Chapter 6

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

Gongchan and I walked to Seoul to hang out for a while.  While we were walking, girls about our age kept staring at us- more specifically Gongchan.  He was really good at attracting girls, and that just made me even more jealous than I already was.  I mean, of course I was a bit jealous before, but I guess I've really started to notice how many pretty girls are out there that can just take Gongchan any day. 

Unknowingly I sighed- and pretty loud.  It made Gongchan look at me curiously.  Instead of him saying something, he just stared at me.  I already knew what he was going to ask or talk about already, though.  But I purposely didn't say anything at all.  I didn't want to. 

We walked around the stores and I saw this shirt that I really wanted, but I realized then that I didn't bring my wallet with me.  Gongchan realized he had forgotten his too when he said that he'll pay for me.  Then we skipped the stores and just went around sightseeing even though we've seen Seoul many times before. 

While we were walking back, it was awkward just like when we were heading there.  Thankfully Gongchan brought up the project because I started to get uncomfortable with the silence. 

"So, did you want to work on the project today?" he asked. 

"I already did all of it," I lied. 

"What?  Why would you do all of it without me?" 

"I was bored yesterday and I had a lot of time on my hands, so..."

"You shouldn't have done all of it though."  I could tell that he was getting pissed.  He's always about fairness and doesn't like when someone else does all the work when it's a group or partner project.  Or maybe he's just like that to me. 

"I just kidding.  We just need to finish a couple more things and then we're done.  Don't get so worked up about it." 

He just kept quiet after I said that, but continued to stare at me.  I had enough of his staring and pushed his face away.  He started laughing and threw his arm around my neck.  I couldn't help, but smile and let his arm hang around me. 

We got to my house and finished up the project before doing anything else.  Then I ran downstairs first and into the kitchen to where my mom was making something for lunch. 

"Where's dad?" I asked noticing that my father wasn't around. 

"At work as usual," my mom said, clearly annoyed. 

"But he doesn't work today, it's a Saturday." 

"Well, I guess things had to change for him." 

I kept silent afterwards because my mom seemed to be getting angry, but didn't want to lash out at me.  I went to the fridge to get something to drink, but when I did, I noticed a dent in the wall next to it. 

"What happened?" I asked while pointing to the wall. 

"Nothing.  It was just a little accident," my mom answered simply. 

"You and dad fought again, right?" I mumbled. 

"What?" 

"Why do you and dad keep fighting?"  My voice was louder now, but my mom still didn't seem to hear. 

"What?  Stop mumbling and talk more clearly." 

"It's getting old and more dangerous.  Do you know how scared Junsu is?" 

"Lee Haeri, what is wrong with you?" 

"I'm scared.  Every single time..." 

"It's nothing you have to worry about, okay?  Just go and have fun." 

"Every single damn time I'm afraid that you'll eventually kill each other." 

This time she just sat there and listened to what I had to say.  I could tell by the look on her face that she was getting furious.  I don't know why she's the one mad, it should be me, right? 

"When will you guys stop?  When will it become peaceful again.  It's been going on constantly.  I can't take it... I can't take any of this bull anymore.  I just can't." 

I glanced up at her and saw her walk towards me with a sad face, but instead of just standing there and letting her hold me, I turned and darted out the door almost knocking my brother and Gongchan down.  Right at that moment I didn't care at all, I just ran.  I didn't even know where I was going, but I wanted to do anything that I could to get away from that house of mine.  It's stressing me out and I'm scared like I said.  And this arguing has been going on forever and I can't take it.  I don't show or tell people about it, maybe except for Gongchan, but it really hurts me. 

It was about 5 pm when I finally stopped running because my legs were tired and I just couldn't run anymore.  I found myself by a park a block down from my grandparents' old house.  I would've ran to their house, but they no longer live there.  They live within my heart and even though I cannot physically see them anymore, I can still feel them watching over me all the time. 

Slowly I made my way over to the swings and sat down.  The swings were facing a beautiful lake and I just stared out to it.  It was peaceful, but I knew that the peacefulness couldn't last forever.  I sighed and watched as the waves rolled up to the lake's shore. 

Just as I was about to get up and walk over to the water, someone came and sat next to me.  I didn't know what to say or how to react.  Honestly, I didn't want him to come after me, but then again I really did want him to.  And now he's here. 

"Your mom's worried about you," he said after he got comfortable in the swing.  I bit my bottom lip and stayed silent.  "You know... you shouldn't have run off.  What if something happened to you?" 

"Things were meant to happen, right?" 

"Some, yeah... but other things can be prevented." 

After a pause, I asked, "Why did you come after me?" 

"Because your mom asked me to... and of course I was worried." 

"Oh... well, you can tell my mom that I'm fine." 

"Come back with me." 

"I don't feel like going back home." 

"Then you can sleep over at my house." 

I looked at him weirdly.  "Do you know how long it's been since we've slept at each other's houses?" 

"Yeah, like forever.  That's why I want you to come sleepover tonight." 

"Then... can we stop by my grandparents' grave?" 

Gongchan's POV:

I was walking down the stairs following Haeri, but then I overheard them talking and didn't want to inturupt anything, so I stood in the middle of the stair way.  Then suddenly I heard Haeri start raising her voice.  Junsu came walking down and I didn't want to seem suspicious, so I walked down with him.  Right when we reached the bottom of the stairs, Haeri came running towards us and out the door. 

Her mother stood in between the kitchen and the living room staring at the open front door.  She looked completely upset.  I couldn't tell if she was more angry or sad, but for sure she was upset that her daughter said those things.  I started to wonder if she ever knew about Haeri's feelings. 

"I-I'll go after her," I said and went to put my shoes on. 

"Thank you, Gongchan," her mom said in a soft voice. 

Before I left to run after Haeri, I nodded my head at her mom.  Then I went after the girl.  When she finally stopped running, I found her sitting on a swing in a nice park.  I made my way over to her and sat in the swing next to her. 

I invited her to sleep over the night because I knew that she wouldn't want to go back to her house tonight.  Then she asked to visit her grandparents' grave.  I couldn't say no, so I nodded my head and we walked to the grave site where her grandparents were buried. 

She walked right over to the two tombstones and knelt down.  I watched as she cleaned up the stones with her hands and put her hand down.  It was very painful for me to watch and I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed. 

Soon I started to hear sniffling coming from her.  I looked back down to her, but her back was still facing me.  We spent a couple more minutes there and then she got up.  Even from behind I saw her wipe her eyes and try to look okay.  When she turned around to look at me and tell me that we could go, I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her.  I rested my chin on her shoulder as she buried her face into my left shoulder.  She gripped onto my shirt and started shivering.  Then her tears started seeping through my shirt.  I pressed my lips into a line and felt bad for her.  To try to calm her down, I started her hair and patted her back. 

 

 


Hey guys!! Here's a chapter for you all!  I hope you like it and comment below what you guys think!!  I'd love to read your guys' amazing comments and I will reply as soon as I can :)

 

~Angelflyer