Re-Living The Past

My Perfect Stranger

jonghyun-gif.gif


"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get my kids. Why else would I be here?"
 
"Don't play with me. You know if you wanted to see them, all you had to do was call. Not show up uninvited. You're violating the restraining order and I can actually call the cops if I'd like."
 
"But you won't."
 
That caught me off guard. Before I could respond, our energetic boys ran to where we were. 
 
"APPA!!!" They both shouted. 
 
Jonghyun crouched down and hugged them both. "There goes my little boys!"
 
"We missed you, appa," Taemin said. 
 
Jonghyun smiled before ruffling his and Jongin's hair. "I missed you too, squirt. Are you ready to go?"
 
Jongin answered eagerly. "We're going with you?! Yay! We need to go pack, appa. Let's go, Taemin!" They ran upstairs to begin packing, sadly leaving me alone with Jonghyun. 
 
He stood up at looked at me. "What?," I asked. 
 
He chuckled. "It's just funny to me how you can just stand there and pretend like you don't still love me."
 
I rolled my eyes. "That was the past. I'm a different person now."
 
He smacked his teeth. "Sure you are."
 
"Shouldn't you be upstairs with the boys instead of hassling me?"
 
He slowly walked towards me. Every step he took, I stepped back. That was until my back pressed against the wall. He came up to me and trapped me with his hands placed on the wall. 
 
He whispered, "You can't resist me.....Bummie."
 
I looked down before whispering, "Jonghyun.....please..."
 
Flashback: 10 years ago 
 
"Jonghyun, stop!" I giggled as he tickled me on his bed. 
 
We settled down and he looked at me seriously. "I love you so much. You have no idea."
 
I smiled. "I love you too, psycho."
 
He chuckled. "Psycho? What makes me a psycho?"
 
"Hmmm. I don't know.... Maybe the fact that you got jealous of 7 year old just because I gave him my last blow pop at the park today."
 
"Now I know it sounds bad, but I could've sworn that kid was rubbing it in my face."
 
I burst out laughing. "You're delusional!"
 
He chuckled. "Whatever you say.....Bummie."
 
"Bummie? We're giving out nicknames now?"
 
"Let's just think of it as a symbol of our love. This name means you're mine and you belong to me. You're special to me and I would never want anyone to take you away from me. So call me crazy, but I love you, Bummie."
 
Hmmm. Bummie. I liked the sound of that name. Plus, the meaning behind it is so deep that I cant help but to blush. 
 
I grinned. "It may sound a bit possessive, but I like it. I'm yours and only yours."
 
"Forever and always."
 
He leaned in and kissed me passionately. That night, he took my ity and I grew to love him even more. That night had me thinking about the future."
 
Flashback end. 
 
"That name still means something to you, doesn't it, Bummie?"
 
I slowly looked up at him. "Stop calling me that. I'm no longer yours. That was 10 years ago before you became crazy!"
 
His face instantly turned sour. "If a man gets called crazy just because he wants to express his love to his boyfriend, then I guess I am crazy."
 
"Don't you dare try to make it seem less than what it really is. Jonghyun, you got me pregnant.....twice! The first time, you left me alone then magically popped back into my life. Not to mention, the second time you got me pregnant on purpose because you thought it would make me stay with you. That, in my world, is crazy! I've never met a man who would cut a whole in his to get his boyfriend pregnant!"
 
"But it worked didn't it?"
 
"I beg to differ. Your stupid plan didn't work obviously because we're not together, ."
 
"Ouch, Bummie. That's a little harsh considering you had to live with me and my parents for awhile because yours kicked you out."
 
"You didn't help me at all. Only your parents did. They're the ones that gave me money, not you. And living with you for that long, I had to leave."
 
"And you suffered the consequences didn't you?" I scoffed. "Bummie, you're still mine. No matter how many times you try to deny it. We were together for 5 years. We have two beautiful boys together and we have to see each other. So you could either keep denying it, or give in to it. Because the fact of the matter is, you're going to see me for a long time. I don't care if you say you don't love me anymore because I know that's a lie."
 
"No it's not-"
 
"What a shame. You're still denying. Aww well. I can show you better than I can tell you. I'm not letting anyone come between us. I don't care if you do start dating, which I advise you not to do if you don't want things to get ugly."
 
I was heated. "You can't run my life forever, Jonghyun! I'm my own person. And I swear if you keep messing with me, I'm calling the cops. I mean, you've already violated the restraining order I don't know how many times-"
 
His laugh cut me off. "You're so silly to think a piece of paper is going to keep me away from you. Have you forgotten that a restraining order is temporary? What are you going to do after that time is up? File another one? Ha! Good luck. There's no escaping it, Bummie. We're meant to be together."
 
At that moment, the boys came running in with their mini suitcases. It sickened me how quick Jonghyun could switch his emotions. His whole aura turned positive as he talked to the boys. 
 
"Hey guys! Are you ready?"
 
Jongin spoke first. "Of course, appa! How long are we staying?"
 
"As long as you two want to."
 
Taemin piped in. "Can we stay for two weeks, appa?! Pretty please?!!"
 
Jonghyun chuckled and looked at me. "It's up to your umma."
 
All eyes were on me. I faked a smiled. "A week and a half should be fine. Not two whole weeks."
 
The boys whined. "But why umma? Why not?"
 
I smiled sincerely and crouched to their level. "Because I'll miss you so much." I gave both of them a hug and kissed their cheeks. "Have fun, ok?"
 
They both nodded and walked to the Jonghyun. 
 
"How about you two start heading towards the car so I can talk to your umma?"
 
Oh great. Both of the boys headed out the door as Jonghyun walked towards me. 
 
"Don't come near me." He stopped in his tracks. 
 
"Like I said, you can't keep me away forever. One of these days, you'll come crawling back to me and I'll be standing with open arms. We can be one happy family again."
 
"I can never be happy with you, Jonghyun. We've tried twice already."
 
"Oh come on. You know you still love me."
 
I paused because I knew it was true. I did love him. Maybe not like I used to, but there was still something there. I sighed,  "Jonghyun, I will always have love for you. You're the father of my children, but I'm not in love with you anymore. You ruined that a long time ago."
 
He smirked. "Whatever you say. Just know this is not the last time you'll see me. Bye, Bummie," he said as he walked out the door and closed it. 
 
I quickly ran to the door and locked it. I slid down the door and tears began to run down my face. 
 
For awhile in my life, I thought things were getting good. I was making good income, my kids were being provided for, my bills were paid, and I even started dating. Most importantly, Jonghyun hadn't started any of his shenanigans again. 
 
I had a feeling it was too good to be true. He always knew how to ruin things for me. After such an amazing date with Minho, Jonghyun pops up and ruins everything. It really made me want to hate him. I wanted to hate everything about him. 
 
However, I knew I couldn't because somewhere within me, I still loved him. I can't hate someone who gave me the most important people in my life. My kids meant everything to me, and if they felt better by just seeing me and Jonghyun interact, I guess that's what I had to do. They at least deserve that much. 
 
I cried until I heard a knock at my door I got up slowly and opened it to see it was Nicole. Her excited face instantly turned to concern as she took in my appearance. 
 
"Key! What's wrong?" She came in and hugged me. I couldn't talk because more tears came out. 
 
She pulled away. "Was it Minho? I told that bastard you were sensitive! Don't worry, Key. I'm about to give him a piece of my mind," she stated as she pulled out her phone. 
 
I grabbed her hand and shook my head. I whispered, "He's back."
 
Her eyebrows raised before she gasped. "He?....you can't mean-"
 
I nodded before hugging her again and burying my head in her shoulder. "Yes..h-he's back! He j-just came unexpectedly and said I'm his. I'm so scared Nicole! I'm so scared! I don't want him to ruin my life again! I'm scared!" I broke down more as she rubbed my back to soothe me. 
 
"My lord, this is crazy! I don't know what to say, Key. I feel so sorry for you. I really do."
 
I pulled back and wiped my face. "No. You shouldn't feel sorry. I'm the one that feels sorry for you."
 
"Me? Why?"
 
I sniffed. "Because you took your time to set me and Minho up on a date. Now, that's a waste."
 
"Why is that?"
 
"Nicole! There's no way in hell I can date anyone with a crazy ex like Jonghyun! If Jonghyun knew about Minho, he would not only terrorize me, but Minho as well. I don't want anyone going down because of me."
 
Nicole disagreed. "Listen, Key. I know what you're saying. But, you shouldn't put your life on hold because of Jonghyun. That's not fair to you nor Minho. He's an amazing guy and really likes you, from what he told me after your date."
 
It went quiet as I smiled to myself. "He...he said he likes me?"
 
Nicole smiled as well. "Yes, Kibum. He told me it was the best date he's ever been on. You really made his night and he wants to see you again."
 
"Well, I really like him too. It's just....Jonghyun-"
 
"I don't want to hear about him anymore. Point, blank, period. That is not about to ruin my best friend's life. At least not while I'm around! Don't worry, Key. I'll help you with seeing Minho. That's not a problem. I just want to make sure you'll be as invested in this as he is."
 
I sighed deeply as I pondered. She was right. My life had been on hold for way too long. It was time for me to finally put my foot down and stop being afraid of Jonghyun. 
 
"I'm ready Nicole. I'm interested in seeing Minho."
 
She smiled excitedly. "Great! There's only one thing."
 
"What?"
 
"You need to tell him about your kids."
 
My eyes widened. "What?! Nicole, are you insane?! We're not even official. We're just interested in each other. Why would I tell him something so personal?"
 
"Because, Key, it might come up one day. You don't want him to think you're a liar now do you?"
 
She had a point. "I guess not, but that's still risky. What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore?"
 
"Key, I've known Minho for a long time. The news may shock him, but he's understanding. He won't make that determine where your relationship goes."
 
I looked down. "If you say so. I just really hope Jonghyun doesn't mess with him."
 
"Don't worry. He won't find out, and if he does, I got you."
 
"Thanks Nicole."
 
She smiled before saying, "Now I didn't come over to see you cry. How was the date?!"
 
We walked to the living room and sat down. I sighed dramatically. "Of course that's why you came over. The date was great. It was refreshing for me. I hadn't been out much lately. So I really enjoyed it."
 
"See~! I told you you'd like it. More importantly, like him. So what do you say? Future baby daddy type? Or...."
 
I looked at her and smacked my teeth. "I wouldn't know, Nicole. I don't plan to have with every guy I see. Also, marriage is not in my future so his option of being a baby daddy is off the list."
 
She shook her head. "Well I tried. Anyway, he's a really great guy. Plus, he's financially stable-"
 
"So am I and I don't need a man for that."
 
"Damn, Key! Don't get your in a bunch. I was just saying he's an ideal guy. Anyway, how do you feel about him overall?"
 
I looked forward as I talked. "Well, he's definitely my type. I love athletic guys. I could see his muscles through that nice suit he had on. Next, he was really handsome. He looked like he should be doing way more than playing soccer with that face. Maybe modeling or acting. He had a great personality. It was easy to talk to him."
 
"See~! A perfect 10! Which means you two should be official now. You're welcome!"
 
I looked to her with dead eyes. "It's only been one date Nicole. Anything can change after that."
 
At that moment, my phone rang. I looked to see it was Minho. Nicole looked too and said," Ooooh! Calling after that first day? Go ahead and talk to your man!"
 
I rolled my eyes as I answered the phone. "Hello?"
 
"Hello? Hey, Key. Sorry I'm calling so soon after our first date, but you forgot your wallet in my car. Do you want me to bring it over?"
 
I smiled as I spoke to him. "Sure, that's fine. I'll be here....waiting."
 
He chuckled. "Ok. I should be there in about 8 minutes."
 
"Ok. Bye."
 
"Bye."
 
After I hung up the phone, Nicole piped in. "Soooo, what did he say?! Is he coming over for a second hot date?!"
 
"I forgot my wallet in his car. He coming to bring it over."
 
Her eyebrow raised in interest. "Oh, really? Well I guess I better leave now."
 
"Why?"
 
"So you two can have your alone time, duh. I would ruin the moment if I was here."
 
"What moment? He's just bringing over my wallet."
 
She sighed pitifully. "Ah, my poor Key. You've definitely been out of the dating world for too long. Anyway, I'll catch you later. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." 
 
"Wow. That really narrows it down," I said sarcastically as she walked out the door and closed it. 
 
After awhile of waiting, Minho finally came over. I fixed my hair in the mirror near the door before I opened the door. 
 
I smiled as Minho's appearance blessed my eyes. He looked as handsome as he did on our date. I guess he went home first when he noticed my wallet was in his car because he stood in front of me with sweatpants and a sweat shirt. His natural state looked so y. 
 
He held up my wallet. "I believe this is yours," he said as he handed it to me. 
 
I took it and said, "Why, thank you."
 
He nodded. "Are you here alone?"
 
"Well now I'm not since you're here." I cringed on the inside. I was.....flirting?
 
He chuckled. "Is that an invitation to come inside?"
 
I looked around and shrugged before saying, "Sure."
 
We walked to the living room and sat down. Minho initiated the conversation. 
 
"So do you really live alone?"
 
"Well, not really. My s.....family members stay here. The ones you saw on my lock screen." Woo, that was close. 
 
"Oh! The adorable little boys? Where are they now?"
 
"They're with their dad. I keep them because he's unstable at the moment."
 
"Ha, sounds like that crazy ex you were talking about."
 
I laughed nervously because it was the truth. "Yeah, I know right." It was hard for me to tell him I had children because I wasn't comfortable, especially after such an amazing date. Maybe another time. 
 
Minho brought me out if my thoughts. "So I was thinking we could meet again for our second date. I mean, I know we just had our first one, but I'd like to get to know you better. You're quite mysterious."
 
I smirked. "Mysterious? There isn't much to find out. Where would you like to go?"
 
"Hmmm. Do you know how to play soccer?"
 
I shook my head. "No. I'm not the athletic type."
 
"Well, I can teach you. You can come to the stadium some time. That's where my team usually practices."
 
"The stadium? You mean the largest stadium in South Korea? I've never been in there before! I bet it's big."
 
"It's huge! I can show you around too."
 
"Great! I'd love to go. I just bought some athletic shoes the other week. I finally have an excuse to where them."
 
He chuckled. "You sure are a fashionista. I hope you know those sneakers are going to get dirty."
 
"Oh great. Anyway, I'd love to go."
 
"Awesome! When is a day that you'll be free?"
 
Good question. Well, since the boys are gone, I don't have to worry about them. But I have clients this week, except for Sunday. But that's supposed to be my rest day! Ugh, the things I do.....
 
"We can meet Sunday. I'm off that whole day."
 
"Ok, Sunday it is then. That's about 6 days from now."
 
"Can you survive that long without me," I flirted. 
 
"Oh, it'll be agonizing," he dramatized by placing a hand over his heart. "Well, it's getting late, so I'll be going now."
 
I stood up and walked him to the door. "Thanks for the date tonight. I really enjoyed it. And thanks for bringing my wallet back."
 
"No problem. I'm looking forward to our date. Don't bring the wrong type of clothes. Remember, athletic wear."
 
"Ok, Dad," I teased. "See you later."
 
He waved goodbye and was out the door. I headed upstairs to finally take a shower. When I got out, I hopped in bed and checked my phone for emails, messages, and updates. 
 
As I was about to go to sleep. I received a text message. I looked and I saw it was from Jonghyun. 
 
       To: MyBummie, From:Jonghyun- remember, I'm always watching you. You'll forever be mine. 
 
I scoffed. "In your dreams."
 
       To: Jonghyun, From: MyBummie- Just take care of my kids. Kiss them goodnight for me. Bye. 
 
I set my phone down on my night stand and tried my best to go to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day full of makeup and wardrobe.  

Woo! Sorry it took awhile. College work on top of high school is really kicking my . Anyway, please leave and comment and subscribe. ^.~