Phone

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

The moment you went out of the room, you called Hani.

“YA! HOW DID IT GO?” You knew she was so curious that she couldn’t hide it. She had always been impatient.

“Hey!! I just finished meeting them okay? I called you immediately after that!”

“Okay, okay. Sorry. So how did it go?” Finally, she sort of calmed down.

“Well, for the most part, they didn’t recognize me.” You told her feeling relieved.

“That’s great, then! How’s Sunggyu?”

“Wait, why are you asking me that? Didn’t you go to their recent fanmeeting?” You were confused with Hani’s question.

“Uhh… Yeah, I did go, but I went there for Woohyun. And besides, I want to know your opinion about Sunggyu. Did he change or anything?”

“I’m not sure what you mean by change, but he got a lot colder. I didn’t see that bright side of him like the last time he had. Maybe because he is tired, but I don’t know.”

“So, did anything happen?” It was sort of weird that she was so curious about what had happened, but she had always been that way so you put that thought away.

“Basically, we only introduced ourselves, since I pretended not to know them and stuff.” Then you remembered Sunggyu’s face and the member’s reaction. “Actually, there was something weird. When I told them my full name, Sunggyu looked like he recognized that name, like he actually wanted to meet me. But it was just for a moment, so I don’t want to think it like that.”

“That’s right, don’t think about it that way, he was the one that rejected you.”

“Yeah, but the weird thing is, the other members were arguing whether I am the fan that they know or a different person. Then when Hoya asked the members about my old appearance, Sunggyu was angry. He told the others to stop and not talk about me that way. Isn’t that weird?”

“Yeah, that’s weird. Minjung-ah, don’t think about it. He’s weird, okay?”

“Okay, but I’m still going to think about it anyway.” You said honestly.

“I know. Hey, why don’t we meet up tonight? I’ll treat.” You can tell she’s really excited. You still didn’t have much work anyway, so you decided to accept the offer.

“Call!” You replied with excitement

“Okay! See you later!”

“See you.” The phone call ended. You sighed, time for work.


6:00pm

Finally, work was over. After meeting INFINITE, you couldn’t focus on your work. All you were thinking about was Sunggyu. You kept on replaying the scene where he was angry, over and over again. You couldn’t understand why he would react like that. It was distracting that you didn’t know why, and that made you frustrated. You put that aside for a while and went to meet Hani.

 

“Hey! How’s work?” You asked naturally, since you sincerely wanted to know.

“It’s great, same as usual. Not so fun, ‘cause I couldn’t meet my Woohyun.” She replied while pouting.

“Are you dating Woohyun?” You asked in confusion, but also curious at the same time.

“No~” She replied gleefully. “Maybe soon? I don’t know yet.”

“Ya! Why didn’t you tell me anything about it?” You joked, but at the same time you felt betrayed.

“I’m not a good friend if I just tell you good things about INFINITE when Sunggyu hurt you like that.” You were touched that she had always been thinking about you all this time.

“I know, thanks for that. But it’s okay, I want to catch up with what happened.” So you listened to what Hani said. She talked a lot about how she went to all of INFINITE’s concerts and fanmeetings and they became closer. But Woohyun didn’t have time to exchange phone numbers, so they never got the chance to meet in their own time. While you were listening to her story, you got a message from an unknown number.

 

7:47 pm, 20 JAN 2015

Annyeong noona^^ I’m Sungjong from INFINITE, just texting so that you know my number.

 

You were really surprised. How did Sungjong know your number?

“Who is it from?” Hani asked, because your face looked shocked.

“Sungjong…” You said still not believing what is happening.

“Sungjong… Lee Sungjong? INFINITE maknae Sungjong?” Hani was surprised and also excited at the same time.

“Yeah…” You were still shocked so you were speechless.

“Let me see~” Hani begged while pouting her lips. You showed the message to her. “You’re so lucky, Minjung-ah.” You can tell that she really was jealous of you, so you felt kind of bad for her. More texts came in from Dongwoo, L, Hoya, Sungyeol, and even Woohyun. When Hani saw Woohyun’s text, she begged you for his number, saying that she would do anything for you. She was so persistent that you gave up and gave her his number.

“Ya! But don’t contact him now. Then he’ll know that I gave you his number. Just contact him tomorrow, okay?” You said making sure.

