White Day pt. 1

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

Ever since Valentine’s Day, Hani and Woohyun had become closer as they have started dating. They also became even cheesier. Although it’s like that, they have kept dating a secret from other people, especially from INFINITE. Even so, Hani told me every progress they made, not leaving out anything. Not only Hani and Woohyun but Sunggyu and I were getting closer too. We started to meet a lot and I was happy to spend more time with him. A month later passed and it was White Day. It was the day when boys are supposed to return gifts that the girls had given them during Valentine’s Day. It’s sort of like repaying what the girls gave. On this day I was walking with Hani while accompanying her waiting for her date with Woohyun.

 

“Ya! Why are you asking me to wait for your date with Woohyun?” I jokingly asked her in an annoyed tone.

 

“Don’t be mad, Minjung-ah,” Hani started pouting, showing her aegyo. I tried to hide my smile still pretending to be mad.

 

“Of course I’m mad! Now I feel that being single is really depressing.” I crossed my arms and looked away from her.

 

“Ah really sorry Minjung-ah. Then you can just date Sunggyu!” Hani said louder than she should.

 

“Ya! Shh!” I put my index finger in front of my lips. “Don’t be so loud about it.”

 

“I’m right, right? You can just go date Sunggyu.” Hani started to tease me. I couldn’t help that my cheeks started to blush and I was trying to hide my smile.

 

“Aniya…” I gave up and smiled for a while. Then I sighed.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hani asked.

 

“I think we got closer but we’re just friends, you know? Nothing more.”

 

“Hey.” Hani patted my back and tried to console me. “It’s okay. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t know.”

 

“I really don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not? But then again I’m really trying to not expect anything.” I sighed again. Hani hugged me.

 

“It’s okay, Minjung-ah. Whatever happens, I’ll always be here with you.” Hani patted my back again.

 

“Gomawo, Hani-ya.” I smiled as I realized how lucky I was to have such a nice best friend who understands. I hugged her tighter and she hugged me tighter too. Then suddenly I heard a man’s voice called out from behind.

 

“Hani-ya!” I was frozen because I knew who that voice was. Nam Woohyun. I could feel that Hani was frozen too. “Ya! You should’ve told me that you were bringing your friend along…” His voice trailed along as both of us turned around to face him.

 

“Minjung-ssi..?” Woohyun asked me.

 

“Woohyun-ah..” Hani called out to him. He was too surprised to say anything. I was also surprised to see him that I couldn’t say anything.

 

“W-Why are you and Hani together?” Woohyun stuttered but managed to ask the question that was in his mind. He looked a bit angry which made Hani start to worry.

 

 

“We.. I..” Hani was confused and worried as she kept on looking at me. “I can expl-”

 

“I’m that Lee Minjung.” I confessed without thinking. It was a tough decision but I really didn’t want to make it hard for Hani anymore. And a part of me also didn’t want to lie anymore. “The one who confessed to Kim Sunggyu 3 years ago.”

 

“W.. Wha… What?” Woohyun stuttered in disbelief. He was starting to get mad. I avoided his eyes and looked down.

 

“I’m sorry for not saying anything.” I apologized to him. I knew that if I didn’t, he would be even madder. But he was still mad. He wasn’t looking at me but he was looking at Hani.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked Hani in a fierce tone. I was confused why Woohyun would be mad at Hani. But Hani knew from his eyes that he was hurt. “Is our trust too little?”

 

“No, it’s not like that, Woohyun-ah. I can exp-” Hani was pleading to Woohyun but he cut her off.

 

“That’s enough.” After he said that, he ran and left both of us astounded. I could feel that Hani’s tears were about to cry.

 

“Mianhae Hani-ya, I didn’t know something like this could happen.” I felt really guilty for ruining their perfectly fine relationship.

 

No it’s okay, Minjung-ah. It’s not your fault.” She looked down. I could tell she was holding back her tears.

 

 

“Go.” I told her as she looked up. “Go catch him.” She looked confused.

 

“What?” 

 

“Go to him and explain everything.” I gestured her to go. She still looked confused. “Just go.”

 

I pushed her and she ran towards Woohyun’s direction. I could only pray that everything would be fine again.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Hani caught up to Woohyun and tried calling his name several times to no avail. Then she shouted Woohyun’s name.

 

“NAM WOOHYUN!!!” Woohyun turned around and slowed down. Other people started to look at him too as they realized that he was INFINITE’s Woohyun. Some girls started to chase him around too. He had no choice but to stop. He started to smile at the girls chasing him and greeting them. Hani knew her plan had worked and she waited for him at the sidelines. Woohyun signed some things from the girls and also took a few pictures with them. After they were done, the girls skipped away happily. Hani walked towards Woohyun.

 

“Ya! Nam Woohyun! How is it that you stop for your fans but not for me?” Hani tried to joke as she pretended to be offended.

 

“Hey! I’m the one who’s supposed to be mad!” He couldn’t accept that Hani was feeling offended because of that.

 

“Mianhae, oppa.” Hani sincerely apologized. She bowed to him and stayed looking down.

 

“I’ll forgive you if you answer my question first.” Hani looked up. “Why didn’t you tell me anything?”

 

“I wanted to, really. But Minjung-ah didn’t want INFINITE to know so I couldn’t do anything about it. She’s my best friend so I have to respect her wishes too.” Hani looked really panicked as she didn’t know whether her explanation was enough or not. Her eyes were pleading Woohyun to forgive her.

 

Woohyun only looked at her at first, then his lips curled and he ruffled her hair. “Okay I forgive you.”

 

“Really?” Hani asked not believing what Woohyun said.

