Confrontations

My Perfect Stranger

tumblr_nqfxz32pzh1qbefzeo7_400.gif


My heart skipped a beat as the doorbell rang. Let the games begin. 

I put on my best fake smile as I opened the door to an equally fake Nicole. 
 
"Hey, Key!" She hugged me before pulling away and saying, "Thanks for inviting me. We have to catch up on things!" Yeah. A whole lot. 
 
"Yeah, it seems like I haven't seen you in awhile. Come on in."
 
I led her to the living room as she looked around suspiciously. "Where's Minho?"
 
We both sat on the couch before I answered. "Just out with the boys. They wanted to have some quality time together. Why?"
 
Her demeanor changed quickly. "Oh! No reason! It's just oddly quiet in here. It's not usually like this. Yeah....so, are you two ok?"
 
"Never better." I narrowed my eyes. "Why are you so interested in my boyfriend?"
 
"Umm...well....it's just that earlier, he told me you guys got into a fight. I was deeply worried."
 
I smiled slightly. "Well, don't be worried. We're fine. Did he tell you what we fought about?" I could basically see her coming up with a lie. 
 
She quickly answered. "No, no. He just said it was serious. He didn't go into details." Such a liar. 
 
"Yeah, it was serious. So serious, I hadn't talked to him in three days. I was so lonely and depressed. Then, he finally showed up and apologized."
 
"Oh....um....well that's great! Im happy for you guys."
 
"Thanks. Nicole, I have some questions I want to ask you."
 
"Uhhh, go ahead."
 
I breathed deeply. "Do you think I can trust you?"
 
She scrunched her eyebrows. "Of course. You're family, Key. Of course you should feel as if you can trust me."
 
"Ok. Next question. If you were given the chance to make $1000 for breaking our trust, would you do it?"
 
She laughed nervously. "What? Key, why are you asking me this-"
 
"Just answer the question." My patience was wearing thin. 
 
"I mean, the obvious answer would be to keep our trust. No amount of money is worth our friendship. You should know this."
 
"Mhmm. Next question. If you were offered any amount of money, any amount imaginable, would you betray me?"
 
She was avoiding eye contact. "Oh, come on. This is ridiculous! Key, why are you wasting your time asking these silly questions. I would never betray you."
 
That was it. "Ok. Now that I know how much of a ing liar you are, I don't ever want to see your face ever again," I said as calmly as possible. 
 
"What? Key, what are you going on about?"
 
"Don't act like you don't know. I knew something was up when the news kept saying inside source. Not many people know about my personal life, so that narrowed it down to a few people. The person had to have known where my parents live, where my children's school is to have sent paparazzi there, what was going on with Jonghyun, and know about my partying days in the past. After being confused for days, I finally took another look at things. Everything narrowed down to you."
 
Her expression was so priceless. Did she really think I wouldn't find out? "Key. That's not true-"
 
"Are you seriously still trying to lie to me?! Really? How much of an can you be?! Even Minho told me what you told him. You confessed everything to him! So don't you dare try to deny it. Nicole, if you needed money so badly, all you had to do was ask me. You didn't have to go behind my back and ruin my life!"
 
Her brows furrowed. "You'll never understand. I have reasons as to why I needed the money-"
 
"Reasons so important that you'd go so far as having my kids being taken away from me?! And for what? Just for another story in a tabloid that you can make your dirty money off of? You're sick. You're a sick ing individual!"
 
"It's not like I knew they were actually going to take them!"
 
"And that makes it any better?! It's not like you showed one ounce of compassion. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if you were recording me right now."
 
Her eyes widened. "Oh shoot!" She reached in her pocket and pulled out a recording device before turning it off. "! That was live! I'm so busted!"
 
I huffed out of astonishment. "You know what? You're pathetic. It's kind of funny. The whole time, I've been worried that I may fight you, or something in that nature. But I honestly don't even feel like touching you nor looking at you. This is the last time I ever want you around me or my family. I hope karma gives you a good whooping in the future."
 
"Key, it's not like I don't love you. You're still the best friend I've ever had!"
 
"Friends don't do like this to each other. Nicole, you honestly need some mental help or something." I stood up. "Now please leave....and never come back. And if you do, I won't hesitate to call the cops."
 
She stared at me for a while before slowly standing up and walking in front of me to the door. She turned to face me before I could open the door. "I know you may not believe it now, but I'm really sorry. If it makes you feel any better, the device I was recording from was streaming live to a news company. They heard everything up until I cut it off. My gig is up."
 
"And that's the only reason you're sorry?"
 
"No, I still love you-"
 
"Stop it. Love? You nearly ruined my whole life. A life you're no longer allowed to be apart of. Please leave now."
 
She sighed before heading out the door. I happily slammed it behind her before locking it. 
 
I stood there for a few minutes, staring in front of me. I didn't know what to think or how to feel. Someone I've known and called family for many years is now nothing to me. I don't even think my mind has fully sunken that in. 
 
The only satisfaction I get out of this is that fact that Nicole's going to get exposed. If she was telling the truth about that recorder being streamed live, then that means everyone will find out I was being set up for most of this. 
 
Even so, the media will still be a nuisance because of what's happening between me and Jonghyun. I really wish all of this could end already. 
 
About 30 minutes later, Minho and my boys emerged through the front door and ran into the living room where I was sitting. 
 
"Umma!" Screamed Taemin. "We had so much fun! Minho took us to an arcade!"
 
Jongin joined, "Then he bought me a new soccer ball. See?!" 
 
He shoved his new soccer ball in my face and I couldn't help but smile. "That's nice sweetie. I'm glad you guys had fun. How about you two go play with it upstairs in the playroom, but don't play like you're outside. I don't need another broken vase. Got it?"
 
They both nodded before scurrying off upstairs. 
 
Minho sat next to me before kissing my cheek. "How was it?"
 
I sighed. "Well, I didn't hit her. That's a good sign."
 
He chuckled. "Yeah. We don't need you going to jail as well. What all happened?"
 
"First she tried to act like she didn't know what I was talking about. It was really pissing me off. Even after I revealed to her that I knew everything, she still tried to play dumb. Eventually, she came out with the truth and said she needed the money."
 
"If she needed money, she could've asked."
 
"Same thing I said. Anyway, she apologized. I didn't give to s though. I told her I didn't want to see her again and that's the end of that."
 
He shook his head slowly. "That's a shame. She was such a good friend to the both of us. Hell, she even got us together. It really that she would do something like that."
 
"I know. It's bad enough that I already have trust issues. Now, I don't know who to trust."
 
Minho sighed before grabbing my hands and looking at me. "Key, I hope you know that I would never do anything like that to you. You're so precious to me. I would hate to be the cause of your hurt. I'll admit. Yes, what Nicole did was ed up. It's still hard for me to believe it, but please trust me. I'm here to protect you, not hurt you. Ok?"
 
I smiled slightly. "Ok."
 
"So what else is going on?"
 
"Well, Jonghyun's going to jail soon. Like really soon. My lawyer called and said Jonghyun requested to see the boys and I the day that he goes away. He wants us to be the last people he sees before he goes away."
 
He nodded. "Mmm. I see."
 
I teased, "I promise there won't be any kisses this time. I just think it's a good idea for the boys to see their dad. I'm still not sure how long they'll go without seeing him."
 
"Do you think it'll be hard on them?"
 
"Maybe not at first because they probably wouldn't register it until they want to go to his house again. Then I would have to difficultly explain that he's gone. It's going to be so hard, Minho. You have no idea how attached they are to him."
 
".........You too."
 
My brows furrowed. "What?"
 
"You're attached to him too aren't you?" I remained silent because I didn't know exactly what to say. "Hey, it's ok. I understand now. Before, it was hard to because I selfishly wanted you to myself. But now I see it. Based on what you've told me, you guys started out as friends, then best friends, the boyfriends, then parents. You spent much of your youth with him. I'm not sure of exactly everything that happened, but I do know that you guys share something that I can't compare to."
 
I began to tear up as those memories came back. "Minho-"
 
"You were in love and when it fell apart, you thought you could fix it. You still do. No matter how much you try to move on from him, you're constantly reminded of him everyday because of your sons. You guys have a family together that you don't want to be broken apart. You've saved him so many times before to prevent that from happening. So I understand why this would be hard for you, Kibum. You still love him."
 
A single tear fell. "But I love you-"
 
"You don't have to explain. I know how much you love me, and I love you just the same. I also know you love Jonghyun on a deeper level than I could ever understand. I know it's not a romantic type of love, but more of a family. It's ok, Key."
 
As more tears released, I quietly said, "Thank you." It was everything I ever wanted to tell Minho, but didn't know how to explain. I've tried explaining it to him before, but never in this much detail. This is what makes me love Minho even more. He understands me. 
 
He wiped my tears as he continued. "I understand if you might not want me to show up when you take them to Jonghyun. It's a family event, so it should only be the three of you guys. I only ask for one thing though."
 
I sniffed. "What?"
 
"Please don't kiss him again. I don't have time to be whooping again."
 
I burst out laughing. "Don't worry. The most he'll be getting is a hug."
 
He smiled. "Fine by me." Then he leaned in and gave me a long sentimental kiss. 
 
I instantly became drawn in. Because of all the stress lately, me and Minho haven't been able to be as intimate with each other lately. It's something that I didn't notice I craved. 
 
I wrapped my arms around his neck as I climbed onto his lap to straddle him. He placed his hands on my waist as I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck to kiss him deeper. 
 
Soon enough, I began to grind slowly onto his crotch, creating a tingly sensation for me and him. His grip on my hips tightened as he forced my crotch hard onto his while I was grinding. 
 
I let out a moan in our kiss as he groaned. It didn't take long for me to become hard. 
 
He shifted and slowly pushed me down so that my back was to the couch. He hovered over me and claimed my lips as he slowly pulled up my shirt. 
 
