Chapter 5

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

Friday afternoon came by in a flash and the last bell of the day had just rang.  Students rushed out of the class like crazy animals while me, Gongchan, Hana, and Baro casually walked out calmly. 

Gongchan and I parted from Hana and Baro when we got outside and watched as their figures disappeared into the crowd of people.  Then we started walking towards our houses. 

"Hey, did you want to go work on our project so we could get it out of the way?" I asked as I dropped my skateboard onto the ground and hopped on.  "And why didn't you bring your bike today?" 

"I don't know," he shrugged his shoulders.  "Actually I'm not free tonight.  I have to go somewhere." 

"Hmm?  Where?" 

"I didn't tell you?" 

"Tell me what?" 

"Well, Jinae... she's my girlfriend now and we planned on going out tonight." 

"O-oh..." I managed to show a reaction.  Mentally I was breaking down.  I felt myself stop breathing for a moment and hoped that all of this was just a dream, but then with a blink of an eye a car pulled over next to us.  The window rolled down and showed a glamorous Jinae.  I was completely jealous and I'm not even going to try and lie.  She has beautiful, flowing hair, her sparkly eyes, her perfect body shape, her car, her everything

I watched as Gongchan said good bye to me and climbed into the car.  As soon as he got into the car his smile seemed to shine one hundred times brighter than when he was with me.  I have to admit I've been jealous of the girls that he's dated in the past, but right now all the jealousy back then combined could not be compared to the jealousy I had right now.  They drove off to who knows where and left me there. 

After just standing there for a good minute or two I finally moved my feet.  I went straight home and threw my stuff in my room.  I cooked up a little snack for me and my brother since my mom had just called me saying that she'd be home late tonight. 

My little brother finally got home and ate the snack that I cooked.  He thanked me and then went up to his room.  Probably to play his game or watch t.v.  I tided up the downstairs just so it looked nice and then wandered around like I was a lost puppy.  I really had nothing to do now. 

Soon I just went up to my room and started on the project that was due Monday that we were supposed to do with our partners.  It's not that I wanted to make it seem like I had done all the work, but I really honestly had nothing else to do and I was starting to die from boredom.  After I had basically finished our project, I glanced at my clock beside my bed.  It was 6:27 pm.  My mom should be home soon. 

I ran back downstairs to the kitchen to cook something for dinner.  Then my brother came running down as soon as he heard the garage door open.  She was home, yet dinner wasn't done yet.  I sighed and greeted her as she walked through the door. 

"Dinner isn't ready yet," I said. 

"It's okay.  I can wait," my mom smiled and gave my brother a hug before walking into the kitchen to help me. 

After we were done making dinner, I set the table and we ate.  Once we were done I washed the dishes and went back up to my room.  I cleaned up and reorganized some things around.  Then my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Did you know that Gongchan was dating that girl Jinae?" Hana said. 

"Yeah, I found out earlier today." 

She sighed.  "I wish Gongchan wasn't so stupid." 

I laughed.  "You don't have to get mad about it.  I'm not." 

"Whatever.  I know your lying." 

Again I laughed.  This girl really was my best friend.  "Any ways, how did you find out?" 

"Baro wanted to go on a double date.  I literally wanted to punch the hell out of those two." 

"Who?" 

"My boyfriend and your crush.  I can't believe that Baro forgot that you liked Gongchan and just let him date Jinae like that.  I mean don't I fan girl about you two enough?" 

"Ah," I said.  I couldn't help but let out another laugh because of what she said.  "Don't worry about it Hana." 

"I have to worry about it."  I heard her sigh again. 

"I'm  going to hang up and head to bed." 

"See!  My best friend is depressed..." 

"I so am not depressed!" 

"Okay, good night!" 

Then she hung up.  I plugged my phone in it's charger and went to take a shower.  Once I was done with my nice, warm shower I put my pajamas on and went to bed.  I know it was still early, 8:33 pm to be exact, but I just wanted to sleep and get away from reality for a little bit. 

Just as I was drifting off into a deep sleep in dreamland, my phone started ringing.  Before I checked who it was, I looked at the time, it was 11:56.  Almost midnight...  I looked at the caller ID and saw Gongchan's name across the top.  I groaned and then answered it. 

"What?" I asked in annoyance. 

"Were you sleeping?" he asked in a quiet voice. 

I ignored his question and asked, "Gongchan, what do you want?" 

"I just wanted to say good night..."  His excuse seemed really unconvincing.  I was really up now and sat up in my bed. 

"No, really what do you want?" 

"Nothing.  I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Shik Gonchan, you better not hang up or I'll kill you."  I warned him, but I heard him giggle and then the line went off.  I let out a sigh and thought of how big of an he was. 

