Party Time (Pt.2)

My Perfect Stranger

kpop animated GIF


The party has been going on for about an hour now, and things have been going well. Taemin's friends aren't messing with Jongin, the kids are having fun, Minho got to hang with the boys, and most of all, Jongin's happy. 

 
Thankfully, Jonghyun hasn't caused a scene.......yet. You never know with him. Speaking of him, where is he? He's nowhere to be found on that balcony. 
 
"Excuse me, I'm headed to the restroom," I whispered to Minho before walking past him into the house. 
 
I closed the sliding door and walked to the hallway where the bathroom is. When I walked in, I noticed Jonghyun standing in there with his back turned to me. 
 
"Oh, there you are. You've been gone most of the party. What have you been doing?" I smacked my lips. "Ugh, never mind. Anyway, get out. I need to pee."
 
He turned around slowly and what I saw wasn't pretty. His face showed pure insanity. At that moment, I knew I needed to get out before anything could happen. However, as I backed out, he quickly yanked me into the restroom and slammed the door shut. 
 
"Jonghyun, what the hell is your problem?!"
 
He chuckled before saying, "Ha, you thought you could just get away with it. You thought I would never find out. Oh Bummie....... DO YOU REALLY THINK IM THAT STUPID?!" His burst of anger caught me by surprise. 
 
"W-what are you talking about?"
 
He walked to me slowly as he said, "What am I talking about? Are you really that naive, Key? I'm talking about your little family friend. Care to explain why the hell the scent he has on today smells exactly like the scent I smelled on you before?!"
 
My heart dropped. Oh no. He knew. I tried to play it off. "Oh don't be silly. Millions of people where Old Spice. He just so happens to be one of them."
 
"And someone who's not one of them is you."
 
I was backed into the corner of the restroom. "I really don't have time for this. Today is my baby's birthday and I'm missing it because of you. You should be more worried about him than my boyfr-....... Uh, friend."
 
. That really got his attention. His eyebrows lifted. "Your what?"
 
"My friend?"
 
"Dont ing play with me Key! I know he's your boyfriend! You just said it! You can't hide things from me. I don't even know why you try because I always find out."
 
My voice shook. "Please don't mess with him."
 
He grinned. "Oh, Bummie. Now you know I can't do that. He walked into this battlefield and I'm not giving up without a fight. He asked for it."
 
Anger and frustration came at that moment. Angry tears pooled my eyes as I said, "I ing hate you!"
 
Jonghyun looked taken aback. At that moment, there was a knock at the door. 
 
"Key? Are you ok?" It was Minho. I really hope he doesn't burst in here. Damn I wish Jonghyun would've locked me in. "It's been awhile. I was checking to see if you're sick. I told you not to buy so many sweets." I would've laughed if I wasn't in the situation I was in. 
 
Before I could respond for help, I felt Jonghyun's hands cup my face and forcefully pull me into a kiss. My eyes widened and I tried my best to pull away, but he was too strong. 
 
"I'm coming in." No! "Key, wh-...."
 
At that, Jonghyun pulled away and smiled proudly at Minho. I had tears streaming down my face as I sunk to the floor out of embarrassment. "There! How does it feel to have the one you love in someone else's arms? It hurts, right? Now you know how it ing feels, Minho!"
 
"What the , man?!"
 
I looked up at Minho to see he looked as if he was ready to punch Jonghyun. I hopped up because I didn't want this turning into a fight, not on my son's birthday. 
 
I got in between the two of them and tried my hardest to talk through my tears. "Stop it! Just stop it! Jonghyun, this is our son's birthday. Why the hell can't you just stop making this about you and actually go out there and be a good father?!"
 
That seemed to strike a nerve. " I am a good father! I always dedicate time to my boys!"
 
"Yeah, when you're not dedicating time to ruining my life!"
 
"You did this to yourself! The things I do to you now are things you didn't mind before!"
 
"That's cause we were in love and you weren't completely insane!"
 
Minho intervened. "I think this is enough," he said as he tried to lead me out. 
 
Jonghyun roughly snatched my wrist to stop me from leaving. "This doesn't concern you!"
 
When Minho saw the pain on my face, he stepped in front of me to face Jonghyun. "It does now, so get your damn hands off of him!"
 
"He's mine! Isn't that right, Bummie!" He gave my wrist a hard squeeze that had me screaming for him to let go. 
 
Minho did what he thought he only could do. He punched Jonghyun, which made him let go of my wrist. I feel to the floor and Minho ran to me. 
 
"Let's go, Key."
 
Jonghyun sprung back up and said. "Wait one minute. You're going to punch and leave? What a ! You gave me a cheap shot. How about we fight like real men?"
 
Minho stood up. "If you want to so bad, then let's do it. I've wanted you kick your for awhile now after what Key has told me about you."
 
"Stop it! The both of you, just stop!" It went silent as they both stared at me. I continued to yell, not knowing there was a crowd of people behind me outside of the door, one of them being the birthday boy. "This is nonsense! Today is supposed to be about Jongin! Based on the restraining order, I could've not invited you, Jonghyun, but I did anyway because I want you to see your children. But how do you treat me? You treat me like once you find out there's someone else interested in me! You treat me like property more than a person!"
 
