Japan Promotions

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

Happy Halloween guys! Have you seen Sunggyu and Dongwoo with Halloween makeup? (check it out on @ifnt7official on instagram).

Again I realized that I’ve gotten the dates mixed up but I’m too lazy to change the flow of the story as I have written the rest of the story. It’s going to be complicated if I try to fit in the dates but I am doing my best to make the story flow so I hope you guys liked it.

And this chapter's fluffy too~

 


 

After White Day, INFINITE became busier. They prepared for a comeback in Japan and promoted there for a week. Actually, the song hasn’t been released yet but they were promoting it before it was released.

 

It was hard for me to meet Sunggyu as he was also busy recording his solo album. Even though it was quite hard for me to talk to Sunggyu, I knew that Woohyun had been spending most of his leisure time to call Hani. I can’t believe that the other members still didn’t know that Woohyun is dating. That week was one of the longest weeks for both Hani and me.

 

“Minjung-ah I really miss my Woohyun!” Hani pouted and drank a cup of soju. She had called me out to accompany her drink alcohol as she was really sad not being able to meet her boyfriend. I only sighed. I guess she’s just moody because she’s on her period. She looked at me with her pleading eyes and poured soju into her cup. She was about to drink again when I grabbed her wrists. She was taken aback.

 

“Don’t drink too much, Hani-ya. You’ll get sick.” I told her calmly. Then she started to cry. I started patting her back and tried to console her between her sobs, “It’ll be okay. It’ll be okay.”

 

It had only been the first day since they went to Japan. I sighed. If every day was going to be like this, I don’t think I can stand it anymore. I looked at the pitiful Hani and sighed again.

 

“Let’s go home, Hani-ya. It’s already late.” I brought Hani to her home. She passed out as soon as I laid her on her bed. Then I went home. I took a shower and prepared for going to bed. As I had climbed up to my bed and was about to sleep, I remembered that I need to do something about this. So I decided to text Woohyun.

 

11:23 PM

Woohyun, there is something important you must know about your girlfriend. Just now she got drunk and cried saying that she misses you. As a boyfriend, you should be responsible about her feelings. Please do something about it. - Lee Minjung

 

I chuckled. The things I do for my best friend. Then there was a reply.

 

11:25 PM

Seriously?? But I just called her this morning though.. I guess she’s probably on her period. - Nam Woohyun

 

11:26 PM

Even if she may be on her period, you still have to be responsible as her boyfriend. Do you really not understand a woman’s heart? - Lee Minjung

 

11:27 PM

Arasseo, arasseo. I’ll make sure she doesn’t get depressed like that again. What about you? Do you miss Sunggyu hyung? Do you want me to tell him? -Nam Woohyun

 

I was surprised at what Woohyun sent me. I was panicking and started to type really fast because I was scared.

 

11:28 PM

ANDWAEEE!!! PLEASE DON’T!! I beg youuu!! - Lee Minjung

 

11:29 PM

Too late, I told him already :P  - Nam Woohyun

 

Oh no. Why did Woohyun have to do that to me? This is so embarrassing! How am I supposed to face Sunggyu now?

 

11:30 PM

When I meet you, you’re dead. - Lee Minjung

 

After sending that text to Woohyun, he didn’t answer as fast as he had done so far. Maybe he was scared of my text. I decided I was going to sleep and forget about it, but then I received a text message.

 

11:38 PM

Minjung, I miss you so much ♥ ♥ - Kim Sunggyu

 

I looked at the text and blinked twice, testing whether it was only my imagination or whether it was real. It was definitely real. I was thinking of a response to write but Sunggyu had called me. I panicked as I was afraid of what he’s going to say. I took a deep breath and picked up the phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked slowly.

 

“Minjung-ah! Don’t read the text message I just sent you. I didn’t write it. Woohyun took my phone and wrote it and sent it to you. Just ignore it.” I could hear from the tone that Sunggyu was panicking. I was slightly disappointed with what he said but I had expected it. I laughed.

 

“It’s okay, oppa.” I decided I should just while I can. “Do you really miss me?”

