Chapter 3

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

The next morning, I woke up early on purpose because I knew that Gongchan would probably be over any minute now to wake me up.  After I was done in the bathroom and walked out, I saw Gongchan sitting on my bed scrolling on his phone. 

"Get out," I said plainly as I walked over to my dresser. 

"Why?" he asked not looking up from his phone. 

"I need to change." 

"Oh."  He got up and headed out the door. 

Once I was done getting ready, I went downstairs to the kitchen.  There I met my mom, brother, and Gongchan again.  This time instead of just getting toast, I got a full breakfast.  After we ate, we went straight for the bus stop since Gongchan wouldn't let me ride my skateboard at all until I was fully healed.  I smiled and silently thanked him for how worried he was for me. 

We got to school and it went how it went yesterday.  All boring and not really paying attention anything.  When lunch finally came around, I got up and was about to walk with Hana, but Gongchan grabbed me away before I could reach her. 

Gongchan's POV:

Today I didn't want to be separated with Haeri.  I really owed her because of yesterday and because she paid for our food at the restaurant.  So I threw my arm around her before she could get away.  I pulled her along with me to the cafeteria. 

It was better today, instead of numerous amounts of "fan girls" coming at me all at once, there were only a couple there.  Others were just staring at me from afar, which kind of creeped me out a little bit- but whatever. 

"Why do you seem so bummed out?" I asked when I looked down to her and saw her face. 

"Nothing," she said.  Her face suddenly turned into a happy smiley one.  I gave her a look before looking straight waiting for our turn. 

After we grabbed our food, we went and sat in the spot where she was sitting in yesterday while I was sitting with my hyungs and being surrounded by girls.  It was much quieter here and you could see outside. 

"What are you going to do after school?" I asked. 

"Nothing as usual," she replied with a sigh. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

"Yeah.  Why?  Do I seem-"

"Depressed?  Yes." 

She laughed.  "I'm usually like this, though.  Why do you suddenly care so much, huh?"  Her eyes grew wider when she asked me that question and I asked myself why I suddenly was like this, too. 

"Because you're my best friend," I replied honestly. 

"Wow, okay.... well, I probably have to watch my brother tonight." 

"Why don't you leave him at my house, then we could go out with my hyungs?" 

"I don't want to hang out with you boys."  she made a disgusted face and emphasized "boys." 

"You basically are one," I laughed.  She scoffed and punched my shoulder.  Then we finished up eating our lunch and went back to the classroom.  Since we were early, it was only the two of us. 

"Hey, where's Baro?" I asked since I didn't see him at his regular table. 

"Probably making out with Hana," Haeri said casually. 

"You don't think that they're doing-" 

"No, Hana's pretty innocent.  I don't think she would do that." 

I nodded my head and thought of what they could be doing then.  I had to shake my head to not think about anything dirty.  Then I just sat down in my seat and put my head down. 

"What's wrong with you?" Haeri asked and tapped my head. 

"Nothing," I mumbled not wanting to tell her what I was thinking. 

She laughed and said okay.  Soon the bell rang and people started filling the class, that included Hana and Baro.  The second bell rang a few minutes later and the teacher came in.  Class started and the long lessons went by. 

Finally it was the end of the day and I packed up my stuff and bolted out of the class to get to my locker.  Then I went over to Haeri's locker to meet her there.  She was silently shoving things into her locker and into her backpack.  Then she closed the locker and turned to face me. 

"What?" she asked. 

"Let's go," I replied and we walked out of the school together.  We took the bus together since we went different ways at the end of the day yesterday. 

We parted ways when she went to her house and I went into mine.  When I entered the room, I saw my parents in the kitchen cooking and my brother sitting on the table.  I greeted them and ran upstairs to throw my backpack to the floor.  Then I ran back downstairs and out the door to Haeri's house. 

She opened the door and let me in again.  We hung out for a little bit, then her little brother came home.  "Hyung!" he shouted when he saw me.  I smiled and greeted him with a hug.  He was like my other little brother. 

"Are you going to do what I suggested earlier?" I asked Haeri as she went into the kitchen to cook some sort of snack for us. 

"No, I'm probably going to go hang out with some of my other friends later tonight," she replied. 

"Ah, I see how it is," I said pretending to be offended. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Shik, but I also have friends." 

"I know, I know." 

Her mom came home right as I was about to leave.  I said good bye to them and ran over to my house really quick to grab my phone and then went to meet my friends at Jinyoung's father's cafe. 

