Anxious

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

You couldn't sleep that night. Your boss told you that you were going to meet INFINITE tomorrow. Memories of INFINITE and also Sunggyu's answer for your confession kept on replaying in your head and made you anxious. You didn't want to sleep. You were afraid because the moment you fall asleep, you'll wake up to tomorrow. You didn't know what to do since it's already 12:17 a.m. You just remembered that you didn't tell Hani yet, so you decided to call her. You took your phone from the table and pressed Hani on your recents.

*ring*........  *ring*.......... (no answer) *ring*.......... The number you are calling is not answering. Please call again or leave a message after the beep. You hung up before the beep because you don't want to waste any money on leaving messages. You tried to call again.

*ring*......... *ring*..... *click* (she picked up!)

"Finally! Hani-ah." You were relieved that she finally picked up her phone. You called out to her, but she didn't answer. "Hani-ya."

"Mmm?" She sort of replied.

"Are you sleeping?"

"No~ Wae?"

"Liar."

"Yeah, of course I'm sleeping! It's past midnight!!! I need my beauty sleep too you know."

"I know."

"What's wrong that you have to wake me up at this time?"

"I can't sleep."

"OMG! Did you really just call me because you can't sleep? JUST READ A BOOK OR COUNT THE SHEEPS!" Hani was starting to get pissed off. You started to chuckle. "Now you're laughing, huh? Ruining my beauty sleep isn't funny. Then Woohyun won't like me--" She stopped talking. "Sorry. I'm really sorry."

"No it's fine. I know that you're still an INSPIRIT at heart even though you've told me that you'll stop."

"Minjung-ah.."

"It's okay, I know you still secretly go to their concerts and also meet them. It's okay. I don't want you to have to stop just because of me. I want you to be happy, okay?"

"Thank you, Minjung-ah." She starts to sob.

"Are you crying??"

"No! My nose got blocked so I was trying to blow it out. JINJJA!!" You laughed.

"Okay okay, I believe you."

"Oh, why did you call me again?" Hani asked, suddenly confused.

"Umm.. You know.... INFINITE is working with WEAR for their new comeback.."

"Hmm..." You were about to continue when, "Wait, WHAT?? INFINITE? WORKING WITH YOUR COMPANY??"

"Yeah...."

"Does that mean that they will be coming to your company often? Like everyday?"

"Yeah. They're coming tomorrow."

"Can I just come to your company too?" You can tell that she's the one being excited.

"Of course not. Well, maybe you can come visit me." You replied, just trying to make her happy.

"WAIT. Does this mean Sunggyu is also coming?"

"Yeah... That's why I called you, Hani-ya. I don't know what to do. I'm going to have to work with him for INFINITE'S comeback." You sighed. From her tone, you can feel that she is sad that you have to meet him again after what he did to you.

"Minjung-ah... I really hoped that you wouldn't have to meet him again."

"That's what I hoped so too, but that's not gonna happen. What should I do?" You needed your best friend's advice. Someone that you've trusted for so long.

"It's okay, Minjung-ah. Don't panic. You're a different person now. You look different, you dress different. you are different. They won't recognize you. He won't recognize you."

"Are you sure?" What she said was right. They won't be able to recognize you because, you've changed.

"I'm sure, just don't pretend that you know them. And be like it's meeting them for the first time. Do NOT act like a fan. Just be professional."

"But, what about my name? They will recognize it won't they?

"Ya! Lee Minjung! There are a thousand people with the same name! There's even actress Lee Minjung. Seriously don't worry. I'm sure you'll be fine." She reassured you, and you became less anxious.

"Okay, thanks Hani-ya. I'll do my best." You gained confidence and hoped that you'll be able to do it.

"No problem. Go sleep, or you'll be late tomorrow."

"Okay." You were about to hang up, but you heard Hani saying something.

"WAIT! Minjung-ah~ Don't forget to say hi to Woohyun for me."

"I thought I'm not supposed to be myself from 3 years ago."

"Ah right." She sounded pissed off again. "Then, just call me after you've met them okay? Right after you've met them okay?"

"Okay, I will." You hung up the phone and placed it on your bedside table. You were about to sleep when you remembered something. The memory box. You stood up and tried to find the memory box. When you found it, you opened it and looked inside. Lots of polaroid pictures of you and Sunggyu. You smiled, remembering the person who had gave you the confidence to live. Then you stopped smiling as you saw a recorder. You pressed play.

"Annyeong, Minjung-ah!" You heard a cheerful voice. "Thank you for always coming to support us." You remembered that this is the recording of your confession. Even though you felt scared, but you listened anway.

"You're welcome.. Oppa, this is for you."

"Thank you, Minjung-ah. What's wrong?" 

"Sunggyu oppa, saranghaeyo."

You paused the recorder. You sighed, and decided to continue on.

"Thank you, na du saranghae!"

"Oppa, I'm not loving you as a fan, but I really do love you as a man."

"Oh I see."

"I know that you probably only see me as a fan. But, you are someone important to me. You encouraged me to live."

"Oh, I didn't know that you felt that way about me. Thank you for loving me, and sorry but I don't love you the same way."

"Wae?"

You paused the recorder again. Tears started to roll down your cheeks as you remember that moment. You didn't want to listen, but you played it again anyway.

"Because you're just a fan and you're fat. I don't like fat girls."

You still remember those words that were still so vivid to your mind. You can't help but started to cry like a baby.

"Hey, stop standing there and go to Dongwoo, there is still the last fan."

"Don't cry. Everything will be okay."

"Mianhae, oppa. I'll be going."

The recording stopped, but you still continued to cry on. Even though you cried, you closed the box and return it back to where it was and lay down on your bed. Crying made you tired and soon you fell asleep.


Miss me guys? I'm so sorry for not updating! I'm glad that you're still subscribing to this story. I was so busy this year but thankfully I can upload right now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2016!! WEE^^

First of all, I realized that the friend's name is Hani lol, please note that I did not refer this character to Hani from EXID as I knew them just recently. Also I was pretty glad for not updating after a year, so I'd know that INFINITE's comeback was BAD, plus Sunggyu had a solo. So that's great for the story! Hope I'd be able to update more^^

Thanks~