Valentine's Day

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

In South Korean culture, Valentine’s Day has been a very popular day for girls to confess their love to their crush. Usually, girls would make special chocolates for the ones they love, which became a tradition every year. Hani had forced me to accompany her make Valentines’ chocolates for Woohyun. She told me she was definitely going to confess to Woohyun while giving her special chocolate. So that’s why I had no choice to accompany her make chocolates. I thought I was going to her house to make the chocolates but instead Hani dragged me to the supermarket.

 

“You haven’t bought the ingredients yet?” I asked Hani as we walked to the supermarket.

 

“I forgot about it.” Hani was embarrassed by her clumsiness. “I fell asleep last night.”

 

“Ah, geurae.” I said. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Isn’t it normal for humans to fall asleep?

 

“Aren’t you going to make anything?” Hani asked changing the subject. I sighed.

 

“I won’t make any chocolate this year.”

 

Ah wae? Let’s make some together!” Hani pleaded.

 

“I don’t know who to give my chocolates to.” I lied. I knew who I wanted to give my chocolates to, but wouldn’t it be weird if I only gave chocolates to him?

 

“You can give them to Sunggyu.” Hani smiled as she teased me. “I know you want to give him chocolates.”

 

“Ya! Ani!! I don’t want to give him any chocolates.” I sulked. Hani always knew what was inside my mind. She knew everything that I always tried to hide.

 

“I know you do.” She becomes more serious-like. “That’s okay. I’ve told you before, if you like him again, it’s okay. Don’t try to hide it, just accept it. You can’t control whom you like, right? It’s not like there’s a button to it.” I sighed.

 

“I know, but it’s just that I’m really scared. I’m scared that he might treat me like the way he did last time. Or he’s nice to me because of my appearance. I’m scared of getting hurt again.” I told Hani what was on my chest.

 

“Right now, it might seem scary because of what happened last time. But, you don’t know what’s going to happen. Why are you so scared of what might happen, when there’s a possibility it won’t happen? When you’re scared, it’s tougher on you later on. Instead of being scared of the future, just enjoy the present as it is. Don’t make it hard on yourself.”

 

“Should I? Should I just forget everything and start a new? Should I just fall in love with Sunggyu?”

 

“You see, Minjung-ah. Instead of saying asking whether you should or not, why don’t you just follow your heart? If it beats hard for Sunggyu, then that’s your answer.” Hani’s really wise when it comes to love advice. That’s why I’ve always admired this side of her.

 

“Thank you, Hani-ya.” I smiled and hugged her. “You’re the best.”

 

“I know I am! So are you going to be making chocolates?” I knew Hani really wanted me to make some chocolates so that both of us can make them together.

 

“I’m going to.” I smiled as I saw Hani’s relieved face.

 

“So, are you making chocolates for Sunggyu?”

 

“I’m going to make chocolates for all of INFINITE.” I grinned at her, but she frowned.

 

“Ya! Don’t give any to my Woohyun.” I laughed because she was jealous about that.

 

“He’s not yours yet!” I put my tongue out as I teased Hani. She pouted cutely while she sulks around me.

 

“Don’t give any to him..” She was being really possessive even though he isn’t hers yet. I can’t help but give in to her jealous act.

 

“Okay. It would be weird if I gave everyone except him, so I’ll give him the least tasty one. How about that?” Hani nodded and started smiling. I smiled back. We continued shopping for ingredients and went to Hani’s house to make the chocolates. It was tough making them but we helped each other and we finally finished. We packed them all in cute packages and I went back to my house to refrigerate them for Valentine’s day.

 


 

February 14th, 2015

It’s finally Valentine’s Day. I realised that I haven’t given any chocolates to anyone since a very long time. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to feel about this. I guess I’m pretty excited to give out chocolates, but I’m definitely not confessing. I’m only giving chocolates as a symbol of friendship. Since I wanted to give the chocolates to INFINITE members, I decided to text their leader.

 

10:07 AM, 14 FEB 2015

Oppa, what’s INFINITE doing right now? - Lee Minjung

 

I smiled to myself, while waiting for his reply. I really can’t wait for their reactions. As I was imagining what would happen, a text message arrived.

 

10:15 AM, 14 FEB 2015

Right now we’re all in the practice room? Why? - Kim Sunggyu

 

I smiled. That’s great, it would be easier to give if they’re all in the same place.

 

10:16 AM, 14 FEB 2015

Where is it? I’ll come over^^ - Lee Minjung

 

10:17 AM, 14 FEB 2015

It’s at the Woollim Building, *********. - Kim Sunggyu

 

10:18 AM, 14 FEB 2015

Okay~ - Lee Minjung

 

I brought all the chocolates in my bag and head out to INFINITE’s dance practice room. Instead of riding a taxi, I decided to just walk to their office where their practice room is located. As I walked, I enjoyed my surroundings. The weather was really nice and since it’s Valentine’s Day, there were a lot of couples roaming around. I smiled looking at those couples as deep inside, I wished I had a boyfriend too. I sighed. Oh well, it doesn’t matter if I don’t have a boyfriend as long as I have the friends around me. I smiled to myself.

 

When I arrived at Woollim’s office, I could already hear music coming from the dance practice room. I walked towards the dance room and stood outside the door. I watched them dance through the glass on the door. I was amazed at them dancing. They hadn’t change at all. Their passion and determination to practice was the same as it was 3 years ago. I smiled to myself and watched until the song ends. All of them were drenched in sweat while panting.

 

“Good job everyone!” I clapped as I entered the room.

 

“Ya, were you watching all this time?” Sungyeol asked feeling with an annoyed tone.

 

“Yeah.” I laughed. It was funny looking at Sungyeol’s annoyed face.

