Party Time (Pt.1)

My Perfect Stranger

minho animated GIF


2 weeks later. 
 
I snuck into my sons' room around six in the morning. They looked so cute sleeping in their separate beds. Ah, too bad I'll have to end it. 
 
I banged the pot I had in my hand with a spatula as I screamed, "Wake up, Kim Jongin! It's your birthday!!! WOOHOO!!!"
 
He groaned before saying, "Ugh, five more minutes."
 
I put the pot down before pulling out the silly string. Taemin secretly pulled his from under his covers and we both sprayed Jongin with it. 
 
Jongin laughed and covered his face. "Haha! Why does it seem like you guys are more excited about this than I am?"
 
I sat on his bed while helping him get some specks of silly string out of his hair. "You should be excited. This is the day all of your family and friends will be here for you."
 
"Will Taemin's friends be there too? I don't like them very much."
 
I heard taemin smack his lips. "Why not?"
 
"Because when you made fun of me for failing math, they made fun of me too. You're my brother, so I have to like you, but I don't have to like them."
 
I piped in before this could get ugly. "Jongin, just don't worry about it. They'll be there, but I'm sure Taemin won't let them mess with you on your birthday." I sent Taemin a glare. "Speaking of guests, I wanted to ask you something, Jongin."
 
"Neh, umma?"
 
"How would you feel about Minho coming to your party?"
 
His eyes widened. "I would love it! Me and Taemin could finally get to meet him!"
 
I chuckled. "So it's ok if he comes?"
 
Taemin interjected, "Of course! I want to meet him, umma!"
 
"Ok, ok. One thing first. When you see daddy at the party, don't bring up Minho. Ok?"
 
"Why?" Taemin asked. "Will appa be mad?"
 
"Umm....well, he just wouldn't be comfortable. You don't want your daddy feeling uncomfortable, now would you?" They both eagerly shook their heads. 
 
"Our lips are seal!" Said Jongin. 
 
I smiled proudly. "That's my boys. Now get up and get ready."
 
Jongin whined, "But umma, it's so early. I mean, it's my birthday. Shouldn't I get the special treatment?"
 
"No buts, Mr. I have errands to run and I don't want you two here alone. Grandma's on the way to get you guys. She'll bring you back when the party is ready."
 
As they got ready for the day, I stepped in my bedroom and called Minho. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hey, Minho. I asked Jongin about you coming to the party."
 
"Oh? What did he say?"
 
"He and Taemin were beyond excited. They've really grown to like you from the things I've told them."
 
He chuckled. "So you've been bragging about me?" 
 
I grinned. "Maybe."
 
"I'm a bit nervous."
 
I scrunched my eyebrows. "Why?"
 
"Because today, I'm meeting your son, family, and friends. This is a big day."
 
"Awww, you have nothing to worry about, honey." I froze. 
 
"What was that?"
 
"Uh.....nothing."
 
"Nooo, it was something. I'm pretty sure I heard you call me honey."
 
"I don't know what you're talking about," I sang. 
 
"Kibum...."
 
I groaned, "Ugh, ok I said it!"
 
He laughed. "What's so wrong about it?"
 
"What's wrong is we've only been dating a couple of weeks and you're already meeting my family and friends. Plus I just called you a lovey dovey name! We're moving kind of fast, don't you think?"
 
"If we are, I don't have a problem with it."
 
I raised an eyebrow. "Really?"
 
"Really. I haven't felt love in awhile, Key, until I met you. I don't care how fast or slow it's going as long as you're here."
 
I huge grin spread across my face. "It's too early for romance."
 
He chuckled. "I wish I could show you off at the party. If it wasn't for Jonghyun, I definitely would."
 
At the mention of that name, my whole mood went down. "I almost forgot he was coming."
 
"Listen, don't worry about it. I'll try to avoid him as best as I can. I just don't want you stressing out."
 
"I'll try not to. Are you still coming over to help with the set up?"
 
"Yeah. I'll be there around 8. Is anyone else helping?"
 
"Yeah. Nicole, her sister, and my parents."
 
"Your parents?"
 
"Yep. I guess it'll be our first step in the right direction. Plus, it'll give you a chance to meet them without having to worry about Jonghyun."
 
"Sounds perfect. I can't wait to see you."
 
I blushed as my heart fluttered. "I can't wait to see you too. Get here fast, ok?"
 
He chuckled. "Ok. Bye, Key."
 
"Bye."
 
I bit my lip as we hung up the phone. Seeing Minho will be the highlight of my day, besides seeing the happiness on my kids' faces. I really hope everything goes well. I don't have time for Jonghyun's shenanigans. 
 
Jonghyun's mom picked up the boys and promised to have them back in time for the party. The party starts at 2, so that gives me 8 hours to prepare for everything. 
 
On my way out the house, my phone rang. It was none other than Kim Jonghyun. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hey, Bummie."
 
I closed my eyes to calm down. "Jonghyun-"
 
"Yeah, yeah. I know. Don't call you that. Anyway, where's Jongin? I want to tell him happy birthday."
 
"He's with your mom until the party starts. You can call her to talk to Jongin."
 
"What time does the party start again?"
 
"It starts around 2, but it's best to come around 2:30."
 
"Alright. I can't wait to see the boys. See you then."
 
"Ok. Bye."
 
It felt nice to finally have a normal conversation with him. If he acted like this everyday, wouldn't life be lovely?
 
I drove around the city for about and hour getting different supplies I needed for the party. 
 
By the time I got back home, I was exhausted. I groaned internally because I knew that this was only the beginning. I had awhile until the party. Thankfully, Minho, Nicole, and her sister showed up a couple minutes after I got home. 
 
"Thanks for the help, guys," I said as I hugged the three of them when they came in. 
 
I hugged Minho last and he surprised me with a sweet peck on the lips. 
 
"Awww," said Nicole. "You guys are so cute, it's sick. You can thank me though."
 
I rolled my eyes. "I'll remember to include that in my will."
 
"Haha, whatever. What do you want us to get started on?"
 
"Oh I need for you and your sister to hang up these party decorations outside. I have it mapped out on paper you can use as a guideline. Minho, I need you to help me with decorating the inside. My parents will handle food when they get here."
 
"Ok," Nicole answered. "Is that all?"
 
"It should be. Thank again for helping me. You guys are life savers."
 
"That's what best friends are made for."
 
We began working diligently for the party. Minho and I set up the eating area, party favors area, the gift area, and the gaming area. I was really tired since I woke up early, but I didn't complain because I knew that smile on Jongin's face would be worth it in the end. 
 
As I worked on the party favors, I was surprised by Minho's arms being wrapped around my waist. My heart rate sped up at our skinship. 
 
"You look so cute when you're focused."
 
I chuckled and put the candy I had in my hands on the table. "Stop~, you're making me blush." I turned around in his arms so that I was facing him. 
 
He put his face in my neck as he continued. "This may be the only time today that I can be affectionate." He nuzzled my neck. 
 
"Mmm, stop. That turns me on."
 
He chuckled. At that moment, the front door opened and we instantly pulled apart at the sound of my parents' voices. 
 
Minho stood respectively behind me as my parents came into the living room. 
 
"Hey, umma and appa." I hugged the both of them at the same time. 
 
"Kibummie," said my mom, "you look tired. Are you taking your vitamins?"
 
I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm fine, umma. I'm just a little drained from planning the party."
 
My dad spoke up. "Well, me and your umma are here to help with anything you need." He glanced over my shoulder and I knew he noticed Minho. "You must be-"
 
Minho bowed as he spoke, "Choi Minho, sir. Nice to meet you." He held his hand out. 
 
My dad shook it before continuing. "What are your intentions with my son?" He asked coldly. 
 
I looked at my dad with confusion. He winked at me, signaling that he was just testing Minho. This should be fun. 
 
Minho seemed a little flustered. "Uh...my intentions are good, sir."
 
My dad narrowed his eyes. "Do you think calling me sir will make me like you more?"
 
"Uh, no sir-...uh... I mean..." He sighed and I snickered silently. "What I'm trying to say is, your son is very special to me. I plan on being with him for a very long time. I know the only way for that to happen is to have the family's blessing. I want to show my utmost respect and gratitude towards the two of you for bringing someone as special as Kibum into this world."
 
I smiled to myself at what Minho said. That was very sweet of him. 
 
My dad gave him an intense stare for a few seconds before smiling. "Welcome to the family."
 
Minho looked confused. "No offense, sir, but I'm confused."
 
"I was just teasing you! Y'know, testing you out. Lucky for you, you passed with flying colors. Plus, how can I be mean to one of my favorite soccer players?"
 
Minho smiled with gratitude. "You like my team?"
 
I rolled my eyes. "Like is an understatement. Appa, is obsessed with soccer. Your team is his favorite."
 
"That's true. When I heard Key was dating you, I almost died from excitement!"
 
Minho chuckled. "Thanks a lot, sir."
 
"No, thank you. It's not everyday that I can meet a celebrity."
 
"Well, I'm not really a celebrity. I just play on a popular team in my opinion."
 
My dad chuckled. "Oh, you're too modest."
 
I cleared my throat. "Um, sorry to interrupt appa, but the party is right around the corner and I need you guys to work on food as soon as possible."
 
"Ok, ok." My dad said as he put his hands up in surrender.
 
My parents went off to the kitchen to prepare the food. I walked to Minho and hugged him. 
 
"Good job. You survived the test. Thanks for saying all of that sweet stuff about me."
 
He tightened our embrace. "Who says I was telling the truth?"
 
I pulled away quickly to look at his face before I slapped his chest. "Stop~!"
 
He chuckled. "I'm just joking, Key. I meant every word of what I said. You are special to me, and I'm looking forward to having a life with you."
 
I blushed as I hid my face in Minho's chest. "Thanks."
 
We went back to setting up for the party. Everything was coming together. I really appreciated all of the help I received. 
 
About an hour before the party started, the boys showed up with their grandma. They ran inside with excitement when they saw my parents. 
 
"Nana! Papa!" 
 
My mom hugged Taemin while my dad picked up Jongin. "Hey, birthday boy! How excited are you to be turning 10?!"
 