 

“Really.” Woohyun patted her head. “As I was running, I was thinking a lot and I realized that there must have been a reason for you not to tell me. That’s because I trust that you won’t keep secrets from me.”

 

“Gomawo, oppa.” Hani smiled and looked at Woohyun’s eyes. “Don’t worry. I love you too much to keep any secrets from you.”

 

Woohyun smiled back and pulled Hani into a hug. “I love you too.”

 

“But oppa, you have to talk to Minjung-ah first. And don’t tell any of the INFINITE members about this.” Hani reminded. Woohyun pulled away from the hug.

 

“Okay, I’m going to meet her later anyway.” Woohyun smiled.

 

“What for?” Hani asked.

 

“I have to return her White Day present.” Hani frowned cutely.

 

“What about mine?” She was pouting, giving her aegyeo to Woohyun.

 

“Here’s yours.” Woohyun pulled out a small velvet box and opened it. Inside there are two silver rings. Each ring has ‘WH ♥ HN’ engraved on it. “One for you, one for me.”

 

Hani was surprised. She hadn’t expect him to buy couple rings. She cried out of joy, “I love you, Nam Woohyun.”

 

“I love you too, Kim Hani.” Woohyun said as he slid the ring on her fourth finger. She slid the other ring to Woohyun’s fourth finger.

 

“Gomawo.” He smiled as she smiled back at him.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞  

 

I walked around the streets aimlessly. I sighed. I realized that it was wrong for me to make Hani lie to her boyfriend. I kept on looking down at my feet as I was walking. Suddenly my phone rang. I took out my phone and saw that it was from Sunggyu. I picked up the phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked as I wonder why he was calling me right now.

 

“Minjung-ah.” Sunggyu said as I stopped walking. I don’t know how he does it but he always manages to make my heart thumping in everything he does. So, once again my heart beats faster for him. “What are you doing?”

 

“Right now?” I wasn’t sure whether I should tell him that I was walking around aimlessly or not.

 

“Yeah, right now.” 

 

Umm.. I-I’m just walking around.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Why?” 

 

“I want to meet you.” Again he made my heart thumped.

 

“Why?” I was happy but again I was confused at why he would want to meet me.

 

“Just wanted to meet my friend.” I knew it was nothing special, but deep down I was disappointed. “Where are you now?”

 

“Uhh..” I looked around and realized I didn’t recognize any of my surroundings. I muttered, “Where am I?”

 

But he probably heard it. “Are you lost?” He sounded a bit worried.

 

“I think I’m in Myeongdong. There are a lot of cafes here but I haven’t been in this area so I’m not sure.” I really wasn’t sure where I am right now. The last thing I remember was meeting Hani in Myeongdong but this here was an unfamiliar place to me.

 

Geez why do you always have to pick crowded places?” He joked with me.

 

“Why? Do you want me to move then?” I was annoyed at his joke.

 

“No, that’s fine. I think I know where you are. Just stay there. If you move then you’ll get even more lost. I’ll come find you.” Then he hung up. I sighed. I guess I’ll just stay where I am, or walk around in this area.

 

I started to walk around the area and I do realize there are a lot of cafes here, and a lot of unique cafes too. But then I realized that there are a lot of couples here too. I suddenly feel so out of place as I was alone. I decided to sit down on a bench at the side of the street and took my phone out. I didn’t want to look at the other couples so I played a game on my phone. I was really having fun with my phone that I didn’t realize someone was sitting beside me and staring at me. I looked away from my phone as I was stretching and I realized that Sunggyu was right beside me. He was wearing a white hoodie and ripped jeans while wearing a hat to cover his face. I was surprised and I looking at him as he was looking at me. Our eyes locked into each others’ in silence for a while. Then I realized that it was really awkward so I looked away.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were here, Oppa?” I asked him as he was still silent.

 

“How can I tell you when you were having fun playing that game?” He teased me and I pouted.

 

“You could’ve just told me and I’d stop.” I muttered.

 

“Minjung-ah, why did you have to be in Myeongdong where it’s always crowded?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“Why? What’s wrong with being here?” I was confused.

 

“A lot. One, why do you have to make me meet you in crowded places like this? I’m an idol you know.” He sounded overconfident.

 

“I didn’t ask you to meet me. You’re the one who wanted to. Why did you want to meet me anyway?” I was offended that he was blaming me for going to Myeongdong.

 

“Well, since you’re single, I knew you were going to be alone so I decided I’ll accompany you for the whole day today.” I squinted my eyes at him, wondering what he meant. “You’re sitting down amidst all these couples by yourself playing a game.” 

 

“I was doing that because you told me to stay here and wait for you.” I was annoyed that he had to put it that way. It’s a fact, but it still hurts though.

 

“Anyway, I’ll accompany you so that you won’t seem odd.” He smiled and that melted my heart.

 

“Okay.” I nodded quietly.

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

“Nowhere in particular,” I told him the truth. I didn’t really have any plans for the day. “What about you, oppa?”

 

“Hmm..” I could tell he was thinking really hard. “Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

 

I was surprised by his sudden question, it was really random. “N-no.. Why?”

 

“Me too. Then how about we experience how it feels like to have boyfriend and a girlfriend? Like a first date?” I was taken aback at his proposal. I really didn’t expect this coming. He must have looked at my surprised face and added, “Or we could do a friend date?”

 

I was confused at what he said but I was a bit happy that he proposed something for us to do together today. “If you want to, we could try having a first date..” I said carefully. He looked happy and in my heart, I was jumping for joy.

 

“Let’s go then.” He stood up and grabbed my wrist, then dragged me along the streets.

 


Okay so, this is quite a long update... I didn't realize that I had written too much for a chapter so I divided it into two parts.

Enjoy~