 

“Then you should’ve just come inside.” Woohyun said. Everyone was nodding in agreement as they drank water.

 

“No, that’s okay.” I smiled. I looked at them one by one. It’s nice looking at them in their natural state. My eyes stopped at Sunggyu’s figure. Sunggyu’s hair was wet with sweat and he had a towel hanging around his neck. He looked so hot that my heart started beating faster. I smiled at him. He smiled back while walking towards me.

 

“Why did you suddenly come over?” Sunggyu asked. The other INFINITE members were also confused at your sudden appearance.

 

“This.” I showed them the chocolates that I brought. “Happy Valentines’ Day!” I grinned while distributing the chocolates to INFINITE members.

 

“Ah really? Thank you!” Sungjong wasn’t expecting any chocolates from me so he took the chocolates with a wide smile.

 

“Thank you! I think we all forgot about Valentine’s because we’re all single.” Hoya said reminding everyone of their singleness.

 

“Hyung! Well, actually what you said was right. Thanks!” Sungyeol was a bit mad at Hoya but then he realised that what Hoya said was right so he laughed.

 

“Thanks for the chocolates Minjung-ah, I’ll enjoy it.” Dongwoo said with a warm smile. I could tell that he was sincere.

 

“Thank you!” Myungsoo said with a cold city look.

 

“Thanks, Minjung-ah.” Woohyun said with a smile. Lastly, I gave the chocolates to Sunggyu.

 

“Thanks. I’ll eat it well.” Sunggyu gave me the smile that melted my heart. I smiled back at him.

 

“It might not taste so good because it’s homemade, but I do hope that you enjoy it!” I really wasn’t sure whether the taste was good or not but I hope that it is.

 

“We’re all really thankful for the chocolates, but I’m curious why are you giving it to us?” Myungsoo, who was usually quiet, questioned my intentions.

 

“Yeah, why are you giving it to us?” Sungjong asked innocently.

 

“Did you fall in love with us and became an INSPIRIT?” Sungyeol asked jokingly.

 

“No, these are friendship chocolates.” I replied them.

 

“Wait, does that mean you don’t love us?” Woohyun asked.

 

“I mean I do love you guys as friends. You’re one of the few friends I have that treats me well.” I was being honest. I started to remember the past. INFINITE must have seen my sad expression as they became confused. I realized what they were seeing and I smiled at them. “No, it’s nothing.”

 

We talked for a while and it turns out that INFINITE had finished practicing for the day. So Woohyun quickly left saying that he had some personal errands. I knew that he was going to meet Hani, but the other members didn’t so I didn’t say anything. The other members started to work on other things and left the room. Only Sunggyu and I were left in the room. There was an awkward silence for a moment.

 

“Minjung-ah, really thank you for the chocolates. I didn’t expect to receive any chocolates from a friend.” He suddenly told me breaking the silence.

 

“No, it’s okay, Oppa.” I smiled at him. “I really think of INFINITE as close friends.”

 

“Thanks.” He smiled at me. Then we talked about a lot of things together. It was a nice picture. Sunggyu and I, talking to each other. I wanted to cherish this moment in my memory forever.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

 

Hani was waiting for Woohyun in front of a cafe. She came earlier because she was really excited to confess her feelings to Woohyun. As time flies by, she starts to get nervous.

 

“I like you, Woohyun oppa.” Hani started to practice her confession by herself. “No, no, no. That’s not good. It sounds too awkward.”

 

Hani sounded really stressed out as she really doesn’t know how to confess to someone. “How about, ‘Woohyun oppa, you stole my heart so can I take yours?’” Hani had goosebumps. “No, this is way too cheesy.”

 

While Hani was practicing her confession, she was unaware that Woohyun had been watching her all this time. Woohyun couldn’t stand how cute Hani is so he walked over to Hani.

 

“What are you doing?” Woohyun looked at Hani with a wide smile.

 

“Nothing, oppa.” Hani looked down trying to avoid his eyes as she was embarrassed.

 

“Ah really?” Woohyun was having fun pretending not to know anything. He decided he was going to pretend not to know anything.

 

“Let’s go, oppa.” Hani ushered Woohyun to walk with her. As they walked side by side, Hani’s hands kept on brushing Woohyun’s hands.

 

“Oppa, we’ve known each other for a while right? Just like how our hands keep on brushing with each other, can we hold each other’s hearts?” Hani tried her best to confess.

 

“Oh, you mean we should hold hands?” Woohyun said pretending to be ignorant. He took her hands and held them. “Okay then.”

 

Hani was embarrassed, but she had to try confessing again. Throughout the day, she tried several ways to confess indirectly but Woohyun still pretended not to know what she meant. At the end, she almost gave up and decided to just be straightforward.

 

“Oppa, I have something to tell you.” Woohyun looked at her. Hani took a deep breath and mustered up all her courage. “Actually, I’ve liked you, since a very long time. I made chocolates for you since it’s Valentine’s Day because I love you, Woohyun oppa.”

 

Hani looked down and closed her eyes as she gave the chocolates to Woohyun because she was really embarrassed and afraid. Woohyun took the chocolates and kissed her forehead. Hani looked up at Woohyun feeling confused.

 

“Babo, I love you too.” Woohyun pulled Hani into a hug. Woohyun pulled away and held Hani’s shoulders while looking into her eyes. “Can I be your boyfriend?”

 

“Yes.” Hani smiled at him. He returned the smile back.

 


Hey guys! I hoped you like this update!! There's some fluff in it so I hope you guys aren't disappointed TT

Thank you so much for my lovely subscribers who enjoy reading this, love you all~

And please do check out my short oneshot featuring Myungsoo (L) and you:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1179283/you-re-pretty-fluff-infinite-myungsoo-oneshot-you-myungsooxyou

Thank you^^