Chapter 15

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

I woke up and found myself in a hospital bed.  Carefully I sat up and took a look around.  Luhan and Lay were sitting next to each other on the couch with their eyes glued onto their phone screens. 

"What happened?" I asked with a dry and scratchy throat. 

They both looked up at the same time.  "Well, you kind of passed out," Luhan explained and got up. 

"Yeah... we were driving by becuase we had to run an errand for Kris hyung, and we saw you," Lay said. 

"Oh, thanks." 

Both of the college boys came over to me and stood on either sides of the bed.  While Luhan sat down in the chair next to the bed, Lay stood quietly.  They both looked like they had something on their minds. 

"W-what?" I asked nervously. 

Before they talked, they gave each other a look and then turned their head back to me.  "Haeri, when we ask you this you have to answer honestly," Luhan said.  I looked up to Lay and he nodded his head. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"The doctor said that you had overdosed on a painkiller.  Were you by any chance thinking of... you know... killing yourself?" Luhan asked carefully. 

"No," I answered simply.  "I was just a bit stressed, then I got a headache and my mind wasn't really working too well, so I don't know if I took the correct amount of pills or something." 

"Okay... you're feeling okay now though, right?" Lay asked worriedly. 

I smiled and nodded my head to him.  We talked for a while, then when the doctor came up and checked up on me, he said that I could leave.  A couple of minutes after he left and I got ready, my parents came barging into the room. 

"Are you okay?" my mom asked as soon as she saw me.  She ran to me quickly and wrapped her arms around my body. 

"Yeah, mom.  I'm not dying," I replied. 

"Who are these young men?  Friends at school?" my dad asked while holding my brother's shoulders. 

"No.  Their Tao's friends and they're college students."  Finally my mom let me out of her death hug. 

"Really?" my mom asked shocked.  "You two look so young." 

Lay and Luhan rubbed the back of their necks and thanked them.  Then we all finally made our way out of the hospital.  We parted from Luhan and Lay once we got into the parking lot.  I waved good-bye as they made their way to their car and we made our way to ours. 

When we got home, as we were getting into the house, I spotted a couple walking down the sidewalk.  I took a really good look at the two and realized that it was Gongchan and Jinae.  I sighed and walked into my home while feeling pain in my heart. 

Throughout the night I just couldn't sleep.  I was up thinking way too much, about anything and everything really.  My mind just went it's own direction and things popped up here and there. 

I looked at my phone, that I hadn't touched at all for the last couple of hours, and realized that I had so many notifications from Gongchan.  I went through all the texts and voice mails from him one by one.  It was thoughtful for him to do that, but I just didn't know how to respond right then. 

Gongchan's POV:

The next day, I woke up early and ate breakfast quickly before making my way out to school.  When I got to the school grounds, the first place I rushed to was my classroom hoping that Haeri would be there. 

I was more than happy to see her sitting there quietly reading her book, but she looked up as I walked into the class.  We made eye contact for a spit second, but she looked away and got up.  Quickly I threw my backpack onto my desk and went after her.  She walked quickly and then headed into the bathroom.  I sighed to myself and leaned against the wall to wait for her. 

Then Jinae came walking by.  "Channie, what are you doing here?" she asked. 

"Oh, hey... Nothing.  I just got to school early," I replied. 

"Walk me to my class?" 

I hesitated for a second before nodding my head and taking her by the hand.  We walked all the way down to her class while making small talk.  When we got to her stop, she turned so that she was facing me and looked up to my eyes and smiled. 

"I'll see you during lunch or something," she said, then tip-toed and planted a kiss on my lips.  After she had disappeared into the classroom, I still stood there with a dumb smile plastered on my face.  Then I slowly made my way back to my class. 

I got to class just in time.  The bell rang as soon as I stepped foot into the room.  Mostly everyone was in their seats already.  My eyes landed on Haeri and Hana who were chatting away about something.  Then the teacher came in and I rushed to my desk. 

Lunch time came around quicker than I expected, but I wasn't complaining.  The first thing I needed to do, though, was search for Haeri.  She always seems to disappear around this time of day now. 

I went to look for her in her usual spot behind the school on the bleachers, but she wasn't there.  So I went back inside to check and see if she was back in the classroom.  There was no sign of her there.  Then I went into the lunch room thinking that she would probably sitting with Hana or Tao, but still there was no sign of her being there.  I had no where else to look.  Actually there were a lot of spots where I didn't check, but knowing Haeri, she wouldn't go to those areas of the school. 

After school was the same.  I didn't see her any where, but I did find Jinae.  She came running up to me and pecked my lips.  We decided at the last minute that we should go on a quick date, so I had to give up on talking to Haeri for today. 

~~2 week later~~ 

I still haven't gotten the chance to talk to her.  Actually I think that she's avoiding me again... I don't blame her.  I mean, I can get kind of angry easily and I probably wouldn't want to be talking to me either.  I honestly felt bad though and really wanted to apologize to her. 

It's getting colder now and it seems like winter might be early this year.  The cold breeze blew against my face as I was walking home after the last bell of the day.  It was Friday and I had a whole weekend to do whatever I wanted. 

As I threw my backpack into my room, I spotted Haeri in her room.  I ran over to my window and tried to get her attention, but it didn't work out too well.  She seemed busy talking someone on the phone.  Suddenly she jumped like someone had scared her from behind.  Then she said something to the phone and ran out of her room. 

Letting a sigh out, I thought about how I really dreaded to talk to her.  She's never ignored me for this long before and it's starting to irritate me.  I just wanted to hear her voice talk to me again and hear her call my name.  And I wondered how we could be so close to each other, yet so far. 

 


Hey guys!  I know I promised that I'd update like on Monday or something... but I got busy with school stuff and I just didn't have enough time to finish up the chapter and put it up until now.  I hope that you enjoyed reading though!

 

~Angelflyer