"Bummie-"
 
"Stop with the ing name! You don't have respect for me! You stress me out so much, I'm already starting to have health problems because of it! Y'know, sometimes I wish I'd never met you. Then, there would be no stress, no restraining order, and most importantly, no children! If I could have chosen to have a child with someone else besides you, I definitely would have!"
 
I heard sniffling behind me. I turned around to see the most heartbreaking sight ever. Jongin was standing there with tears in his eyes. 
 
He walked up to me before saying, "Is it true, umma? D-Do you wish you never had me and Taemin?"
 
My lip quivered. I never like to see my babies cry. I hugged him. "Baby, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry you had to hear that. Umma was just caught up in the heat of the moment. I love you so much, Jongin. I would never change the fact that I had you. I'm sorry you had to hear any of this conversation. It's not one for a child's ears."
 
He cried loudly into my shoulder. Jonghyun walked up to us and kneeled so that he was next to Jongin. I wanted to shove him away, but he's his father so he had a right to comfort him. 
 
He said softly as he rubbed his back. "Hey, buddy. Don't cry ok? Appa's sorry." I could see deep regret in Jonghyun's eyes. If there is only one thing we can agree on, it's that our children mean the world to us. 
 
Jongin talked as he continued to cry hard. "B-but y-you and umma fight! I-I don't like when you fight! I w-want a h-happy family!" My eyes welled up all over again. I didn't want my conflict with Jonghyun affecting my kids. 
 
"And we can be one." At that, Minho stormed abruptly out of the restroom. It confused me, but I had to focus on Jongin first. "Listen, Appa's sorry for making you feel like this. I feel horrible about making you upset. I'm sorry this had to happen on your birthday."
 
He lifted his head out of my shoulder and the sight broke me even more. "I-I don't want you to fight anymore. I want umma and appa to be happy, e-even if it's not with each other."
 
I really hoped Jonghyun was taking all of this in. These are things I've been trying to tell him, but now it's coming from our son. 
 
I spoke up. "Honey, do you want to continue your party?"
 
He shook his head. "No, I wanna go to bed!"
 
"Ok. First we have to sing happy birthday to you and send your guests off ok?" He nodded. "Go to your grandma to get yourself cleaned up."
 
Jonghyun's mom glanced at me sadly before taking Jongin upstairs. She shooed off all the guests by the door, leaving me with Jonghyun. 
 
"I feel like ," he said as we stared at the floor. 
 
"You should. Don't you ever get tired of trying to ruin my life?"
 
"Not really. I'm just really upset that Jongin had to see that."
 
I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Wait. So you're not sorry about the things you've done? You're only sorry that Jongin saw it?"
 
He nodded. "Yeah. My feelings about you will always stay same. I will always know you're mine and I'm not giving up. I just didn't want Jongin seeing me in that state."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Real mature." I stood up because I was getting sick of arguing. "And can you please get out. I still have to use the restroom."
 
He chuckled and stood. "Whatever you want, my love."
 
He exited the bathroom and I closed the door. I sigh and looked at my reflection.  Looked completely different from how I looked 10 years ago. I have worry lines, bags under my eyes, and I swear it seems like I'm losing hair. Of course these changes are very subtle. I still look pretty, it's just that this stress is getting to me. 
 
I used the restroom then hurried to find Minho. He seemed pissed when he stormed out of the restroom. I hope he's ok. 
 
I made my way to the living room and saw that the kids were playing video games. I knew Jongin would be upset if Minho wasn't there to sing happy birthday to him, so I had to find him. 
 
"I'll be back, boys," I said to Jongin and Taemin. 
 
I headed out the door to see Minho standing by the elevator. 
 
"Yah! Minho!" 
 
He turned around then looked down at the ground. 
 
I made my way over as I said, "Why did you leave the party? Jongin's going to be really upset if you don't be there to sing happy birthday."
 
"We need to talk."
 
That threw me off. "A-About what?"
 
"I'll tell you later." He kissed my head then headed back inside my apartment door. 
 
Kiss. That took me back to the bathroom. Jonghyun had kissed me and it brought back memories. Memories of those happy days we used to share together. The only difference is he wasn't rough then. He was patient with me. Now...... no comment. 
 
I made my way back inside the party. I saw Minho talking to Jongin trying to cheer him up. It seemed to be working. 
 
"Ok, everyone! The party is about to end." There were whines and groans from the children. "I know, I know, but I need everyone to gather around on the balcony so we can sing happy birthday to Jongin."
 
The kids headed outside on the balcony with their parents and gathered at the long table. My dad helped me being the huge cake to the table. 
berry-covered-birthday-cake-1-513x794.jp
 
Of course it has fruit on it because I want my boys to get some kind of nutrients from this sugary tower of doom. 
 
Jongin's eyes widened at the sight of the cake. I stood at the center of the table where Jongin was. I beckoned Jonghyun to come over and stand on the other side of Jongin. 
 
