Chapter 14

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

As Luhan was driving me back home, my head started spinning again and I felt like I needed to throw up.  I guess Luhan could tell and had already handed me a plastic back.  After throwing up what we had just ate, I felt somewhat better, but my head was still pounding. 

We stopped right in front of my house and I got out.  Luhan rolled down the window and handed me another small bag.  I grabbed it while Luhan smiled at me and said, "Lay packed this for you.  There's some food that he made and a pill or two if your headache acts up again.  Remember to eat first, then take the pill, okay?" 

"Okay.  Thanks, tell the rest of them that I said thanks, too," I replied.  He nodded his head and watched me go inside before driving off. 

When I entered my house, no one seemed to be home.  I think it was better that no one was home though.  Both my parents would probably have been asking me thousands of questions, and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. 

After I ate what Lay had cooked up for me and taken the pill, I went up to my room and changed and stuff before heading off to sleep.  Just as I was about to fall into a deep sleep, someone rang the door bell.  I threw my covers off of me and took my sweet time to get to the door. 

I opened the door and saw Gongchan standing there with his usual smile. Instead of greeting him happily like he did to me, I groaned and was about to close the door on him, but he held it with his hand.  I sighed and let him in. 

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance. 

"Whoa, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," he commented. 

"Go away." 

"Why?  Can't I hang out with you?" 

"No." 

"What's wrong?"  His voice went from teasing to serious right away.  It's not like I haven't heard his tone of voice change like that before, but this time it surprised me for some reason. 

"Nothing," I answered simply and started making my way up to my room. 

"Something's wrong.  Tell me." 

"Nothing's wrong, Gongchan.  I'm just tired." 

"I saw one of Tao's friends drop you off.  Did you sleep over at their house?" 

"Yeah."  I got into my bed and pulled my covers up while turning to face the wall. 

"There's a fair in town and both our parents took our brothers there.  Did you want to go with me?"  I felt him sit at the edge of my bed. 

"No...  I have a headache." 

There was silence for a moment before Gongchan spoke.  "By any chance did you drink alcohol last night?" 

"I don't know.  I can't remember." 

"Haeri," he whined, "how could you drink alcohol?" 

His tone of voice made it seem like I did it on purpose- which I didn't.  I really don't even remember what happened.  The last thing I remember before Kris brought me to their apartment was him and Jinae making-out.  Everything else was just kind of blurry afterwards. 

"It wasn't my fault that they served alcohol to underage people," I snapped and sat up. 

"I'm not saying it's your fault.  I'm just asking how you could be so careless." 

"Then how could you be so careless to let Jinae take control over you?

"H-huh?" 

"You know you'll have to take responsibility if she becomes pregnant?" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"You and Jinae getting all over each other last night." 

When he realized what I was talking about, his face made a surprised expression.  "We didn't even do it!  And why were you spying on us, huh?" 

"I didn't spy on you two... I just saw you guys making-out... when I was trying to get away from everyone." 

"Wow, you're such a liar, Haeri.  Even if we did do it, why would you even care?" 

"Because we're best friends and I care about you."  I said that in a 'duh' tone which looked like it made him more angrier than before. 

"Don't use that excuse." 

"Then why do you always use that excuse?" 

"What the hell, Haeri?  How the did we get onto this topic?  All I asked was how you could be careless like that.  And all you had to do was answer honestly and tell me why you would drink alcohol." 

My head started pounding again and it was way more painful than when it was pounding before.  I closed my eyes and held onto my head for a moment.  Then said, "I didn't realize that it was alcohol, okay?  Now just get out."  I still felt his presence sitting at the edge of my bed and just staring at me.  I looked up at him and softly said, "Get out, Gongchan." 

Still he didn't move an inch.  I was getting irritated again and it just made my head hurt even more.  When it looked like he wasn't going to move at all, I got up and changed in my bathroom before walking out of my house with my skateboard. 

I rode my skateboard to the nearest gas station and bought some pills that would reduce my headache.  After I took it, I rode off to the smaller beach near my house where there were less people. 

As I rode along the sidewalk, I started to feel dizzy.  The pain was gone, but my head started spinning and I couldn't focus on anything.  I slowed down on my skateboard and eventually needed to stop because my head was spinning too much. 

My phone started ringing, but I ignored it.  Slowly I continued walking along the sidewalk with my skateboard in hand.  My vision started playing tricks on me and made everything look shaky and crooked to me. 

As I continued to walk, my phone kept ringing like crazy.  I noticed some people walking by asking if I was okay, but I don't really know if I answered them or not.  Suddenly I couldn't take the dizziness anymore and I felt myself start falling, then everything went black. 

Gongchan's POV:

I locked up Haeri's house and went back to mine.  After thinking about our conversation for a good hour or so, I started to feel bad.  So I decided to try and call her and apologize. 

When she wasn't picking up, I knew that she was probably way pissed at me.  I didn't want her to stop talking to me again, but maybe I should give her some space, but for sure she needed to hear my apology at least. 

I finally gave up on trying to call her when my parents got home.  The whole rest of the night I was distracted doing other things and whatnot.  Then at dinner, Jinae suddenly showed up at my house. 

It was a total surprise, but my parents, being my parents, invited her to have dinner with us.  And as usual, they embarrassed me with pictures or stories that they had.  As I listened to them talk, I wished that I could just hide in a hole the rest of my life, but I also remembered Haeri and how annoyed she was at me.  Then I started to feel bad again and Jinae had to ask if I was okay. 

After dinner, me and Jinae went on a evening walk just so that we didn't have to continue listening to my parents talk about how embarrassing things were when I was younger.  As we walked, Jinae brought up Haeri all of a sudden. 

"You seem to have a lot of memories with Haeri.  You parents must really like her, too," Jinae said.

"Yeah, we go way back.  Probably when we were just born.  Right after I was born, Haeri was.  Plus our parents were friends, too." 

"O-oh..." 

I looked to her and squeezed her hand lightly.  "But I think my parents really like you... I mean they wouldn't shut up about their stories...  It's so embarrassing." 

"I think they're cute."  She turned her head and looked up to me with a smile. 

 

 


Hey guys!  Here's another update for you!  Shorter kind of update, but I hope you like it!! :D

 

~Angelflyer