Save Rock & Roll

Maps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday, that was good. It meant a lot of good things, last day of the week, the day before the weekend, the last day of your first week of work, the day you get free to look more. Because it had been a really dry week. But you weren't given up. Never.

You started working in the music store, since Monday, three weeks had gone, and you were settling alright. Having friends, having a work, knowing the town. The only thing missing was one thing. Better yet, one person. However, you are working on that. Really hard. Hence the music store where you had a better chance of seeing him or any of his friends, like those cold eyes of his best friends. The work was good. The bosses were awesome, three brothers. Your friends visited you every day, bringing hell with them all time. It was all fun and awesome. But zero sight of the most wanted person. And that was awful. Was the truth.

Also, you had time on playing the guitar, on remembering how his fingers felt in you, remembering the first song the two of you played, remembering all those afternoons under the old broken roof of that rusty bars of yours. So even if it was a dry week, it was a good week for memories.

There was only one problem.

 


-Kai! Your friend? Is here

 


-Coming

 


Doe eyes, that was the problem. It wasn't that he wasn't your friend, or that you didn't like him. It was that he was there. Always. All the time. All the days. And it was nice, the first few days but now it was too nice. Because he had pretty words, learning eyes, food, curious fingers. Because he was there.

 


-Hey! Hyung how are you?

 


He will give you that sweet smile of him, and you would feel your heart melt. Melt in memories of the sweet chocolate smile. And then he will introduce you his delicious food, only for you. And your stomach will grumble. Grumble for burn food and food from seven eleven. And the two would sit too eat the food, next to each other, a heart beating too fast next to you, and yours too, making a doubtful mix of music. And your ears, your body would remember the perfect, melodious, combination of two hearts in sync. That was the problem.

He was too much, and you were a bad boy with him. Using him as a memory object, using him to keep him alive, to remember. You were awful. Because you knew. You knew what the presence of him, his sweet smiles, his food, his word, meant. You knew. And that was why you were awful. You were using him. However, you did feel something. But, maybe, not what he wanted. Maybe.

You get into a silence of munch words, exchanging sounds, words, exchanging nothing that was too much. Always keeping them too close to your heart, close and protected. He knew he wasn't blind or deaf he read and felt the silence of your words. Or the lack of it. Always keeping mum in the wake of questions of words. Not ready. Not yet. Not ever.

 


-Who taught you?

 


-...

 


-Do you know Kim Myungsoo?

 


You choked, you choked on breath because you had finished eating, a long time ago. That name, that lovely, sweet name. Only hearing it make you weak on the knees, make your heart want to jump out of his prison, your lungs were weak in breathing. You lost your mind in foggy memories. You went numb. Lost in love.

 


-Kai! Wait I will get something

 


He looked so worried, and you would have stopped him if it wasn't that you need the space, the air, time to think, to analyze, to process the question made. The name that Kyungsoo let slip through his lips. How, why, who. Those where the head of all your questions and they were too many, all tangled in themselves. Making you have a headache, one too strong for your liking. How.

 


-Here drink this

 


You did without a doubt, lost in thought, in question. And when it went through your throat you choked for real, trying to puke. It was awful.

 


-What the hell is this?

 


His worry, guilty, eyes got worst.

 


-A kid in the smoothies gave it to me?

 


-What? What the hell, Kyungsoo?!

 


-I am sorry, he was in front of me, he said he had made a mistake. And he gave it to me. Sorry.

 


You were about to nag a lot more to po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter