The Next Chapter

My Perfect Stranger


After our loving moment, we got in the car and headed to a restaurant to celebrate. There was no way we could carry on like it was another ordinary day. After ordering our meals, me and Minho discussed how and when to tell our family members and friends. 

"Do you think we should go to Seoul and tell them or invite them to our house," asked Minho. 

"Well, most of my family and friends are in Seoul or either lives in a town close to Seoul. Your teammates and coach lives in Seoul. Your family lives out of town, but they're closer to Seoul than our new home. So what do you think?" I joked. 

"To Seoul it is! So when you do want to tell them? Today? Tonight?"

"Wow, that's very soon. I was thinking next week or something."

"Baby, why wait so long? It's already Friday so we can take the boys to Seoul over the weekend right when they get out of school. It's perfect."

I nodded. "Yeah. That makes sense, but you also have to think about getting everyone together. It's sort of last minute."

"It's still the morning. If we tell everyone in advanced, they should be ready by tonight. For those who can't make it, we can still tell them at a later date."

"Where would we go? Should we have everyone gather at my parents' house?"

"Yeah, that would be great. Your parents have a lot of room in their house. Plus, I'm sure they'd want to see Taemin and Jongin."

"Yeah, you're right. I know my mom wouldn't mind. My dad, however, hates for there to be a lot of people at his house. He'll just have to put up with it though because they're our only option. I mean, we could go to Jonghyun's parents' house, but I know it'll be awkward."

"Are you going to invite his parents to your parents' house?

"Oh, of course since they are the boys' grandparents."

"What if they try to invite Jonghyun?"

I sighed. "Well, he's on tour right now, so I don't think that'll be a problem. I mean, I know for sure the boys will ask to see their appa so if his parents invite him and he ends up coming, then we'll have no choice but to put up with it. But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to come. Anyway, I'm sure he wouldn't do anything harsh. He hasn't so far."

"Yeah, I'm thankful for that. Well if he comes, I'm still keeping an eye on him."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course. Anyway, we should start calling and texting people to see if they're free for tonight."

"First, you need to call your parents to see if it's ok that we stay there for the weekend and host a party."

"Why can't you call them? You're like dad's best friend."

"But you're his son."

"But he likes you more than me," I whined. 

He burst out laughing. "Stop trying to avoid your duty. Call your father." Then the waitress brought over our food. 

After she left, I sighed dramatically and called my dad. He picked up soon after a couple of rings. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, appa!"

"Hey, Kibum. How's it going over there?"

"Things are great. Never been better." Minho motioned for me to move on with the convo. I shot a bird at him causing him to hold back a laugh. "Anyway, appa, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Well me and Minho are thinking about bringing the boys up there later on today to see you and umma. Would it be ok to stay at your place for the weekend?"

"Of course! I haven't seen my grandsons in awhile. And you guys are always welcome here."

"Thanks, appa. I also have another question. Me and Minho are planning on making an announcement to our friends and family, but we need a place to have a gathering. We don't want to go to a restaurant or anything because we want a place that would feel like home and-"

"Kibum, get to the point."

I grunted. "Ok, can we host a party at your house tonight?"

"KIBUM-"

"I swear it won't be crazy! I'm not trying to have a wild party or anything. It's just a gathering like I said earlier. Minho and I have an announcement to make. You and umma have a big enough house to host the get-together. Please, appa?"

I heard him sigh. "You know I don't like a lot of people in my house."

"I know. It's just for one night though, I promise. I'll clean up any mess that is made. I'll even pay you! I just really want to make this announcement at your house."

"Ok, Kibum. There will be no need to pay me. I want my house spotless before you leave or your is grass."

I chuckled. "Neh, appa."

"This better be some major announcement," he said grumpily. "Who's all coming anyway?"

"Family, friends, and even Minho's teammates."

"Wait. My favorite soccer team will be here? Kibum, that's all you had to say! Maybe I can get them to sign some jerseys for me. This is great!"

I rolled my eyes. Of course when he gets some sort of benefit out of it he's on board. 

"I'm guessing that's a yes."

"Should we buy or cook any food?"

"You can buy some chips and soda. When I get there, I'll help umma cook and I'll ask others to bring snacks if they can."

"Great. I can't wait to see you guys."

"Thanks, appa. See you soon. Bye."
Then we hung up. 

"So, what did he say?"

"Yes, as long as your teammates sign some jerseys." That was pretty much the basis of it. 

He chuckled. "I swear your dad is obsessed with me and my team."

"Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Anyway, we should start inviting people now. I'm about to send out a large group text to my friends and a few family members so the word can spread quicker."

He nodded. "I'll do the same."

After sending the message to everyone we wanted to tell the news to, Minho and I decided to put our phones away and focus on each other. 

He reached over a grabbed my hand. "I still can't believe I got you pregnant. There is actually a little human growing inside of you. Ah, I love you so much."

I blushed as he lightly rubbed his thumb across my hand. "I love you too. I honestly wasn't expecting to get pregnant so soon. I mean, we've been having unprotected ever since the honeymoon, but I didn't want to psych myself out with pregnancy tests. I guess when I started noticing symptoms, I knew then that I was pregnant. I can't be any happier, Minho." I smiled his way. "I must warn you though..."

"Warn me about what?"

"When I'm pregnant, I can be a major at times," I said sheepishly. 

He chuckled. "Nothing I'm too unfamiliar with."

I smacked my lips and pretended to be offended. "Yah! What is that supposed to mean? I'm nice to you."

He brought my hand to his lip and kissed it. "I know, I know. But really, I'm here for you, Key. I don't care how y you may become. I'm sure it's all a part of the pregnancy. It's my job to be able to take care of you. As long as the baby comes out healthy, that's all that matters."

We continued to eat and talk about how excited we were to be having a baby. I was excited mainly because I get to have a do-over. Both times I've been pregnant, they were under stressful situations. The first time, I felt so stressed out and abandoned. The second time, I was kicked out of the house. I was too young and reckless during those days. 

Now, I'm married with a steady job. I'm happy with my life and my kids are being provided for. This baby couldn't have came at a better time. 

We went home and spent the rest of our time cuddled in bed watching Netflix. Minho was being so gentle, and a little obsessive if you ask me, but I really appreciated it. 

Hours later, we were on the road to my parents' house with the boys in the backseats. They were still confused to say the least. 

"Umma," said Taemin, "Can you tell us where we're going now?"

I answered excitedly, "We're staying with grandma and grandpa for the weekend."

Smiles instantly spread onto their faces. Jongin exclaimed, "Really?! We haven't been there in forever. I miss grandma and grandpa."

"They miss you too, sweetie. That's why I thought it would be nice to have a little visit."

Minho chimed, "And we also have a surprise we want to wait to tell the whole family."

"A surprise?" Asked Taemin. "Can you tell me and Jongin? We promise not to tell."

I answered, "It's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see."

He groaned. "Dad, can you tell us please?"

I didn't miss the sly smile that made its way onto Minho's face upon hearing Taemin say dad. It's something that always seemed to brighten his mood when either one of the boys naturally called him dad. 

He chuckled. "Are you trying to get me in trouble?"

Jongin answered for him, "No. We just really want to know. You can't tell us we have a surprise then don't tell us about it until we reach grandma and grandpa's house. It's just not right!"

Minho burst out laughing. "Trust me. It'll be worth the wait," he said as he gently grabbed my hand. 

It's an hour and a half drive to my parents' house that I hoped would pass by quickly. Throughout the drive, I found myself unconsciously touching my barely noticeable baby bump. Honestly, it didn't look much like a bump at all, but it made me happy to know that there was life inside of me. It made me that much more anxious to get to Seoul. 

I drifted off to sleep some time during the drive. When I woke up, we were pulling into my parents' yard. It was a couple hours before I told everyone to arrive, so I had some time to spend with my parents, kids, and husband. 

My dad and mom walked out of the house with joy as we all got out of the car. While they were occupied with the children, Minho and I went to the trunk of the car to get the bags. As I was about to grab my own, he stopped me. 

"It's ok. I got it," he said as he lifted my bag out of the trunk. 

I smirked. "Minho, I'm pregnant. Not dying with some sickly disease. I'm pretty sure I can handle carrying my own bag."

"But too much manual work isn't good for the baby. We need to be as cautious as possible. I know I may seem crazy, but I'm just trying to be safe."

I didn't have time to argue back as my mom swiftly approached me. We gave each other a warming hug as we told each other how much we missed each other. 

She pulled away and ran her hands across my cheeks. "You still look as beautiful as ever. Wow, you look like you're glowing as well. More than before."

I decided to quickly make up an excuse before she figured things out on the stop. "It's a new face cream I'm using. It's supposed to give a natural glow. You like it?"

"I love it! Maybe I can use some to look more youthful," she joked. 

"Umma, you're gorgeous. You don't need anything on your face." My mom went to talk to Minho as my dad walked up to me. 

"Kibum!" He quickly engulfed me into a hug. 

I smiled and hugged back tighter. "Hey, appa. I missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, son." He pulled back and looked at me. "How long has it been?"

"Really, it's only been a couple of months, but I guess a couple of months feels like years when we live in two different cities."

He nodded. "You're right. I'm glad to finally see my grandkids again. And Minho!" He moved to Minho and gave him a firm handshake and a hug. "You've been taking good care of my son, right?"

He nodded. "Yes, sir. Of course. Kibum is always my first priority." He said as he wrapped a protective arm around my waste causing me to blush. 

I joked, "Yeah. He won't even let me carry my own bags. What a gentleman." We all burst out laughing and started heading into the house. 

As people started arriving hours later, my stomach started to feel as if it was in knots, and this time it wasn't because of the baby. I guess I wasn't expecting so many people to actually make it. Even my grandma from Daegu came. I hadn't seen her in awhile, so it was nice to see her excited face walk through the door. 

I happily greeted all of the guests, including friends, family, and Minho's teammates and coach, pretending that the hugs I received didn't brush upon my belly where my baby is forming. The house was quickly filling and my dad's frown was rapidly forming. I'm just happy that he didn't complain about anything openly. 

Time was winding down and my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I didn't know why I was so nervous. I was just ready to get it over with. 

After giving everyone enough time to get there, I gathered everyone in my parents' spacious living room so everyone could have room. Minho and I stood in front of everyone. He placed a supportive hand on my lower back as I inhaled and exhaled deeply. Though I was nervous and slightly scared, I was quite excited to get the news out. 

"Ok, Kibum," said my dad, "What's the big announcement that caused my living area to turn into a circus?" My mom smacked his shoulder playfully causing a few giggles. 

I cleared my throat. "Well, first, I would like to thank everyone for showing up tonight. I know it was such short notice, but you guys were still able to take the time out of your day to come here. Thank you so much."

Minho said, "It means so much to us because we wanted to be around family and close friends when we tell the good news."

Minho's mom giggled, "This makes me even more excited to hear it. Did you hit the lotto?!"

We all chuckled before I answered, smiling lovingly at Minho, "In a way."

Jongin commented excitedly, "Just tell us now umma! The suspense is killing us!" The other guests nodded in agreement. 

I smiled again and grabbed Minho's hand. "Well Taemin and Jongin, I have some news for you two. You're both going to be big brothers." I heard a few people gasp. I clarified in case some people missed it, "I'm pregnant!"

There were squeals, hoots, and hollers as soon as those words left my lips. Minho and I were instantly bombarded with hugs and congrats. I had no idea who I was thanking, but I was so ecstatic that everyone received the news well. 

My dad was the first to hug me. "Oh, my son! This is great news! I'm so happy for you."

"I knew it," said my mom. "I knew it was something different about you when you first arrived. See? Mothers always know." I grinned and gave her a big hug. 

"Kibum!" I turned and saw Jokwon and his husband making their way towards Minho and I. His husband shook Minho's hand in congrats while Jokwon pulled me into a bone crushing hug. 

