White Day pt. 2

This Might Be Your Typical Fangirl Story

 

For the whole time he held my wrists and dragged me to different shops on the side of the streets. Since it was White Day, a lot of stores were selling white chocolates. I stopped to look at the white chocolates. Sunggyu must have realized that and stopped. He saw me looking intensely at the white chocolates on sale.

 

“Do you want some chocolates?” He asked me.

 

“I do, but wouldn’t I seem pathetic if I bought chocolates for myself?” I asked him.

 

No it’s not pathetic. If you want to buy them, then you can just buy.” I was in a dilemma whether I should buy them or not. Sunggyu must have realized that I was in a dilemma as he said to me, “How about we stop by a cafe to eat some white chocolates?”

 

“Sure!” I was grinning at him as he led me to a nearby cafe. We went inside and ordered our drinks and some white chocolates for dessert. I couldn’t stop smiling as I was really happy to be able to eat white chocolates on White Day. Both of us sat at a table for two while waiting for our drinks and dessert to come out.

 

“Are you that happy to eat white chocolates?” He was curious as to why I looked so happy.

 

“Of course! It’s White Day today so I have to eat white chocolates for the hard work I did during Valentine’s Day.” As I said this, he looked a bit guilty.

 

“Sorry, I don’t give out chocolates on White Day because there’s someone in my heart already.” Those words crushed my heart. I couldn’t believe what he said.

 

“W-what do you mean?” I asked him slowly.

 

“I don’t want to return chocolates to other people because I didn’t get the chance to return any of her chocolates.” He looked really sad.

 

“Then, why don’t you just give chocolates to her?” I asked. Looking at his sad face makes me feel sad too.

 

“I can’t find her.” He sighed. “I tried so hard to. I would always sit down at crowded places to look for people that might resemble her. But she’s gone. She just disappeared. And I can’t find her anymore.”

 

He looked down. I felt bad for bringing up this topic.

 

“Sorry..” I apologized to him. He smiled weakly.

 

“No, it’s nothing to be sorry for. It’s the past anyway.” Even as he said this, I knew from his eyes that he couldn’t forget her, whoever she is. We stayed in silence as the waiter brought the drinks and chocolates. As I was about to drink, my phone rang. I looked at Sunggyu.

 

“It’s from Dongwoo oppa.” I told him. He gestured for me to pick it up and I did. “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Minjung-ah, where are you?” He asked playfully.

 

“I’m at the White Cafe in Myeongdong, why?” I asked him.

 

“Okay, stay there. Hoya, Myungsoo and I are going to come over. We have to give you something.” Dongwoo said.

 

“Okay then. I’ll be waiting.” I told him as he hung up the phone. “Dongwoo said he’s going to come over with Hoya.” I told Sunggyu. He only nodded. And we drank and ate the chocolates. It was kind of awkward at first but we got used to it. That topic has been dropped and we started talking about several different stuff. It wasn’t long since we talked until Myungsoo, Dongwoo and Hoya came in looking surprised to see Sunggyu.

 

“Hyung?” Myungsoo asked making sure that the guy in front of me is INFINITE’s leader.

 

“Oh, hi.” Sunggyu waved to them cold-heartedly.

 

“Why are you with Minjung?” Dongwoo asked Sunggyu.

 

“We’re just having a date.” All of them looked surprised.

 

“Are you guys dating?” Hoya asked.

 

“N-no we’re not!” I managed to say. “We’re just meeting together as friends.” I told them. I didn’t want any of them to misunderstand our situation. They all nodded in relief.

 

“Oh right, here is your White Day gift. Thanks for the Valentines’ chocolates last time.” Dongwoo said and each of them handed me different colored bags.

 

“Thank you.” I smiled at them.

 

Umm.. Then we’re gonna go shop around.” Hoya said as we were sort of getting awkward.

 

“Yeah, and I’ll be taking pictures of other people.” Myungsoo said pointing to the camera hanging over his neck.

 

“Okay, have fun.” I smiled at them. They turned around to go out while waving at us. Sunggyu and I waved at them too.

 

“Wow, you’re really popular.” Sunggyu told me looking surprised.

 

“Of course!” I said as I opened to see what they had given me. I saw that Myungsoo had given me aromatherapic candles. I smiled at the gift. Hoya had given me an expensive candy. I was surprised at the gift but nodded at it. Then I saw that Dongwoo had given me white chocolates. I grinned at his gift and hugged it. I must have looked crazy that Sunggyu was tsk-ing.

 

“What did Dongwoo gave you?” Sunggyu asked curiously.

 

“White chocolates!” I was overjoyed. Sunggyu made a face that I wasn’t sure what he meant. “Why?” I asked him.

 

“Are you really happy at what Dongwoo gave you?” He asked.

 

“Of course I am!” I smiled and put everything back to its bags. He looked a bit pissed but I didn’t know why so I just didn’t say anything.

 

“Let’s go.” He said as we finished everything. He took my wrists again and walked outside. We just kept on wandering at the streets looking at the shops when we met Sungjong and Sungyeol together.

 

“Hyung why are you here?” Sungyeol asked innocently.

 

“I’m just walking around. Why are you guys here?” Sunggyu asked both of them.

 

“We heard that Minjung is here so we came here looking for her.” Sungjong said. He smiled as he handed me a bouquet of flowers. “Happy White Day!”

 

I smiled back as I did not expect to receive any flowers from the maknae.