Jonghyun counted, "1, 2, 3," and we all began singing. 
 
This whole time, Jongin's face had the biggest smile on his face. It was a difference from what happened earlier. This is what I live for. That smile on his face was all I ever wanted.
 
"Umma, how are we going to cut this?" Taemin asked. 
 
"Uh......no idea. Appa!" I called my dad over and he helped me cut the cake. 
 
Nicole passed out party favors as the kids left with their cakes. I could tell everyone had a good time. Everyone, except one person. 
 
"Jonghyun, can you stay here with the boys? I need to go do something." Jonghyun nodded, but my dad overhead. 
 
"I got to spend more time with him?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "Please try not to kill each other."
 
I headed to the kitchen where Minho was. "Hiding in the kitchen?"
 
He glanced and me. "Let's go somewhere."
 
I raised an eyebrow. "Somewhere like?"
 
"We can just ride around. It helps me clear my head." I nodded and went to say goodbye to my boys. 
 
I kissed them both on the cheek before saying, "I'll be right back, ok?" Jonghyun looked up and saw Minho. "Not a word," I warned. 
 
Me and Minho silently headed out the door and to his car. When we got in, I buckled my seatbelt and waited for him to start driving. However, we just sat there. 
 
"Um? Where are we going?"
 
"Did you enjoy it?"
 
"What?"
 
"Did you enjoy the kiss? It looked like he sure did."
 
I sighed. "Is that what this is about? You're jealous because of that kiss-"
 
"It's not just the kiss," he cut me off. "It's everything. It's the fact that he knows you longer, he has a family with you, he has so much control over you!"
 
"He does not have control over-"
 
"Then why haven't you gone to the police yet about him violating his restraining order?"
 
"B-Because, I want him to see his children."
 
"And you want him to see you too."
 
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?! Why would I want that?!" This was really pissing me off. 
 
"Gee, I don't know. You tell me!"
 
"Really Minho? You're just being jealous right now. You're not thinking straight."
 
"You know what? I am being jealous. I'm jealous that he was able to have those beautiful boys with you instead of me. Those boys deserve to have a mentally stable dad."
 
"He's not like that around them."
 
"Can you please stop making excuses for him?!"
 
"Can you please stop raising your voice at me?! I have enough stress as it is!"
 
"Stop thinking about yourself, Key! Or shall I say BUMMIE?"
 
I slapped his chest and shoved him before trying to head out the car. He grabbed my wrists to stop me. 
 
"Let me go, Minho!"
 
"What? You don't like that name unless he says it?"
 
"No! You're being a right now! You're acting just like him!" That made him stop and let go of my wrists. He sat straight in his seat and stared in front of him. "What has gotten into you?!"
 
He sighed before putting his head in his hands. "I'm sorry, Key. I'm so sorry."
 
My voice cracked. "You're supposed to be my Prince Charming, but now, you're acting like the wicked witch."
 
He lifted his head and looked at me. He leaned in and kissed me. I deepened it by wrapping my arms around his neck. Without breaking the kiss, he pulled me over to his side of the car and I straddled him. 
 
I pulled away before saying, "What was that for?"
 
"I'm just trying to confirm that you're mine now. Key, I really am sorry for flipping out. He just made me so angry the way he made it seem like he has you wrapped around his finger."
 
I chuckled. "But who am I wrapped around now?"
 
He smirked. "I need a little reminder."
 
I leaned down and kissed him again. He grabbed my , moving it back and forth, making me grind on him. His hand tried to travel up my shirt, but I stopped it. 
 
I whispered, "Not tonight."
 
He whined childishly and I burst out laughing. "It's no fair to get me this ."
 
I climbed off his lap to the passenger side as I said, "You did this to yourself, buddy."
 
"Before you go, I want to know why you flipped out when I said Bummie."
 
I sighed heavily. "That name brings up a lot of pain. That's why I get mad when Jonghyun calls me that. Just.....please don't do it again."
 
He nodded. "Y'know, if Jonghyun decides to act crazy again.....I'll go to the police myself if I have to."
 
"What-"
 
"Key, you need to get it through your mind that he's never going to stop. He may not look like a mental patient, but I know a crazy man when I see one. The best way to stop this is to go ahead and either lock him up or send him to a mental ward."
 
I knew what he was saying was true, but I just didn't want to believe it. "I believe in him. I believe he can change, Minho. I really don't want my children growing up without their father. I couldn't have that on my conscience everyday."
 
He put a hand on my shoulder. "You can't help everyone. Look, I'm not saying I'll do it right away, but if he does something that's beyond crossing the line, then I'll have no other choice." He hugged me sincerely. "I love you, Kibum."
 
There goes those butterflies. "I love you too, Minho."
 
I really hope I don't drive him away with my life. I have so much going on and he really doesn't have to put up with it, but he does. 
 
Minho, please take me away from this nightmare. 

Woo! Another update. Sorry for all the angst! Minho and Jonghyun are vying for Key's attenion now and he just doesn't now what to do about it. Please comment ^.~