Holy Matrimony (Pt. 1)

My Perfect Stranger

                                                  


The morning of our wedding day was one full of disappointment. I wasn't disappointed because of anything pertaining to the wedding, but I was disappointed because I had to be separated from Minho all day until the wedding ceremony. Who ever made up such a cruel rule? 

My mom came early in the morning to pick up me and the boys while Minho waited for his family to him to wherever they had planned for him. 

I gave him a final hug at the door as I was leaving. "I'm going to miss you," I pouted. 

He chuckled. "I'm going to miss you too. But hey! Look on the bright side. This will make us even more excited to see each other when the time comes."

I smiled a little before signing. "I guess you're right." He leaned in to give me a kiss, but was stopped by my mom. 

"No, no, no. No kissing before the wedding." 

I whined before giving Minho one more hug. "See you later. Don't forget to lock the door," I said as I grabbed Taemin's hand and my mom grabbed Jongin's. 

He gave a wave before closing the door. I couldn't help the pout that formed on my lips. I wanted to be married to the man of my dreams at that very moment, not wait until the ceremony. However, I didn't want to spend the day moping, so I decided to shake it off and focus on getting ready for my husband-to-be. 

I had no idea where I was going. My mom and Jokwon planned out my pre-wedding plans, so I just followed blindly as they gave directions. 

"Umma," Jongin called from the back seat, "Are you excited?"

I smiled his way. "Of course, honey. What about you?"

They both exclaimed that they were indeed excited. 

Taemin stated, "I can't wait for Minho to finally be our appa! I mean, I love Jong Appa, but now we're going to have Minho Appa!"

"Umma, I'm confused," said Jongin. "What would we call Minho if we already have an Appa? Wouldn't that get confusing?"

That was a good question that I didn't think about. "Um, well you can call Minho dad."

"Dad? What was that mean?"

"Dad means appa in English."

Taemin interjected, "Cool! Well, I can't wait to call Minho dad."

That made my heart melt. They were being so sincere and I could just cry any moment. After today, we would officially be a family, something I've been looking forward to for quite some time. 

Shortly, we arrived at the hair salon. I got my hair washed and styled by a friend of JoKwon's. He insisted on doing my makeup, which turned out to be amazing, so I just let him. I didn't trust anyone doing my children's hair accept for myself, but Kwon and my mom persuaded me that today was a day for me to relax and that the boys would be fine. 

"Umma," Jongin said as Kwon put the finishing touches on my makeup, "You look so pretty!"

I smiled as I glanced over his way. "Really, sweetie?" He nodded vigorously. "Thanks. You look handsome too. Do you like what the stylist noona did with your hair?" 

The stylist only washed, blow dried, and trimmed it, but I still wanted to make sure my kids felt comfortable with their hairstyles. 

Jongin and Taemin both agreed that they liked their hairstyles and marveled at it in the mirror.

Kwon smiled knowingly, "I told you it was nothing to worry about. Just relax, ok?" I sighed before nodding. 

Once he was done with my makeup, my mom quickly walked over to me with tears in her eyes. I chuckled, "Umma, isn't it a little early to be crying?"

She smiled as a tear escaped. "I just can't believe that my little boy is finally getting married. You look so beautiful," then she hugged me. 

"Thanks, umma." My voice quivered. "Aish, you're going to make me ruin my makeup."

She pulled back with a light chuckle. "Sorry, honey. Your father is going to be bawling as well, so get prepared for it."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Oh, I can imagine. Speaking of him, where is he?"

"Oh, he's going to be with Minho and his family all day to help him out. Something about it being a 'guy thing'. You know how your father is."

Honestly, I was happy that my dad and Minho were together. They've grown so close over this past year of us dating. It only made sense that my dad would be with him. 

I giggled. "Yeah. Appa and his testosterone issues."

Our next destination was the designer warehouse where Kwon works so that the boys and I could put on our tuxes. 

Before the actual planning of the wedding, I told Jokwon that me and Minho planned to wear opposite colors. He would wear black while I would wear white. Kwon desperately wanted to design my tux, so of course I let him. It was one less problem on my list and he's a great designer. 

We walked into the building and went to the third floor where there were racks of clothes and dressing rooms. 

Kwon crouched down to the boys' level and smiled. "Your tuxes are behind that curtain. Go and get changed so you can hurry and see your umma dressed up too, ok?"

They both smiled in eagerness and excitement. My mom went with them behind the curtain to help them try on their little tuxes. I couldn't wait to see how handsome they would be. 

As we waited, Kwon showed me the suit I would be wearing. 

"Do you like it?"

Oh did I? It was so beautiful. It was simple, yet unique, which is something that's difficult to do when dealing with a color as simple as white. However, Jokwon always seems to pull it off. 

"Kwon, this is gorgeous!"

"Really? I mean, I made some slits in your undershirt to make the color pop, but I wasn't sure if you'd like it."

"I love it. Thank you so much." I gave him a meaningful hug. I really appreciated everything he'd done for me. He didn't even ask for anything in return. That's the definition of a true friend. 

A moment later, my mom and the boys came from behind the curtain. and I instantly gasped. They looked so cute and charming. They had black tuxes with a white handkerchief sticking out of the pocket. 

"Awww," I cooed as I walked over to them. "You two look so adorable!"

Jongin shook his head in protest. "We're not adorable. Nana said were handsome."

I crouched down and pecked both of their checks. "And she's right. You're my two little handsome boys."

"Men," Taemin inserted. 

"Let's not get too carried away. You'll always be my little boys."

"Key," said my mom, "Let's see you in yours!"

I was quickly shoved behind the curtain with the tux in my hand. I looked at myself in the mirror, taking in the image of Kim Kibum. Putting on that tux would make me feel like less of Kim Kibum and more of Choi Kibum. Just that thought alone had me racing out of my clothes to put on the tux. 

After making sure everything was on correctly, I looked at the mirror and gasped. 


I couldn't believe it was me.  I must have stood there for at least a good two minutes marveling at my image. I felt alive. I felt like a bright future was awaiting me, which it was. My future husband would see me in this very tux. It was all too surreal. 

I slowly revealed myself to my mom, Kwon, and the boys. My mom was an emotional wreck, as always. Kwon smiled in appreciation while the boys were jumping up and down in excitement. 

"Well..... How do I look?"

"Like a million bucks!" Kwon exclaimed. 

"Umma," whined Taemin, "why can't I wear white. I want a white tux~"

I chuckled and kissed his cheek. "You'll have your time one day. Just be patient." 

My mom took pictures and sent them to my dad, stressing him to not show Minho. My dad was so ecstatic when he got that pictures that he called my mom and asked to put me on the phone. 

"Hello?" I answered after being handed the phone. 

"Hey, Kibum."

"Hi, Appa. Why did you call?" I heard a slight sniff on his side. "Appa, are you crying," I chuckled. 

He cleared his throat before answering, "Of course not. Some dust just flew in my eye. Anyway, I called to tell you that I'm so proud of you. When your mom sent me that picture, it just made me realize how far you've come. I'm proud of you for sticking things out and getting on the right track. I love you, son."

"Awww," my eyes watered. "It must be yours and umma's mission today to make me cry. I love you too, Appa."

"I can't wait to see you today. See you later, son."

"Wait," I exclaimed. "Can you put Minho on the phone?" 

"Is something wrong?"

"No. I just really want to hear his voice."

"Anything you want." There was some shuffling before I heard that deep voice that made me melt. 

"Hello?"

I smiled to myself, "Hey."

"Hey," he repeated. "Is everything going ok? I was trying on my tux when your Appa ran in with the phone and tears in his eyes."

I knew he was crying. "Yeah, everything's ok. I just wanted to hear your voice. I don't think I've ever missed you as much as I do now. I'm just so anxious."

"I'm anxious to see you as well. Don't worry though. We have a few more hours left before the ceremony. Then we can be in each other's arms after that. How does that sound?"

"It's sounds great right about now. Anyway, I'll let you get back to your plans."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." Then we both hung up. 

I handed the phone back to my mom then we left to get some lunch at a nearby restaurant. I nagged the boys to eat cautiously so food would not drop on their tuxes. I was so nervous. It seemed as if the more we stalled, the more conscious I was. 

I breathed slowly to myself, telling myself that nothing bad was going to happen. But that didn't stop me from panicking. 

I sighed, "What if he gets cold feet?"

