Chapter 16

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

As I was talking to Hana on the phone about something, there was a loud crash that came from downstairs.  I told Hana that I'd call her back, then I quickly made my way down to where the noise came from. 

"What the hell?" I heard my mom scream. 

"Honey-" my dad started. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw a broken plate on the ground and my parents standing there with another woman.  "What's going on?" I asked as I eyed the three adults in the room. 

"Who's that?" the woman asked and scanned me from top to bottom like she wasn't impressed. 

"My daughter," my mom replied, "that shouldn't be here right now."  She gave me a look telling me that I should just go mind my own business, but I didn't budge at all. 

"You never told me you had kids," the woman said looking up to my dad. 

"Look-" my dad tried to say, but was cut off. 

"I thought that everything was all good," my mom yelled. 

"It is.  I have no idea what she's doing here." 

The woman looked annoyed and put her hand on her hip sassily.  "Well, I came to tell you that I was pregnant." 

"W-what?!"  My mom looked at my dad in disbelief.  Even my dad looked surprised to find this out. 

"No, no, no, no, no... this can't be right," my dad mumbled. 

"Here's the pregnancy test," the woman said and handed him the stick. 

"You believe those?" my dad asked. 

"Yeah, of course." 

"Well, still, this has to be a mistake.  This isn't right." 

"Yes it is.  And you're going to be held responsible." 

"No, I'm not." 

"Fine.  We still have the divorce papers, so it won't take long for us to get everything over with," my mom said finally. 

"Wait, honey," my dad pleaded.  He walked over to her and tried to get close, but my mom slapped him.  I was shocked.  Everyone tensed up and there was complete silence. 

Then out of no where we heard my brother's voice, "I thought you guys promised that we'd stay together as a family.  You promised!  You guys broke it and it hasn't even been that long!  I hate you two!  I HATE you so much!" 

And with that he ran out of the house.  I gave my parents a death glare before running out after him.  Junsu was quite a runner, so I had to really try hard to catch up to him.  When I did catch up to him, finally, we were at a small bridge and he was climbing over the side. 

"Junsu-ah!" I yelled. 

He looked up at me and gave me a small smile with tears running down his cheeks.  Chills ran up and down my spine as I realized what he was trying to do.  Tears formed in my eyes and fell as I ran over to him and reached out my had to grab him before he let go, but I was a second late and he mouthed "I love you, noona.  Bye-bye," as he fell. 

He splashed into the water and I was completely shocked.  The little stream wasn't actually that deep, but it did have a couple of sharp rocks at the bottom.  Quickly I made my around and slid down the small hill down to the river and went to grab my little brother.  As soon as I got a hold of him, I went back to the little shore with him.  After I made sure he was breathing okay, I picked him up and rushed to the hospital.  I know running was the most stupidest and slowest thing, but there were no cars near by, so I had to improvise for the time being. 

Once I got him to the hospital, they took him away and let me dry up in the waiting room.  I was too busy thinking and worrying about Junsu that I didn't even dry up, I just left the towel hanging around my neck.  I didn't even realize that one of the nurses were trying to get my attention, either. 

"Miss," the nurse called. 

"Yeah," I said and looked up. 

"Can I have your parents' contact info?" 

I nodded my head and wrote my house phone number on a note pad for her.  She thanked me and then walked away- probably to call my mom and dad to come down here. 

A few minutes passed and they came in no time.  They were both so worried and were a bit panicky as well.  Suddenly my dad got mad at me for no reason and yelled at me.  "How did this happen?  I thought I always told you to take care of your brother?  Is this called taking care of him when he's in the hospital, huh?!?!" he asked in anger. 

How could my dad be blaming this whole thing on me?  And what was up with people being all mad at me?  Does everyone really hate me that much?  I sighed and just let my dad throw whatever words he needed to throw at me.  Then my mom pushed him away.  "Leave her alone!  It wasn't her fault!" she shouted. 

