Anxiety

Maps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-A postcard? Who writes one now in days?

 


-Someone I know

 


-Should I be jealous?

 


-It's Taemin Hyung

 


It was Wednesday, four more days, and Monday will be once more. You couldn't hide your happiness, it was too much. The lullabies were back, more sweet and beautiful than ever, and on top of that, you remember. You could see past foggy nights and drunk kisses. Finally. All falling to place. Almost there.

Everything was going great, awesome in fact. The school was going great, there were subjects you hate, there were ones you love, and one, that you love to the sky and above, because the memories, god, you could drown in those memories. But they weren't enough, no when he was so close. A heartbeat. Friends also great, Sehun still denying his possible curve in his straight life, Zelo getting closer in killing Youngjae, Min more mysterious than ever, but that was fine, Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo sweet, lovable, and he were there, he was, but he wasn't him. Everything, in your blind eyes, was fine. Love make us stupid. Blind.

You decided to reject the idea that something was going on between Kyungsoo and you. From your side you didn't feel much, not when it was compared to the love you felt for the one you were looking for, the emotions you held for Kyungsoo didn't pass the one of a friend, maybe sometimes it did make your heartbeat, but it wasn't much, wasn't enough. You knew you weren't blind in that area, you saw him, you felt him. You knew. But at the same time, you didn't know, because you can think you know, and you can be mistaken. You hope you were, mistaken. But those eyes told you otherwise.

Wednesday it wasn't your favorite day, it was the middle, too far gone,  so close, it was the middle, it was hell in the days, like September, the middle, you hate the middle. That didn't include Suho. You just hated the incomplete, the almost, the middle. You wanted all or nothing. You weren't a person who saw the glass half full. You saw it full. That's why you looked, why you said hello for the first time, why you are how you are. The middle was the worst hence Wednesday. Chem, P.E, physics, philosophy, history, the worst, there wasn't any ray of sun in those days. Awful days.

The other thing was the twins didn't show up today, the flu, all so now as sulking and thinking or min and Daehyun. You were such a drama queen, your best friends. The problem was that it was that it was only Kyungsoo and you, except during lunch that min or Suho, never the two at the same time, were added. He was your friend but it was getting difficult to reject those eyes, the heart, the boy, also it was difficult to hide your anxiety, the hands counting the days, the look out the window, you didn't want to hide it, you shouldn't but he was there and he was a friend. It was getting more difficult as the days go by, as you got closer, it was getting messier, you don't know how it reaches this point. It was obvious you, may have someone. The may is a killer. However, the heart can be blind.

So you waited with anxiety for the lunch. This needed to stop because he was your friend and you wanted for that to stay when you find him. You wanted the two of them, maybe selfish. Selfish. So you hope you were mistaken.

 


-Hey Hyung! Do you know those four?

 


-Who?

 


You were pointing to the table that had the party with them, the loudest and the one that had all eyes on them. But they didn't mind.

 

 

-Those, the ones who are making all the noise

 


-Ah! You mean them?

 


-Yes

 


-No.

 


-Hyung!

 


The problem with lunch you sometimes forgot that Kyungsoo was there, so you acted as you acted at home or with him, something that almost no one knew, a hidden secret. You did aegyo to get things, a dirty play. But all is fair in love and war.

When you saw that sweet smile and felt those eyes on you, you remember. But there was something wrong, they looked sad, they looked broken. You wanted to know why but something stopped you. Yourself.

 


-I know them. One in particular

 


-What? You do? Which one Kyungsoo? Which one?

 


Yes, you were selfish.

 


-In fact, you do also

 


Your food was untouched, you didn't felt like eaten, you felt like knowing and getting what you wanted. So close. And no more middle.

 


-What? Who? the laughing one? Because I thought so

 


-Yes, he is Dongwoo the one captain of the summer football match, the one making funny faces is Lee Sungyeol, the one hitting Sungyeol is Lee Sungjong and the one who is laughing with Dongwoo is Hoya or Lee Howon, they are seniors. Weird dudes, why did you want to know?

 

 

Silence in the room, you didn't want to break his heart not yet, not ever, not by your doing. However he had to found out, and this eyes they brought you memories of other question with vague answers. Those were knowing eyes.

Ring!

 


-Well I gotta go, see you at home Jong-Jong

 


Save by the bell.

 


-Ya! Hyung!

 

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter