Chapter 22

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Princess!” I lifted the pillows from Jessica’s bed, “Have you seen my wallet?” I yelled.

 

“No!” Jessica yelled back.

 

“I can’t find it!” I heard footsteps make their way towards where I was, “Retrace your steps. Where’s my sister?”

 

“Her room?” I entered Jessica’s restroom and looked around.

 

“Soojung! Are you done dressing?” I heard Jessica from the other room, and I let out a frustrated sigh. Where the hell could I have put my stupid wallet? I opened one of Jessica’s drawers to her dresser and stopped in my tracks when I read the head title to one of the folders that was lying in there, “New Job Applicant Portfolio.”

 

Why the hell would Jessica be putting together a new portfolio?

 

I opened the folder and Gogo’s character drawing was the first drawing that I saw. “Stupid.” I quickly closed the portfolio and placed it back, “Yeah?” Jessica walked back into the room, “Did you play with my sister earlier?”

 

I nodded.

 

Jessica flicked my forehead and I let out a whine, “What was that for?” I rubbed my aching forehead and Jessica let out a sigh, “What have I told you about playing with my sister hours before we’re about to leave.”

 

Huh?

 

“You haven’t told me anything about that…” Jessica looked at me for a second as if she was lost in thought, “Well don’t play with her the next time we’re about to leave. She likes play hide n’ seek minutes before because she thinks it’s funny.” I smiled and a light chuckle escaped my mouth.  “It actually is pretty funny.”

 

I felt a shiver run down my spine as Jessica glared at me, “I’ll look for her. Help me look for my wallet while I do. Would ya?” Jessica nodded and I walked to the living room.

 

“Soojung~” I walked around the living room, “Don’t you want to leave with your Oppa to her boat?” I checked behind the couch and there was no sign of her. “You were excited to go this morning.”

 

“Soojung~” I walked to the kitchen and opened every cabinet door, “I thought you wanted to play with all your Unnies once we get to the boat?” I let out a sigh when there was no sign of her.

 

I walked back to where her room was located, “Nothing?” Jessica asked as she came out of her room and I shook my head, “I have an idea.” Jessica looked at me with these curious eyes, “Is everything done and packed?” She nodded, “Come on.”

 

I grabbed the bags that were in Jessica’s room and she helped, “Bye Soojung! Your Unnie and I are leaving to my boat!” Jessica and I walked to the exit and I opened the door.

 

Seconds later we heard rushed footsteps make there way towards us, “No don’t leave! I’m here Oppa! I want to go on your boat!” A panting Soojung greeted us and she held my wallet in her small hands.

 

“Soojung, why do you have my wallet?” Soojung smiled innocently, “I was keeping it safe, warm, and protected for you Oppa.” Soojung held my wallet out to me and I looked at her suspiciously.

 

“It’s not nice to take things that aren’t yours Soojung. You know better. What do you say to your Oppa?” Soojung pouted and looked at me, “I’m sorry Oppa. I won’t do it again. I promise.” She held out her pinky and I smiled. “I’ll hold you to that one Soojung.” I gripped my pinky with hers and she smiled.

 

Soojung handed me my wallet and I tucked it into my pocket, “Thanks Soojung, now lets go.”

 

“No. No. No. No. No.” Soojung and I turned to Jessica, “What did I tell you about dressing up Soojung?”

 

“But-But Unnie~”

 

“No buts’ young missy. Go and change like I had told you earlier or else we’re leaving without you.” Soojung pouted and then looked at me.

 

Don’t you dare give in Amber! Don’t give in!

 

“Sorry Soojung, but your Unnie is right.” Soojung let out an annoyed sigh and walked away to her room. I softly laughed as I witnessed her grumble in defeat. “Your sister is annoyingly cute.”

 

“She’s mostly annoying.” I laughed at Jessica’s response.

 

“Are you nervous?” She looked at me and let out a sigh, “If you mean by meeting your sisters, then yes. I am very nervous, and Soojung isn’t helping.” I grabbed her hand and gave it a soft squeeze. “I’m sure they’ll like you.” Jessica let out a small smile.

 

I had invited many of our friends and also my sisters to my yacht. My sisters were actually excited to meet Jessica. I told them that I wanted to gather up with some of our friends and they said that they’d be willing to come, to just set a date and they’ll come over.

 

I’m actually excited to meet them. I haven’t seen them both in quite awhile now. It’s mostly because of the distance and we’ve all been very busy with work. It’s also because of the time difference.

 

“Ready!” Soojung’s small voice could be heard as she ran towards us. She came up to me and held up her arms. “Not now Soojung. Oppa has to carry the luggage down to the car.” She pouted and looked at her sister. “I’m carrying some luggage too Soojung. You’ll just have to walk with us.” Soojung let out a small whine and walked ahead of us.

 

“Do you have everything?” Jessica asked, “I’m pretty positive I do. Let’s go already.” She nodded and we walked together to the car.

 

---

 

“Oppa can I drive the boat?” I looked at Soojung through the rearview mirror as I drove, “Someone does the driving Soojung. I don’t drive the boat.” Soojung pouted, “Do you think if I ask that person, they will let me?”

 

“I’m sure Captain Lee won’t mind.”

 

“Hello?” I looked at Jessica as she answered the call, “Yeah. We’re almost there. You’re there already?”

 

Jessica then looked at me, “How long before we get there?”