Soon a doctor came around the corner and said, "I can't let you guys in if you keep this arguing up.  You will need to take it outside if you need to blow some steam off." 

Both my parents calmed down in that minute.  Then we walked into the room that Junsu was assigned to.  I saw him right away as I walked in on the bed and tears started to blur my vision.  He looked so pale and fragile, although he did have some scratches and bruises here and there. 

"He doesn't have any major injures, so he should be fine," the doctor said. 

After the doctor left, it went quiet.  None of us talked at all, there was only the sound of the machine beeping and that was it.  Otherwise it was dead silent and awkward.  I got bored after a while and dozed off in the chair beside Junsu. 

~~

"Go away!" I heard Junsu scream while I was sleeping.  I slowly opened my eyes and realized that the yelling wasn't from my dream.  Junsu was pushing my parents away while trying to hide himself under the covers.  Quickly I got up from the chair and pushed my dad aside.  Then the nurse and doctor came rushing into the room. 

Junsu finally caught sight of me just as they did come rushing into the room and wrapped his arms around my waist and quieted down.  I made his scoot over so that I could hold him properly. 

"Junsu, stop being so stubborn," my mom scolded. 

"Let us talk to you," my dad added. 

I looked up to my parents and shook my head at them.  They really shouldn't be in here yet.  They should let Junsu cool down and understand first before trying to shove a bunch of words at him.  The nurse brought my parents out of the room, then the doctor came over to the other side of the bed. 

"Junsu," the doctor called softly.  Junsu slightly turned to see who it was that called him, but still was holding my waist tightly.  "Hi, I'm you doctor.  Can you tell me why you didn't want your parents to be in here?" 

There was silence in the room once again.  I could tell that Junsu didn't want to talk about it.  He litterally kept his mouth shut and buried his face back into my shirt.  It was like he was a little kid again and he was scared and he came running to me for protection. 

The doctor left after a couple of minutes because Junsu wouldn't say anything.  Once there was no one in the room anymore, though, he backed away and sat up straight.  Then he looked at me and asked me questions. 

"Do you have to go to college?" he asked looking sad.  I tilted my head to the side slightly and nodded my head.  "Are you going to go far away?"  I shook my head.  "Noona... is our family... broken?" 

Tears welled up in my eyes again, but I blinked them away quickly.  "I don't know, Junsu... I don't know." 

"Noona," he said. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Do you still love mom and dad and me?" 

"Of course I do." 

"I'm sorry for trying to do that..." 

"It's okay.  But don't try to do that again, okay?" 

"I won't." 

"Good."  I cracked a smile and patted the top of his head.  "You should get some sleep.  It's like 2 in the morning or something right now." 

"Okay.  Promise you'll stay here?" 

"Promise." 

We hooked pinkies, then he turned to fall asleep.  I went back to the chair that I was sleeping in and tried searching for my phone, but forgot that I left it at home.  I sighed and held my knees close to my body.  As I tried to go back to sleep, I wondered how this could happen. 

Gongchan's POV:

After I ate dinner, I went outside to play soccer with my brother, but then I heard some people yelling out in the front yard.  It was somewhat late now and the sun was setting.  I walked around my house to see if I could get a glimpse at who was yelling.  When I looked I saw Haeri's parents and another woman standing by a car. 

I saw them yelling even more, but I didn't want to get into it, so I went back to where my brother was waiting.  We played outside for a while longer, then headed back in. 

When I went back up to my room, I noticed that Haeri's light wasn't on.  I texted her asking where she was, but 10 minutes passed and she didn't answer.  I tried calling her, but still no answer.  Maybe sh'e's still mad at me...  i let out a sigh and flopped onto my bed and decided to go to sleep early today. 

 

 


Hey guys!! Here's a chapter for you all!  I hope you like it!  OH, and I'm sorry that I'm not updating as fast as I used to... I just don't have a lot of time anymore- plus I'm running this fanfic and two others, so yeah...  I'll see if I can update another chapter for this story tomorrow!!

 

~Angelflyer