Chapter 14

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You know this is considered as kidnapping?” I glanced over to Jessica who was blindfolded and handcuffed while sitting on the passenger seat; “I don’t see a kid in my car, so technically it isn’t.” I heard Jessica let out a whine in response, “You know what I meant and can’t you just let me go? Please~” After the stunt you pulled off… “No way. Not trusting you again. Just enjoy the ride princess. I promise you, you’ll like the surprise.” Jessica let out a sigh, “So handcuffs aren’t coming off?” I shook my head and then realized she couldn’t see me, “Nope.” I made sure to let the ‘p’ popped out more than the usual, “You know-“

 

“I know. You don’t like being blindfolded and you don’t like surprises because then you have to act like you like them. I know, but please~ I actually tried to set this all up for you. I promise if you don’t like any of it then we can just pack up and go home.” Jessica let out another sigh, “ I’m sorry.” I came to a red light and stopped, “Sorry for what? Telling me your honest opinion? Jessica, I’d rather hear your honest opinion than build our relationship on lies. I’m not going to lie... I might be a bit upset if you don’t like it, but that doesn’t mean it’ll stop me from approaching you at a new angle” I let go of the clutch and set my hand over Jessica’s, “One little obstacle won’t stop me from pursuing you princess.” Jessica let out a small smile and the light turned green. I let go of Jessica’s hand and put the clutch into gear.

 

You must be wondering why Jessica’s blindfolded and handcuffed inside my car. Well… she wouldn’t come along willingly, so I had to take extra measures against her unwilling actions. Now I’m not saying that getting her into the car was a synch because it wasn’t. I’m actually glad the parking lot was empty because if it weren’t then I would have had to explain to some police officers exactly why I had her in the state she is inside my car. You also must be wondering how the hell I got my hands onto some handcuffs. Here’s my answer. Three words.

 

Tiff and Sooyoung.

 

I honestly don’t want to know how the hell they managed to get some of these into their possession, nor do I want to know for what exact reasons do they use them for. It just gives me the chills just thinking about it.

 

When we finally arrived at our destination, I noticed Jessica sleeping with her head leaning on the window. I chuckled at the sight and decided to take the handcuffs off her hands. Once I took them off, Jessica stirred a bit and just when she was about to take off her blindfold I held her hands in place, “Not yet princess. Let’s get you out of the car so that you can see your surprise.” Jessica let out a sigh and nodded. I, on the other hand, quickly got out of the car and jogged to the other side. I quickly opened Jessica’s door and helped her get out carefully.

 

We walked along a long path as I guided her on where she should step and how she should step. It was quite troublesome to be honest, but totally worth it. When we finally made it to the sandy area, I saw Henry not too far from us and he waved to signal that he’d be leaving. I waved back and Henry fist pumped the air before he gave me a sly smirk. I shook my head and shooed him away.

 

“Are we here now stupid?” I looked at Jessica once I heard her voice, “Yeah, but don’t take off your blindfold just yet. “ I looked at the sandy area, “On second thought, it might be a good idea to take off your heels.” Jessica furrowed her brows at me, “Trust me princess.” She nodded and slipped off her heels, “… Are we at the beach?” I let out a nervous chuckle and took off her blindfold, “Surprise.” Jessica looked shocked as she took in the scenery before her. I don’t blame her though because even I didn’t know it was going to come out to look pretty nice. I have to give both Henry and Sooyoung some credit for everything. They did a great job.

 

There were rose petals scattered all around the sandy area and candles that were covered by a material with heart shapes. Outside of the candles were torches burning with life as they stood outside the perimeters mocking to be guardians. Tied to the torches were white lights that made it look as if they were small stars. The lights were decorated to look like a rooftop to a topless hut. You could hear the fire snap and crack from afar as you laid your eyes on the bonfire that was near the sea. The air was crisp and fresh with a scent of smoke and… is that vanilla? In the center of it all was a white blanket with decorative pillows stacked up upon each other on one side of the blanket. At the center stood a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries both dark and white.

 

“Oh my god.” I turned to look at Jessica and she was still processing the scenery before us. I smiled as she turned to me, “How? When did you do all this?” I chuckled a bit and glanced back at the setting. “Well I came up with the idea and both Sooyoung and Henry helped me refine everything. They also did most of the set up while I distracted you.” Jessica smiled. She then leaned in and kissed me, “You were right.” I was? “I don’t like it.” I felt like my heart drop when I heard those words come out of Jessica’s mouth. Honestly, I thought I could change her mind about the surprise, “I love it stupid.” Wait. Did I hear right?  “Come again?” Jessica pecked my lips and intertwined our hands, “I said I love it stupid. Do you want me to keep repeating it?” I unconsciously smiled. Man I feel so damn giddy right now, “It wouldn’t hurt if you did.” I felt a playful slap make contact with my arm, “Yah!” I laughed and Jessica joined me.

 

I let go of Jessica for a moment, so that I could slip off my shoes and socks. “Shall we?” I held my arm out and Jessica held onto it, “We shall.” I then guided Jessica through the rose pedals and onto the blanket. “I have a question.” Jessica lied down and I lied down right next to her as we looked up onto the sky. The lights really made it look as if there were stars in the sky on this chilly night. “You just asked.” Jessica slapped my stomach, “You know what I meant.” I let out a soft chuckle and spread my arm out, “Okay then ask away princess.” Jessica seemed to understand my action because she placed her head on my arm and I turned to face her, “How were you able to set this all up? I mean won’t the owner get mad?” I laughed at her question before I could reply to her questions, “Why would I get mad?”

 

“You mean you…” I nodded and tapped her nose, “Yes princess. My dad left me the beach house he owned along with the area.” Jessica slapped my hand away, “What else do you own?” I stared into her eyes, “Not much actually.” Jessica flicked my forehead, “Stop trying to be so modest.” I smiled and rubbed my forehead, “But I’ll be ruining your other surprise.” Jessica lifted an eyebrow and I let out a sigh of defeat, “I own a yacht, but that’s all I’m saying.” Jessica’s expression lit up, “Can we go on it?” I nodded in response and tugged some of her hair behind her ear, “Of course, but that’s not until tomorrow.” Jessica stared at me with these wide surprised eyes, “You mean…” I nodded because I knew what she was going to ask, “We’re staying here until tomorrow and Soojung will be staying with Sooyoung and Tiff, so don’t worry about her. I also packed an extra set or two of clothing along with her stuff. Don’t worry about Soojung because she’s prepared and Tiff said she’ll call if she needs anything.” Jessica smiled and kissed me, “You’re the best.” I smirked and pulled her in a but closer to me, “I know.” Jessica giggled as we kissed under the starlight moon.

 

“You know… you never really did tell me why you’re doing all this.” Jessica was laying on top of me as she fed me some chocolate covered strawberries, “Should I have a reason to why I’m doing this for you?” Jessica sat up and straddled my waist, “No one does these types of things without having a reason stupid.” I smiled and sat up to let our lips meet, “I can’t get anything get past you, now can I?” Jessica smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck as she pecked my lips, “No, now fess up.”

 

I looked into her eyes for a moment and then held one finger up, “Let me look for something really quick.” Jessica got off my lap and I hurriedly made my way to the house, grabbed my guitar and a stool, and ran back. Jessica was still sitting on the same spot I left her when I left to grab the things. “I can rap, but I don’t know how my singing will turn out. So try to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter