Meeting

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

You woke up pretty early considering the fact that you cried all night long. You looked at the mirror and realized that your eyebags are swollen. You sighed. Of course you didn't want to come to work looking like that. So you went downstairs to the kitchen and opened the freezer. You grabbed two cold spoons and held it on the surface of your eyes. It's really cold, but you knew that it's effective to decrease the swelling. After a couple minutes or so, you returned it back to the freezer.

"Minjung-ah, you're already awake?" You were surprised by your mom's sudden appearance.

"Yeah, good morning mom!" You said while smiling, hoping that the swelling had already disappeared.

"Morning, why are your eyes swollen?" Apparently it hasn't. Your mom had always been observant, so she would've noticed anyways.

"Really, mom? Maybe because of sleep deprivation, I've been really busy lately." You have no choice but to lie a little, which is actually pretty much true. You were sleep deprived more or less. "Anyways, I have to get ready, mom. I'm in charge of a new project so I have to be there early."

"Minjung-ah, don't work too hard. If you're not feeling well, then just stay home and rest." That's actually a great idea, you thought. But then again, if you didn't come today then your boss' trust in you will decrease and that isn't good. So you gotta go whether you want to or not.

"No, I'm fine mom. Don't worry." You smiled at her, hoping that the smile will ease her worries.

"Okay, go and get ready while I make breakfast." You went upstairs and took a shower. Your eyes weren't as swollen and you put on makeup with a natural look, which covered your swollen eyes. You curled your hair. You didn't know why but you felt like you had to be pretty today so you decided to wear a purple slim dress with a white blazer. You took one look at the mirror and made sure everything was right. You still had time so you texted Hani.

7:07 am, 20 JAN 2015

I'm going to work now.. Wish me luck~

Sent. Immediately, you received a text back.

7:08 am, 20 JAN 2015

GOOD LUCK MY DEAR FRIEND! Go meet Woohyun for me^^

You chuckled, all she thinks about is just Woohyun. You sighed. You came down for breakfast and head off to work.


You were sitting down in your office and reviewing some papers. Because you were a workaholic, you were too focused to remember that INFINITE will be coming to work with you.

"Minjung-ah!" You were startled when someone suddenly called you. "Boss wants to see you in the meeting room." Your face was confused for a moment, but then you remembered.

"Okay!" You took a deep breath and prepared yourself, both mentally and physically. You stood up and walked to the meeting room. From outside, you can already hear the sound of Dongwoo and Woohyun's laughs. You took another deep breath and slowly opened the door.

There they are. The seven idols that you onced collected posters, albums and tickets from. Dongwoo, Woohyun, L, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Hoya, and Sunggyu. The man who had once been your lifesaver and your heartbreaker. They were all chatting and laughing with your boss. You started to feel scared that they would notice you and would insult you, especially Sunggyu. You didn't want to get hurt anymore.

"Oh, Minjung-ah, you're here!" Your boss had realized that you came in. "This is the INFINITE that I told you about."

"Annyeonghaseyo. INFINITE ibnida!" Without directions, INFINITE directly introduced themselves.

"Oh annyeonghaseyo." You replied while smiling, realizing how much you had missed their greetings.

"This is Lee Minjung, our famous fashion designer. She will be working with you for your comeback." Your boss explained. From the corner of your eye, you saw Sunggyu's face of recognition. You were confused and blinked again. Maybe you had only imagined it because it wasn't there anymore.

"I'm Lee Minjung. Nice to meet you." You smiled as you introduced yourself. And again you saw that same expression of Sunggyu's. An expression of recognition. Though it quickly disappeared.

"So, then I'll be leaving Minjung with you to discuss about your fashion concept." Your boss was going to leave you alone, and you started to panic. Your face had shown it all, even INFINITE had recognized it. 

"It's okay, we won't bite." Woohyun had said trying to calm you down. You gave a half-hearted smile.

"Okay, be good and work hard." Your boss said while facing you. "Bye!" He said to INFINITE and finally left the room. The awkward silence was starting to creep in. You didn't want to say anything because you were afraid that Sunggyu would recognize you. He did show that he might have recognized you.

"So umm, your name is Lee Minjung right?" Sungyeol tried to break the silence.

"Uhh yes..." You replied carefully.

"Ah, isn't that one of our early INSPIRIT's name?" Dongwoo asked innocently. Your heart started beating faster. On one side, you were happy that they remembered you. But you were scared that they would find out. "Is it?"

"Aren't you one of the INSPIRITs from our debut?" Sungjong asked, starting to agree with Dongwoo. You were scared to death and you became speechless. All you wanted to do was just disappear right that moment. From the corner of your eye, you could see that Sunggyu was also curious.

"Sorry, what?" You tried to pretend to be confused and hoped it was successful.

"We used to have a loyal fan that always came to all of our concerts and our fanmeetings. But suddenly she disappeared. Her name was Lee Minjung." Woohyun explained to you.

"But, isn't she kind of fat?" Hoya asked in confusion.

"Ya, stop it. Don't talk about her like that." That was the first time Sunggyu spoke. Your heart was beating faster. He was taking your side and that made you happy, sort of.

"I don't think that's her. There are lots of people with the same name as her." L replied to cool down the atmosphere.

"Anyways, are you an INSPIRIT by any chance?" Sungyeol continued to ask.

"No I'm not, so I don't really know INFINITE. Sorry." Again you acted, you didn't want them to find out so what can you do? You kept on eyeing Sunggyu from the corner of your eyes. He still looked pissed, maybe because of how INFINITE insulted you. You shook that thought away and tried to focus.

"Okay, let's introduce ourselves then. I'm Nam Woohyun, the main vocalist." You knew that.

"I'm Jang Dongwoo, the main rapper." You knew that. "Sorry for getting confused before."

"It's okay." You smiled.

"I'm Lee Sungyeol, in charge of vocals. I'm also the tallest, if you're looking for a boyfriend." He laughed and you laughed with him. You knew that too.

"I'm Hoya, or Lee Howon, the rapper and main dancer." You knew that.

"I'm Lee Sungjong, and I'm the maknae. Sorry for thinking that you were someone else." You knew that.

"No, it's okay. Lots of people do that." You tried to make him feel better, just like you used to.

"I'm L, but my real name is Kim Myungsoo. Nice to meet you. Please call me Myungsoo." You smiled. You missed his kindness. You had been avoiding Sunggyu's eyes all this time and you had no choice but to look at him. You realize how handsome he had gotten. His eyes, nose, lips, so close to perfection, that you forgot how much you had missed him.

"I'm Kim Sunggyu, the leader." That's it. His voice. You couldn't help but smile. It brings back those memories. He didn't look pissed off anymore. He looked sort of sad, but also cold. Right, you almost forgot to discuss about the concept.

"Nice to meet you all. Since I'll be working with you, I need to get to know you better. I think that fashion can only be maximized when it reflects who you are. So in order to create the best fashion style for each of you, I would like for us to get to know each other better. You can tell me more about yourself, or show me anything that reflects who you are." You were experienced so you knew what you were doing. "That's it for today. Thanks for coming and see you around." You were about to stand up when you stole one look at Sunggyu. He was deep in thought, probably thinking of what reflects him. You smiled and went out of the room.