Holy Matrimony (Pt. 2)

My Perfect Stranger

  (I recommend M83 - Wait as the soundtrack for the first half of this chapter) 


This is it. There's no turning back now. 

The double doors slowly opened, revealing the beautiful scenery of the courtyard. A long white carpet highlighted the path that I would have to walk. Everyone's heads in the crowd turned around to see me as that familiar tune played. As I looked ahead, I saw my dad standing with a proud smile on his face waiting to walk me down the aisle. 

He smiled as I neared him and he returned it. "Are you ready?"

I took a deep breath before nodding, "As ready as I'll ever be." I hooked my arm around his arm and he slowly escorted my down the aisle. 

As I walked, I spotted many of my friends and family members, along with Minho's. Some sent encouraging smiles as I walked by while others were crying tears of joy. As I neared the front rows, I nearly burst into tears upon seeing my mom. She was bawling by this point with a huge smile on her face. I could tell that she was really happy for me. 

I continued to look around as I walked, soon spotting my two boys standing on the groom's side with excited grins on their faces. I could just tell that they wanted to explode any minute with joy, but they had to keep quiet during this part of the ceremony. I gave them a wink before landing my eyes upon him. 

Minho stood there looking so devilishly handsome in his suit and tie. My breath hitched as I got closer to him. I couldn't believe this was happening. After waiting for so long, the day was finally here that I could call Minho mine, forever. 

I heard sniffling on my side, turning to see that it was my dad trying to hold back a sob. I chuckled lightly because my mom was right. My dad would be bawling by the end of this. 

My dad halted our footsteps as we settled upon the alter. He symbolically handed me off to Minho before firmly shaking Minho's hand. Before my dad walked off, I pulled him into a hug, thanking him for all he's done for me. As I pulled away, I wiped away the tears that were pooling in his eyes with my thumb. He only smiled then continued to walk to his seat next to my mom. 

Then, I faced Minho, giving my husband-to-be my full attention. He grabbed onto my hands which caused my heart rate to pick up. The look he was giving me was so endearing and loving. It just melted my heart. 

He whispered so that only the two of us could hear, "You look so beautiful."

I blushed and smiled in acknowledgment before the minister decided to get things started. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of 
Choi Minho and Kim Kibum in holy matrimony. The most important thing in life is to love someone. The second most important thing is to have someone love you. The third most important thing is to have the first two happen at the same time.
That is what has happened to Minho and Kibum. They have fallen
in love and have come to make a public commitment of their love for
and loyalty to one another. To the future newly weds, your lives will change, your responsibilities will increase, but your joy will be multiplied if you are sincere and earnest with your pledge to one another."

I was already getting choked up. My dad knew what he was doing when he chose this minister. His words were one of true sincerity. It didn't feel like he was just telling us what we wanted to know. He was telling us what we needed to hear, and I'm glad he did. It made me that much more eager to spend my life with Minho.

"Who gives Kim Kibum away in holy matrimony to this man?"

My dad stood up, slyly trying to wipe away his tears. "I do," then he sat back down. 

The minister continued, "Can we have the rings?" 

Taemin and Jongin walked toward us with their cute little suits and a pillow in their hands that each held a box with a ring in it. 

We picked up our respective rings and the boys returned back to their original spot. 

"I've been told that the couple has prepared their own wedding vows. Minho, you may go first."

Minho cleared his throat and lightly squeezed my hand before saying his vows. 

"Kibum, as I stand here before you, my eyes looking so deeply into yours, I see all of the things I fell in love with. You are so breathtaking that sometimes, I find myself so lost for the right words to say. With every smile, every embrace, every day spent with you, I count my lucky stars. It makes me remember how blessed I really am, how I can't ever thank the Lord above enough, for allowing you into my life. It makes me remember every laugh we've ever shared, every hard time we made it through together, and every beautiful moment there is to come. Kibum, with this ring, I give you my heart, my soul. I promise to love you, protect you, be with you forever, and cherish every moment as if it were the last moment on earth. I'm promising to be here for you for all eternity, 'til death do us part.'" He raised my left hand and slipped the ring onto my ring finger. 

I could barely make out what was in front of me due to my tears blinding me. Those were some of the most beautiful things anyone had ever said to me. I couldn't help but release the waterworks. He had me crying before he was even halfway through. How was I ever going to be able to say my vows after something like that?

Minho swiped his thumbs underneath my eyes, making my vision a bit more clearer. He smiled at me with that same smile that always told me everything was going to be alright. 

"Thanks for those honest and endearing words Minho. Kibum, you may start whenever you're ready."

I sniffed before reaching into my suit, pulling out a folded piece of paper. "Sorry, I wasn't able to remember mine." The crowd chuckled lightheartedly as I struggled to unfold the paper with me shaking hands. 

"I decided to write a poem as my vow." 

Minho grabbed my free hand, urging me to continue. 

"I love you this much....

Enough to do anything for you, give my life, my love, my heart and my soul to you and for you.

Enought to want to protect you, care for you, guide you, hold you, comfort you, listen to you, and cry to you and with you.

Enough to be completely comfortable with you, act silly around you, never have to hide anything from you, and be myself with you.

I love you enough to share all of my sentiments, dreams, goals, fears, hopes, and worries, my entire life with you.

Enough to want the best for you, to wish for your success and to hope for the fulfilment of all of your endeavours.

Enough to keep my promises to you and pledge my loyalty and faithfullness to you.

I love you enough to fight for you, compromise for you and sacrifice myself for you if need be.

Enough to miss you incredibly when we are apart, no matter what length of time it's for and regardless of the distance.

Enough to believe in our relationship, to stand by it through the worst of times, to have faith in our strength as a couple, and to never ever give up on us.

Enough to spend the rest of my life with you, be there for you when you need or want me, and never ever want to leave you or live without you.

Minho, I love you this much." 

I raised his left hand and slipped the ring onto his ring finger. And with that, I released more tears, getting so wrapped up into my emotions. I was so sensitive, but only because I could feel so much love radiating between us. There was no doubt in my mind now that Minho was the one for me. His wide smile after hearing my vows made me cry even more. 

I heard some people in the crowd awing at us, proclaiming how cute and romantic we were. However, all of those thoughts soon left once the minister continued to orchestrate the ceremony. 

"May the couple who wears these rings live together in unity, love and happiness for the rest of their 
lives. By the power invested in me by the city of Seoul, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss."

Minho placed a soft hand on my cheek and slowly pulled me into a sweet soft kiss. There were applauds, hoots, and hollers from everyone including my little ones. 

When Minho and I pulled away with huge smiles on our faces, the minister concluded, "I am honored to present to you Mr. and Mr. Choi!"

With that, a celebration song was played and we were given a standing ovation as we walked down the aisle hand in hand. Minho was given random high fives while I made sure Taemin and Jongin walked ahead of us so they wouldn't get lost in the commotion. 

The guests transitioned into the upstairs reception area of the building while the boys, Minho, and I went into the room I had previously occupied. 

After shutting the door, I quickly ran into Minho's arms, giving him the tightest hug. 

"I'm so happy," I whispered into his ear. 

He pecked my cheek and pulled back to see my face. "So am l. Finally I can stop addressing you as my boyfriend, and now as my husband. I love you, Kibum."

My eyes watered, "I love you too. Gosh, I'm such an emotional wreck."

He pecked my lips lightly, "And you're allowed to be."

Just then, Taemin and Jongin ran and hugged Minho's legs in excitement. 

"Dad!"

Minho hugged then back, "Dad?"

Taemin clarified, "Umma said that's what we can call you. It means Appa in English. 

Jongin nodded, "We're happy you're finally our dad!"

Minho looked at them with so much love at that moment. "And I'm glad to be. We're officially a family."

I intervened, "Which means that I don't want you treating him like your friend anymore. He has the same authority that I have over you two. So whatever he say goes, ok?" They both nodded and giggled. "What's so funny?"

Jongin shrugged. "Minho's the cool dad so if we follow his rules, we'll still have fun!"

I pouted, "Hey~. You don't have fun with my rules? I'm a cool parent too."

Minho chuckled and patted my shoulder. "Let them be."

I sighed playfully, "This isn't over you two!" They laughed and ran off. 

Then the door opened revealing some of Minho's and my friends and family. The first person to run up to me was Woohyun. 

He grabbed me and spun me around before setting me down. "I can't believe you're married now, Key! Say it ain't so!"

I laughed at his dramatics, "But it is so. Thanks for coming by the way. It means a lot to me."

"You know I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world."

Then my dad came, playfully shoving Woohyun to the side before hugging me. Then I felt something on my neck. 

"Appa, are you crying again?" I expected him to lie as always, but he wasn't ashamed this time. 

"Of course I am! I just gave my only son away to someone else to take care of. Sometimes, it's so hard to accept that fact that you're all grown up."

"Aww, Appa. I had to grow up one day."

"I know, son. I just miss my little boy."

"I'll always be your little boy-- a bit taller and older, but I'm still your little boy on the inside."

Mr. and Mrs. Choi came up to us. Mrs. Choi hugged me while Mr. Choi shook my dad's hand before moving on to talk to his son. 

Minho's mom addressed me. "Oh, Kibum. I'm so ecstatic that you're officially a Choi. Our family needed a little excitement, and you're the perfect candidate. Welcome to the family," she ended with a smile. 

"Thank you so much. I promise I will look out for Minho and make sure he's out of harm's way."
She nodded and kissed my cheek then exited the room with her husband. 

Jinki came to us with the same precious smile he always adorned. He gave Minho's hand a shake and ended with a bro hug then gave me a hug as well. 

"Congrats you two! Minho, you're one lucky man. Anyone would be lucky to marry someone as great as Kibum," he said admiringly. 

I chuckled. "Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for showing up. It means a lot that you came."

"Anything for you," he said sheepishly. 

"You know, it's quite weird that you're hitting on my now husband in front of me," Minho joked. 

Jinki instantly became flustered. "I wasn't trying to! I would never want to disrespect you like that."

Minho chuckled. "I'm just joking man, though it's not hard to see your little crush you have on him."

He shrugged. "What can I say? But anyway, congrats on the wedding. I truly mean it. You guys are meant for each other."

I embraced him in a thankful hug, which I'm sure he appreciated. "Thanks, Jinki."

"I guess I'll head out now and make sure the team isn't out there making complete fools out of themselves."

With that, he left. Minho commented, "It's weird how he still has a crush on you."

"I think it's kind of sweet. He's really nice. I hope one day he finds someone to fall in love with and marry."

He smiled and hugged my side. "As long as it's not you."

The last person to come up to me was Jokwon. I quickly embraced him to show my gratitude. 

"Kwon, thank you so much for putting all of this together. This couldn't have happened without you."

"Well, you're welcome. Hon, you were so beautiful. I'm so happy for you."

Then, Minho joked, "No offense, but can I have my husband back? I'm missing him already."

Jokwon and I laughed at Minho's comment. "Well, excuse me sir. I'll let the happy couple be alone. Come on everyone. There are refreshments in the reception area." He ushered everyone out the room, promising to keep an eye out on the boys. 

Once they were all gone, Minho turned to me and grabbed my waist. I followed by loosely wrapping my arms around his neck. 

He whispered, "You're so perfect."

I blushed. "I beg to differ, but thanks honey."

He then leaned down and placed a kiss onto my lips. It started out so slow and sensual.  We slowly moved our lips in a rhythmic motion. 

After a couple of seconds, I pulled away and whispered, "What was that for?"

He grinned. "Nothing. It's just good to know that I'll be able to do that for the rest of my life with you."

A smile slowly crept onto my face as I hid my face in the crook of his neck. "You're so cheesy."

"But you like it, don't you?"

I nodded. "Of course. It's one of the reasons why I fell for you."

"And I'm happy I'm here to catch you as you fall."

I chuckled as I pulled my head up, "You sound like some cheap version on Romeo from Romeo and Juliet."

He burst out laughing, ultimately causing me to laugh right along with him. 

Not too long after that, we went out to the reception area of the building and that's when the party finally started. Jokwon was able to hire a really good DJ, which I'm extremely happy for because the music is an important aspect of a reception party. 

Minho's crazy cousins were getting more and more drunk as the party went on, but for once, I wasn't annoyed by them because this was a day of celebration. As long as they didn't do anything too stupid, they could get as drunk as they wanted. Besides, it turned out to be an advantage in future blackmail I could have against Minho when different family members and friends stood up in front of the mic to reminisce on experiences they had with us. 

Seunghyun, or Top as some people called him, which I still don't understand why, was one of Minho's drunk cousins. He took the mic after Minho's other cousin Jinri got finished congratulating me and Minho. 

