Chapter 24

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

Today's the day.  Finally graduation day has come.  I got up and washed up before going over to Hana's aunt's salon.  Her aunt said that since it was our graduation day that she would help us and get all our hair and make-up done. 

We sat down in front of the salon mirrors and talked while waiting for her aunt and assistant to come start.  It felt crazy that we were finally graduating and moving on from high school and going to college and becoming adults. 

After we were done with our hair and make-up, I felt a bit shy, we headed to the mall because Hana was making me buy a new dress.  We walked around for a good hour before actually picking dresses out for the both of us.  Then we parted and I went straight home. 

When the time finally came around for the ceremony, I put my dress on and headed out with my and Gongchan's family.  Gongchan and I went to get ready right away.

"You look beautiful as always," Gongchan complimented as we were walking through the hall to our class. 

"Thank you, and you look handsome as always," I said. 

We smiled at each other and intertwined our fingers.  Once we got into the class, our homeroom teacher did attendance and then we hurried to our respective spots and sat down. 

The ceremony was quite long since there were so many students in the grade, but in the end when the ceremony finally ended there was a party down at the beach.  Some random, rich student was holding it and invited everyone to go.  So after going home quickly to change, Gongchan and I went out to the party together. 
I hung out with Tao for a while, and Gongchan went to go hang out with his hyungs.  I let out a sigh of relief as I sat on the sand with Tao.  "It's finally over," I said. 

"Yeah.  I feel like just yesterday I walked into this school," Tao said. 

"What are you going to do since school is over now?  Are you going back to China?"  I suddenly got sad at the thought of Tao and maybe even Kris, Luhan, and Lay going back to China. 

"No, I think I'm going to stay here for a long, long while." 

"What about Kris and them?" 

"I think they'll be staying, too.  They need to finish college afterall." 

"I guess you're right... but I would be sad if you guys leave."  I pouted. 

"Oh, don't worry Haeri-ah, I'll never leave you."  He lifted his hand and ruffled my hair. 

We talked for a a couple more minutes before Tao got a text from someone.  While he texted the person back, I laid back and stared up at the slowly sun setting sky. 

"Come on, let's go over there where everyone else is," Tao said and got up. 

"Why?" I whined wanting to just lay here where it was quiet. 

"Please?"  Tao pouted cutely. 

"Fine."  I sighed and grabbed onto Tao's hand that he hung out for me to help me up. 

We strolled along the beach back to where everyone else was.  For some reason everyone seemed crowded in one area.  I was totally confused, and when I looked over to Tao he was just smiling that made me even more confused and curious on what was going on. 

When the two of us got right behind the people in the back, they turned and moved aside so that we could walk through them.  Now things were really starting to get weird.  I slowly made my way towards the front and didn't realize that Tao had stopped somewhere in the crowd until I turned back. 

As soon as I reached the front of the crowd all I could do was smile.  There standing on the small platform was my one and only love, Gongchan.  He was smiling back at me in such a loving way.  Then he suddenly knelt down in front of me with a box that held a diamond ring in it and started speaking. 

"Lee Haeri, we've been friend since forever, and I know we've only been dating for a little while, but I know for sure that I've always loved you since we were kids and I will continue to love you forever more.  We may be young to do this, but since we'll be going to different colleges in the fall and although we won't be far from each other, I know you'll meet a lot of new people, guys to be specific, and I want them all to know not to touch you or flirt with you or anything at all because you're mine, so will you, Haeri, marry me?" 

The biggest smile in my entire life just crawled onto my face as I listened to his speech.  Yes, I knew that we're still so young, but as Gongchan said, he loves me and I love him.  So of course I had to say yes. 

"Yes, I will," I said. 

He got off the platform and slipped the ring onto my ring finger and kissed my lips while pulling me into a romantic embrace.  This day was probably the most romantic and memorable day of my life.  And I loved every single moment of it. 

THE END

 

 

 


Hi!!  Ahh!  This fanfic has finally come to an end!  I really hope that you guys enjoyed reading and I hope that the ending wasn't too horrible, haha :)  But I want to thank all of you for all your love and support for this fic and staying with it even though I started lacking updates towards the end.  Thank you guys so so much! I really appreciate it!  And just thank you so much!  I'll see you guys in my next story!  Bye bye!  :D

 

~Angelflyer