“Okay, okay. Gomawo, chinguya!” She was so happy and grateful that you gave her his number. As long as she was happy, you were happy too. Isn’t that what friends are for?

“No problem.” Both of you continued eating.

“But Sunggyu didn’t text you anything?” Hani asked making sure that she won’t hurt my feelings. The truth is, you had been hoping that he would text you something. You didn’t know why but you expected him to text you, just like all the other members.

“Nope. I guess he just doesn’t like me whatever my appearance is.” You didn’t know why you said that. You started to become sad again.

“Ya! Lee Minjung! Why are you sad? Who’s Sunggyu that he can make you sad?” Seeing your sad face, made Hani sad too.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know, Hani-ya. I don’t know why I’m sad just because he doesn’t text me anything.” You confessed truthfully. Tears start to flow down your face and you started to sob.

“Minjung-ah, are you still in love with him?” Hani wanted to make sure.

“I don’t know.” You really didn’t know. You thought you’ve moved on. But when you met him again, those feelings just came rushing back. You just cried harder.

“Hey, don’t cry. Even if you didn’t move on, it’s okay. I’m not going to judge you. I’m going to support you, but I just don’t want you to get hurt again. So, just take your time slowly. Don’t rush everything. If you ever need anything, just tell me okay. Everything will be fine. I’m sure.” She hugged you and patted your back, trying to calm you down. You started to stop crying, though you were still sobbing.

“Thank you, Hani-ya. You’re the best.” You smiled as you stopped crying. You had to go home so you said goodbye and walked home.


You sighed. It’s 10pm. You didn’t know what to do so you went downstairs to watch TV. You came upon a drama and started to watch it. It was a drama about a couple that has to break up because the boy had to study overseas. He didn’t want to, but he had no choice since he wanted the girl to live her own life. He didn’t want her to wait for him, not knowing when he’ll come back. Unknowingly, a tear escaped your eyes and you started to sob. You were too focused on the drama that you became surprised when your phone rang. You checked and it’s an unknown number. While turning the volume of the TV down, you answered the phone.

“Hello?” You asked, but you were still focused on the drama.

“Hello. Sorry for calling you at this time.” You weren’t really paying attention to who was talking as you were too focused on the drama.

“It’s okay.” You replied. It was reaching the of the drama, the saddest scene. You started to sob. You didn’t realize that the person on the phone is still listening to your sobs.

“Are you okay?” He asked sounding worried. Your sobs became worst as the drama ended.

“Yes, I’m fine.” You were still sobbing, but the drama is over so you turned off the TV. “Sorry, I was watching a sad drama, who is this?” You realized you didn’t know who was calling.

“I’m Sunggyu from INFINITE.” Your heart skipped a beat. What? You hadn’t expected a phone call from him.

“Oh, ne.” Feeling awestruck, that was all you could say. Then there was the awkward silence. You felt like you had to say something so you asked, “How did you get my phone number?”

“Ah, right. I asked one of the workers at WEAR for your number. I think that most of the members had already messaged you. I wanted to make sure they didn’t say anything weird.” He was kind of cute.

“No, they didn’t.” There was the awkward silence again, so you said. “Well, I have to go so good night.”

“Wait.” He said as you were about to end the phone call. “I wanted to apologize on behalf of INFINITE for what happened earlier during our meeting.”

“What happened?” You weren’t exactly sure what he was referring to.

“When the members thought you were someone else.”

“Oh, that’s okay. A lot of people said that to me, so that’s fine.” You were surprised that Sunggyu actually said that. Well, he had always been a good leader.

“Thanks for understanding.”

“No problem.”

“Good night and see you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow.” The call ended.

Your heart was beating so hard that you thought you were going to have a heart attack. You were so happy just because he called you. Somehow, you knew that you haven’t moved on. His kindness, had made your feelings grow back again. Of course you like him, but you’re feelings are like a fan’s. You enjoy watching him from a distance. You didn’t want to get closer to him. You didn’t want to get hurt because of him for the second time.


Thanks for the new subscribers!! YAY!

Here's an update, I hope you like the story so far.

So since this story is going to focus on Sunggyu. I would most likely be skipping some of the member's parts since I don't want to make this story too long.

Anyway, comment below on what you think of the story

Any thoughts on what will happen?

And I was wondering if you guys need a Sunggyu's POV?

vvvvvvvvvv COMMENT vvvvvvvvvvvvvv