No Escape

My Perfect Stranger

tumblr_nitpydtzVM1qihji8o6_250.gif


Today was an extra busy day for me. I was on the set of Music Bank and had to do so many idols' makeup as well as coordinated some of their outfits. It was very stressful but worth it sense I made good money. 
 
That's not the only reason why the day was so busy. There was buzz about a new solo artist coming out and he was assigned to me for makeup. I wasn't really worried since I usually got the newbies, but everyone else were making a big deal out of it. 
 
"Key, make sure everything's together before he gets here! And use new materials with him, not anything you've used on others. Plus, you should tidy up a bit." My co-worker nagged on and on. 
 
"Um, no offense, but I know what to do already. I've been doing this for too long to not know how to treat a first time client. And what's so important about this newbie anyway? I've been hearing about him all morning."
 
"I'm not really sure. I guess it's because of his wealthy parents. No one wants to get a bad review and have him tell his parents. That could get us all fired."
 
"Sounds like a spoiled brat to me."
 
She shrugged. "I don't know. I heard he's really handsome though so maybe that means good signs for you."
 
I scoffed. "Yeah right. How do you even know if he's gay?"
 
"Well he's never been seen alone with females unless it's family so maybe that's a sign."
 
"Well, even if he was gay, I'm not interested. I'm way too busy."
 
"Oh, well-"
 
"He's coming now," a lady said when she popped her head in the door. 
 
A few seconds later, the new idol came in. My heart instantly dropped. What the hell was he doing here?
 
"I'll leave you two alone," said my coworker before she walked out. 
 
After she was gone, the room went quiet before I spoke. "Jonghyun, what the hell are you doing here?!"
 
He chuckled. "Is that anyway to greet your new client?"
 
"Since when have you been interested in being an idol?"
 
"Oh Bummie, let's not forget those romantic moments we shared. Let's not forget those endless nights I sang to you and even made you cry. So me being a singer shouldn't be too alarming."
 
Flashback: 10 years ago
School Talent Show
 
I made sure I got a front row seat in our school's auditorium. I was so excited to see the show because my school was full of talented students. More importantly, my boyfriend was performing. He was such a tease. I asked him over and over again what he was doing, but he said I had to wait and see. 
 
And that's what I did. He was the third to last performance. I thought they'd never call him, but when those curtains opened and I heard his lovely voice, my attention was only on him. 
 
"Hello everyone. My name is Kim Jonghyun and I'll be performing a self-composed song. This song is very special to me because I wrote it when I was thinking about someone I truly love. The song's name is Symptoms, and Bummie, this is for you."
 
I lightly gasped as the music began playing. I'd never heard Jonghyun sing before. Maybe a hum or two, but never a full song. And the fact that he dedicated this song to me made this moment even more special. 
 
It’s a mysterious, no, it’s a strange thing, it might be a sickness
I have no strength in my body, I can’t control it
These bad symptoms appeared after I met you
I’m left alone on this black night (in my room that’s filled with thoughts of you)
I can’t do anything and I draw you out as I am in pain all day
Your indifferent face that I can’t figure out makes my breath stop

 

My heart pounded as I took in the meaning of the lyrics. I could feel all of the love Jonghyun wasn't able to express at times. I knew he loved me, but I didn't know his feelings were this strong. It was breath taking. 
 
He made eye contact with me most of his performance. There were stares from the people around me who were surprised, shocked, envious, and congratulatory, but I didn't really care. All that mattered at the time was the man singing to me. 
 
Tears threatened to fall as the song neared its end. All it took was the last line of the song to have me bawling. 
 
I can’t live if I lose you
 
I excused myself to the hallway as Jonghyun bowed and walked offstage. I was alone in the hallway trying to pull myself together. Jonghyun came out the auditorium doors and smiled before hugging me. 
 
"Hey, Bummie. Why are you crying? Did you not like it?"
 
I shook my head and pulled away do he could see my tear filled eyes. "These are happy tears."
 
He chuckled before reaching out to wipe a stray tear. "Awww, you're so cute. Even with ruined makeup, you still look adorable."
 
I groaned and placed my head on his chest. "I blame you. I really loved your song."
 
He pulled away so he could see my face. He cupped my face as he said, "I meant every word of it. You make me feel so crazy sometimes, Bummie. I can't go a second without thinking of you. I sometimes feel as if I'm mentally ill from your love, but you're the only one who can fix it. That's why I made that song, Bummie. It was all for you." He ended with a kiss on my lips.  
 
We didn't even stay around to hear who won. We went back to his place and had an amazing night. 
 
Flashback end. 
 
