Chapter 8

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

I continued on my way down to the cafe to meet Hana.  When I got there, I found her sitting there at a table already.  I set my bag down in the chair across from her and went to order my drink. 

As soon as I received my drink, I went back to sit at the table.  Hana put her phone down and took a sip from her drink.  "What took you so long?" she asked. 

"I walked," I replied simply. 

She looked at me weirdly.  "Couldn't you have used your mom's car?" 

"I didn't want them to know that I was home." 

"Why not?" she asked and looked confused. "Does that have to do with what we were talking about?" 

"Yeah, sort of I guess." 

"Tell me."  She took another sip of her drink and stared at me intensely waiting for me to tell her my little story.  I sighed and knew right away that she wouldn't stop staring at me like that until I tell her. 

I told her what had happened from me running out to sneaking into my own house and every little detail in between.  She showed a mix of emotions while I talked.  At first she seemed sad for me, but as soon as I started talking about me and Gongchan she suddenly lit up.  I guess it was like I was explaining a drama that I saw on t.v. to her. 

"So what are you going to do?" Hana asked. 

"About what?" I answered. 

"This whole thing." 

"I don't know.  I guess I'll just go home and act like nothing happened." 

"And what about Gongchan?" 

"I can't do anything about him, he's dating Jinae." 

"Are you really just going to give up like that?" 

"No... it's not like that..." 

"Then what is it?" 

I hesitated and really thought for a moment about things right now.  "I'm not sure," I finally replied.  "I guess let fate decide?" 

Hana looked unsatisfied by my answer, but eventually nodded her head.  We finished up our drinks and then finally headed out and walked around the city.  As we were walking, some guy, that was quite tall, bumped into me.  He held onto my waist as if I was going to fall, which I kind of was, and quickly apologized before walking away with three others.  He walked away before I got a chance to say anything, but I couldn't help but think about how handsome he looked.  Hana looked at me and smirked and said, "Wow, lucky you."  I scoffed and lightly elbowed her before we continued walking.  After a while, our feet started to hurt, so we climbed into Hana's car and drove to her house. 

It was nice to hang out with my best friend for a day.  It reminded me of when we were younger and had no troubles at all.  We were care-free back then.  I wondered why it couldn't be like that now.  But today really did make me feel care-free and brought me comfort. 

I got a call from my mom, but I was really hesitant to answer it.  So I looked up to Hana to see her reaction.  She just seemed to be staring at me waiting for me to do something.  Finally I answered it. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"H-Haeri?" my mom's voice asked softly and gently. 

"What?" 

"Where are you?" 

"At a friend's house." 

"O-oh.  Come home soon, okay?  I need to tell you something." 

I nodded, although I knew that she couldn't see me.  I hung up right after she said that and threw my phone to the ground.  Then I brought my knees close to my body.  There was absolute silence and neither of us seemed to want to speak. 

Things went through my mind as I thought about what my mom had said.  She seemed so nervous and shaky while speaking to me.  I wondered what was going to happen when I got home tonight.  Letting out a sigh I got up. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and looked over to Hana. 

"Did you want me to drop you off?" she asked. 

"It's okay.  I want to get home the slowest as possible." 

She nodded her head and got up as well.  We walked down to the entrance together and she watched as I waved good-bye to her and walked off.  It was slowly starting to get dark now.  The sun was setting and it started getting chilly out.  I had goose bumps as the wind blew, but I couldn't think of how cold I was starting to get right then.  I was more worried about what would happen when I get home. 

When I finally did get home, I walked through the front door and into the kitchen where I heard both my parents talking.  Slowly I entered the room and stood at a good distance away from them.  They noticed me right away and looked at me sympathetically.  I was starting to get really confused. 

"Haeri sweetie," my mom called my name softly. 

"This is something very important, and you cannot run off, okay?" my dad asked. 

My heart was now beating against my chest very hard.  I was scared now.  I didn't know what was going on, but at the same time I felt like I already knew exactly what was happening.  "What?" I asked almost inaudible. 

"Me and your father..." my mom started.  "W-we're getting a divorce." 

That was it.  I could hear an inner crash.  It was my heart being broken.  This is something that I was expecting, yet not at the same time.  For a second I thought that this whole thing was a dream, but then I heard my brother running down the stares with tears in his eyes.  He stared at our parents and started yelling.  I could see the hurt in his face and I bet mine was the same. 

While my parent's were trying to calm my brother down, I went up to my room slowly feeling as if I weren't alive at that moment.  When I finally made it up to my room, I locked the door and dropped my bag onto the floor, then threw myself onto my bed.  That's when my tears really started coming out.  They all fell at once and wouldn't stop flowing down my face. 

I don't know how long I was like that, but then I heard a knock at the door.  I looked up at it and heard the knock again.  Right then, I didn't want to see nor talk to anyone.  All I wanted to do was be alone.  The person knocked again.  This time I heard a voice along with it.  "Haeri, open the door."  It was Gongchan. 

Hesitantly I got up and slowly walked over to the door.  I placed my hand on the lock, but left it there.  I was still debating whether I wanted to see Gongchan or not.  He knocked once again.  "Are you okay in there?"  His voice sounded more worried this time.  Still, I kept frozen in place. 

 

 


Hi guys!! here's a chapter for you guys!  I hope you like it!  and who do you guys think that that mysterious person was that bumped into you/Haeri?  leave your ideas in the comments below and let's see who gets it correct!  ;)

 

~Angelflyer