Woohyun's Birthday

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

Soon, came February. The air was still cold, but it was warmer compared to January. I met him again on February 7th, 2015. We talked about a lot of things. I guess we became more comfortable with each other. Or more like he became comfortable with me.

“So, tomorrow is Woohyun’s birthday,” Sunggyu told me as we walked around. I had forgotten about that. “We’re going to surprise him tonight at the dorms with the other members. Would you like to come along?”

“No, I shouldn’t. Isn’t it kind of personal to you guys? I’d probably be a nuisance.” Actually, I didn’t really want to join them because I know that Hani will be jealous of me. So I thought it’s best that I didn’t join.

“No, don’t worry about that. Woohyun’s really chill about that. You should just join.” It seems as if he really wanted me to join. I didn’t think it was a good idea to join. “If you don’t join, I’ll follow you everywhere.” My face must have shown that I didn’t like the idea, which made him threaten me. 

“Hey, you can’t do that.” I told him, but he just laughed. I sighed. Maybe I should just give Hani a call first. “Oppa, just a minute, I’m gonna call my friend. Could you please wait here?”

“Okay, sure.” I left Sunggyu and walked further away to call Hani.

“Hello?” Hani said as she answered her phone.

“Ya, it’s me.”

“Why? Aren’t you with Sunggyu right now?” She knew when I was supposed to meet Sunggyu.

“Yes I am, but I told him to wait over there.” She was relieved. “Of course I wouldn’t talk to you in front of him. I’m not as stupid as that!” My point made Hani laughed.

“I know, I know. I was just making sure. Why did you call me?”

“Actually, Sunggyu invited me to surprise Woohyun later in the dorms…” I didn’t want to lie about it to her so I was just being honest.

“So lucky!” She sounded kind of disappointed at first. Then she became mischievous. “Make sure Woohyun is really surprised!”

“Are you sure? If you don’t want me to go, I won’t.”

“Why are you asking me? Just go if you want to.” Hani sounded a bit confused.

“No, it’s just I didn’t want you to be jealous or anything.”

Ah, geurae.” She started giggling. Then she spoke in a very girly manner, “Don’t worry, I’m not jealous.”

“Really?” She sounded suspicious so I wasn’t sure.

“Really.” She still spoke in a cute manner. “I’m going to meet Woohyun tomorrow.” Then she giggled even more.

“Ya! Why didn’t you tell me from before? What kind of friend are you?” I feel betrayed that Hani didn’t tell me this beforehand.

“Ya! How can I tell you when you’re busy dating Sunggyu? When have you ever paid attention to my love story with Woohyun?” Now she was becoming mad.

“I’M NOT DATING SUNGGYU!!!!!” I knew she was joking but I wanted to make things clear. “And I do pay attention! You’re not even dating yet.” I teased Hani back. She sounded annoyed by what I said.

“I will! Soon! Wanna bet?” She sounded really sure. Even though I was probably going to lose the bet, I still didn’t want to lose to her.

“Okay, let’s bet. What should we bet?”

“If I become Woohyun’s girlfriend, then you have to come with me when INFINITE performs on a music show.” Hani teased me.

“Ya! If I do that then everyone will know.” I still didn’t want Infinite members to know about me.

“It’ll be fine, you can leave after that. Or you can just wear a hat and a mask. Simple!” It seems that Hani really did want to go watch Infinite with me. Feeling my hesitation, she chose to do aegyo. “Please? Pretty please?”

“Fine.” I gave in, even I can’t stand Hani’s aegyo. She’s just like Woohyun. “Then if I’m right, you have to dance EXID’s Up & Down during INFINITE’s fan meeting.”

“Call!” Hani laughed. “Ya! Aren’t you talking for too long? Sunggyu’s probably cold while waiting for you.”

“Ah, right! I forgot about him.” Hani laughed so hard. “It’s not funny. Okay I have to go, bye!” I hung up the phone. I quickly ran to Sunggyu. He was crouched on the bench while trembling of coldness. I sat beside him.

“Oppa, I’m so sorry for taking so long.” I felt so bad towards him. “I’m really sorry Oppa.”

“It’s….. cold…” Sunggyu stammered due to the cold. He slowly looked towards me while trembling.

“What can I do?” I asked him, feeling worried. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulders, making me feel confused.

“Let’s stay like this for a while.” Sunggyu said, still with his arms wrapped around me. I could feel his breath on my back which made my heart pound real hard. I’m worried that he might be able to hear my heart beating fast. I didn’t know what to do.

