Chapter 22

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Gongchan's POV:

As soon as I woke up the next morning, I got ready to meet up with Jinae.  Last night, after I got home from Haeri's house I called Jinae right away telling her that I wanted to talk to her.  I honestly could've told her over the phone that I wanted to break up with her, but I didn't think that would be the manliest or right thing to do. 

Before I went out to meet with Jinae, I stopped by Haeri's house because I realized that I still had her phone in my pocket late last night.  She answered the door and I handed her her phone only making a short conversation and leaving.  As I ran down the road I turned and yelled to her that I'd call her later. 

I was running a bit late, but the cafe was thankfully near by.  Once I got there, Jinae was already waiting for me at a table.  She had two drinks sitting in front of her already.  I slid myself into the seat across for her and gave her a small smile. 

"Sorry, I'm late," I said and rubbed the back of my kneck. 

"It's okay.  Here, I got you your favorite," she smiled brightly. 

"Thanks."  I took a sip from the drink and set it back down onto the table. 

"So, oppa, what did you need to talk to me about?"  

"Well..." I hesitated, "you see, Jinae... um... I'm breaking up with you."  

I looked up from my drink and saw that Jinae's face fell.  She looked surprised as well as sad and I couldn't help but feel bad for her.  I knew, though, that if I didn't break up with her now that she would be even more heartbroken if we continued to be a couple.  

"W-what?  You're joking, right?" she said desperately.  "Oppa, please tell me you're kidding."  

"No, I'm sorry, Jinae.  I-I actually have someone else that I love now..."  

"It's Haeri, isn't it?"  

I nodded my head.  "Jinae, I'm sorry.  Please understand."  

After a few seconds of silence, Jinae sniffled and looked me in the eyes.  A small, forced smile grew upon her face.  "I understand," she said quietly.  

"Thank you, Jinae.  And also.... Please tell your friends to stop bothering Haeri.  I'm sorry I'm asking for so-"

"It's okay.  I'll tell them.  Don't worry."  

I smiled and stood up to give her a hug.  I was happy that she understood and that things were going to be okay.  We walked out of the cafe together and said good bye as we parted ways.  

It was about one in the afternoon when I got to Haeri's house.  I knocked on her front door and waited for an answer.  Soon Haeri came and opened the door for me.  

"Oh, hey, Gongchan.  I thought you had something to do today," she said as she stepped aside so that I could walk in.  

"I already did it," I replied.  

"What was it that you had to do?"  

"Talk with Jinae."

Haeri suddenly looked at me seriously.  I sat down on the island in her kitchen as she walked to her refridgerator.  

"What did you have to talk to Jinae about?" Haeri asked with a hint of nervousness.  

"I told her that I was breaking up with her because... I love you," I replied with a smile.  

Haeri took out some drinks ans snacks for us and turned to face me.  A smile formed onto her face and she came to stand inbetween my knees.  

"When did you start loving me?" she asked and tested her hands on my thighs.  

"To be honest, it was when we were younger.  Everything started when we were younger.  All my feelings grew from then.  I just... I guess... I don't know... I really didn't realize it truely until I saw you get hurt and stressed out so badly recently."  

"You know, all you ever do is worry about me... I'm sorry, but thank you so much."  

I just smiled back and jumped off the counter and quickly lifted her up and placed her where I was sitting.  Then I leaned in and kissed her.  Just as our kiss deepened, her parents and brother came walking through the front door.  We parted and I let her hop down.  

After we greeted her family, we took the snacks up to her room and ate them there.  As we sat there eating and talking, it felt nice.  I could actually talk to my... wait, so is Haeri my girlfriend now?  I mean we didn't really make it official, but...

"Are you okay, Gongchan?" Haeri asked.  

I looked up at her and nodded.  "Yeah, why?"  

"You just seemed really out of it for a minute."  

"W-well... Did you want to... umm... maybe go out today?  Like as a d-date since you know... w-we're kind of together..."  

A shy smile grew across her face.  "Why are you so nervous?"  

"I don't know... I was never this nervous while going out with Jinae..."  

"You're cute, my boyfriend."  

I smiled and pecked her lips.  "I love you, my girlfriend."  

We went out to eat at a small restaurant and then went for a walk.  As we walked together, our hands were intertwined and we swung it back and forth.  

When we got back to her house, I watched as she walked inside and disappeared my sight.  Then I went and crawled into my own house for the night.  

Your POV:

Once Gongchan dropped me off home, I ran straight up to my room feeling like the happiest girl in the world.  My long childhood crush was finally dating me after however many years of liking him.  Thing were also starting to get better within my family, too.  

I washed up and went over to my bed to see who was texting me nonstop for the past five minutes.  It was Tao.  Soon I was laughing and trying to look over at Gongchan.  

Tao was telling me about how Gongchan had told him that we were dating now and he got all excited and was spamming me with all his excitement.  When I finally caught Gongchan's attention I smiled and told him to come over to his window.  

"Yeah?" he asked once his window was lifted.  

"You know, Tao's spamming me with texts," I said.  

Gongchan shrugged his shoulders.  "Well, Tao is Tao."  

I smiled.  Then we said goodnight and went to bed.  

 

 

 


Hi there! Here's a chapter for you! I hope you like it!  And i think in just about 3 more xhapters this fanfic will be finished! 

 

~Angelflyer