Chapter 12

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

The day of the beach party came by fast.  Actually the school year seemed to be going by so quickly, maybe it's just me though.  I woke up at exactly 8 am and got ready for my day.  Gongchan said that he'd come over around noon or something, then we could go together. 

Things between me and Gongchan have been pretty good.  I mean of course I'm still jealous and such, but it's still nice to hang out with my best friend even if he is taken. 

As I quickly went downstairs to eat my own breakfast, I almost bumped into my tired brother.  He was walking to the kitchen, too, probably looking for food.  I decided to make breakfast for the two of us since Junsu was down here with me.  Then I started wondering why neither of my parents were up.  But before I got to ask my brother that question, both of them came walking down the stairs.  They both looked very happy with each other.  They even had their arms around one another- which really surprised me. 

"Kids, we have something to say," my dad said. 

Me and my brother looked their way.  "We're not getting a divorce anymore," my mom announced. 

I literally dropped the spoon in my hands and felt as if this was all just a dream.  Quickly I glanced over to my brother.  He had the same expression as I did.  We were both very surprised by this and didn't know what to say. 

"Aren't you guys happy?" my dad asked after a while of silence. 

We nodded our head in sync.  Then my mom came rushing over to my side and taking the pan that was over the stove off.  I watched as she slid the dish onto a plate and set it down on the table. 

The morning was nice and calm.  I wish that things could always stay like this.  After I was done eating, I went back up to my room and tried to pick out a bathing suit for the party.  I really didn't know what to wear, so I called Hana to come over. 

She came over within a couple of minutes and made me try on the bathing suits so she could see how it looked on me.  I was a bit nervous even if she was a girl and my best friend.  I was never very confident on showing my body to anyone since a young age, even my own mother. 

"Why don't you have any more two-pieces?" Hana asked looking through my drawer. 

"Because... you know why?" I said. 

"You know that you have a good body, right?" 

"Tsk." 

"What?  I'm not lying.  Go ask any guy." 

"No thanks."

"You're also very insecure." 

"I'm not that insecure." 

"Sure, whatever." 

Finally Hana decided on a bathing suit for me to wear.  We got to hang out for a while more before she had to go home and get ready as well.  Noon hit and I was still in my room waiting for Gongchan.  Soon it became 1 pm. 

I walked down to my garage with my phone and skateboard in hand.  Since Gongchan didn't seem like he was going to come over soon, I decided that it'd be good to practice my skateboarding skills a little bit before I go. 

After an hour of practicing, I went over to see if Gongchan was actually still home.  His mom answered the door and said that he had left a while ago with a pretty girl.  The "pretty girl" was probably Jinae.  I said good-bye to his mom and sighed when she closed the door. 

Being too pissed to call him and hear his voice, I went and called Tao to see if he could pick me up.  I was even more disappointed when Tao said that he couldn't.  But my mood shot up again when Luhan said that he'd be at my house in 10 minutes.  After saying good-bye to them on the phone, I sat down in front of my house waiting for him to come pick me up. 

When Luhan's car finally pulled up on the curb, I jumped up from where I was sitting.  He got out of the car and made his way around towards me.  Luhan wrapped his arms around me as a greeting and led me to his car. 

"Sorry that I made you come out and pick me up," I apologized when Luhan started driving. 

"I don't mind.  I was already ready when you called," Luhan replied. 

"Well... still... Actually I was supposed to go down together with Gongchan, but I guess he has different plans." 

"Ah, that guy you like?  Would you like me to beat him when we get there?" 

I laughed.  "No, thanks, Luhan.  It's okay." 

"Okay, if you say so."  He shrugged his shoulders. 

When we finally made it to the beach, we were met by Tao and the rest of them.  I greeted them with quick, friendly hugs, then we made our way down towards the water where some people were starting to set up. 

As we got closer to the people who were setting up, I noticed that among those people, Gongchan was happily working along side his girlfriend.  I couldn't take my eyes off the two.  They looked so happy together.  Before I walked along with Tao and them, I let out a sigh and bitterly smiled at the couple. 

I know I that I should be jealous of her- which I still am, but I've been thinking a lot lately.  Those deeper thoughts lead me to think about other people's points of views and how they might feel.  Then I started to feel bad about what I wanted to happen just for me.  My selfishness has been getting the best of me, but I didn't realize until now. 