 

“This is from me.” Sungyeol also handed me a rolled up poster.

 

“What’s this?” I asked him.

 

“It’s a poster of me, so you can hang it up the wall.” Sungyeol told me and winked at me.

 

“Ya! Lee Sungyeol! Why are you such a narcissist?” Sunggyu scolded his dongsaeng. Sungjong and I laughed at the situation.

 

“Thanks, Sungyeol!” I smiled at him. They both bid their farewells as they were going shopping together. I was having a difficult time bringing all the stuff they gave me and Sunggyu offered to bring the bags for me. I nodded. We walked around together some more then my eyes stopped at a cute looking jewelry store. I tugged Sunggyu to go inside the store. He shrugged and went in.

 

I looked around the store and my eyes caught a simple bracelet with the infinity symbol. I kept on looking at it and Sunggyu saw that.

 

“Do you really like INFINITE?” He asked me.

 

No it’s not that. I really like the symbol. Eternity. Forever. Infinity.” I told him.

 

“You don’t like INFINITE?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“I do like INFINITE. I mean I like the symbol because I like the concept of eternity. Like loving someone forever. Or being friends forever.” I told him that and he nodded. Then I moved on to look at other things. After we were done we went outside and walked around again. Then suddenly Sunggyu stopped. I stopped too and looked at him.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

 

“Let’s take a photo.” He looked at me and pointed to the photo booth up ahead. He grabbed my wrist and walked inside the photo booth. We took several photos and decorated them with cute stickers and drawings. We made sure to print two copies so that each of us could keep the photos. I smiled and so did he. We walked again and I could hear my phone rang. It was from Woohyun. Sunggyu saw who called and ushered me to pick it up.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Minjung? Are you with Sunggyu hyung right now?” Woohyun asked slowly.

 

“Yes I am, why?” I looked up at Sunggyu.

 

“Let me talk to Sunggyu hyung.” I gave my phone to Sunggyu.

 

“What’s up?” Sunggyu asked. I didn’t know what they were talking about but I could see that Sunggyu’s face looked suddenly sad. Then he passed my phone back to me.

 

“Hello?” I asked Woohyun.

 

“I’m with Hani right now, let’s go meet up and talk about what happened earlier.” I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. “Don’t tell Sunggyu hyung.”

 

“Okay.” He hung up and I put the phone down. I asked Sunggyu, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, I just remembered I had something to do. Sorry Minjung, I really have to go.” He gave my stuff over to me.

 

“That’s okay, have fun!” I told him and waved as he walked away waving back at me.

 

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ 

 

I walked over to the place where I was going to meet Woohyun and Hani. We ended up going to a chicken restaurant. I saw both of them being lovey dovey and I couldn’t help feel that I was thirdwheeling them.

 

“Do you really need me here?” I asked them trying to make my presence known. “I feel like I’m so single right now.”

 

“Oh really? Didn’t you spend the day with Sunggyu hyung?” Woohyun teased me. I was shocked. “I heard from the other members.”

 

“How was your date?” Hani asked me, joining forces with Woohyun to tease me.

 

“If you guys are going to do this, then I’m just going to leave.” I acted as if I was leaving.

 

“Don’t!” Both of them said at the same time. I just tsk-ed at them. I had no choice but to stay with them.

 

“Let’s at least eat together.” Hani said to me. We ordered chicken and beer and started to eat.

 

“So why didn’t you tell us that you were that Minjung?” He asked me suddenly.

 

“Didn’t you remember what happened? I got dumped by Sunggyu right? Wouldn’t it be weird if I just told you guys who I am?” I asked him back. Hani and Woohyun looked at each other. I wasn’t sure what that meant but Woohyun looked at me.

 

“Well, that is true. It would be really awkward.” At least he agreed with me. “I understand that you would do that but at least you could’ve let Hani tell me.”

 

“I should’ve but I wasn’t sure if I was able to trust INFINITE again after what happened back then.” I sighed. I started to drink my beer. From the corner of my eye I could see that Woohyun looked a bit sad.

 

“Sorry.” Woohyun tried to apologise for what happened back then. I didn’t say anything as I just focused on the beer I was drinking.

 

“Let’s not talk about this.” Hani knew how I was feeling and so we dropped the topic. We started talking about different things and as we kept on drinking, Hani became drunk and passed out. So Woohyun started talking to me.

 

“Here is your White Day present. I got permission from my girlfriend already.” He gave me a hat that I’ve wanted for a long time.

 

“Thank you!” I smiled at him. “Woohyun, please don’t tell about me to the other members.”

 

“Okay, with one exception.” Woohyun was grinning while I looked at him curiously. “You have to help me with anything related to Hani.” 

 

I laughed at him. “Okay okay I will. Thanks Woohyun for understanding.” He told me he was going to bring Hani home so I helped him to put Hani on his back. I hope she’d be happy with this. We bid our farewells and went our separate ways.

 

When I arrived home, I looked over all the gifts and smiled. I organized them to where they should be and I realized there was an unfamiliar white box. I opened it and I gasped as I saw the mobius strip bracelet that I looked at the jewelry store. I saw a note inside and it says:

 

This is not a White Day gift but it’s a thank you gift for spending the day with me. I hope you had fun.

- Kim Sunggyu

 

I smiled at the note and I knew for sure that I had deeply fallen in love with him all over again.

 


How are you guys doing? I updated this late because I was in Hong Kong for a week so it was tough with the internet D:

Hope you enjoyed the fluff~