 

“Why are you asking me that? I told you it was Woohyun who wrote it.” Hearing Sunggyu’s voice like that made me laugh.

 

“You don’t miss me? I miss you though..” I again. But I was only telling the truth.

 

“Of course I miss you!” I was surprised with what he said. I could hear voices in the background teasing him for what he just said. I heard Sunggyu shushing them. “Minjung-ah, what are you doing?”

 

“I was just about to sleep. Why?”

 

“No. I was afraid that I disturbed your sleep or something.” I smiled. He really does take good care of people. “Okay then just go sleep. Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

“Sweet dreams.” He was so cute. Why does everything he say always make me smile like I’m crazy?

 

“Okay.” I hung up. I rolled around my bed in joy. That phone call made me really happy. I was going to sleep but I remembered I had to text Woohyun.

 

11:50 PM

You’re really dead. - Lee Minjung

 

11:51 PM

Aren’t you happy that he called you though? It’s all thanks to me! - Nam Woohyun

 

I laughed. Well, what he says does make sense. It was all thanks to him. But I didn’t want to acknowledge that.

 

11:51 PM

You’re still dead. - Lee Minjung

 

Then I went to sleep.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

 

Ever since that night, Hani had never asked me out for a drink. She was happy because Woohyun had been calling her whenever he can. While Sunggyu, he started to call me every night. It wasn’t that long but it has always been short and sweet. It goes along the lines of this:

 

“Minjung-ah, what are you doing?” I could sense the tiredness in his voice.

 

“I’m just talking with you. What about you, oppa?”

 

“Same.” There would be silence, but it’s not the awkward type. In fac,t it’s more of the comfortable type.

 

“Oppa, you’re tired right?” I wanted him to rest as much as he can.

 

“Hmm..” I smiled. I knew he was about to drift off to sleep.

 

“Good night, oppa! Sleep well.”

 

“Good night, Minjung-ah.” Then the phone call would end. Even though it might not be much, it made me happy and would always give me a good night’s sleep and sweet dreams.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked my phone up.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked sleepily.

 

“Minjung-ah, let’s go to Japan!!” I heard Hani’s cheerful voice on the other side.

 

“Hmm…” I wasn’t focusing on what she said as I had just woken up. It took a moment for me to realize what she had just said. “What?”

 

“I said let’s go to Japan! Geez are your ears starting to get older?” Hani teased me because I couldn't understand what she said the first time.

 

“Ya! It’s your fault for calling me early in the morning. I just woke up you know?” 

 

“I know. That’s why let’s go!!” She had really set her mind to go to Japan.

 

“Why do you want to go to Japan?” I questioned her ridiculous idea.

 

“I want to watch M!Countdown x KCON in Japan. Infinite will be there..” I sighed.

 

“Just go, then.” I told her. “Don’t drag me with you.”

 

“Did you forget our bet?” I have forgotten all about it.

 

“Oh right…” I didn’t really want to go but I’ve promised her already. I sighed. “Okay let’s go then.”

 

“Yay!! Should I tell Woohyun or surprise him instead?”

 

“I think we should tell him, if we are going together. It’ll be easier to meet him too if he knows.” Actually, another reason why I wanted him to know was to make sure the other INFINITE members doesn’t know. 

 

“Okay then! I’ll be calling Woohyun. Let’s meet up later.” She hung up and called Woohyun.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

 

“Woohyun can give us two tickets to also visit backstage!” Hani said when we had met later that day. Hani was really excited to meet Woohyun. I can only smile at her.

 

“Okay let’s go buy the plane tickets first then.” In the end, I ended up buying the plane tickets with Hani. I was going to Japan. This was supposed to be some sort of vacation, but a part of me felt restless. That night I called Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun?” I asked making sure that the other person is Nam Woohyun.

 

“Minjung-ah? This is Sunggyu. Woohyun’s not here right now.” I was startled to find that Sunggyu had picked up Woohyun’s phone. “What’s going on?”

 

“No, it’s fine. Can you tell him to return my call once he’s back?”

 

“Don’t worry, I will.” Sunggyu reassured me.