"Very excited! Now me and Taemin can be the same age until his birthday!"
 
My dad chuckled. "Glad to hear, squirt."
 
"They're so cute," Minho whispered as he watched from afar. 
 
Jongin and taemin turned their attention to me. "Umma!" They hugged my waist. 
 
"Hey, babies."
 
Jongin's head turn to Minho, who was standing next to me, before he gasped with excitement. "Omg! Choi Minho is here! AHHH! You're like my favorite soccer player! I have a poster of you in my room! Umma, how do you know him?"
 
I chuckled. "Well, sweetie. This is the Minho I was talking about. This is the guy I'm dating."
 
Jongin and Taemin's eyes widened out of surprise. Minho smiled politely before crouching down to both of their heights. 
 
"Happy birthday, Jongin. It's nice to meet the both of you."
 
"No way," said Taemin. "My friends will never believe this!"
 
"You're really dating my umma?" Asked Jongin. 
 
Minho nodded. "Yes. You have a very nice umma. I hope you haven't been giving him any trouble." They both shook their heads quickly. "That's good."
 
Taemin asked, "So are you going to be our new appa?"
 
My eyes widened before saying, "Now, don't be silly, boys."
 
Jongin interrupted. "We wouldn't mind if you are. Umma's very lonely at times. We think another guy besides our appa will make umma happy."
 
Taemin agreed. "Yeah! We worry about umma."
 
Minho smirked. "Well, I can promise you that your umma is in good hands. I take really good care of him, so you two shouldn't have much to worry about."
 
The boys took me and Minho by surprise when they both hugged him saying, "Thank you."
 
I decided to interrupt. "Ok, boys. The party will start soon. Go take a shower and change into your party clothes. I laid them out on your beds."
 
"Neh, umma!" They ran to their shared room. 
 
Minho stood up and smiled proudly. "Well, I think that went quite well."
 
I hugged him. "I'm happy things are falling into place. Now, all we need to do is try to survive this party without Jonghyun's crazy antics."
 
"Has he done anything today?"
 
"No. Surprisingly, he's been well-behaved today. I hope I don't jinx myself."
 
Minho kissed me forehead. "Just try not to think about it. Today is Jongin's day."
 
I smiled at him. "You're right."
 
Moments later, Nicole and her sister came in, signaling they were done. I excused myself upstairs to get ready for the party. When I came back downstairs, I froze in place. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This couldn't be happening. 
 
Why the hell is Minho talking to Jonghyun? They were smiling and nodding their heads at a joke that must have been told. 
 
Jonghyun glanced over and noticed me standing there. "Key!" He smiled excitedly before ushering me over. "Why didn't you tell me that The Choi Minho was showing up?! How do you two even know each other?!"
 
Minho was about to answer but I cut him off. "He's a friend of the family." Minho sent a confused look towards me. He must not know that the person he's speaking to is Jonghyun because he's never seen him before. 
 
"Oh? I wonder why I've never met him."
 
Minho answered. "Maybe it's because I'm always either practicing or traveling. How do you and Key know each other?" Oh great. 
 
Jonghyun smiled boastfully. "We have two beautiful children together. My name's Kim Jonghyun."
 
Minho's eyebrows lifted in realization. "Kim Jonghyun?"
 
"Yeah? What's wrong?"
 
"Oh.....nothing.... It's just, Key's told me about you."
 
Jonghyun looked over to me. "So you're bragging on me now, Bummie? I knew you still wanted me."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Please stop calling me that. Why are you here so early anyway?"
 
"I came to see if you needed some help."
 
"Everything's pretty much done."
 
I heard my dad's voice as he walked into the living room. "Hey, Ki-.... Oh, you're here..."
 
Jonghyun scoffed. "Nice to see you too old man."
 
"Why are you here anyway? To harass Kibum so more?"
 
Jonghyun smiled sarcastically. "As great as that sounds, no. Today is Jongin's birthday, and I am his father after all. Seeing Key today is just a plus."
 
My mom shooed my dad off to the kitchen before anything could get ugly. 
 
"Thank goodness the old man's gone. Now where at my beautiful kids?"
 
"They're upstairs. You should go say hey."
 
"I'll go do that." He gave Minho his attention. "It was nice meeting you Minho. Maybe I'll see you at the games."
 
Minho chuckled, "Maybe."
 
Jonghyun shook his hand which led to a bro hug. What threw me off was what Jonghyun said next. 
 
"Your cologne......it smells....spicy."
 
"Yeah. It's Old Spice. My team endorses them so we get free deodorant, body wash, and cologne. Why?"
 
Jonghyun shook his head slowly as he looked off into space. "Nothing. That smell is just really familiar."
 
My heart dropped. That's the smell Jonghyun smelled on me the day he went psycho on me. I really hope he doesn't remember that. 
 
Jonghyun walked to me and hugged me awkwardly. He paused before saying, "See you around." Then he headed upstairs.
 
Something tells me this party isn't going to be as peaceful as I thought
 
Oooh shoot! The guys met without even knowing they're enemies. Yikes! I wonder what's about to ensue. I hope you guys enjoyed. Please leave comments. ^.~