Minho groaned as he saw his cousin, with much difficulty, try to balance himself as he grabbed the mic. I chucked to myself before he began. 

"Hey, everyone! First off, I want to say congrats to the happy couple. Can we get a round of applause," he boasted. The guests complied with hoots and hollers, Taemin and Jongin both clapping in between me and Minho. 

Top continued, "Minho, I love you. You're the best cousin I've ever had. And Key, I'm so happy you're a part of the family. Now that you're  officially a Choi, it's time to have some fun!" I burst out laughing as the Chois in the crowd hollered and cheered at his comment.  

"But enough of the gushy stuff, it's the moment we've all been waiting for. Time to embarrass my favorite cousin in the world. Kibum, you're going to love this!"

"Bro!" Minho yelled causing the crowd to burst out laughing. 

"So for those who may not know me, my name is Choi SeungHyun, but my nickname is Top. Now, you may be thinking how odd of a name that is, but my favorite cousin helped me come up with it. And this is how it all went down-."

Minho's eyes instantly widened and his cheeks were flaring. "There are kids in here!"

Top chuckled, "Well you better cover their ears. So, one day me and Minho were comparing sizes, right-"

I instantly converted Jongin's ears while Minho did the same to Taemin's. I wasn't expecting for Top to say something like that, but then again, I shouldn't be surprise. 

"-and we didn't want to admit that the other was bigger. So there was this girl at school that we both had a crush on." He burst out laughing before continuing in a slur. "Now, I don't know how I convinced her to have a with us," the guests gasped out of shock, "but she ended up agreeing. Hey, you remember that, Minho?"

Minho groaned, "I was trying to forget."

"To make a long story short, we both smashed the girl and at the end I asked who was better. And when she said me, Minho said it was because I was on top most of the time that he could barely get in anywhere, which was true. And ever since then, the nickname has stuck with me. Moral of the story is though he didn't win, the girl told me he was a close second. So Kibum, you should start looking forward to quite some long nights, because you won't be getting any sleep in awhile. Thank you!" 

You could almost hear a pin drop at how quiet it was in there. Some people were quiet from shock, admiration, and utter horror. Though I agree that the story was quite outrageous, I found it highly entertaining at how much it made Minho squirm. 

I smirked, "Did you really have a with your cousin? Minho, you sly dog." We pulled our hands off of the boys' ears. 

Minho then sunk in his chair. "Ugh, I'm so embarrassed. Your family heard that! Your dad heard that! My parents heard that! I've kept that a secret from them since the tenth grade."

I looked over at the table where his parents were sitting, his mom looked like she'd seen a ghost and his dad found it entertaining. 

A while after being mentally scarred, Minho's and I's parents decided to gather at the microphone together. Minho's mom went first. 

"Hello, everyone. I'm Minho's mom and this is my husband. Kibum, I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I'm really happy that you're a part of the family. For awhile, my son had been single and shown no interest in dating due to his career. I was concerned for his future. Then, you came along. Now, I'm not as worried because I know you'll take care of him. Plus, I now have to beautiful grandkids thanks to you. I wish you and Minho a happy marriage." 

The guests clapped after her speech. I adorned the most appreciative smile onto my face. I sent her an air kiss and she did the same back to me. 

The last to go was my dad. He seemed to have finally gotten his emotions together. 

"Good afternoon. For those who may not know, I'm Kibum's appa. Son, your life hasn't always been easy, and it's partly been my fault for that. I remember when you were just born, I made a promise to you to never abandon you or intentionally hurt you, but I broke that promise many years ago. Today, I'm here to reinstate that promise. You here that, Minho? Key may be a Choi now, but he's a Kim at heart, so remember, I'll be watching you. So if something ever happens to him, don't say I didn't warn you." The whole room burst out laughing and Minho chuckle lightly. "But in all honesty, welcome to the family. I wouldn't choose a better man to be with my son and I'm thankful that you walked into his life."  He raised his wine glass. "To Minho and Kibum!" 

Everyone gladly raised their glasses and drank with excitement. That was the cue for the DJ to start the party again. As pop music began to play, I walked up to my dad and hugged him for what felt like the hundredth time that day. Minho came up behind me and my dad shook his hand. Some 'man' thing I believe. 

"Wait! Wait!" Everyone looked to the stage and I saw Jongin and Taemin standing there with serious expressions on their faces with mics in their hands. 

Taemin continued, "We want to say something too!"

I couldn't help the smile the formed on my face. It's not everyday that you have kids giving speeches. 

The DJ cut the music so they could be heard. 

Taemin spoke, "Umma, we love you a lot and we are happy that you are happy. We want Minho to keep making you happy and we think he can do it."

Jongin grabbed the mic and continued, "Umma, you used to be sad a lot. But now that we have Minho, you smile way more. Since he makes you happy, he makes us happy. Minho, we're glad that you're our dad now!"

My lip trembled and I could see the appreciation Minho had as well. We weren't expecting the boys to give a speech so we were pleased to hear their opinion. 

As the guests clapped and cooed at the boys, me and Minho walked up to them and embraced them in a big family group hug. 

The reception party lasted a few more hours. The tense atmosphere quickly loosened up as some people got some alcohol into their system. My little ones were hyped up on so much candy, they couldn't even sit down for a minute. Usually I would've fussed, but everyone was having fun so I didn't want to rain on their parade.

As the party neared its end, I gathered everyone in front of us and I grabbed the mic. 

"I would like to thank everyone for coming. You guys have absolutely no idea how much this means to me. Your love and support gives me that much more confidence that me and Minho can last." I felt my throat tighten. "Gosh! I don't know why I'm about to cry."

"We love you, Kibum!" Someone shouted and others agreed. 

Then that's what made me release the waterworks. I difficulty talked through my tears, Minho placing a hand on my shoulder. "Growing up, I'd never even imagined getting married. It seem led like a goal that was attainable for everyone else except me. But then, I met Minho. Mr. and Mrs. Choi, thank you so much for birthing such an amazing human being. And to my umma and appa. I love you two so much. Thanks for never giving up on me. Even though we've had our share of tough times, you've always been concerned with what's best for me and I'll always appreciate that."

Minho took his hand and wiped the tears away from my face, though they were replaced with new ones. 

From that point, the party was over. Minho told people to make as many to-go plates as they wanted because all of that food was not coming with us. 

Me and Minho were the last to leave out of the building. As we exited, there was a long line of people clapping and throwing rice as we walked hand in hand to the awaiting limo that would take us to our honeymoon spot, which was really the airport because we planned for our honeymoon to be out of the country. I'm thankful that Minho's parents volunteered in keeping the boys until we returned. The media was all around snapping pictures and for once, I didn't care. This was a happy day I wouldn't mind sharing with the world. 

As we boarded the limo that read "just got married" on the back, I heard my dad say, "Don't have too much fun!"

I grinned, "I'm not making any promises!"

Then we got into the limo, closing the door, finally being alone. When the limo pulled off, I looked at Minho and he smiled back at me. He grabbed one of my hands and intertwined our fingers. 

He whispered, "We made it."

I chuckled. "Yeah. I'm jealous though."

"Of what?"

"Of you."

"Why?"

"Because you're not emotional. I didn't even see you shed one tear while I cried enough for the both of us." I hid my face in the crook of his neck. "It's embarrassing."

He kissed the top of my head. "It's cute. I actually admire the fact that you can show your emotions so well. Don't be ashamed of it."

I smiled. "I guess you're right. Goodness, I can't believe we're actually married."

He chuckled. "Well, believe it because tonight I'm going to make it known again," he kissed my cheek, "and again," he kissed my other cheek, "and again," he ended by finally taking my lips. 

I kissed him back just as eagerly. This kiss was different and it felt more special than all of our other kisses. This wasn't a kiss shared between just any couple. This was a kiss shared between two married lovers. 

Married. I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to the word. It brings up a whole new type of emotion. 

We continued to kiss passionately and cuddle until we arrive at the airport. We decided to save the fun stuff for the honeymoon. 



I updated on my phone again so bear with me please. 

Woo! So we meet again. Congrats to he happily married couple! And shoutout to Minho's cousin, Top, for making the whole wedding party an uncomfortable experience for everyone. Isn't that what cousins are for? :D

Anyway, it's sad to say that this is coming to an end soon. I have at least 2 or 3 more chapters, depending on some events I include. Don't be too upset my loves! We still have quite some time together. 

Please tell me how you liked the chapter ^.~