 

“Thanks!” I was about to hang up the phone, but he called me back.

 

“Wait wait! How are you?” I smiled knowing that Sunggyu does care for me.

 

“I’m fine, how about you?”

 

“I’m fine too.” Again there was the comfortable silence. It’s always there every time we call. “When I come back, let’s meet up. I’ll be busy soon so I might not be able to meet you then. That’s why.”

 

“Sure! I’m going to have to design your clothes anyway so I’ll still meet you, oppa. Don’t worry.”

 

Oh right..” Then I heard some voices in the background. “Woohyun’s here. I’m giving the phone to him.”

 

“Minjung?” I could hear Woohyun’s voice on the other side of the phone.

 

“Woohyun?” I asked for confirmation.

 

“Yes. What’s up?” Woohyun asked casually.

 

“You heard from Hani right? We’ll be going to Japan.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. What’s wrong?”

 

Umm.. Can you keep it a secret from the others?” I requested, hoping that he’d comply. “Especially Sunggyu?”

 

“Of course I will!” Woohyun was sure. Then he said in a lower voice, “I haven’t told them I’m dating Hani.”

 

“Oh, that’s why.” I wasn’t surprised but well it was for the best so I have no problems. “Please don’t tell them.”

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” Woohyun reassured me and I was relieved.

 

“Thanks! Ok I’ll let you call Hani.” I told him.

 

“Yup! And I’ll let you call Sunggyu hyung!” Woohyun said this louder than he should which made me hear Sunggyu’s annoyed voice directed at him. I laughed and hung up. Soon after, I saw a text message.

 

10:58 PM

Good night, sleep tight and sweet dreams~  - Kim Sunggyu

 

I smiled at the text I received. He is definitely cute.

 

10:59 PM

Good night and sleep well~  - Lee Minjung

 

That said, I hope everything goes well.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

April 22, 2015

M!Countdown x KCON JAPAN

Saitama Super Arena

 

Wow there are so many people here.” I looked around me in awe. “The Japanese must really love K-pop right?”

 

“They must really love K-pop!” Hani smiled as she followed the audience cheering. I smiled and followed the audience. We watched from the beginning until the end where INFINITE performed “Back”, “Shower”, and “Paradise”. I can’t help but smile at how synchronized their dance moves are, earning the hearts of their fans. Once they were done, Hani ushered me to quickly go backstage. I followed her to go backstage.

 

“OMG! Aren’t INFINITE so awesome before?” Hani asked me starting to fangirl over the seven boys.

 

“I know right! It’s been a long time since I saw them live but they’re still synchronized.” I started to bring out my inner INSPIRIT.

 

Yeah they are!! I can’t get enough of Woohyun’s voice.” Hani was imagining her boyfriend’s voice.

 

“Sunggyu’s voice is better!” I teased Hani as we walked through the doors looking for INFINITE’s room.

 

“No, Woohyun is better.” Hani teased me and ran away from me.

 

“Ya!” I shouted and chased after Hani. As we were having fun chasing each other, we didn’t realize that there were people in front of us. Hani ran into Sungyeol who was standing in front of Dongwoo, Hoya, L, Sungjong. I was frozen. Hani was surprised too.

 

“Hani?” Sungyeol asked. “What are you doing here?”

 

Before Hani was able to answer Sungyeol’s question, Dongwoo asked, “Minjung, why are you here?”

 

Hani went over to look at me as I looked back at her. I knew that she didn’t know what to do or say. I also didn’t know what to do or say as I looked at Hani. Suddenly Woohyun came out of a room.

 

“Wait for me guys..” He looked at s and then looked at us. Then he realized the situation. He quickly went over to us. “Oh you guys are here.”

 

“Hyung, what do you mean?” L asked trying to decipher what is happening.

 

“I’ll tell you later, let’s get out of here first.” Woohyun told the other members.

 

“Why, hyung? Just tell us now.” Hoya said as the others also looked at Woohyun with pleading eyes.

