Bracing

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

I tried to call Hani a few times, but she didn’t answer. So I texted her instead.

11:15 am, 22 JAN 2015

HANI YA! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! PLEASE CALL ME ASAP! Sunggyu wants us to get to know each other….

I hoped that Hani would call me as soon as she sees my text. I didn’t know what to do if Sunggyu wants to get to know me more. This might even be a bad idea. Oh no, what am I supposed to do? I’m just hiding inside the bathroom because I’m afraid of what’s going to happen. Then Hani called me.

“WHAT’S HAPPENING? Tell me, Minjung-ah!!” I could tell that Hani was really curious about what’s happening.

“I’ll tell you!! Just calm down! It’s your fault that you didn’t pick up your phone earlier.” I .

“Oh come on. I’m working too, you know?” She was sulking, so I laughed.

“Yeah, I know. So, Sunggyu wants us to get to know each other so that I can help design his fashion concept. And he wants us to start from now. What should I do, Hani-ya?” Hani sighed. She was probably at lost too just like me.

Hmm.. For now, let’s just go with the flow first. I’m sure he won’t recognize you, just be yourself. Remember Lee Minjung, you’re not the same as you three years ago. Now you’re a successful fashion designer and you’re just working as usual. Don’t worry.” She assured me that everything was going to be fine.

Thanks Hani-ya. I think I’m gonna have to hang up now, Sunggyu probably thinks I took a dump.”

“Okay, okay.” As I was about to hang up, she cried out, “WAIT WAIT!! You forgot to give me Woohyun’s phone number!!!” I laughed. I totally forgot about that.

“Sorry, sorry. I really forgot. I’ll text it to you, okay?”

“Okay, bye and good luck!”

“Bye!” I hung up the phone and directly texted her Woohyun’s number, just in case I forgot. Then I took a deep breath. Okay, let’s do this.


As soon as I walked outside, I was greeted with Sunggyu. He was waiting for me outside the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” He asked me as he looked worried.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I tried to smile to him. “So where should we start?”

“Since it’s almost 12, how about we go grab lunch while talking?” My heart was beating harder. Okay, calm down. He’s just asking to go grab lunch. It’s not a date. It’s just a lunch meeting.

“Okay.” That was all I managed to say. We walked together side by side. It was really awkward. We didn’t talk for a while. Well, it’s probably better if we didn’t talk.

“Where are we going to eat?” He asked breaking the silence.

“Sunggyu-ssi can choose where we’re going to eat.”

“Okay then.” We continued to walk in silence until we reached the restaurant Sunggyu wanted to eat in. I hoped everything will be okay.

 


Another short chapter! Thank you so much for subscribing and also for being patient guys! I really, really appreciate it. Currently, I'm writing even more chapters so I'm hoping I'd be able to finish everything this year. I really do hope so! I've outlined and I just need to finish writing everything. As of now, I'm planning to have roughly 25+ chapters. After I finish the story, I might still want to add more chapters just for fun but it's still in consideration. I really hope you do enjoy this story. Don't worry guys, I'm really working hard, even though it was tough.