Just as I was walking away, I heard someone call my name.  Slowly I turned around to find Gongchan running over to catch up to me with a smile on his face.  I fixed my bitter smile into a sincere one and hope that he didn't see through my lie. 

"Hey," I said. 

Suddenly his face dropped.  "Oh crap... I totally forgot.  I'm so sorry, Haeri-ah.  Jinae asked if I could pick her up early so that she could help set up.  I was going to come back and pick you up, but I forgot while I was putting up seats.  And I just got so busy with stuff... and... I'm just so sorry." 

"It's fine.  But you owe me or else I'll never forgive you."  My smile turned into a smirk. 

"Okay, I'll do what ever you want, master."  Gongchan laughed. 

"Yeah, you better."  I playfully rolled my eyes and walked off towards the water. 

I stood on the shore and let the water rush up to my toes, then run back down.  Soon Gongchan's feet stood next to mine.  My eyes went up from his feet to his side profile. 

"I heard your parents got back together," he said while still staring out to the water. 

"Yeah..." I said with a sigh. 

"What's wrong?"  Now he turned his face to look at mine. 

"Nothing... it's just that for some reason I have a bad gut feeling inside." 

"It's probably just you." 

"Yeah, you're probably right." 

"Of course I am."  He winked at me.  I scoffed and looked away for a moment, then turned back to look him in the eyes. 

"I think your girlfriend might be mad if you spend too much time with me." 

"But I haven't even spent time with you this entire week.  It wouldn't hurt to just hang out- especially since I owe you for today.  Plus, it's nice to be at the beach with my best friend after about a couple of months now? 

"You're so nice, but really I saw your girlfriend glare at me." 

"Okay, fine.  But I'll come find you later." 

I nodded my head and watched as he ran back to Jinae.  Again I let out another sigh and decided to walk along the beach for a while.  The party won't start until later any ways, so I have a lot of time to waste. 

Gongchan's POV:

I went back and sat down next to Jinae and let my hand rest on hers.  She seemed a bit tense.  Curious on why she seemed angry, I asked her.  "Hey, are you okay, Jin-ah?" 

"Channie, do you love me?" she asked suddenly. 

"Yes, of course.  Why would you ask that kind of question?"  She looked down to her lap and shrugged her shoulders.  "Are you jealous?" 

She was a bit hesitant, but answered, "N-no...." 

"Don't lie."  A small smile grew on my face.  This was the first time I've ever seen her get jealous and I thought that it was just absolutely the cutest thing in the world. 

"Okay, maybe a little bit..." she finally admitted. 

I laughed.  "You don't have to be jealous," I said softly.  "Haeri's my best friend.  We're just really close.  I love her as a friend, and I love you as my lover." 

I lifted her chin and made her look up at me.  My smile still remained.  Soon she gave in and smiled too and leaned in to peck my lips.  I heard her giggle and leaned in to give her a real kiss. 

Soon the party started and lots of people started to come.  The whole student body was here, but there were also others that I didn't know, too.  I met up with my hyungs and hung out with them for a while before getting pulled to a secluded area by Jinae. 

Right when we were alone behind the snack bar, Jinae pushed against the wall and stared at me seductively before smashing her lips into mine.  I was taken by surprise, but went along with it.  But then I recognized the smell of alcohol as we kissed.  Was she drunk?  I opened my eyes and pushed her away slightly. 

"Hmm?  W-what's wrong, Channie?" Jinae asked while slurring her words. 

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. 

She smiled and nodded her head before placing her lips back onto mine.  The way she forced herself on me like that seemed weird because she would never do something like that.  I didn't know how to push her away because I didn't want to upset her.  So I just kissed back, I had to make the best of it at least. 

Things really started to get heated the longer we stayed there and got all over each other- correction, Jinae was all over me.  She tried to make me - which I kind of was- by rubbing her body against mine.  But I knew that this wasn't right.  We were still in high school and were about to walk into college. 

Finally I pushed her away gently.  She looked at me worriedly once again.  "We can't do this," I told her softly.  "How about I take you home?" 

"But, Channie," she whined. 

"No, 'buts,'" I said.  "I'll take you home." 

I dragged her to my car with me and drove off to her house.  I think it was a good time to call it a night.  We were out there on the beach for more that 5 hours already.  And I think that Jinae's exhausted. 

 

 


Hello there!  Here's an update for you guys!  I hope you like it and comment what you think about this story in the comments!  I would LOVE to read what you guys think!  Thanks! ^-^

 

~Angelflyer