Chapter 18

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

After school, I made my way out quickly before anyone got the chance to talk to me.  I decided to walk since I didn't want or need to get home right away.  As I walked on the lonely sidewalk by myself, I took my phone out of my back pocket and scrolled through my texts with Gongchan.  A smile grew onto my face as I read them.  Some- actually most- of our conversations were useless and didn't have much meaning to them, but still I loved them. 

Me: Gongchan Gongchan Gonchan

Gongchan: What, little princess?

Me: You wanna come over and watch a movie?

Gongchan: Could we watch a horror?

Me: Nevermind.  I'll go to bed early today. 

Gongchan: I was just kidding.

Me: Then hurry up!

 

Gongchan: I'm so bored at my grandma's house... you should've came with me.

Me: Your funny :P

Gongchan: Haeri-ah~~  I miss you...

Me:  Miss you too, best friend

~~

Gongchan: What college are you going to go to?

Me: I don't know... You?

Gongchan: Me either.

Me: Why are you asking then?

Gongchan: I don't know.  Well then what are you planning to do in the future?

Me: Probably move into the city or something, get married, have kids.  Normal stuff like that.

Gongchan: Wow is that it?  You are boring... :P  But any ways, how are you going to get married when you don't even have a boyfriend.

Me: I'll find one.

Gongchan: You don't have a lot of experience- actually you don't have any.

Me: Shut up, you meanie.... I hate you

Gongchan: Love you too~~

Me: Go away

Gongchan: I'm coming over right now, hehe! 

 

Me: Having fun in school by yourself today?

Gongchan: NO!  Are you sick?

Me: Yeah...

Gongchan: Why didn't you tell me?!?!  I could've stayed and helped you recover!

Me: Would you have wanted me to throw up on you? 

Gongchan: If it means that I can help you fell better than yes

Me: Oh well aren't you sweet

Gongchan: Aren't I always?

Me: No.

Gongchan: Well you're mean...

Me: Love you, best friend~  I'll come puke on you once you get back :)

 

I finally reached home and I wasn't even a quarter through all the texts between me and Gongchan.  It seemed endless, and I eventually just put my phone down to do something else. 

After I ate dinner, I headed back to my room to do homework.  Just as I got started on the pile that I had, Tao started calling me.  "Hello?" I answered, then put the phone on speaker. 

"Hey, Haeri," Tao said happily. 

"Did you need something?" I asked. 

"Not exactly, but you should come hang out with us." 

"Well... I kind of have a lot of homework to finish." 

"I'll help you, just come over." 

"Fine.  You better give me the answers then." 

"Yeah, yeah.  I'll see you soon." 

I packed up all my books and folders, then headed out to Tao's apartment.  I decided to just ride my skateboard there since neither of my parents were home and I didn't have a car of my own yet. 

Surprisingly I got there faster than I thought I would, but something else also surprised me... Gongchan and Jinae were also there.  I awkwardly set my stuff down in the corner and sat next to Yixing.  As soon as I entered the room the went silent, I guess everyone could tell that there a tense atmosphere between me and Jinae and Gongchan.

To avoid anymore awkwardness, I looked over to Tao and said, "Which subject did you want me to bring out first?" 

"Any, it doesn't matter," he replied. 

I grabbed my backpack and went to sit in the dinning room with Tao and Mai.  They helped me on my homework.  I quickly finished and then we headed back into the living room where everyone else was. 

Again it became awkward when I sat down.  Soon I just couldn't take it anymore and stood up.  "I think I should get going," I announced.  All their eyes shot to me. 

"Why?  You just got here," Tao said. 

"I know, but I'm tired already," I replied trying my best to sound convincing. 

"No, you should stay," Kris said. 

"Thanks, but I really should get going." 

"Haeri," I heard Gongchan say my name.  It was the first time tonight that he talked to me.  We made eye contact for a split second, but then I immediately looked away. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Tao," I said and threw my backpack over my shoulder. 