"Do you not remember the talent show, Bummie? I had a standing ovation. All because I wrote a song about my love to you."
 
I scoffed, "If I knew then that that song was a warning sign for our future, I would've never appreciated it."
 
"Ouch. Those are harsh words towards a client don't you think?"
 
"Can you stop with this client bull? You're violating the restraining order again. You're not supposed to be around me unless it involves our kids."
 
"However, if we so happen to run into each other for business related issues, then those rules are null and void."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Why do you keep trying to jump around the rules. And where are the kids anyway?"
 
"They're at my parents' house since I'm here. So don't worry, they're in good hands."
 
"They better be," I said bitterly. 
 
"So are you going to ify me or am I going to have to wait all day. I mean, I do have a schedule now."
 
I sighed. "Just sit in the the damn chair."
 
"Whatever you say, gorgeous."
 
He sat down as I gathered my materials. "I'll just define your eyes and put some balm on your lips. That's all you need."
 
"Of course you would know. These lips used to do wonders......and still can."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Just be quiet."
 
He chuckled. "As you wish."
 
I applied the makeup on his face and tried to do it as fast as possible. The quicker I got the job done, the sooner he'd be out of here. 
 
I soon finished and he got up and looked in the mirror. 
 
"Wow. You're really good. I'll definitely have to assign you as my stylist."
 
"Um, thanks, but no thanks. I'm perfectly fine with not having to work for you."
 
"Haha, you're so funny. Well, I guess I'll see you out there. You'll be rooting for me right?"
 
"If you still have some talent left, yeah."
 
He grinned. "You'll see. This performance will be really special. So I hope you watch it."
 
I waved him off. "Yeah, if I have time."
 
"See ya, yeobo," he said as he walked out the door. 
 
I cringed at that name. I had no idea what it would take for him to see that I wasn't his anymore. 
 
After awhile, it was time for the show to start. I watched on the flat screen in the dressing room. I looked proudly as I saw no ones makeup run and no ones pants ripped. Everything was going as planned. That is until Baekhyun, the MC , announced that there was a new idol coming out. 
 
"We've been hearing about it for awhile and the time's finally come. Let's give a round of applause for Kim Jonghyun and his title song Crazy! Music start!" 
 
The crowed went wild and cheered as the music started. As the lights flashed onstage, I caught my breath. The camera zoomed in on the man I once loved. I can't lie. He looked so damn handsome once all of my attention was on him. 
 
As the song started, I began to nod my head. I liked how upbeat the song was. I actually enjoyed it until I took in the lyrics. 
 
Oh I feel like I’m a bit dizzy
I thought I was broken
You are a beautiful trap
Don’t you know? Don’t you know?
It is dangerous, your smile
Don’t you know? Don’t you know?

 
Immediately, I knew what the song was about. It was just like the talent show 10 years ago. He confessed his love and was basically saying how crazy he was for me......literally. Back then, I was too stupid to realize that it was a sign that I should stay away from him. Not this time. I'm not falling for it again. I can't! 
 
Pretending to not know, pretending to be different
Avoiding it well, and acting annoyed but
Far from that behavior
If you see me, you’ll wave your hand again and say hello
Crazy Crazy Crazy
 
I was boiling on the inside. I was feeling angry because I wasn't able to express myself right then. It really pissed me off that he was singing about being crazy and everyone loved it. If only they knew.....
 
The performance ended and there was an uproar of applause. MC Baekhyun and MC Suho came onstage to congratulate and talk to him. 
 
Suho spoke, "Wow! That was amazing! How do you feel?"
 
Jonghyun spoke into his mic. "It was great. It felt like a rush. I'm glad that it turned out well."
 
Baekhyun commented. "I really liked it. Can you explain to the audience the meaning behind this song?"
 
"Neh. This is a love song. It's a song I wrote about a special someone in my life. I want this person to know that they drive me crazy in all of the right ways."
 
"Well I hope this person got the message," Baekhyun joked. "Kim Jonghyun, everyone!"
 
The crowd applauded and the camera switched to the next performer. I cut off the tv, no longer interested in evaluating my idols' makeup and wardrobe. 
 
I headed out the door, in search of Jonghyun. I soon ran into him as he walked down the crowded hallway. People did congratulatory pats as he walked towards the dressing room I'd just left. I hurried past the people in the hallway to get to him. Once I got his attention, he smiled.  
 
"Hey, honey."
 
I rolled my eyes. "We need to talk. NOW." He grinned. "And take that stupid smile off of your face."
 
I turned around and headed towards the dressing room again. Once we were both alone, I locked the door to give us some privacy. 
 
