The Big Secret

My Perfect Stranger

tumblr_neh6lei4SI1tir023o4_250.gif


5 months later 

Jonghyun's incarceration has taken some getting used to. Though we haven't lived together for years, just knowing he's in jail made me feel empty for awhile. I felt as if another part of me was missing mostly because of the fact that he's a part of my family. 
 
We've called and wrote each other ever since his departure. I haven't been able to visit him due to scheduling, but I've always found time to communicate with him. 
 
He insists that he's doing fine and not to worry about him, but I'm convinced he's just keeping things from me to prevent me from worrying. It's something that I can't help. 
 
The boys seem to be taking things better than I am, especially with the help of Minho. They get excited every time Jonghyun sends a letter. It's like a present to them. It's something that they always look forward to, which is a nice spin on things. 
 
Jonghyun told me that his initial sentencing was 2 and a half years, but his legal team were able to get it shortened to a year and a half. They said if he has good behavior, then he may be able to leave sooner. I just hope the best for him. 
 
It's been 5 months since that emotional day, but I can proudly say life has gotten better. 
 
The media's finally off of my . I mean, I still make headlines from time to time, but it's only because of the fact that my scandal pushed me in front of the public eye. 
 
Not all of my attention was negative though. People not only paid attention to my personal life, but they became curious as to who I really am outside of the scandal. I got a lot of positive feedback about my makeup and stylistic skills, which has opened many doors of opportunity for me. That's something I will always be grateful for. 
 
My friendship with Woohyun has blossomed more than ever. I was highly surprised to find out he hosts some of the music shows that I work on as a stylist. That gave us more time to bond and make our friendship grow stronger. It's been a blessing being able to reconnect with him again. Even the boys love him. They have this habit of calling him uncle for some reason. It's sweet though. 
 
Nicole has been trying to reach out again. Honestly, I still haven't forgiven her for everything she's done to me. I've only come to terms with it and swept it under the rug. I really don't feel like dealing with her so I usually just avoid her. 
 
I haven't been able to think about her often because of the fact that I have such an amazing person in my life like Minho. He can easily keep me distracted from anything that worries me. Our love has gotten a lot stronger over the past months. I can't believe he's stuck with me this long and hasn't shown signs of giving up. 
 
Since things have been going so well lately, I've been able to be seen in public more without being scared of being mobbed. So when Minho invited me to his team's soccer game tonight, I thought nothing of it. I was just a little surprised that he invited most of our family and friends as well, but it would be nice being surrounded by loved ones supporting the man of my life. 
 
"Umma, how long do we have to wait," whined Taemin as we watched tv in the living room. 
 
I chuckled. "Baby, the game isn't until 8:00 tonight. It's currently 12:30. You'll just need to be patient."
 
"But I can't. I'm so excited!"
 
Jongin joined. "Yeah! Everyone's going to be there. It's going to be a really important day," he chuckled before Taemin elbowed him. "I mean, because Minho will win of course!" 
 
I narrowed my eyes. "What do you two have planned, hm?"
 
Taemin smiles innocently. "Oh, nothing."
 
Jongin added, "It's just going to be a fun night, Umma."
 
I was still suspicious, but soon forgot about it after I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it, revealing Woohyun. 
 
"Uncle Hyun!" The boys ran to him. 
 
Woohyun hugged them with just as much excitement. "Hey, dudes! Are you ready for tonight?" The boys nodded excitedly. 
 
I chuckled. "Why does everyone seem so overly excited? If anything, I should be more excited than all of you since my boyfriend is playing."
 
"Oh, Kibum. You just need to get into the spirit. Nights are the most exciting time of day."
 
I quirked a brow. "Really?"
 
He shrugged. "Well, at least for today?"
 
"Why is today so special?"
 
He smiled as innocently as Taemin. "Oh, nothing."
 
"Ok, is it me, or is everyone acting extremely weird today? First, my parents texted me words of love and encouragement out of nowhere. Then my children begin hinting at something like I'm not able to catch on to it. Now you, Woo? What is going on here?"
 
They all looked at each other before saying in unison, "Oh, nothing." I literally wanted to punch myself. 
 
I decided not to pry anymore because it's hard to get through those three once they're determined. I just hoped that I wouldn't be getting embarrassed tonight. 
 
Woohyun helped distract the boys from boredom for the time being. They played games and became very rowdy. 
 
"Yah, don't teach my children how to gamble," I yelled as I saw him take out a deck of cards. 
 
He burst out laughing. "Hey, it's just Uno."
 
"Ok, let's keep it like that."
 
"Umma," said Jongin, "What's gambling?"
 
Woohyun answered. "Wanna find out?"
 
I smacked him on the back of the head before turning my attention to Jongin. "Don't worry about it, honey. It's something kids shouldn't think about."
 
He looked confused but said, "Ok. Do you want to play Uno with us?"
 
Eh. Might as well. I didn't have to work so I was just going to be in the house all day until it's time for Minho's game. 
 
It was fun. I usually don't play games with my kids because either I'm too busy or I'm not interested. Minho and my macho friends do most of the playing with them. However, I enjoyed myself. I've never laughed so much in one sitting. 
 
"Awww, Woo. You'll get them next time."
 
He pouted. "Your kids are cheaters! They saw my cards before I put them down."
 
Jongin laughing. "Nuh uh, uncle Hyun! You're just a crybaby."
 
Needless to say, I was thoroughly entertained for a couple of ours. 
 
The day passed on faster than I expected. Maybe it was because we were so eager to go to the soccer game now. My boys were hyped up and Woohyun was right behind them. 
 
When 7:00 came, I decided we should leave early to avoid having to wait in line. I got our tickets from upstairs then gather my three excited loved ones in the parking garage.
 
My parents said they would meet us at the stadium right along with Minho's parents. I must have missed the memo of how important this game was because I thought it would just be like any other ordinary game. 
 
Usually, it would only be me and my boys, or Woohyun, or my parents. I've never been to a game with the whole family coming. Minho didn't give much detail about anything. I'll just have to see. 
 
When we arrived to the stadium, it wasn't very many people there. Perfect. That made it easier to get through the ticket gate. 
 
Most of the staff already knew who I was because of the fact that Minho brings me there. Sometimes I go to bring him lunch or watch him practice. So I've become very familiar with everyone. 
 
We headed to our seats which were towards the bottom near the team's resting benches. 
 
"Yes! We get to see them play up close," said Jongin. 
 
I pat his head. "Well, make sure you say thanks to Minho after the game, ok?" He nodded. 
 
We were later joined by my parents, who sat on the other side of me, and Minho's parents, who sat in the row behind us. I turned around to greet Mr. and Mrs. Choi formally. 
 
"Kibum-ah~," cooed Mrs. Choi, "You've gotten even more beautiful since the last time I've seen you."
 
I blushed. "Thanks, Mrs. Choi."
 
Mr. Choi chuckled and said, "Remember, you don't have to be so formal. We'll be family soon." Soon? "I mean! Um, we're like family already. There's no need for formalities."
 
I smiled. "I can't help it. It feels kind of weird without doing it."
 
"That's because your parents raised you right."
 
My dad patted my shoulder, getting my attention. "That's right."
 
I smiled before giving him and my mom hug. "Thanks for coming, guys. But can you please explain to me why everyone has been acting so suspicious today?"
 
My parents chuckled along with Minho's. Dad answered, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe it's just the excitement of the game."
 
I narrowed by eyes. "You're acting suspicious too, Appa. You know I don't like secrets."
 
He held his hands up in surrender. "I know nothing! Did Minho tell you anything?"
 
"No. He just told me what time to be here and gave me the tickets. Why? Is there something I should know?"
 
"Of course not, Kibum. You're just ready to see him, aren't you?"
 
I blushed, "Yeah, kind of. I haven't seen him in three days all because of the practices. I couldn't even come to any of them unexpectedly because they were closed practices."
 
"Well, I know he'll be happy to see you."
 
"Yeah, you're right."
 
I decided to go to Jinki's office to see if I could see Minho before the game since that's usually what I did. When I got there, he was just locking his door to leave the office. 
 
"Jinki," I called to get his attention. 
 
He jumped before turning around laughing. "You gave me quite a scare there. Hey, Key. What can I do for you?"
 
"I was hoping I could see Minho before the game. Am I able to?"
 
"Uhh," he procrastinated and rubbed his neck. "The guys are in the locker room getting ready. I don't think he would have time."
 
Ok, now something's definitely up. "I can't even just peak my head in and give a wave?"
 
He avoided eye contact. "I'm sorry, Key, but the game will start in about 30 minutes. We need as much prep time as possible. You understand, right?"
 
I narrowed my eyes. "I understand that something's going on and people are not telling me. Come on, Jinki~. We're friends, right?" 
 
He nodded. "Of course."
 
"And friends tell each other secrets, right?" He nodded again. "So can you tell me?"
 
Then he ran. Ran. Like really? 
 
As he ran away, he shouted, "Sorry! Catch you later!" Then he disappeared down the hall. 
 
I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to see Minho nor figure out what's going on. I made my way back to my seat depleted. 
 
When the game finally began, I forgot all about everyone's suspicious behavior once I saw my boyfriend. He looked so handsome out there. From time to time he would make eye contact with me, making me blush eternally. 
 
"Umma! Did you see that?!" said Jongin. "Minho saw us!"
 
I smiled. "Yes, baby. I saw."
 
Minho's team was winning for the first half. I cheered loudly, hoping he could hear me. Though I'm pretty sure he couldn't, I still wanted to show my support. 
 
When the 15 minute halftime came, I was really hungry. But right as I got up to get snacks, my parents stopped me. 
 
Mom said, "We and the Chois will go get snacks for everyone."
 
"Are you sure, Umma?"
 
She nodded. "Yeah. You know how long that line can get. I don't want you nor the boys missing anything." I nodded and they left. 
 
I turned to the boys and Woohyun. "My parents and Minho's parents are going to get snacks for everyone."
 
They all nodded. Taemin looked at Jongin before looking at me. "Umma, I have to pee! I'm in a tight!"
 
"Ok. I'll take you."
 
"No," said Woohyun. "I'll take him."
 
"Um, ok? I'll just wait for you guys with Jongin."
 
Jongin shook his head. "But I need to pee too, Umma."
 
"Really?"
 
Woohyun answered, "I'll take them both. You just stay here."
 
I sighed. "Please hurry back. It's dark out here. Don't lose them, Woohyun."
 
He scoffed. "I'm not that irresponsible." Then the three of them headed to the bathroom. 
 
It was so weird how everyone left at the same time. That made me even more suspicious as to what was going on. Why couldn't I go get snacks? Why couldn't I take my boys to the bathroom? What's exactly going on?
 
Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see it was Jinki. 
 
I scowled. "You bastard. Why did you run away earlier?"
 
He laughed. "I'm sorry, but I had to do it. Anyway, come with me."
 
"Why?"
 
"Trust me, you'll enjoy it. Just come on. We don't have much time before halftime is over."
 
I pouted out of confusion but decided to follow him. He led me down the stands and to the side of the field where the benches were. 
 
"Why am I here?"
 
He rubbed my shoulder. "Congratulations," he said before walking away and leaving me standing there confused.
 
Congrats? Congrats for what?
 
Then something caught my eyes in front of me. On the other side of the stadium, I saw Minho exiting out of the tunnel with a tux on and a microphone in his hand. He walked onto the field and the stadium cheered loudly. 
 
I was still standing there, puzzled.  
 
He stopped in the middle of the field before speaking into the mic. "How is everyone tonight?" The crowd cheered in an uproar. "As you may already know, my name is Choi Minho." More cheers. "Soccer has been a very important aspect in my life. I used to think that nothing could ever replace that. But as of late....... I've fallen in love."
 
