Chapter 13

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

I needed some alone and quiet time.  I've been standing and talking with a lot of people for a couple of hours now, and with the music blasting behind me. 

I found myself walking around the snack bar to the back.  I figured since it seemed like no one seemed to be going over there, that it'd be more quieter.  When I turned the corner of the snack bar, I found something that I didn't think I'd find.  There Gongchan and Jinae were making-out.  And by the looks of it, it didn't look like they were just going to stop with a simple make-out session. 

My heart literally broke in two.  I've seen them peck each other before, but never get that into a kiss like what I just saw.  Slowly I started making my way back to where everyone else was.  I was lost in thought as I sat at the bar.  All that was on my mind at that moment was them two, Gongchan and Jinae. 

"Would you like a drink, miss?" the bar tender asked. 

"Uhh, sure," I replied. 

He brought me back a drink and without even examining it, I gulped it down.  It tasted sweet.  I really liked it and found myself asking for more one after another. 

After I gulped down about a couple of them, I started to feel dizzy.  My head was spinning, but at the same time I felt... okay.  I was about to drink another one until someone came and grabbed it out of my hands.  My reaction was very slow and it took me a while to realize that the drink wasn't in my hands any more and turned around. 

"What are you doing?  Why are you drinking this?" the person asked in an angry tone. 

I had to squint my eyes to see the person.  When the blurriness went away, I noticed that it was Kris who was talking to me.  He kept staring at me sternly and waited for my answer. 

"H-huh?" I asked. 

"Come on, I'm taking you home," he replied and put the drink down and pulled me up. 

"Wait, let me drink this first." 

"No, trust me you'll regret ever drinking your first one tomorrow morning." 

He gently led me to his car and got in.  He his phone and texted someone something before he started driving.  I was getting really sleepy while we were in the car.  Then all of a sudden felt the urge to throw up. 

"K-Kris... I need to..." I started. 

Before I could finish my sentence he had already stopped and reached over to open the door for me to throw up outside.  Once I had emptied my stomach, I climbed back into the car and leaned my head back on the headrest. 

"Feel better?" Kris asked and began driving again. 

"I guess," I mumbled. 

"I'll probably come over or have Tao or someone come over to check on you tomorrow." 

"Kay," I replied not really understanding or paying attention to what Kris was saying. 

"You're probably dead meat once you get home though...  Should you just sleep over at our place for tonight?  We live closer any ways..." 

I don't know what else happened in the car ride, but when we came to a stop, I heard the car door open and shut, then my side open.  Slowly I forced my eyes to open and realized that I was in Kris' arms.  I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he held me tightly. 

When we reached their apartment, he set me down on the couch and left the room.  I was way too tired to even say word, so I just let my eyes follow him.  Kris came back within a couple of seconds and looked down at me. 

"You can sleep in Tao's room tonight.  He'll probably sleep out here with Mai later any ways," Kris spoke as he bent down to lift me up.  Once again he picked me up and set me down in Tao's bed.  "If you need anything just call me or any of the guys." 

I nodded my head in response and let out a breath.  Then I turned to face the wall and pulled the blanket up to my chin.  Soon I heard Kris' footsteps walk out of the room. 

Tao's POV:

We went back home about an hour later after Kris texted us that he was leaving first with Haeri.  When we got home, Kris was passed out on the couch with the t.v. on.  It was usual to find Kris like this.  Sometimes while he's watching, he'll get bored and just fall asleep like that. 

Lay tapped on his shoulder to wake him up.  Once he was up he rubbed his eyes and just stared at us for a few minutes before saying, "Haeri's in your room sleeping." 

"Okay," I replied.  I really didn't mind, plus Kris' text specifically told us about Haeri's current condition and how she was all drunk. 

Quietly I made my way to my room and changed.  Then I came back into the living room where Kris and Mai were sitting.  As we sat there in silence watching a show, we heard a phone starting to ring.  It wasn't any of our ringtones, so we ignored it and stayed where we were. 

"Someone's phone is ringing!" Lay called from his room.  "Go answer it!" 

I groaned because Kris gave me a look telling me to go see who's phone it was.  The ringing came from my room.  I entered the room and found Haeri's phone, on the bed, ringing.  I looked at the caller ID.  It was her mom. 

"H-hello?" I answered. 

"Who is this?" her mother's voice asked in panic. 

"It's me Huang Tao.  I came over once before to hang out with Haeri." 

"Oh, yes Tao.  I remember." 

"Yeah... Um, your daughter kind of fell asleep at my place and-"

"It's okay.  I just wanted to know where she was.  Thank you." 

"No problem." 

"Okay, good night, Tao." 

I set Haeri's phone back down and headed back into the living room.  As I plopped myself next to Mai and put my arm around her, Kris asked who's phone it was.  I told him and he said, "oh." 

In the morning when I woke up, I went to check on Haeri.  She wasn't up yet and looked peaceful sleeping.  As I watched her for another minute, a tear rolled down from her eye.  It shocked me and I could feel my eyes widen in that moment.  Suddenly there was a big crash that filled the silent apartment.  It made me jump in surprise and made Haeri get up. 

"I think I should go check what happened out there," I said.  She sat up and nodded her head.  I made my way out to where the crash came from.  I turned the corner to the kitchen and found Luhan and Lay cleaning up the glass from a plate.  "Don't get cut," I said. 

They both looked up to me and nodded their head.  "Sorry, did we wake you guys up?" Luhan asked.  I shook my head.  Then Mai, Kris, and Haeri entered the room looking sleepier than ever. 

Once everything calmed down and stuff, we sat down and ate breakfast.  I noticed that Haeri's face seemed a bit pale as we ate.  Before I could ask her if she was feeling okay, Lay beat me to it. 

"Hey, Haeri, are you okay?" Lay asked. 

Haeri lifted her head to us and gave us a small smile.  "Yeah," she replied. 

Lay got up after she replied that and went to get something from the kitchen.  When he came back, he was holding a medicine bottle that usually Kris or Luhan took if they had a hangover and a glass of water.  He took out a pill and handed it to her while holding the water out in front of her. 

"It'll make your headache go away," Kris said. 

Haeri finally took it.  After breakfast she looked a bit better from when we started eating.  While her and Mai were cleaning up, even though all four of us guys told them to just go sit down and relax, I went into Kris' room to bother him a little bit. 

"Tell me why you're in my room again?" Kris asked while putting his phone down. 

"No real reason.  I just wanted to come bother you, gege," I said. 

"Tsk..." 

"Any ways, how did Haeri get drunk?  I mean... she isn't the type to just get drunk." 

"I don't know.  I just found her at the bar drinking some alcohol and that's when I dragged her home." 

"Oh.. okay then." 

"Why?" 

"It's just that I find it weird that she would just go and drink like that.  You know what I mean, right?  Like it's Haeri we're talking about.  Yeah she may be different and tougher than most girls, but she's still good and would do that kind of thing." 

"Yeah, I see what your saying...  I don't know, but she was mumbling Gongchan's name in her sleep when I passed by to use the bathroom." 

We talked about it a while longer, then Haeri snuck her head in and said that she had to get going.  We got up to say good-bye and walk her and Luhan out the door since he so willingly wanted to drop her off. 

 

 


Hi there!! Here's an update for you guys!  I hope you like it!  :D  Please comment, subscribe, and maybe upvote? :)

 

~Angelflyer