"Wait," Gongchan said and got up with me, "Let me walk you out." 

I silently nodded my head and went out first.  As I walked out of the apartment, I saw Jinae give me a look, but ignored her.  I was starting to regret ever coming over.  I didn't even get to actually hang out with Luhan and them because I had homework and because of how awkward it was. 

"Bye," I said when we reached the elevator. 

"Haeri-ah," he said softly. 

"Yeah?" I asked innocently. 

"Are you okay?" 

I nodded my head.  "Why?" 

Instead of answering me, he asked, "Did something happen between you and Jinae or something?"

"No.  Nothing happened.  Why are you asking me these questions, Gonghan?" 

"Because... it seems like something happened- you look bothered about something." 

I looked down to my feet then back up to him with a small smile.  "We were just talking.  Nothing big." 

He stared me down with his mesmerizing eyes that are always sparkling.  The elevator dinged then opened for me.  I gave him a little wave and walked in and pressed the lobby button. 

"Haeri, please tell me what's wrong..." he said in a low, pleading voice. 

I kept my small smile on and let the door close slowly until we couldn't see each other anymore.  As I sat in the elevator waiting for the door to open up to the lobby, I let out a sigh and started thinking about me and Gongchan. 

Gongchan's POV:

The next day at school, I got to school early just so that I could speak to Haeri.  I know I got a chance to talk to her last night, but I never got the answer I wanted from her and I really wanted to know. 

I sat in the classroom waiting for her to show up, but it seemed like hours passed by.  There was no one else in the room except for me, so it was quite lonely and quiet. 

When she finally showed up, though, I shot up from my seat and waited for her to come over to her desk.  Then once she sat down I stood in front of her and just stared at her for a second to study her features. 

"Haeri," I said softly when our eyes met. 

"Did you need something?" she asked.  Her voice, eyes, and everything about her seemed so innocent. 

"Yeah...  Tell me what Jinae and her friend said to you." 

"It was nothing.  I swear.  We were just discussing about school." 

I looked at her.  Her eyes looked away nervously, then swung back.  I sighed, "You're lying.  Just tell me the truth." 

All of a sudden the door swung open and in came one of Jinae's friends.  It surprised the both me and Haeri, and we both turned our head to her as she walked in.  "Can I take Haeri here with me for a second?" she asked nicely.  I nodded my head and watched as the two girls walked out of the room.  I was about to get up and follow them, but then my phone started ringing.  It was Jinae, so I couldn't just ignore her call. 

Tao's POV:

Kris drove me to school today because he had an early class and just decided out of no where that he'd drop me off.  I found it weird, but I didn't really mind, so I just went along with it. 

Just as I was walking to my class, I saw Haeri being pulled harshly by some girl- the same exact girl that got her in trouble at lunch that day.  I became angry and curious, so I quickened my pace and followed the two to a secluded hallway.  When they stopped, I stayed at the corner and tried to listen to their conversation. 

"Jinae told me about yesterday... I thought you said you were going to lay off!" the girl yelled. 

"I didn't know that they were there.  I went to hang out with my friend," Haeri explained. 

"Whatever.  You said you'd stay away, so stay away from him." 

"I know, and I will." 

"Then why were you just talking to him in private?"

"He came to talk to me-" 

"Would you stop lying and making up excuses?" 

"Okay, fine.  From now on I won't bother him and you guys." 

"Then it's settled.  I'll be keeping an eye on you, so you better watch out." 

There was silence, then footsteps started coming back my way.  I panicked a little, but then realized that my class wasn't too far from here and I had an excuse if either of them were going to bump into me. 

Luckily neither of them none of them said anything to me.  Haeri said hey, but then continued on her way.  Once they were both out of sight, I thought of their quick conversation just then. 

 

 


Hey guys!  here's a chapter for you guys!  I hope you like it!! :D  OH!  And cup-ramen here are your little text messages! ;)

 

~Angelflyer