Chapter 19

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

By the time I got back to my classroom, the bell rang.  I guess you could say that I was lucky then and didn't have to talk to Gongchan as soon as I got back.  But throughout the day, my mind was just going crazy.  I couldn't focus on anything that the teacher was saying for even a minute. 

I was so thankful that the day went by fast, though.  As soon as that last bell rang, I shot up first and made it out of the building as fast as I could.  Everything was frustrating me and I didn't want to talk or deal with anything right then. 

Before I knew it, my feet took me to my grandparents' grave.  I dropped my backpack onto the ground and soon was knelt down beside their graves crying my heart out.  I know I didn't have anything really serious to cry about, but I was really stressed out from everything being thrown on me today and every other terrible day. 

I quietly spoke to them as if they were right there in front of me listening to every word that came out of my mouth.  When I finally had run out of tears and words to say, I looked up to the sky and realized that it was getting late.  It was also cold and I had been shivering as I walked home.  So I was glad when I walked into my house that was warm. 

The next day, as soon as I woke up I didn't feel too good.  I knew that I was getting sick from staying out last night, but I had to go to school especially since I wasn't paying attention yesterday. 

So when I got to school, it went like any normal day.  By the end of the school day, though, I really started to feel sick.  My head was heating up, I felt a bit light-headed, and all in all I just didn't feel the greatest.  Right after the last bell rang, I went straight home. 

Like always no one was home yet, so I just did what I had to do to take care of myself.  Then I went up to my room, did my homework and went to bed early. 

Gongchan's POV:

Every single day I get more and more curious about Jinae and Haeri and what's going on between the two.  I have a feeling that it's something bad because Haeri's stopped talking to me again.  Well... not that she ever offically started talking to me again after our little fight- but still... 

Today I kept glancing towards her.  She didn't seem to look too well.  After school I saw her take the bus instead of walk, which I found weird because she mostly always walks home. 

When I got home, I did my homework and cooked a little something up for me to eat quickly.  Then I decided to go over to Haeri's house since I wanted to check up on her; maybe she might even tell me what's wrong, too. 

I knocked and rang the doorbell for at least a good 5 minutes, but no one answered.  I tried texting and calling her next.  She didn't answer or text back at all.  Then I had to take out their extra key that they gave me, just in case of emergancies, and let myself in. 

"Haeri!" I called.  There was no answer.  I kept calling her name throughout the house, then went to her bedroom where she would most likely be.  And I was right.  She was in bed sleeping away.  A smile crept onto my face unnoticably as I watched her sleep and made my way to her and sat on the edge of the bed. 

She stired a little in her sleep when I sat down, but didn't wake up.  I sat there in silence, only her soft snores were heard.  While she was sleeping, I took the time to study her facial features.  'Everything about this girl is beautiful' I thought.  My eyes widdened at that thought and I had to really think and ask myself if I really thought that.  Of course I've always thought that Haeri was pretty, but right now just staring at her- she was the most beautiful person in the world. 

Suddenly her eyes fluttered open.  I hadn't realized how close I really was to her until she stared at me weirdly.  "What are you doing?" she asked in a sleepy tone. 

My voice seemed stuck and I couldn't say anything right away.  I felt a little embarrassed to be caught like that, and I felt my cheeks start to heat up.  "U-uhh, I just- uh... came to check up on you," I stuttered. 

A smile gre onto her face, but then disappeared.  "Thanks, but I'm fine." 

I ignored the fact that her smile disappeared so fast and kept speaking.  "But you looked sick today." 

"I'm okay now." 

"You're quite bad at lying." 

She was trying to supress her smile, but I knew she would eventually give in.  "Tsk... whatever," she said and rolled her eyes. 

We started talking like how we always used to.  At first it was a bit awkward because it's been a while since we last had a regular conversation, but we began to blab away.  It felt nice that I could finally speak with her again- and I really missed talking to her like this. 

Then I got a phone call from Jinae.  "Hello?" I answered and put it on speaker. 

"Where are you, Channie?  I went to your house and no one answered the door," she said. 

"Oh, I"m at," I started and looked up to Haeri.  She looked panicked and shook her head continuously and motioning me to be quiet.  I looked at her weirdly and continued on with my sentence.  "Haeri's house.  She was sick so I came to check up on her." 

"Okay then.  Let's hang out tomorrow then."  Then she hung up. 

I put my phone back into my pocket and looked back to Haeri who looked slightly pissed.  "What?" I asked. 

"Nothing," she said. 

I went back after a while of talking with her.  After dinner, I headed up to my room to find something to do.  Since it was getting colder out there wasn't much to do outside, so I usually just stay inside for the winter. 

As I was laying in my bed looking through my SNS profiles and whatnot, my phone rang.  It was Tao calling.  "Yeah?" I answered. 

"Hey, what's up?" he asked. 

"Nothing much.  What about you?" 

"Pretty good.  Um... I don't know if I should be telling you this, but..." 

"But what?" 

"I overheard a thing between Haeri and Jinae's friend and I was wondering if you knew anything about it." 

"No, what happened?" 

"Well, you know how you told me that Haeri was ignoring you?" 

"Yeah, what about it?" 

"That probably has to do with Jinae and her friends.  Jinae's friend were like threatening Haeri about spending time with you." 

"Really?" 

As Tao was telling me this, I knew this must've been true.  I felt hurt that Jinae didn't really trust me like she said that she did.  Now I knew why Haeri was acting like that and I also felt bad for her because I felt like it was my fault that's she's getting threatened.  Wait, so does this mean I have to chose between the two of them? 

"Yeah, what are you gonna do?" Tao asked. 

"I don't know..." I muttered in response. 

"Don't let it stress you out too much." 

"I know.  Thanks, Tao." 

"No problem.  I gotta go pick Mai up now.  I just called to ask because it was bothering me, so yeah..." 

"Okay.  See you tomorrow." 

"Bye." 

We hung up and I set my phone down.  I stared up at my ceiling and thought for a long time about the two girls.  I loved Jinae... and Haeri... she's my best friend and has always been there for me ever since I could remember.  I thought back on Haeri and my memories.  I smiled as those memories came back to mind.  Then I thought about Jinae and our moments together. 

Finally I let out a sigh and decided to go to bed, it was late and I was tired.  I didn't want to think about this situation anymore.  Sleeping would at least get me away from reality for a couple of hours and that's good enough for me. 

 

 


Hello my readers!! Here's a chapter for you guys!!  Comment below on your thoughts about this chapter!!  Thanks~~

 

~Angelflyer