Chapter 20

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Gongchan's POV:

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school.  As I got ready, the only thing on my mind was choosing between the two important girls in my life.  After I was all ready, I headed out. 

Surprisingly all four of my hyungs were just walking into the building when I came to the gates.  I caught up with them and told them about my situation with Jinae and Haeri.  They didn't seem as surprised as I thought they would be.  It was like they knew something like this was coming sooner or later. 

"Well?" Shinwoo asked. 

"Well what?" I asked. 

"Who are you gonna pick?" Sandeul asked. 

"I don't know," I mumbled. 

They all stared at me.  We stopped outside of Baro and my class.  They continued to keep staring at me, waiting for me to say something else.  Luckily Jinae came running over to us then. 

"Channie-ah," she called. 

"Yeah?" I answered. 

"Where should we go tonight?" 

"I... uh...." I started.  I looked passed her to my friends for help.  They just stared back at me waiting for me to say something to my girlfriend in front of me.  Then I spotted Haeri walking towards the classroom at the same time.  "uhh... I think I might be busy tonight...  I'll call you later if I'm not busy," I continued. 

Her facial expression went from happy to disappointed as soon as those words came out of my mouth.  I started to feel really bad, but before I could say anything else to her, she walked away quickly.  

I let out a little sigh after Jinae was gone, then quickly made my way towards Haeri, leaving the guys behind.  As soon as I caught up to her, Hana called her over.  Before she could get away, though, I grabbed onto her arm and caught her attention.  

"Huh, G-Gongchan," she said quietly.  

I couldn't reply.  My voice suddenly got stuck in my throat and no words came out.  I don't even know why I even I grabbed her arm right then.  I still needed to chose between her and Jinae.  So I just stood there. 

"Gongchan..." she said. 

We looked at each other.  All that could escape my lips was, "Haeri-ah." 

Then the bell rang.  Students rushed in and everyone went to their seats, even Haeri who got away from my grasp went to her seat.  When our teacher came in I quickly ran to sit down. 

Finally lunch came by after what seemed like years.  I got up and tried to catch up with Haeri, but I was stopped by Jinae who was waiting for me outside of my classroom. 

Jinae greeted me happily and pecked my lips.  Out of nowhere I felt myself gently push her away and take a step back.  Her facial expression once again fell and I felt bad again. 

"Sorry, I have something I need to do," I said and quickly ran off to talk to Tao who was walking to the cafeteria. 

When I caught up to him he looked at me.  "Oh, hey," he greeted. 

"Hey," I greeted back. 

"So... did you chose yet?" 

"No," I grumbled. 

"Hmm... okay then." 

"That's all you're going to say?" 

"Well, I don't want to pick for you."  

"Hmm... Okay then."  

We grabbed our lunch and went to sit down.  During lunch I couldn't pay any attention to anything that anyone was saying.  I was lost in thought the whole time about this situation.  My mind went back and forth with Haeri and Jinae thinking of the good and bad.  But honestly I was getting no where with it.  It all was just stressing me out.  

The bell rand and we had to get back to class, and surprisingly the end of the school day came by quickly too.  After I quickly packed all of my stuff, I went to catch up with Haeri.  She was already out the door when I spotted her.  

"Hey," I greeted her.  

"Aren't you supposed to be with Jinae?" she asked.  

"No...  I wanted to make sure you were okay."  

"Well, I'm fine...  I'm not as sick as yesterday, so you don't have to worry."  

"But still..."  I hooked my arm with hers and smiled.  I felt her try to pull away, but I just held her tighter. 

"Someone will misunderstand if they see us," she said in a low voice. 

I pretended that I didn't hear her and continued to walk on while holding onto her.  I wanted to get her in a happy mood so that she would start spilling things to me about her and Jinae's situation.  Plus, I just wanted to be close with her right now. 

Once we got to her house, we went straight up to her room and relaxed and did homework for a bit.  We were having such a great time and it felt like how we used to hang out before. 

"So," I started, "could you tell me now?" 

"Tell you what?" she asked while her back was turned to me and put away her books. 

"You know." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Jinae." 

"Oh..." 

After she realized what I was talking about she became silent. 

"I'm not letting you out until you tell me," I said threatening her. 

Still she said nothing.  All she did was put her backpack in a corner and laid on her bed while on her phone.  I sighed and took her phone away too.  She gave me a pouty look and reached out for her phone, but I put it into my pocket. 

"Nope, you don't get this either," I said referring to her phone. 

"Why are you so mean?" 

I smiled and said, "'Cause I just am." 

"Well nothing happened between us.  Like I told you before, we were just gossiping." 

"Lies!" I sang.  "You know you keep telling me different things every time I ask." 

"No!" 

"Yeah.  The first time I asked you you said it was just girl stuff, then you said it was about school, and now you're saying you guys were gossiping." 

Just by her little, slight expression change I could tell that I was right.  She was lying and trying to keep something from me.  And I really wanted to know what it was. 

"Okay fine...  We were talking about you," she finally said after a minute of silence. 

Your POV: 

I technically told him the truth.  We were talking about him so I wasn't lying then.  But the way he looked at me showed that he wasn't too convinced on what I said. 

"I'm not lying!" I defended. 

"What were you guys saying about me?" he asked. 

"How such a jerk you are." 

"Yah, I'm not that big of a jerk." 

"I think you are because you're not letting me out of my own room!" 

Suddenly his phone started ringing.  He got up from where he was sitting and slid his phone out of his pocket to answer.  "Hello? ... No, I'm at Haeri's house ... I don't know ... Jinae-ah, don't be like that ... Why? ... Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."  he said into the phone, then hung up. 

A few seconds after he ended his call, we heard the garage door slam.  We both looked at the door, then at each other before making our way downstairs to where the noise was. 

 

 


Hi there!!  It's been a while... or at least it feels like it to me.... I'm sorry that I'm not updating as often as before...  Oh, and this story will be ending quite soon.  I don't exactly know what chapter or when, but for sure it will be soon in a couple of more chapters or so.  :)

 

~Angelflyer