Chapter 7

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Gongchan's POV:

We headed back to my place afterwards and went straight up to my room.  My parents seemed to be out at the moment, but I didn't think that they'd mind.  My brother was gone, too, so I guessed that he went with my parents to where ever they went. 

I went to my dresser and pulled out a small shirt and some shorts for Haeri to wear.  She took them right away and left to change in the bathroom.  While she was gone I changed as well.  Quickly I checked the time, it was almost 8 pm.  Then my laptop made a ringing noise.  I smiled because that meant that Jinae wanted to video chat. 

I clicked the answer button and her face showed up on the screen.  She flashed her smile right away and it made my heart jump.  "Hi, Jin-ah~!" I sang and smiled widely. 

"Hi, baby," she greeted. 

After talking for a while at my desk, I lifted my laptop up carefully and went to my bed.  Then Haeri finally came back in after changing, but I was too immersed in my and Jinae's conversation that I didn't look up to her. 

"Yah!  Did you hear me?" Haeri's voice asked. 

Finally I looked up at her and stared at her startled by her sudden yelling.  "W-what?" I asked. 

"Can I use your charger and what are you doing?" 

"Talking with Jinae; and my charger is right there." 

"Oh... okay.  I'm going downstairs." 

"Kay."  I watched as she put her phone on my side table and charged it, then headed out of my room. 

"Who was that, Channie?" Jinae asked.  I looked back to her and saw her facial expression. 

"Oh, that was just Haeri." 

She just nodded her head and changed the subject.  When we finally called it a night, it was about 3 in the morning.  I was surprised because it didn't seem like we were talking for that long.  I turned my laptop off and put it back on my desk. 

Then I walked down to the kitchen to grab something to drink.  When I came down to the living room, I saw Haeri laying on the couch peacefully sleeping with the t.v. on.  I went to gulp down some water really quick before coming back. 

I knelt down beside her and saw a tear escape from her eye as she was sleeping.  I was shocked for a second.  She was crying in her sleep.  My best friend was crying even in her sleep now and I didn't know what to do.  She shuffled around in her sleep and made her back face me.  Then I snuck my arms underneath her and lifted her up bridal style and brought her to my room. 

Once I set her down on my bed I saw her eyes open and sat up straight.  She looked terrified for a second, but I sat next to her.  She seemed to calm down when she saw me, but I saw her eyes start to get watery. 

"Are you okay, Haeri?" I asked worried.  She nodded her head and rubbed her eyes.  "Go to sleep, it's late," I said softly and she nodded her head again.  She laid back down and closed her eyes and brought the blanket up to her chin. 

After I was for sure that Haeri was asleep, I fixed up a small bed on the ground so that I could sleep.  After I did that, I went to wash up.  Then I came back and fell asleep right away. 

Your POV:

When I woke up it was about 7 in the morning.  I got up and found Gongchan sleeping on the ground.  I had to walk around him just to get to the door.  Once I was out of his room, I went to the bathroom.  Then I came back and sat on his bed and went through my SNS. 

As I waited for him to wake up, I realized that I had many texts, missed calls, and voicemails.  They were all from my mom, dad, house phone, and Gongchan's mom.  And they all seemed to call when my phone was dead.  I checked them all and they were all the same thing.  So I just threw my phone back onto the side table and laid down to stare up at the ceiling. 

Soon I heard Gongchan move around.  I turned to my side to look and see if he was up yet.  When he sat up I felt relieved, I won't have to just sit there and do nothing now. 

He turned his head towards me and smiled a sloppy smile to me.  I couldn't help but look at how hot he looked.  Him and his messy hair and that smile across his face really made my heart skip a beat. 

"Hey, your up," he said. 

"Yeah... it's so boring," I playfully pouted. 

He just smiled and then got up.  While he was in the bathroom, I decided to fold his blankets on the floor.  As soon as I was done he came back into the room.  I silently sat on his bed while he went on his phone. 

"Do you have plans today?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I'm going out with Jinae today.  If you really want you can tag along." 

My smile disappeared when he said that he had plans with Jinae.  "I-I don't want to be the third-wheel.  You two go have fun." 

"Okay then.  I'll probably come over tonight." 

"No, it's okay.  Have fun with your girlfriend."  I stood up and softly punched his shoulder then grabbed the close that I was wearing the previous day and changed in the bathroom. 

"You're going now?" Gongchan asked when I came back into the room. 

"Yeah, you need to get ready for your date and maybe I should go talk to my mom," I replied. 

"Okay.  I'll text you." 

"Kay.  Bye." 

I threw his clothes on his bed and left with my phone in hand.  Hesitantly I entered my home.  When I did, I heard talking coming from the kitchen.  It sounded like my parents, but I didn't want to talk to either of them right now.  Quietly I made my way upstairs and hoped that the floor wouldn't creek under me. 

When I succeeded getting to my room without making any noise, I let out a sigh of relief.  Then I took my phone out of my pocket and called my Hana hoping that she wasn't busy today. 

"Hello?" she asked. 

"What are you doing today?" I asked right away. 

"Nothing.  Why?" 

"Did you want to hang out?" 

"Sure.  Where do you want to go?" 

"Any where, I just need to get out of here." 

"Why?" 

"Long story.  I'll tell you later." 

"Okay.  Well... let's meet at the your favorite cafe." 

"Kay, I'll see you there." 

Then we hung up.  I went to wash up and change my clothes before heading out.  But before I actually left, I snuck into my brother's room quietly to talk to him.  When I was inside, I found him playing a game. 

"Junsu," I called. 

He turned his head my way and looked surprised to see me.  "When did you come home?" he asked. 

"A few minutes ago.  If mom and dad are wondering tell them that I went out, okay?" 

"Okay... you'll come back this time though, right?" 

I smiled to him.  "I came back before, so of course I'll come back." 

"Okay, I'll see you later then." 

"Thanks, Junsu-ah." 

Then I really left.  Again I was successful on leaving the house without a noise.  Once I reached the great outdoors, I started towards the cafe.  On my way there, I spotted a familiar car heading the way of my house.  I looked at it for a second and realized that it was Jinae's car and she was driving to pick Gongchan up. 

I couldn't see her clearly, but I think she had a face of disgust or something when she saw me.  Somehow I didn't feel anything at all.  But I was asking myself why she was staring at me like that.  I've never done anything wrong to her, plus I've even helped her in the past because she was a newbie.  Tsk... whatever. 

 

 


Hey guys!! here's another chapter for you all!  I hope you guys like it and go comment, subscribe, and maybe even upvote if you like this story!  Thank you! 

 

~Angelflyer