Once my shirt was to my neck, he broke away from our kiss and flicked my with his tongue. My back instantly arched. He flicked it a few more times before placing his whole mouth on it to it. 
 
I laid my arms above my head as I moaned carelessly. My breath picked up as he continued to one while his hand played with the other. 
 
Right as things were getting interesting, I heard the sound of glass breaking upstairs. We stopped immediately, and I swear I felt a vein pop out of my head. 
 
Those boys. 
 
I whined before telling Minho, "We have to stop. Time for me to go in umma mode."
 
He groaned. "Aww man. I guess we can finish this later. Don't be too hard on them though."
 
I hopped up. "No promises." I slowly trudged up the stairs, giving my some time to die down. "Boys!"
 
"Taemin did it!"
 
"Jongin did it!" They said in unison. 
 
Once I got to the play room, I couldn't believe my eyes. There was shattered glass everywhere by the window. My eyes slowly trailed upward and landed on the window. There was no glass there anymore except for some sharp shards still attached. 
 
My eyes widened. "What the hell happened?!" They both tried to over talk each other and explain at the same time, blaming the other for what happened. "Stop. Now you guys have three seconds to tell me the truth before I take away all of your games for two weeks."
 
"Jongin wouldn't let me hold the ball!"
 
"He's lying, umma! He took it from me without asking. I only had it to myself for about one minute. It wasn't fair!"
 
"You're the one lying! Umma, he hogged the ball the whole time. He put the ball down, then I picked it up because he wasn't playing with it."
 
"No! You snatched it out of my hand!"
 
"Did not!"
 
"Did too!"
 
"Boys, stop it!" Then it went silent. "Just tell me how in the world the window became broken." Then they both looked down. "So you're not talking now?"
 
Taemin pouted as he said, "Well, we were tugging the ball back and forth in our hands because we wanted it."
 
Jongin continued, "Then somehow, the ball flew out of our hands.....and out the window."
 
I grimaced. "So Minho took his precious time to buy you that ball, and this is how you repay him?"
 
Jongin dragged, "I'm sorry, umma."
 
"And Taemin, Minho bought this ball for Jongin. And this is how you treat it?"
 
He stared at his feet as he repeated what Jongin said. "I'm sorry, umma."
 
"I'm not the one you guys should be apologizing to. Go downstairs and apologize to Minho. Now." 
 
They walked slowly out the door and downstairs as I followed them. Minho was looking at TV when his attention turned to us. 
 
"Minho, honey, the boys have something they would like to say to you.". 
 
Taemin went first. "We're sorry, Minho. We did something really bad."
 
Minho scrunched his brows. "Like what?"
 
Jongin sighed. "We lost the ball you gave me. I'm sorry."
 
Taemin continued. "We were arguing over who should have the ball. Then the ball flew out of our hands and out the window."
 
Minho raised his eyebrows. "What?"
 
"Please don't be mad," said Jongin. He and Taemin walked up to Minho and gave him the sweetest hug. 
 
"We're really sorry," said Taemin. 
 
I rolled my eyes because I knew Minho would fall for how cute they're being. I'm basically immune to it. Him, not so much. 
 
A smile crept on his face as he hugged them back. "It's ok, guys. Really." He pulled back to look at them. "Just be careful next time. Ok? The glass from the window could've really hurt you two. I don't want that to happen to you guys." They nodded. "Don't worry about the ball. I can get you another one easily."
 
I intervened. "Not so fast. They're not getting another one until they earn it. Now go upstairs and get ready for bed. You've lost your play-time privilege."
 
Taemin whined. "But it's still early, umma. I'm not even tired."
 
"Well you should've thought of that before. You can use the free time before dinner for some brotherly bonding. You know I don't like you two fighting."
 
They looked at each other before looking at me and saying in unison, "Sorry, umma."
 
"Mhmm. Now get upstairs and got washed." They walked slowly to the stairs. "A little faster." Then they headed upstairs. Once they were out of sight I looked at Minho who had a grin on his face. "What?"
 
"A little harsh aren't we?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "Oh, hush. You're such a pushover. You totally fell for their cute act."
 
"How could you not? They looked so sad and adorable at the same time!"
 
"That's the trick, Choi. Aigoo, you need to get used to it soon before they possess you. Anyway, I have to be tough on them sometimes, or they'll never acknowledge when they make a mistake." I sat next to him on the couch. 
 
"Yeah. You're right about that. I guess I still have some more to learn with this parenting thing."
 
I smiled and pecked his lips. "You're trying your best. That's all I can ask for."
 
"I feel as if I should be rewarded for my efforts. How about be pick up where we left off earlier?" He leaned in slowly. 
 
I cut him off with my hand. "Sorry, but I need to cover that window quickly before the room's filled with pigeons." He groaned as I stood up. I blew him a kiss. "Love ya!"
 
It's nice to have these moments despite all the drama that's going on in my life. 

Finally back after who knows how long. I hope you all enjoyed! Please leave comments ^.~