"If you wanted some alone time, all you had to do was ask," Jonghyun joked. 
 
I smacked my lips. "Stop it. Now can you please tell me what the hell was that?!"
 
"Huh? You mean my song I wrote for you? Did you like it?"
 
"Why would I like something like my psycho ex singing about being crazy? You make no sense, Jonghyun!"
 
He chuckled. "Your denial is priceless. Admit it. You were flattered.  I seem to have that effect on those who love me."
 
I rolled my eyes and looked at the time. It was 30 minutes until I could leave. However, I couldn't take Jonghyun any longer. "I'm leaving."
 
As I walked past him, he grabbed my arm. I snagged it away before saying, "Don't touch me."
 
"Awww. You used to love when I touched you, when I caressed you." He walked slowly towards me until he was able to whisper in my ear, "When I made love to you."
 
My face reddened and I pushed him away. "You stay away from me. Got it?!"
 
As I headed out the door, I heard him say, "You can't run away from me forever! I own you!"
 
I stopped dead in my tracks and walked back into the dressing room. "What did you say?" I was beyond pissed. 
 
He smirked. "I think you heard me quite clearly."
 
"No, obviously I heard wrong. You don't own me, Jonghyun. I'm an independent person now and I'm getting sick and tired of having to keep telling you the same ing thing!" I was livid. "I'm sick of you harassing me and using our kids as a way to get to me! I'm not yours anymore and I'll never be!" Before he could answer, I ran out the door. 
 
I was heated. I could basically feel fire underneath my skin. Jonghyun knew just how to drive me to the point of insanity, and it really pisses me off that I let him. You have no idea how often I try to ignore him because I know he's just looking for a reaction, but he knew just how to push my buttons. 
 
He makes me so angry! He makes me want to punch something. SOMEONE! ANYONE! All I asked for was for us to be able to co-exist for our beautiful little angels. But nooooo. He wants to be the world's biggest and upset the umma of his children. UGH!
 
I angrily stormed out of the entertainment building, ignoring the confused stares that flew my way. I quickly walked to my car in the staff parking lot. I muttered angrily as I dropped my keys trying to unlock the door. 
 
When I was finally able to get inside, I slammed my door shut and let out a long loud scream before resting my head on the steering wheel. 
 
"Why me," I whimpered in silence. My silence was disrupted by the ringing of my phone. "Ugh, what now?"
 
I checked the caller ID to see it was Jonghyun's mom's number. I picked up irritatedly. "Hey, Mrs. Kim."
 
"Hey, Kibum! It's nice to hear your voice. Are you feeling well? You sound kind of down."
 
I sighed heavily. "I'm getting by. Is there something wrong? Is it the boys?"
 
"Oh no. They're not a problem. Actually, they wanted to speak to you. I'll put the phone on speaker."
 
After she did that, I heard those two voices that were able to lift my mood. "HEY, UMMA!" They shouted into the phone excitedly. 
 
A huge grin spread across my face. "Hey, babies! How are you two?"
 
I heard what sounded like Jongin's voice. "We miss you, umma!"
 
"Aww, I miss you too."
 
"We miss appa too," said Taemin. "Where is he, umma?"
 
My smile faltered at the mention of Jonghyun. "Daddy's working. It's ok, boys. Don't worry."
 
"What are you doing, umma," asked Jongin. 
 
I sighed dreamily. "Oh nothing. I'm just getting off of work. I'm heading home so I have to get off the phone now, ok?" I heard the two of them whine. "No whining. Now, don't give your grandma any trouble, ok? Go to bed early and don't forget to brush your teeth. Talk to you later, ok?"
 
"Neh! By, umma! We love you!"
 
My heart melted. "I love you too, babies!" Before the phone hung up, Mrs. Kim said goodbye and I said bye to her as well. 
 
I headed home, feeling a bit better since I talked to my kids. They always knew how to brighten my day. 
 
As I rode home, I drove past the soccer stadium where Minho said he practiced. I immediately thought of him and that charming smile. It felt nice to finally start back dating. I feel like I have a life now. 
 
Sadly, Jonghyun doesn't think so. Just the thought of him makes me sick. I often found myself wondering what would've happened if we'd never met, but then the thought of my beautiful children always pops up in my head. The adorable two that Minho has seemed to take a liking to. 
 
Oh great. I forgot I had to eventually tell him I had kids. Maybe our date would be a good time. If everything Nicole said was true about him, then I should have nothing to worry about, right? At least I hope so. 
 

Woo! Sorry if it took awhile. I had schoolwork and had to plan a toddler's birthday party. The cake was good though! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please leave comments and subscribe if you haven't already ^.~