 

“Hmm… I’d say another ten or fifteen minutes.”

 

“Amber said like fifteen minutes tops. Why?”

 

“Oh can you buy me some tea?”

 

“Um… berry berry.” Jessica said and then turned to me, “Do you want something from Starbucks? Taeyeon's buying.” I shook my head, “I’m fine.”

 

“Amber doesn’t want anything, so just get me the tea. Okay… Thanks Taengoo.” Jessica ended the call, “Sunny and Taeyeon are already there.”

 

“Have any of the others texted you?”

 

“Tiff said that her and Sooyoung are still on the road, Henry and Nana just left like not too long ago, Yuri and Yoona are actually not too far from us, and Mark and his girlfriend should be there already too.”

 

I nodded and stepped on it a bit, “Then we’d better hurry up before anyone else arrives.”

 

“Unnie.” I saw Jessica look back to her sister from the corner of my eye, “Who’s Mark?”

 

Aw that . I’m sure Soojung doesn’t remember him.

 

“He’s an old friend of mine. You don’t remember him?”

 

“No.”

 

“It’s okay Soojung. I’m sure you’ll like him. He can be like your Oppa.”

 

“No. Oppa is my only Oppa.”

 

“Can’t Mark Oppa be your Oppa too?”

 

I looked at the rear view mirror and saw Soojung shake her head as she crossed her arms. I think it’s cute that she doesn’t want anyone else to be her Oppa, but she has to learn to be nice.

 

“I don’t mind if Mark is your Oppa Soojung. You just don’t have to love him as much as me. It’s like having Yuri as your unnie.” Soojung looked at me, “I don’t have to like him like Yuri unnie at first?” I nodded and I felt a slap on my shoulder.

 

“Yah! So you did tell her something didn’t you?” I stayed quiet.

 

“What did Oppa give you Soojung?” Jessica asked her sister when I stayed quiet, “What are you talking about unnie?” Soojung played dumb and I smiled, “I know you gave her something stupid. I know her very well.” Jessica glared at me.

 

“Oh look isn’t that Taeyeon and Sunny?” I pointed at the car that wasn’t too far from us and parked right next to them. Jessica waved and then looked at me before she got off the car, “This isn’t over Amber.”

 

I grinned and then got out of the car. “Remember what I said Soojung?” I whispered to her as I helped her get out of the car, “Don’t tell unnie no matter what.” I smiled and patted her head, “Good girl. Now lets go say hi to Sunny and Taeyeon.” I carried Soojung in my arms and she held on.

 

“Hi Sunny. Hey Taeyeon.” I greeted the two and they returned the favor, “Soojung aren’t you going to say hi?” I looked at the kid and she hesitated a bit, “Hi Sunny unnie.”

 

“Hi Soojung. You look cute as ever.” The kid shied away and stayed quiet. I noticed how she didn’t want to say hi to Taeyeon.

 

“Soojung. Don’t be mean.” Jessica scolded her sister and the kid pouted a bit, “Hi Taeyeon unnie.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Hi Soojung. It’s nice seeing you again.. I’m sorry about before. I hope you can forgive your Taeyeon unnie.” The kid stayed quiet and hid her face in my neck.

 

“Soojung-“

 

“It’s okay Sica. I don’t expect her to forgive me right away. Leave her be for now.” Jessica let out a sigh after what Taeyeon said and I looked at the familiar car that parked next to ours.

 

“Hey Am. Hi Jessica.” Yuri greeted us as her and Yoona walked towards us. “Hi you two.”

 

“Yoona unnie!” Soojung excitedly said and I put her down. She ran to her and Yoona hugged the kid.

 

“Taeyeon. Sunny. This is Yoona,” I pointed at the woman who had Soojung in her arms and then at the one next to her, “and Yuri, her girlfriend in which is also my roommate.”

 

“Yoona. Yuri. This is Taeyeon, “ I held my hand towards Taeyeon and she bowed a bit, “And her wife Sunny.” The two couples exchanged their hellos’ and what not, and afterwards another car parked next to Taeyeon’s car.

 

“Taeyeon!” A familiar guy with a cap on came rushing towards Taeyeon and she open heartedly accepted his hug. “Mark! It’s been so long.”

 

Oh it’s Mark. I almost didn’t recognize him.

 

“I heard you got married.” Mark put her down and she looked at Sunny. Taeyeon stretched her hand out to Sunny and Sunny took a hold of it, “Mark, I’d like to introduce you to my wife Sunny. Sunny, this is an old friend of mine I met through Jessica.” The two greeted each other. Mark then greeted the rest of us, and even introduced his friend Jackson to us.

 

“Yah. I thought you were going to introduce us to your girlfriend.” Mark let out a sheepish smile, “This genius over here made her mad yesterday. They’re not on speaking terms at the moment.” I shook my head at what Jackson had said.

 

“What the hell did you do this time Mark? I swear everytime I want to meet one of your girlfriends, they either break up with you or you’re not on good terms with her.” Jessica crossed her arms as if she was demanding for an explanation, “I’ll tell you later Sica. Right now isn’t the time.” Mark looked at me, “I hope you don’t mind that I brought a friend along instead.”

 

“Not at all. Jackson’s welcome to come along… just keep in mind that you’ll be sleeping with him in one room since we’re packed.” Mark and Jackson’s face was priceless once I finished my sentence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter