Chapter 10

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Gongchan's POV:

Friday came by very quickly.  The whole week was filled by homework, hanging out with my friend Tao that just transferred here, and little dates here and there with Jinae.  But I haven't gotten the chance to talk to Haeri that often, even if she is in my class.  I've tried to go over and talk with her, but she always seems to be asleep already and I don't get any texts back when I message her. 

"Channie," Jinae called my name and waved me over. 

"Hi," I smiled and gave her a hug. 

"What are you doing tonight?" 

"Nothing.  Probably just go home." 

"Okay, since you're free, how about we go on a date?" 

"Sure.  Where are we going?" 

"I was thinking about going to see a movie.  What do you think?" 

"I think that'll be great." 

Jinae smiled and pecked my cheek.  My cheeks felt hot for a moment, but I managed to cool down before sitting down with her at the lunch table. 

After school, I walked out of the building without spotting Haeri any where.  I did find Jinae, though, and she was by the bike racks talking to one of her friends.  But before I could reach her, Tao jumped in front of me out of nowhere. 

"Whoa, what the hell, Tao," I exclaimed as I took a step back. 

He laughed and said, "Sorry.  Any ways, what's up?"

"Nothing... why are you so hyper?" 

"Because I'm going to hang out with this really cute girl tonight." 

I raised an eyebrow at him.  "Really?  Who is she?"

"She's this really nice girl, she's pretty cool and chill with everything." 

"Oh, well aren't you lucky."  I smirked at him. 

"Yeah, yeah.  If Mai (A/N: Tao's girlfriend who is an OC) wasn't my girlfriend I'd totally take her." 

"Whatever, you liar.  You'd do anything to stay with Mai." 

Tao scoffed playfully because he knew I was right.  Mai was his girlfriend that is a Chinese-Korean.  The first time he came here, which was a long while ago, he met her and they got pretty close to one another. 

Tao left after our short conversation and I walked towards Jinae.  While she was still talking to her friend, I slowly wrapped my arms around her to give her a back hug.  She didn't stop talking, but she did put her hand on top of mine and gave it a little squeeze. 

After her friend finally left, I let my chin rest on her shoulder and kissed her cheek.  She twisted around in my arms and stared into my eyes. 

"I'll pick you up at six, okay?" I asked. 

"Okay.  I'll see you then," Jinae said in a soft voice. 

Then she tip-toed and pressed her lips against mine.  I was surprised and taken aback by her sudden movements, but was able to kiss back before she pulled away.  It was our very first kiss and it was an amazing feeling.  I wanted to stay in that position forever, but sadly she parted away from me and gave me a small wave before walking away to her car. 

Your POV:

I walked out of the school building after most of the students had left already.  When I stepped out, jealously hit me hard.  It felt as if time stopped for a moment as I witnessed Jinae and Gongchan let their lips touch.  Honestly, I don't think I felt as jealous as some people would because I knew that I had stolen Gongchan's first kiss when we were babies; my parents have a picture.  But then again, who wouldn't feel a tinge of jealously seeing their crush kiss someone else? 

Slowly I made my way home trying to forget about what I just saw.  After I was about a block away from the school, I realized that I still was just holding onto my skateboard.  So I dropped it to the ground and hopped on. 

When I got home, I quickly did my little homework that I had and called Tao.  He and I were going to go hang out for a while since it was a Friday after all. 

After my phone call with him, I ran downstairs and waited for him to come.  While I was playing a game on my phone, my mom came up behind me and kissed the top of my head. 

I haven't been talking to my parents at all this whole week.  It's because of the divorce and because I just have nothing to talk to them about.  I'm still completely angry at their decision, but what can I do? 

I purposely ignored my mother and continued to play on my phone.  Even after a minute passed, I could still feel her presence behind me.  I tried my best to ignore her, but finally I couldn't take it and got up and grabbed my skateboard. 

"Where are you going?" she asked.  When I didn't reply she asked again with annoyance in her tone of voice.  I was out the door when she got angry and yelled at me.  Honestly I really didn't care if she was angry at me or not, she should've expected this from me. 

Just as I was about to throw my skateboard onto the ground and get on, I spotted Tao walk up the sidewalk.  I stopped in front of him and smiled. 

"Hey," I greeted him. 

"Where are you going?  Were you going to ditch me?" he asked. 

"No... maybe."  I smirked. 

"Ah, you're so mean."  He pouted.  I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness.  "Any ways," he started after a while, "Let's go to the movies.  I said I'd meet my friends there later." 

"Okay," I replied.  Then we headed to the movie theater. 

When we got there, there were four people who waved to us- Tao actually.  We walked towards them and Tao greeted them casually. 

"This is my friend, Haeri," Tao introduced me.  I smiled at all four of them and bowed slightly. 

"I'm YiFan, but you can call me Kris," the tall one said with a cool smile. 

"Hi, I'm Luhan," the cute baby-faced one said with a nice smile. 

"I'm Yixing or Lay," said the one with deep dimples. 

"And I'm Mai, Tao's girlfriend," the pretty girl said.  She was quite short, had beautiful black hair, and was very slim. 

We all bought our tickets and went to find seats.  As we waited for the movie to finally start, I quietly talked with Mai.  She was nice and friendly and we got along very well. 

Then just as the movie was about to start, I spotted Gongchan and Jinae walk in and sit two rows in front of us.  As they walked in together, they were holding hands and smiling at each other.  My smile that I had on while I talked with Mai disappeared. 

When the movie was playing, I tried my best to ignore them and pay attention to the story, but I just couldn't when I saw them kissing every five minutes.  Half-way through the movie I just couldn't take it anymore and had to excuse myself.  It was kind of awkward because I had to pass by all five of them just to get out. 

Yixing, who was at the end of the row, stopped me by grabbing onto my wrist gently and asking if I was okay.  I smiled at how sweet he was even though we had just met and just nodded my head in response.  He gave me a worried look but nodded his head and let me go. 

Once I got out of the room, I went straight to the bathroom.  I splashed some water onto my face to wake myself up a little and stared at my reflection in the mirror.  After I let out a sigh, I turned to exit the bathroom, but then some girls entered the room.  To my luck it was Jinae's friends.  I decided to just mind my own business and just leave, but of course they had to talk to me. 

I pushed passed them and exited the bathroom ignoring what they were saying.  I wondered how Jinae was actually friends with these people because she actually seemed nice. 

When I walked out to the lobby area, there were more friends of Jinae who were waiting there.  I rolled my eyes as they glared at me. 

Before I could actually walk off, one of them grabbed my wrist harshly.  I turned around and pulled my hand away from the girl that grabbed me.  As soon as I was free, I tried walking away.  Again I was grabbed harshly by the wrist. 

"What the hell do you want?" I snapped. 

"Whoa there," the girl said with a smirk.  Then the other two girls that I saw in the bathroom came out and smirked along with the one that had me in her grasp.  I scoffed and rolled my eyes again.  "What do you think you're doing here?" 

"Watching a movie, what do you think?"

"Oh, no need to be so harsh." 

"Says the one that's trying to abuse me." 

She just laughed in my face.  I pulled my hand out of hers and stood there for a second.  "What do you have against Jinae, huh?" one of them asked before I got too far. 

What?  Why do they think that I would have something against Jinae?  Forget it.  I ignored them and continued to walk. 

I heard footsteps running after me and then once again, someone grabbed my arm.  "Answer me."  The girl twisted me around so that I was facing her.  All I did was glare.  This was nonsense and I didn't answer her.  "Tell me, is it because Jinae stole your sweet best friend?  Or are you jealous?  You want to try and destroy their relationship and spy on them?" 

What the hell is this?  Is she seriously asking me these questions?  "No," I simply answered. 

"C'mon, don't try-" 

"Leave her alone," someone said. 

We both turned our heads and saw Yixing coming our way.  I was so thankful that he came in time.  I was getting way too annoyed and wanted to puncher her straight on.  Actually she should be thankful for Yixing's appearance. 

She let me go and slightly backed up.  Soon she put on a fake girly smile.  I'm guessing that she thought that he was attractive- well, I can't blame her, he is pretty handsome.  Yixing didn't seem to take the smile though and secretly scoffed. 

I went back to the theater with Yixing and we sat back down in out spots.  Silently I sat through the movie, but my mind was so distracted with so many other things at the moment. 

When the movie was over, I got up along with the others and walked out to the lobby.  We were talking casually about the movie, but then I spotted Gongchan and Jinae.  Suddenly I started to get nervous and quickly said that I had to go to Tao and them and quickly walked out of the movie theater. 

As soon as I got outside, I glanced back quickly and noticed that Gongchan and Jinae were about to walk through the doors as well.  I cursed under my breath and dropped my skateboard to the ground and as fast as I could hopped on and rode away.  Again I glanced back at the two and saw Gongchan look my way for a second.  I thought my heart stopped beating for a minute thinking that he saw me, but then I calmed down as soon as Jinae grabbed his attention again. 

Honestly I don't even know why I was so nervous when I saw them.  Was it because I felt as if I was spying on them?  Was it the words that Jinae's friends said to me that got to me?  Gah... I shook my head and tried to focus before something bad happens. 

Once I got home, I let out a sigh and ran up to my room before my parents found out that I was home.  I changed into more comfortable clothes and went to my brother's room.  I let myself in and found him crying in his bed.  Silently I made my way over to him and sat on the edge of the bed. 

He twisted his head to check who it was, then turned back and pulled his covers over his head.  I let out another sigh and patted his shoulder.  I felt bad for him.  He had to go through all of this at such a young age.  If I could, as soon as I turned 18 I would take him with me and we'd run away, but sadly I can't. 

After he was asleep for sure, I got up and walked back to my room.  Before I went to sleep, I did a couple of things and went through some of my SNS pages.  Then I finally turned the lights off and went to sleep. 

 

 


Hi there!! I hope you guys like this chapter!  I'll try to update soon!  :)

 

~Angelflyer