"Not too tight. I'm pregnant, remember?"

He instantly pulled away. "I'm sorry. I'm just so happy for you! I would've shown up with gifts if I would've known what type of surprise this was." He squealed in excitement. 

I smiled."It's okay. I appreciate that you showed up."

He gently grabbed my hand and gave a sentimental smile. "You deserve everything that's happening, Key. I'm so proud of you, and as a friend, I'm here for you every step of the way."

I pouted playfully and hugged him again. "Yah, don't make me cry. Thanks again, Kwon."

"You're welcome." He turned to Minho. "And you better take good care of my friend," he looked at him pointedly. 

Minho playfully held up his hands in surrender. "I'm already a step ahead of you on that."

Then Mr. and Mrs. Choi came along. Minho looked proudly at Minho as his mom came to me. 

"Kibum, I can't believe it!" She brushed a hand upon my belly. "My little grandchild is in there. How do you feel?"

"Words can't even describe how happy I am. Me and Minho have been talking about a baby for awhile, but we didn't want to force it. We wanted things to fall into place. Thankfully, things finally did."

"You know, if you ever need help, I'm just a phone call away."

I hugged her. "Thank you so much."

Me and Minho hugged and thanked more people after that. His teammates and cousins were the most rowdy with their congrats. Of course his cousins had to be the erted ones congratulating Minho on his ability to get me pregnant. I rolled my eyes playfully listening to their conversation. 

Jinki begged us to make him a godparent, but honestly Minho and I haven't even had time to discuss things like that yet. I still played along and said I'd think about it. 

After everyone took their seats again, the boys came and hugged me and Minho. They're the ones whose opinions matter the most. 

"So what do you guys think?" I asked. "Are you ok with being big brothers?"

"Well, I'm technically already a big brother," Taemin said matter-of-factly causing Jongin to scoff as others giggled at how cute the boys were. 

"Let me rephrase it then. Are you two ok with having another sibling?"

"Yes!" They both said together. 

Minho and I clung to them, happy that they didn't have a problem with having another sibling. I mean, there's not much I could do about it now if they did, but it's nice to know that they were open to have another brother or sister. 

Minho cleared his throat. "Again, thank you all so much for coming. The love and support you all have shown for us has been nothing but strength for us. We are so blessed and fortunate to have a family and friends like you guys." Everyone awed at his sentimental speech. "And I'm so happy to carry on my life with this beautiful man beside me," he playfully nudged me before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and kissing me. 

Of course he cousins went to hollering and clapping over the passionate kiss Minho gave me in front of everyone. 

I pulled away blushing. "Honey, the kids," I said using any excuse to scold him for that very public display of affection.

He just smiled and pecked my lips. The rest of the night was spent with us talking and playing games. It was nice to just enjoy the company of those who loved me while celebrating my pregnancy. 

As we ended our night with a late night movie, I snuggled into Taemin and Jongin as they were sleeping next to me. Minho was on the other side, holding and sleeping Jongin to his chest. He glanced at me and smiled. Mostly everyone was asleep at this time, but we stayed up silently talking and sharing loving glances. 

I whispered, "I love you so much, Minho. Thank you for being here for me."

He smirked and kissed me over my sleeping boys. "I love you too. More than you can even imagine. I'm ready to continue this next chapter of my life with you. I will always be here for you. Remember that."

Minho adjusted the blanket over us before sharing another sweet kiss. As I dosed off that night, I thought about how lucky and fortunate I was to find someone like Minho. He taught me how to love again, he showed me that it's ok to be dependent on someone, and he made me appreciate family even more than I already do. 

Who knew that meeting a stranger on a blind date would lead to a lifetime of happiness? Thank you so much, Minho. 

Thank you. 


 

It's finally completed! It feels so weird checking the complete box for this story. I've grown so attached to it and the characters I've created. Thank you all for sticking with me this far. For those who may not know, I plan to make a sequel to this story! I'm not sure about all of the events in it, but I know for sure it will be based around Key's pregnancy. 

So please stay tuned! ^.~