Then my heart dropped. Was he about to serenade me or something?
 
"This person I've fallen in love with is someone I'm grateful for. I never thought I would ever be able to experience a love like this." Then he made eye contact with me. "Kim Kibum, can you come out please?" He motioned for me to come forward. 
 
As I walked onto the field, I heard more cheers. I met Minho in the middle, nervous as to what's about to ensue. 
 
"Guys, are you ready?" This time he wasn't talking to the crowd. 
 
I looked behind me to see our families and his team and coach standing a few feet back while recording this moment on their cameras. I gasped because everything was starting to make sense now. 
 
I turned back to Minho with wide eyes. He gave me a smile before speaking into the mic. 
 
"I know time's running out, so I'm just going to start now." He took one of my hands and stared into my eyes as he continued. 
 
"Kim Kibum, there's no amount of words that can sum up my love for you. As cliché as it may sound, I feel as if I've found my other half. We've gone through a lot of hurt together, as well as a lot of happiness. Now that we're done with the past, I see hope. When I look into your eyes, I can see a reflection of the two of us and the life I hope we'll share together. When I think about you, I know that no one else will ever hold my heart the way you do. When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. I want to be that person. Not only for you, but for your kids as well."
 
Then he got on one knee. My unreleased tears flowed down my checks as everything dawned on me. The crowed cheered as loud as ever.
 
"I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor do I want to. I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me. The story of our love is only beginning. Let's write our own happy ending. Kim Kibum, will you marry me?"
 
My heart felt like it burst from anticipation and excitement. I couldn't believe this was happening. After so many years of pain and confusion, I finally got a happy ending. 
 
With tears streaming down my face, I smiled at him and nodded. "Yes! Yes I'll marry you!"
 
A huge smile spread across Minho face and he jumped up and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he spun me around. Once he put me down, I kissed him eagerly. There was so my joy emitting from me. 
 
"He said yes!" Minho said into the mic and the crowd cheered again. 
 
He pulled a box out of his pocket, revealing a ring studded with diamonds. I held my hand out and he slipped it on my finger. More tears of happiness streamed down my face as reality set in. 
 
I hugged Minho again, placing my head in the crook of his neck as I cried. I just couldn't believe this was actually happening. He rubbed my back soothingly as I cried. 
 
Soon, I felt more hugs around me. I let go of Minho to see our families and his teammates surrounding us to say congrats. My boys were jumping up and down at my legs with exciting. 
 
Minho spoke into the mic again. "We have about two minutes left before halftime is over. So I would like to thank you guys so much for supporting us. I'm leaving the game now in my teammates' hands. I have faith that they'll pull through in my absence. Now, I have some celebrating to do. Have a good night everyone!" The crowd cheered again. 
 
I was still sobbing when Minho wrapped an arm around my waist, guiding me off of the field. On the sidelines, Jinki was waiting there with a huge smile on his face. He gave Minho a firm handshake and gave me a hug. 
 
"Make sure you treat him right, Minho. He's a keeper."
 
Minho nodded and then looked at me. "There's no way I'm letting him go." I sniffed and he wiped my tears away with his thumb. 
 
Then we headed inside to the locker rooms so Minho could get his things. Our families followed us in there and I couldn't help tearing up again. Everyone we loved were here. 
 
Woohyun ran and hugged me tightly. "Wow, I can't believe you're actually engaged! How does it feel?"
 
I rubbed my eyes to rid of my tears before chuckling. "Amazing. I can't believe you all were in on it! I knew something was going on, I never thought it would be a marriage proposal."
 
"We really fooled ya, didn't we, Umma?" said Jongin proudly. 
 
I crouched down and kissed his and Taemin's cheeks. "Yes, you guys did."
 
Taemin asked, "Are you happy?"
 
I nodded. "I'm very happy."
 
"Me too! Now we can finally be a family."
 
Jongin added, "We can finally call Minho appa!" They both high fived each other and I rolled my eyes. 
 
"We'll talk about that another day."
 