We usually put on a small performance there whenever we can, and today was one of those days.  I greeted them and climbed onto the stage to help setting things up.  As soon as our mics were set up, we began. 

After we were done singing, we climbed down from the stage and went to sit at the table in the back that Jinyoung's dad personalized just for us.  As we were sitting there and messing around as we always do, a girl from our school came over, her name was Jinae.  I knew that she was from our school because I had a small crush on her since last year when she moved here. 

"H-hi," I stuttered. 

My friends knew of my small crush on her and secretly gave me smirks.  "Well, I have to go to the bathroom," both Baro and Sanduel said.  "And I have to help my dad really quick.  Come on Shinwoo," Jinyoung said and excused himself.  Then it was only me and Jinae. 

I invited her to sit down and she sat next to me.  "So, did you hear us sing?" I asked nervously. 

"Yeah, you guys were great.  I loved your voice the most," she said. 

"A-ah, r-really?  Thanks."  I felt my cheeks starting to get hot. 

"You're really cute when you blush." 

"Thanks.  I really like your smile." 

"Thank you..."  After a pause of silence, she confessed, "You know... I've always watched you from afar, but I've always been kind of nervous and scared to talk to you." 

"Well, you're doing fine now." 

"Yeah, I guess..." she looked down at the table.  "Are you and Lee Haeri dating?" 

"Huh?  No, why?" 

"Because it seems like you are and a lot of people are saying that you guys are." 

"Oh, we're very comfortable with each other- we've been friends for a long time now." 

"So, now that I know that you're really single... did you want to be my boyfriend?" 

I was totally shocked that she, my crush Jinae, had just asked for me to be her boyfriend.  I was so happy and excited that all I could do was flash her a big smile and nod.  She giggled and gave me a hug.  It felt strange as to how close she and I became, but then again she seemed way more confident in doing things than I ever was. 

Your POV:

"Noona, come eat," I heard Junsu say after he knocked on my door. 

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute," I replied and shut my laptop down. 

After I put my laptop away, I ran downstairs to sit at the table.  My mom already had food there and we dug in immediately.  Once we had finished dinner, I helped with the dishes and dashed out of the house to meet up with my friends. 

I threw my skateboard out in front of me and hopped on.  I know that Gongchan didn't want me skateboarding at all, but it was quicker than walking and I didn't want to waste gas just to go down a couple of blocks. 

"Hey, Haeri," Amber greeted me.  I got off my skateboard and picked it up. 

"Hi guys," I greeted back. 

"What happened to your arm?" Sehun asked as he stared at my elbow, which was still wrapped. 

"Fell," I replied calmly. 

"How?" Kai asked. 

"I don't know."  I shrugged my shoulders even though I knew exactly why and how I fell.  We headed into Kai's house and hung out for a while.  Then it became dark, so I got up and left. 

Once I got home, I saw that Gongchan's light was still off.  I thought that he would be home by now.  It was passed 10 o'clock already.  Then I saw a figure walking from downtown.  I stopped in front of my house and picked my skateboard up. 

"Why are you skateboarding?" I heard his voice scold me.  I smiled and waved to him before walking up to my front door.  "Yah!" he yelled.  I opened the door and waved to him one last time before going in. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and walked in. 

I regretted walking in though because as soon as I came in I heard arguing coming from the kitchen.  It was my parents.  My happy, smiley face turned into a sad slash angry one.  I sighed and took my shoes off before heading upstairs to my room. 

After I was done getting washed up and stuff, I was thirsty and wanted to go get something to drink, but as soon as I heard my parents still arguing I backed up and closed my door.  It was the same thing that they were arguing about.  Everything.  I don't even remember when they started arguing like this.  Maybe when my dad started putting work first and then family.  I don't know.  I didn't even care to remember any more. 

Suddenly there was a big glass crash.  I startled me and made me jump out of my bed and rush downstairs.  There I saw my dad holding a glass cup in his hands with blood running down his fingers.  My mom was standing across from him at a distance.  She didn't seem hurt nor did it look like she was touched at all.  So I guess that my dad just hit the glass against the counter in anger. 

Slowly I backed away again up to my room.  But right before I could get a chance to touch my doorknob, my brother's door cracked opened and I could see half his face showing.  I gave him a weak smile trying to let him  know that it'll be okay, but the tears just ran down his face.  I pushed the door so that I could go in and hug him. 

 

 


Hey guys!! here's another chapter for you all!! I hope you like it!! :D and I decided to just add some characters here and there, like Amber, Kai, and Sehun, just for fun. 

 

~Angelflyer