The next morning I woke up and washed up right away.  I ate breakfast with my parents who weren't arguing today and then ran over to Gongchan's house.  His little brother answered the door and let me in without saying a word.  But just before he ran upstairs to his room, he yelled, "Gongchan's in his room sleeping.  Can you go wake him up for me?" 

He didn't even wait for my answer, but he probably know I would go wake him up any ways.  After I took my shoes off and quickly greeted his mom who was in the living room watching t.v. with his dad, I ran up to his room. 

Carefully and quietly I entered his room and closed the door behind me.  He looked dead as he laid on his bed motionless.  I silently laughed at myself and made my way over to him.  I looked around his room and saw that it had changed a little bit since the last time I was in here, even though I was just in here a couple of days ago. 

As I walked over to him I tripped over his backpack and almost fell, but luckily I caught myself before I could.  I looked at him and saw that he tossed around in his sleep, but didn't actually wake up.  I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding in and continued moving towards the boy. 

When I got close to him I smiled at his peaceful sleeping face, then leaned towards his ear and started whispering stuff to him.  "Wake up," I said quietly.  "Get up now."  He didn't move an inch, so I carefully pinched his nose. 

Finally he got up and push my hand away.  "What are you trying to, do kill me?"  He looked at me like I was crazy.  I started laughing like crazy and backed away off his bed.  "You were serious yesterday weren't you?"  I suddenly stopped laughing and looked at him.  Then our little talk yesterday popped into my mind.  I had totally forgot about it. 

He pushed his covers off to the side and sat up in his bed.  I scanned him quickly and saw that he was shirtless.  If I were some other girl I'd probably be drooling all over him right now, but I've seen him shirtless many times before.  Just that this time it seemed a little different since it's been such a long time since I've seen him like this and it really surprised me that his abs were really showing. 

Before I knew it I found him smirking at me.  "You like?" he asked in a creepy way.  I scoffed and rolled my eyes.  Then he got off his bed and walked towards me until my back hit his wall. 

"You're an ," I said in a low tone. 

"Thank you very much," he smiled and reached for a shirt from his drawer next to us. 

"I guess I'll be going now since I did my job." 

"Wait," he said and grabbed my wrist.  "Don't you want to hang out today?" 

"I'm going to the skate park." 

"No.  I'm don't want you to go there.  Your not fully healed yet." 

"Oh stop your worrying.  I'm fine."  I started towards the door and grabbed the doorknob. 

"Lee Haeri."  I liked the way he called my name.  I looked back at him and smirked before walking out. 

Downstairs his parents were still watching t.v.  I tried to quietly get passed them, but they saw me just as I was about to put my shoes on.  "Haeri, come join us," his mother said.  I couldn't say no, so I went over and sat next to them. 

Gongchan's POV:

I heard my door open as I was sleeping.  I thought that it was just my mom pick up my laundry, but the door quietly closed as soon as it opened.  Then I heard someone hit their foot or something against my backpack.  Quickly I took a sneak peek at who it was.  I smiled as soon as I saw Haeri trying to be sneaky.  I turned around so that I was facing the wall and that she wouldn't see my smiling face. 

Then I felt her pinch my nose together.  I got up then because she wouldn't stop bothering me and because I couldn't really breath correctly.  As I sat up in my bed, I saw her staring at me, specifically my body.  I smirked and got up to walk towards her.  I just wanted to mess with her a little bit because it was funny to see her like this. 

She ran out saying that she was going to go tot he skate park.  Suddenly I wasn't in such a playful mood.  I really didn't want her to go since the last time she got hurt.  She was still trying to heal, but she wanted to go any ways.  I think it was fair enough that I still let her ride her skateboard to get around. 

When I was done doing what I do in the mornings, I went downstairs to see that Haeri was still here sitting in the living room with my parents.  I greeted them good morning and went into the kitchen to eat something.  As I was, I overheard their conversation. 

"I heard about your parents' argument," I heard my mom say.  Silence hung over for a minute.  "You know that you and your brother can always come over if you guys aren't comfortable hearing your parents argue, okay?" 

"Thank you," Haeri's voice said.  She suddenly seemed so small and vulnerable then. 

That was it.  Their conversation stopped because I found myself walking into the room.  "We'll be going out for a bit," I announced to my parents and looked to Haeri.  She got up and said good bye to my parents.  Then we left. 

"Where did you want to go?" I asked her. 

"Let's go into the city," she said. 

We lived right outside Seoul, so we could basically walk there.  I nodded my head and we started on our way over to Seoul.  As we walked there we made small talk, but it seemed as if our conversation had gotten empty and lonely after a while.  It felt weird that it was like this, but I didn't want to say anything. 

 

 


Hi there!! Here's an update for you guys!! I hope you like it!  :)

 

~Angelflyer