I stood up and faced my parents and the Chois. My mom excitedly asked to see the ring. 
 
"Wow," she was amazed. "Minho-ah, just how many diamonds are these?!"
 
I gasped dramatically and laughed, "Umma! That doesn't matter. Honestly, I would've taken a ring pop if it meant I would marry Minho."
 
Minho came up behind me and placed a hand on my waist before kissing my head. "Oh really? I guess I'll go and return it now." I elbowed him. "I'm kidding! Haha, it did cost me a lot though. But I'll just keep the price to myself."
 
"Honey, you know you didn't have to spend a lot."
 
"Honestly, you're worth way more than a diamond ring. But if getting you as much diamonds as possible would be equivalent to how much I really think you're worth, then it's worth it."
 
"Awww," our parents cooed at us. 
 
My dad asked, "So around what time do you plan to have the wedding."
 
Minho answered, "Well, I'm not rushing it. Me and Kibum are very busy with work, plus we need to find a place to move in together. Once all of the technicalities are out of the way, then I think it would be perfect to plan the wedding."
 
Dad nodded. "Makes sense. Well, I'm really happy to have you as a son-in-law. You'll be a great edition to the family."
 
"Thank you, sir."
 
"And Kibum," said Mrs. Choi, "I hope to hear about a new grandchild soon," she said happily.
 
Minho groaned. "Umma, not now. Anyway, we already have Taemin and Jongin. That's all we need," he finished as he smiled at the boys. 
 
Not too long after, we all headed to our cars and went our ways home. I took Woohyun to my home so he can get his car. 
 
"Don't have too much fun! You already have two kids," he yelled out of his car's window as he left. 
 
I rolled my eyes then headed back into my apartment. Social media was already buzzing with the news. This time, I wasn't annoyed or frightened. I was happy that the world was interested in something so amazing to me. Even if we do get negative feedback from time to time, nothing can bring down my mood. 
 
Minho spent the night at my house that night after we put the boys to bed. I locked my room door because I knew that we were in for a wild night. 
 
I hugged him after locking the door. "Thank you so much," I whispered. 
 
"For what?"
 
"For being here. That's all I could ever ask of you and you never let me down. I love you so much, Minho. I'm so glad you proposed to me. Spending the rest of my life with you was once a dream, now it's a reality."
 
He smiled. "I'll always be here for you and the boys. Always," then he kissed me. 
 
We made love that night, not as crazy as we were the first time. We took things slow. I controlled my moans so they wouldn't be loud enough for the kids to hear. Even when I reached my , it was as sensual as ever. Minho's grunts were low as he reached his as well. 
 
He pulled off his and tossed it somewhere, leaving us to cuddle in bed. 
 
"Key."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"How much longer do you think I'll need to be using a ?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I mean, what my mom said earlier. About us having our own child. What do you think about that?"
 
"Ummm, I honestly don't know. I haven't really thought about it. Why? Were you interested?"
 
He sighed. "Kind of. I just didn't know how you felt about it. I mean, it'll be coming out of you after all."
 
I chuckled. "What you think matters just as well. Tell me how you feel."
 
"Well, I love your boys. They are amazing, but sometimes I do wonder how it would feel to have my own child. One with my genes and blood. One that I can call my own. Not that I don't feel that way with Jongin or Taemin, but I think it's more special when it's your own child. You know what I mean?"
 
I nodded because I knew exactly what he meant. That's how I felt with my own kids. "I understand, Minho, and I wouldn't mind giving that to you."
 
His eyes widened. "Really?"
 
"Yeah. Maybe after we're already married because we'll be more established then, but I really wouldn't mind having another kid, especially if it's with you."
 
He smiled then pecked my lips. "I guess we have a wedding to plan."
 
"Yah~, no rushing, remember?"
 
"I know, I know. I was just kidding. But I'm really happy you said yes."
 
"So am I. This is the start of something new. Let's cherish it." I kissed him one last time before we both dozed off. 

OMG! The proposal happened! What do you guys think? Leave comments and let me know ^.~