Chapter 17

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

Monday swung around fast and it was time to go to school again.  Junsu was released Saturday afternoon and had a sit down with my parents later in the evening.  He seems calm and understands now, so I don't think I have to worry about him too much. 

It was getting closer and closer to winter every single day.  Soon  enough there would be snow starting to fall on the ground.  I stepped out of my nice, warm house and into the cold outside air. 

Once I got to school, Hana texted me and said that she wasn't going to be at school because she was sick.  I sighed and sat down at my desk and put my head down. 

Soon another person walked into the room.  I looked up and saw Baro making his way towards his seat.  It was surprising to me because he usually never comes in this early. 

"Hey," I greeted him. 

"Hi, Haeri," he greeted back. 

"Hana isn't here, she's sick." 

"I know, she told me already.  I was gonna skip today and take care of her, but she forced me to go to school." 

"Wow, I wish I had a boyfriend like you." 

"Gongchan, duh!" 

I looked at him weirdly.  "If you have forgotten, Gongchan is dating a girl named Jinae that was all over him at the party a while ago." 

"I know he's dating Jinae, but whoa, really?  He never told us that she did that to him." 

"He didn't?  Well, I saw it with my own two eyes.  Then we got into this fight and that's why I'm not talking to him.  He's being an ." 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait....  Gongchan hasn't said anything about all this stuff to us." 

"Well, long story short, I got jealous and had an argument with him the next day." 

"I don't think you should be jealous though...  To be honest- and you have to keep this from Gongchan- Jinae, she's nice and all, but her so called "friends" are the problem and will probably start stuffing stuff into her head about you and Gongchan just because it's fun and they want to see you get tortured because everyone knows how close you and Gongchan are." 

I fell silent.  Baro was probably right about that.  Now I really don't know what to do though.  I let out a sigh.  "What should I do then?" 

"That is for you to chose.  You can stand up and make Gongchan yours, or you can push him away and just let it be.  What ever you want to do.  I'll support you in whatever you want to do.  And I'm sure Hana will, too." 

I looked an him sincerely and thanked him, "Thanks, Baro." 

"No, problem.  It's like helping out a little sister, so I don't mind." 

Class started in no time.  Then it was lunch time.  I made my way to the cafeteria, but was stopped by Jinae and one of her friends.  Unknowingly, I rolled my eyes and let out a breath.  This isn't going to end well. 

"Did you need something?" I asked in a calm tone. 

"Can I ask what your and Gongchan's relationship is?" Jinae asked nicely. 

"We're just friends.  Nothing more, nothing less." 

"Lies," her friend snapped.  "Why does he keep trying to call you and text you numerous times in a day?" 

"Because we're friends." 

"Even I don't text my friends these kinds of messages." 

"What do you mean?"  Jinae's friend shoved Gongchan's phone in my face.  I pushed it away and glared at her.  "Why are you reading someone else's privet messages?" I asked sternly. 

"He lended it to me today and I accidentally pressed texts and I saw all your guys' texts," Jinae replied. 

"Okay, whatever.  Forget about the texts, what do you really want?" I asked finally.  "Do you want me to stay away from your boyfriend?  Or are you going to give me some cliche threat?" 

Jinae hesitated and just stared into my eyes.  Then her friend stepped in once again and replied, "Yes.  Lay off Gongchan.  No "cliche threats" yet though." 

Suddenly Jinyoung and Gongchan walked around the corner and stood behind me.  "What's going on?" Gongchan asked while he looked back and forth between me, his best friend, and Jinae, his girlfriend. 

I nodded to Jinae and her friend.  Then turned around to look at Gongchan and Jinyoung.  "Nothing.  Nothing is going on.  I'll be going now, though." 

"Wait," Gongchan said and grabbed onto my arm before I could walk away passed him. 

"We were just talking.  Nothing serious.  Just some girl talk, that's all," I said and slipped my arm out of his grip.  I looked into his soft, gentle eyes, then gave him a small smile and walked away. 

Gongchan's POV:

Jinyoung hyung and I were making our way to the cafeteria as we talked about something random.  When we turned the corner to the entrance of the cafeteria, Jinae, her friend, and Haeri, were standing there.  The air seemed a bit tense and awkward. 

Haeri was just about to walk away, but she seemed troubled and had something on her mind, so I grabbed her arm so that we could maybe talk.  She slipped away from me though and walked off to somewhere in the school.  Something my mind couldn't get over was the smile that she gave me.  It was a small smile, but I haven't seen her smile- to me- in how ever many weeks now and I really did miss that. 

Jinae skipped over to me and hooked her arm onto mine.  I smiled down to her and we walked into the cafeteria to get lunch.  We parted ways because she went to sit with her friends, and I went to sit with mine. 

While we were eating, I was totally lost in thought.  I still couldn't get over Haeri's smile.  Every second I thought about it more and more, I realized how sad it was.  It was a sad, yet sincere kind of smile.  It started bothering me, and I wanted to know the reason behind that specific smile. 

"Hey," Sandeul called and waved his hand in front of my face. 

"H-huh?" I asked. 

"What are you daydreaming about?" Shinwoo asked and munched on an apple. 

"Nothing." 

"So what was up with Haeri?" Jinyoung asked. 

I bit my bottom lip and hesitated before answering, "I don't know." 

They guys just stared at me.  "What happened?" asked Baro. 

"We found Jinae and Haeri talking in the hallway," Jinyoung replied. 

"What's so weird about that?" Shinwoo asked. 

"Nothing... it's just that Haeri didn't seem like Haeri," Jinyoung explained. 

"Yeah... usually she's more outgoing..." Sandeul said. 

"Well, we kind of got into an argument..." I said quietly. 

"I heard," Baro said. 

"About what?" Jinyoung asked. 

"Nothing... it's nothing.  Never mind," I said.  "I'll tell you guys later." 

After we ate our lunch, I headed out to get some fresh air for a little bit.  I sat on a bench out in front of the school and tried to clear my mind of everything and anything.  Then I felt someone sit beside me.  I turned my head and saw Baro looking out straight in front of him. 

"You know," he started, "Haeri cares that's why she was saying that." 

"I know... but I think that I just feel like my privacy was intruded on, you know?" I said. 

"Yeah, I get you..."  There was a pause before he began speaking again.  "But like I said, Haeri cares about you.  It's just like a natural thing." 

"I don't know why she would even care about that though." 

"What?" 

"If I got Jinae pregnant." 

"Wow, idiot... even I would care."

"Hmm..."

"Well, any ways, Haeri's kind of caring is probably just a little bit different than our kind of caring for you." 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"That is something you should find out yourself because I don't exactly know either." 

Then Baro got up from where he was sitting and headed back inside while saying bye.  I sat out there for a little while longer, thinking about that, before heading back inside too before the bell rang. 

 

 


Hey there!! Here's another chapter for you guys!  I hope you like it!! :D

 

~Angelflyer