Chapter 4

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Gongchan's POV:

The next day I woke up and got ready quickly so that I could go over to Haeri's house and wake her up.  But when I went over and knocked on the door, her mom said that she left early.  It was only 6:46 am and the bus would be here until 7, so I wondered why she would leave so early. 

I went over to the bus stop to see if she was waiting there, but she wasn't.  I looked around for her and finally decided to just ride my bike over to school instead today. 

When I got to school, I locked up my bike and ran into the school.  I went to check to see if Haeri was at her locker, but she wasn't there.  Then I went to the classroom, but she wasn't there either.  Where could she be?, I asked myself. 

I sat in my seat and played on my phone for a bit.  Then the door opened and Haeri came walking in.  Just one look at her made me see that something was obviously wrong.  Plus she never wears make-up, so it was strange. 

Silently she sat herself down in her seat and pulled her hood over her head before putting her head down.  I changed my seat so that I was sitting beside her instead of behind.  I poked her head and asked, "Are you okay?"  She didn't reply or make any movements.  I kept bothering her until she would talk. 

"What?" she snapped. 

"Are you okay?" I asked worried. 

"Fantastic."  Her sarcastic tone showed that she was angry.  Then the bell rang.  People piled into the room making it noisy. 

When lunch came around, Haeri left first without saying anything.  "What's wrong?" Hana asked looking at me.  I shrugged my shoulders and went to follow her before I lost track of where she was going. 

Finally she stopped when she reached the bleachers outside behind the school.  I watched her from where I was for a good minute or so and then went to sit next to her.  Carefully and quietly I sat beside her without saying a word.  I felt her stare at me, but I kept looking straight ahead of me to the football and soccer fields. 

"What do you want?" she asked harshly showing her cold side.  It didn't affect me at all because I knew she would be like this since she's in a bad mood. 

"Here," I said and handed her half my sandwich that I made this morning. 

Before she grabbed it she kept staring down at it.  Hesitantly she took it and started eating.  I smiled and finally looked her way.  I watched as she ate in silence. 

"So, did you want to tell me what's wrong?" I asked after a minute of silence. 

"Parents again," she said straight out and sighed.  I knew exactly what she meant when she said her parents.  She's come over to cry to me about her parents arguing over the stupidest things.  When she first started doing that it surprised me.  I've never seen her cry since elementary school when we were little kids and she got really badly hurt.  It wasn't like she was sobbing then either, it was more like she held back her tears and only let a couple slip down her cheeks when no one was looking. 

"Oh... yesterday night or this morning?" 

"Yesterday." 

"Why didn't you come over then?" 

"It was late and you were sleeping." 

"How do you know?" 

She shrugged her shoulders.  It sort of made me pissed that she didn't come over and check if I was sleeping or not, but I knew I couldn't be mad at her right now.  She's way fragile right now and I didn't want to say anything to upset her even more. 

I watched as she finished her half of the sandwich and put her feet up on the seats in front of us and leaned over her thighs.  "What do you plan on doing after school?" she asked looking out to the open fields. 

"I don't know.  Become a singer?" I said, not very sure myself yet. 

"Oh..." 

"What about you?" 

"I want to take my brother with me away.  Any where, but here." 

"Why?" 

"I don't want to deal with this anymore.  I'm tired of it."  I looked at her to see that her face was emotionless and that she seemed to mean what she said.  "I mean, I could think of other worst things to do, but you say to think positive, right?" 

"Yeah... but-" 

"I'm just scared for what might happen in the future." 

I continued to stare at her and wonder what could be going through her mind.  "Haeri, you know that I'm always here, right?" 

"I can't always rely on you for everything, Gongchan, you've helped me out a lot of times before already." 

"I don't care."  She looked at me with her sad, brown eyes.  It really hurt me that she was having some of these thoughts and I didn't know what to do.  "Haeri, don't do anything stupid, okay?" 

She pressed her lips into a line and nodded her head.  Her eyes still looked sad and watery.  I couldn't help, but wrap my arms around her and give her a hug that she needed. 

Your POV:

Gongchan hugged me, and that's exactly what I needed right now.  His warmth and comfort was the only thing I needed.  Just to know that he was there and cared made me feel better. 

We went back to class after a while and waited for the school day to end.  When it finally did, I went to my locker to get my skateboard and went home with Gongchan trailing behind me on his bike. 

After I dropped off my skateboard, I went over to Gongchan's house to do homework with him.  After we were done with the short homework paper, we went downstairs to the kitchen.  There his mother was cooking something. 

"Hi, Mrs. Shik," I greeted her. 

"Oh, hello, dear," she greeted back.  "Did you want to eat with us tonight?" 

"No, it's okay." 

"How's your mom doing?" 

I stayed quiet for a moment and felt the silence hang.  I looked up to his mom and saw her staring at us.  Her face suddenly turned into a confused one.  Then I turned around to see what Gongchan was doing.  He was making hand motions to his mom and I couldn't help but let a smile grow and giggle at his actions. 

"It's okay," I said to him and then turned back to his mom.  "She's fine." 

"Ah, okay.  Well, I won't bother you two any more.  Go and do what teenagers usually do." 

Gongchan and I went dwon to his basement to play some video games.  We played for about 3 hours straight before having enough and turning the game off.  Then I went up to grab my backpack and left. 

When I got home, I did my regular things and then went up to my room.  After a nice shower and getting changed, I sat on my bed and jsut stared out into space for a minute.  Then my phone started ringing.  It was Gongchan.  A smile formed onto my face and I picked it up. 

"What?" I answered. 

"Look outside," he said and hung up. 

I went to my side window and looked towards his.  He was sitting there smiling to me.  He opened up his window waved and then I opened mine.  I could feel the nice breeze blowing as I did and felt my goose bumps rising as it hit my revealing skin. 

"Were you about to go to sleep?" he asked. 

"No," I said and slowly shook my head. 

We talked for a while. A long while before closing our windows and finally heading to bed.  I liked when we had nights like this.  Just being able to talk all night about random things that popped into mind.  It was nice and I could go to sleep peacefully tonight. 

 

 


Hi!! here's a chapter for you all!  I hope you like it!! :D 

 

~Angelflyer