 

“Not here.” Woohyun told them and started to gesture everyone to quickly go away when suddenly the door opens and Sunggyu comes out. Woohyun quickly put his hands on Hani and my head signalling us to duck. We ducked our heads while the INFINITE members were hiding our bodies.

 

“Hyung, what’s up?” Woohyun tried to act natural. From behind, I saw that Woohyun was pinching the other members telling them to keep quiet.

 

“You guys are still here?” Sunggyu asked without realizing that we were here. “Just go back to the hotel first. I need to go outside and discuss some things with manager hyung.”

 

The members nodded and bid him farewell.He went past the members with the manager as the other members moved to hide both me and Hani. I was thankful that they did that. When Sunggyu had gone out of sight, Woohyun gave us the signal to stand up and we stood up.

 

“Let’s all talk about this somewhere else.” Woohyun told all of us and we all went to find somewhere else to talk. INFINITE had already changed out of their performance costumes into their casual clothes so we directly went to a cafe and sit together around the table.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

 

“So, can someone explain why Hani and Minjung are together here in Japan?” Sungjong asked breaking the awkward silence between us all. I felt like I’ve made a mistake so I could only look down at the table. I could see that Hani and Woohyun were avoiding the eyes of the other members.

 

“Hyung, please explain what’s going on.” Hoya was starting to get impatient.

 

“This Minjung is the same Minjung that was our INSPIRIT right?” I was surprised at L’s deduction. Woohyun and Hani was also shocked. “That’s why she was together with Hani, right?”

 

From the corner of my eyes, I could see that Hani and Woohyun were looking at me. I cleared my throat and looked at the expectant members.

 

“Yes, that’s right.” Everyone gasped. Except for L, they were all surprised at my sudden confession. Woohyun and Hani didn’t say anything.

 

“Woohyun, did you know about this already?” Dongwoo asked realizing how quiet he is.

 

“Yeah..” Woohyun said quietly. 

 

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell us?” Sungjong asked feeling a bit hurt.

 

“Sorry, I had to keep it a secret.” Woohyun couldn’t look at s so he looked at Hani and me.

 

“I’m sorry for lying to you guys.” I felt bad so I apologized to INFINITE. “I didn’t do it because it would be awkward if I had told you guys who I am.”

 

“Well, actually it’ll only be awkward because of Sunggyu hyung. But it’s not awkward for us.” Sungyeol reassured me.

 

“Thank you.” I was touched because they understood.

 

“Wait, so how were you able to go backstage?” L was always so suspicious at everything, I wasn’t even surprised anymore. I stayed silent as it was not my right to say anything. I could see that Hani was nervous.

 

“Umm…” Hani was in a dilemma as she shouldn’t say anything about her relationship with Woohyun. Her hands kept on trembling. I felt bad that I couldn’t do anything, but I know that soon enough they’ll find out.

 

“Actually, I’m dating Hani.” Woohyun confessed to the members. Again they were surprised at the sudden confession. Hani looked at Woohyun confused. “Please don’t tell Sunggyu and manager hyung.” 

 

“Please don’t tell Sunggyu oppa about me too.” I quickly told them to make sure they didn’t say anything.

 

Okay, we won’t.” Dongwoo said.

 

“I still can’t believe what’s happening right now.” Hoya said honestly.

 

“How are you Minjung?” Dongwoo asked softly.

 

“Yeah, you’re really different from then.” Sungyeol said. I chuckled.

 

“I guess being rejected motivated me to go on a diet.” I said jokingly. They must have felt bad for reminding me of the past.

 

“We’re really sorry for what Sunggyu hyung said back then.” Dongwoo said.

 

“Sunggyu hyung doesn’t mean it like that. He just isn’t good at showing his true intentions.” Woohyun told them. I think he must be hiding something. I looked at him expecting that he might know something. He realized that I was looking at him and said, “I mean that’s just the type of person hyung is.”

 

“That’s right. Sunggyu hyung is always right that.” Hoya added. Then we all dropped the topic. We talked about other things and laughed with each other. It was nice to be able to talk with them again as friends, without hiding anything. I was at ease, and I knew that Hani was also at ease.