Chapter 23

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

The next day I was awaken by my alarm clock.  I dragged my feet into my bathroom and quickly washed up.  When I was done and walked out of my bathroom, I found Gongchan laying on my bed staring at his phone screen. 

"What are you doing?" I asked as I grabbed my uniform from my closet. 

"Waiting for you," he replied coolly. 

"Awe, you're sweet."  I walked over to him and kissed his cheek.  Immediately after I did that he started to blush. 

After I went to change in my bathroom, I came back out again threw my arms around Gongchan's shoulders.  Again I kissed his cheek and they went red.  Just at that moment, Junsu came walking into my room without knocking.  Then suddenly he yelled out, "Mom!  I think noona is doing bad things!" and walked away while closing the door. 

Gongchan wrapped his arms around my legs and got up from my bed giving me a piggyback ride.  "Yeah, you're doing bad things," he mocked. 

"Tsk, whatever... you like when I do bad things," I said and lightly slapped him. 

He brought me downstairs where my mom was making us breakfast.  I got off his back and sat down at the table with him and my brother.  Then my mom came and placed plates in front of each of us. 

"What was Junsu saying about you two?" she asked as she sat down. 

"He's being a tattle-taler right now, that's all," I said.  I looked over to Junsu and he was pouting. 

"Mom!" Junsu whined. 

"Oh, stop it you two," my mom scolded. 

That made the both of us shut up, but we kept giving each other glares.  After breakfast, Gongchan and I left to school.  I threw my skateboard onto the ground and hopped on, slowly riding along with Gongchan beside me. 

"You're very childish," Gongchan commented as we walked along the side walk. 

"Whatever," I scoffed. 

"But that's something I love about you." 

"Now you're nice." 

"I'm always nice, though." 

I scoffed again and kicked my foot off the ground to pick up speed.  Then Gongchan grabbed onto my waist and stopped me from rolling and kissed my lips.  I was surprised by the sudden affection, but went along with it any ways. 

"What's up with you all of a sudden?" I asked when our lips parted. 

"What?  I can't kiss my girlfriend?" he asked in a teasing way. 

"I didn't say that."  I planted a kiss onto his lips this time. 

When we got to school, I sat down at my desk and faced Hana who was already there sitting in her seat.  She looked up from her phone and greeted me warmly as usual. 

"Guess what," I said. 

"What?" she asked.

"I said guess." 

"Umm..."  Just then Gongchan finished talking with one of our classmates and came over to the two of us and sat next to me before pecking my cheek.  I stared at Hana's reaction and it was absolutely priceless.  "No way!" she exclaimed. 

"What's wrong?" Baro asked as he made his way towards us. 

"These two are finally dating," Hana replied. 

"Really?" 

"Does this answer your question?" Gongchan asked and gently turned my head and gave me a romantic kiss. 

Both their faces were shocked, but also happy at the same time.  Soon the bell rang and our teacher entered the room to start the class.  Time passed by quickly and it was the end of the day. 

I went to wait outside for Gongchan because Baro had to talk to him first.  Hana fangirled to me about dating Gongchan and expressed her joy that her shipping was actually reality, but then she had to catch the bus before it left.  Then Tao came and kept me company for a while. 

"I can't believe that you and Gongchan are dating," Tao said.  "We can go on double dates now!" 

I giggled and listened to how excited Tao was.  Then Gongchan and his hyungs joined us in our conversation. 

"You better be good to her, Gongchan," Tao warned before saying goodbye and climbing into his car. 

"Yeah, Channie, take care of Haeri here," Jiyoung commented. 

"You're basically our sister-in-law now," Shinwoo said with a smile. 

"Yup, and whenever or if you ever have problems you can always come to us," Sanduel added. 

"Especially when Gongchan's being an .  We'll come out and beat him up for you, alright?" Baro said. 

I laughed.  "Thanks guys."  Then I looked over to Gongchan.  He was sitting there silently pouting and glaring at his friends.  I slipped my hand into his and pecked his lips making his pout turn into a bright smile. 

Gongchan's POV:

After my hyungs left, Haeri and I took the long way around back home.  As we walked along the sidewalk, we held hands and talked nonstop until we reached home. 

As I waited outside of Haeri's house for her, I played on my phone.  Then someone put their hands over my eyes.  I tried turning around, but she turned around with me.  I sighed playfully and carefully placed my phone into my pocket before gently pulling her hands off my eyes and planting a kiss on her cheek. 

"Where do you want to go, love?" I asked and slipped her hand into mine. 

"Any where is fine, as long as I'm with you," she replied with a smile. 

We ended up going to the park near her grandparents' grave and hanging out for a very long time.  Just when the sun was about to set, we quickly ran over to the cemetery and visited her grandparents.  Then we went back home. 

I decided that I'd go and stay with Haeri longer at her house.  We continued talking for most of the night.  I found it adorable when Haeri was slowly dozing off while talking to me.  When I was laying her in her bed, she woke up and pulled me down onto the bed making me almost fall on top of her. 

"Stay with me, oppa," she whined. 

I quietly laughed.  "But I have to go." 

She pouted and wrapped her arms around me tighter.  "Pretty please?"  She was doing ageyo, something that she rarely ever does to anyone. 

"Okay, scoot over." 

She moved over and I squeezed in with her.  The bed wasn't as big as I expected it to be, so I had to cuddle up with her before one of us fell off.  I didn't mind, though, I loved being close to her. 

Your POV:

The next morning I woke up and was leaning my forehead against Gongchan's chest.  He had my arms wrapped around me, so when I tried moving and getting out of bed, he woke up, too. 

"Good morning," I greeted and placed a good morning kiss on his cheek.  "Did I wake you?" 

"Morning, love, and no you didn't wake me," he replied with a smile. 

I went to change and get ready for school and walked Gongchan out of the house.  Then I went to my kitchen where I found my whole family just about to eat.  I sat down and started eating breakfast with them. 

My brother finished first and went up to his room.  Then it was just my parents and me.  To make it less awkward, I tried starting a conversation.  "Why are you home, dad?" I asked. 

"I decided to stay home today," he replied, "but what were you and Gongchan doing last night?"  He sounded a bit awkward asking that question. 

"Nothing.  Why?" I asked. 

"It;s just... I came to check up on you and you and him were in your bed." 

"What are you trying to say?" I was shocked my dad would think this way, usually he didn't care at all.  While my dad was trying to explain and talk, my mom kept calm and said nothing. 

"How are you not saying anything?" my dad asked my mom. 

"I don't think it's a big deal," my mom replied. 

"What?!?  Give me one reason why you don't think it's a big deal." 

"Well, actually I have a lot of reasons." 

"And they are?" 

"Well, we were young like them when we had Haeri, I don't think they would do anything like that, Gongchan's a good kid, they're teenagers after all, and I don't want to be like any old grandmother." 

After my mom had said that, my dad was completely speechless.  I mouthed 'thank you' to my mom and skipped away to meet Gongchan outside because he had texted me that he was waiting for me.  "Bye!" I sang as I ran out the door. 

 

 


Hello!  I hope you guys enjoyed reading!  And one more chapter to go~!  :D

 

~Angelflyer