“Mm.” There was silence, so I slowly wrapped my arms around him. I rubbed my hands on his back trying to make more heat and keep him warmer. As I was doing that, I could feel that Sunggyu hugged me tighter. Maybe because I felt that the mood was great at the moment, so I can’t help but be annoyed when Sunggyu’s phone suddenly rang. Both of us immediately let go of each other and sit up straight. Sunggyu checked his phone.

“It’s Sungjong.” He cleared his throat and picked up the phone. “What’s up?”

“What do you mean ‘what’s up’? Where are you, hyung?” Sungjong asked sounding annoyed.

“Why?” I can tell that Sunggyu didn’t like the maknae’s tone.

“Are you even going to come to Woohyun’s surprise birthday party?”

“Ah, right! I forgot about it. I’ll be there soon. Minjung will be coming too by the way.”

“Arasseoyo hyung. We’ll be waiting for you.” Sunggyu ended the phone call and turned to face me.

“Minjung-ah, let’s go now, they’re waiting for us.” I nodded and we head to INFINITE’s dorm.

 


 

“When is hyung coming?” Sungyeol asked impatiently. We had all decorated the dorms and prepared everything, including the cake. All we need to do is wait for Woohyun to enter the dorms.

“How long must we wait for him?” Dongwoo asked, starting to get bored. He was playing around with his party popper. Everyone was too busy concentrating on the door to answer their questions. A few seconds later, Woohyun walks in. Everyone started singing the “Happy Birthday” song. I could see that Woohyun was touched by the surprise his fellow members prepared for him. I thought I saw tears in his eyes.

“Thank you guys, seriously. I’m so touched.” Woohyun acted as if he was about to cry, but then he threw us his signature NamHearts instead. “I love you guys!” He said in a cute way that disgusted all of the members. Then they all laughed.

“Happy birthday, Woohyun oppa!” I wished him a good one while the others were busy cleaning up. It was already late so I knew I had to go soon. “INFINITE, I have to go now so bye!” As I walked out, Sunggyu followed me outside.

“I’ll walk you home.” Sunggyu insisted on doing so. “It’s already late and it would be dangerous for you to go alone.” I accepted his offer. I didn’t want to go home by myself, and it was sort of scary this late at night. Sunggyu walked me home. We didn’t talk very much but we didn’t feel very awkward. It was pretty comfortable, to be honest. As I arrived home, I told him to quickly leave as it was pretty late.

“Thanks for walking me home. You should go home too, Oppa.”

“Okay. Go inside.” He gestured me to go in.

“Okay. Take care, Oppa. Bye.” I went inside as he left. I think I’m really falling for him again.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

Woohyun was given the day off to celebrate his birthday. Actually, he was supposed to return back home to meet his family. However, he had told his family he was busy. Instead, he went outside to meet Hani. Hani was already waiting for him at the park. She was holding a bag that was supposed to be Woohyun’s present.

“Hani-ya!” Woohyun called out as soon as he arrived.

“Oh, Oppa! Happy birthday!” Hani congratulated him sincerely with a wide smile. “This is your birthday present.” She said as she moved the bag in Woohyun’s direction.

“Thank you, Hani-ya.” Woohyun smiled as wide as her. “What is this?” He asked as he opened the present.

“It’s a scarf. I made it for you.” Woohyun took out a scarf that looks as white as snow. He was in awe.

“Did you really make this for me?” He didn’t believe what she had said.

“Yeah, I knitted it myself.” She smiled. He smiled.

“Thank you so much.” He said as he put the scarf on. “How does it look?”

“Handsome as always.”

“Of course! I’m handsome 24/7.” Woohyun joked, making Hani laugh out loud. She fixed the scarf on Woohyun to make it look perfect. While she was still focused on that, Woohyun decided to lean in closer and give a peck on her forehead. Hani was shocked and flustered. Woohyun just smiled and said, “Let’s go.” She smiled too and followed him.

 


Hey guys! So how'd you like the chapter? It's quite longer than the previous chapters so I hoped you guys liked it!

By the way,

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

I'm trying to make the symbol above be like a change in point of views. Since so far I've always used Minjung's POV, I decided I should have an author's POV too, so readers can know what's going on between Woohyun and Hani. I really wanted to include fluff in this story but I didn't want to ruin the story so I hope the fluff between Hani and Woohyun would be okay for now. 
And.... THANKS FOR THE 40 SUBSCRIBERS!! I'm really thankful for all of you who has been patient for this story ㅠㅠ Thank you so much for those who had subscribed me since the end of 2014.. I'm really sorry for always at updating... Love you guys~