Jokwon gasped. "Key, what are you saying? You know Minho better than I do, and even I know that he wouldn't do that to you."

I pouted. "I know. I guess I'm just talking nonsense at this point. I just feel like the longer we wait, the more time he has to rethink his decision to marry me."

My mom grabbed my hand across the table. "Honey, just don't think like that. Minho loves you, and when you walk down that aisle, you'll find an equally as happy Minho awaiting you. Now, I don't want to hear anymore of this crazy talk, ok?"

I smiled and nodded. "Ok."

We chatted and ate before deciding to leave and ride to the venue. Kwon rented out a beautiful building with a large courtyard, which is where the ceremony would take place. 

Upon arrival, I noticed there were different media outlets outside of the gates of the venue. Social media had been blowing up about me and Minho's wedding plans ever since the proposal, but I often ignored it and forgot about it. Now that I saw tons and tons of cameras flashing, I was reminded of just how important this day was. 

Before we got out of the car, Kwon said, "This is why I rented a place with gates. There shouldn't be any media outlets on the inside since this is the only way to get in or out." He's so smart.

We exited the vehicle and cameras started flashing like crazy. I told Taemin and Jongin to look down and hold my hand so they wouldn't be blinded by the lights. 

They were throwing out comments as usual, but this time they were very encouraging, such as:

Good luck on the wedding!

Minho's one lucky guy

I wish you two luck!

It did nothing but brighten my day. I bowed slightly as I passed them and was allowed into the gate. 

After closing the gate, Kwon led me to courtyard where workers were still setting up. There were some people sitting in chairs as they waited for things to begin. I spotted Minho's mom and she ran over to me. 

She hugged me as she said, "Kibum, dear, you look so gorgeous!"

I blushed, "Thanks."

"I just know Minho will be astounded when he sees you." She looked at Taemin and Jongin. "And look what we have here. You two are so cute~!"

Jongin coughed assertively, "Handsome..."

Mrs. Choi chuckled, "Well excuse me. I meant handsome. Anyway, I'll let you all get ready for the wedding. I'll be out here helping set up." I gave her a hug before parting ways. 

Jokwon led us to the first floor of the building to a room with my name on the door. "This is the room you'll stay in until it's time for you to be called. Taemin and Jongin, come with me."

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "I have to be in here by myself?!"

"Well, you have your mother before the start of the wedding."

"Where are you taking the boys?"

"They're the ring bearers. So I need to walk them through what they'll be doing before the start of the wedding. I don't want any mishaps. My name is riding on this."

I nodded even though I was upset that my energetic balls of joy wouldn't be with me to keep me sane. 

I walked up to them then crouched down. "Be good when you're with Kwon. Listen to everything he says, ok?" They nodded. "Ok. I'll see you two later." We gave a big group hug  before they were led out of the door by Kwon. 

I turned around and sat on the comfortable looking bench near the window. My mom sat next to me and grabbed my hand. 

"This is it, Kibum. Your moment is finally here."

I played with her fingers, deep in thought. "Umma?"

"Yes, honey?"

"Do you think me and Minho will last like you and Appa?"

She scrunched her brows at the unexpected question. "Of course! There's no other person I could ever see you being happy with. Honey, are you having second thoughts?"

I shook my head. "Heavens no. I guess I start doubting things when I get antsy, and I'm pretty antsy right now."

"And the moment will be here before you know it."

And she was right. Moments later, Kwon came rushing in, telling my mom to a seat because the ceremony was about to start. Panic immediately started to settle in. This was actually happening. 

My mom quickly grabbed onto my hands to calm me down. "You'll be alright, ok? I'll see you out there." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and headed out with Jokwon. 

I grabbed the bouquet of flowers that was sitting on the bench and clenched it for dear life. I paced back and for, wondering when it would be my turn to finally walk down the aisle. 

My question was soon answered when I heard that familiar tune of "Here Comes the Bride."
 
I took a deep breath and prepared myself because when those doors open, my life would change forever. 


Ok so it's been awhile! I swear I had stuff to do and tried my best to get to writing this chapter as soon as possible. Also, I'm updating from my phone. I usually update from my computer so if you find anything off, that's why.

Anyway, I'm back! I hope you all enjoyed. 

Please leave comments ^.~