Chapter 1

Destined Friends or Lovers?

Your POV:

My annoying, loud alarm went off and I turned to slap the snooze button.  I really didn't want to get up, I was up basically all night on my phone texting and going through my SNS.  So I went back to sleep after I pressed the button. 

"Wake up!" I heard my best friend, Gongchan, yell at me while barging into my room. 

I groaned and turned to face the wall.  Soon I could feel him hovering over me and poking at my face.  After about however many times of slapping his hand away, he finally stopped.  Then I heard my bathroom sink running.  He's going to pour water on me, I thought to myself.  I quickly sat up before he came back.  But still I got water splashed onto my face. 

"What the heck?!?" I screamed and looked up the the laughing Gongchan. 

"You better hurry up before I leave," he warned with a smirk and left. 

Again I groaned and threw my covers the the corner of my bed.  After I was ready, I headed downstairs and was greeted by my mom, little brother, and Gongchan.  My mom was washing the dishes while Gongchan and my 10 year-old brother, Junsu, sat at the breakfast bar. 

"You're finally up," my mom smiled to me. 

"Yeah because this idiot decided to come bother me while I was in dreamland," I said and punched Gongchan's shoulder. 

"Ouch!  That hurt," he whined even though I know I didn't punch him that hard. 

"I told him to," my mom butted in.  "Any ways, here's your breakfast." 

She handed me one slice of toast.  "This is it?" I asked staring down at it. 

"Well, your bus will be here any second, so this is the quickest thing I thought of." 

"Bus!"  I was too lazy to ride my skateboard today, so I quickly grabbed the toast and my backpack before rushing out the door.  A few moments later I could hear Gongchan's footsteps running to catch up with me. 

"Geez your fast," Gongchan said when he caught up to me. 

"Thanks," I said and munched on my bread. 

He poked at my side making me giggle and slightly spaz.  He continued doing so until I could take it anymore and yelled, "Yah!  Stop it!" 

"Okay, okay," he laughed. 

I smirked and ruffled his hair and said, "Good boy." 

"Stop it," he whined.  "I'm not a little kid." 

"You are to me."  I smiled. 

"Hey, I'm older than you."  He started pouting. 

"Yeah, by one day."  I playfully rolled my eyes and lightly pinched his cheek. 

"I'm still older than you- and you should call me your oppa.  I still don't understand why you don't want to call me your oppa." 

I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking.  We waited at the bus stop for a couple of minutes before climbing on.  We sat next to each other and quietly talked to each other while the bus drove to the school which was only a couple of blocks away. 

Once we got to school, Gongchan's hyungs came running towards us with my girl best friend, Hana.  We headed into the school and hung around inside since it had air conditioning and it was starting to get hot standing in the sun.  We checked each other's homeroom and found out that Gongchan, Hana, Baro, and I had the same class.  Before the bell rang, we decided to head to our classes. 

We sat down next to each other and talked for a while before the teacher came in and class started.  Hana suddenly asked, "Isn't it like fate that you and Gongchan have been in the same class for the whole 4 years now?"  She totally shipped me and Gongchan together when I told her that I might have feelings for the guy. 

Just to play around I scoffed and made a disgusted face, but Gongchan laughed and put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.  "Yup, and I couldn't be happier." 

The bell suddenly rang and the teacher came in immediately.  Her name was Ms. Nam and she was quite young.  Soon our seats were switched around a little bit, but us four were still together.  And throughout class, we passed notes around.  We probably filled 3 pages with our useless small talk and little drawings. 

Finally it was time for lunch, Baro dragged Hana away which left me and Gongchan.  We entered the cafeteria and right away Gongchan was crowded by girls.  He tried getting away from them and walking with me, but he ended up being swallowed by the girls. 

Before I left I made eye contact with him and bitterly smiled.  Then I rushed over to the lunch line to get something to eat since I didn't have a full breakfast this morning.  I grabbed my lunch and left to the table that I would always sit at the years before.  Usually there were already people there talking and they would greet me warmly, but those friends of mine were off to collage now.  I sighed and accepted the fact that I'd have to eat lunch alone today. 

After lunch time ended, we went back to our class and waited for the next teacher to arrive.  I sat in my seat with my head down not wanting to talk to any one.  My mood dropped at the beginning of lunch and I wasn't in the greatest mood right now. 

"What's wrong?" Hana asked and poked my head. 

I waved her away, but she kept bothering me.  "Nothing," I snapped. 

"Tell me what happened."  I was really glad that Hana was my best friend, she was still calm even though I just snapped at her. 

I sighed and said, "I'll tell you after school." 

Just then Gongchan and Baro came in.  Baro came in behind Gongchan smiling at Hana lovingly.  I gave Hana a weird look and asked, "Did you and Baro make out the whole lunch time?" 

"No," she said with a smile, meaning that she was lying. 

"How are you two any ways?" 

"Same as usual, loving and caring like a good couple should be." 

"I'm jealous." 

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll notice some time soon." 

"Yeah, yeah..." 

The bell rang one more and the next class started.  The whole day seemed to go by fast and before I knew it, it was the end of the day already.  I was so glad because I just wanted to go home and sleep. 

After I was done packing my stuff, I went straight to my locker while saying bye to Hana and Baro- and Gongchan was no where to be seen.  I closed my locker right after I was done organizing my things.  Then all of a sudden Gongchan appeared making me jump in surprise. 

"You ," I muttered. 

He just smiled and put his arm around my shoulders.  "Should we ride the bus?  Or should we walk?" he asked.  We made it outside and found a lot of girls waiting for him.  Again they gathered around him.  Before I started receiving glares for being close to their oppa, I slipped away from him and decided walk home instead. 

"See ya later," I yelled before I ran off. 

I let out a sigh of relief when I got home and threw my backpack in the living room.  I had the whole house to myself for about 2 more hours because my parents were at work and my brother was still at school.  After playing on my phone for 10 minutes I started to get bored and roamed around the house like it was new to me. 

Suddenly the door bell rang.  I ran over to the door to get it.  When I opened it, Gongchan cruised right passed me with his cute smile and plopped down on the couch in the living room. 

"Yes, you can come in," I said and closed the door. 

"You ditched me," he pouted. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to get trampled by your princesses." 

Gongchan's POV:

I looked at Haeri and thought for a minute.  "They're not my princesses," I said and pouted even more.  If anything they were like little devils always trying to keep me from things I wanted and needed to do. 

I watched as she made her around to sit across from me.  "What are you doing here any ways?" she asked looking at me. 

"I came to see you, my princess," I teased. 

She scoffed.  Then she got up and walked away into the kitchen.  My eyes followed her figure as she did and I noticed how nice her body looked, although I couldn't really see it well because she was wearing baggy clothing.  I widened my eyes as soon as I realized what I was thinking and felt my cheeks start glowing red.  What's wrong with me?, I asked myself. 

"What are you doing over there?" I heard her call out to me as I hid my head into the back of the couch. 

"Uh, nothing," I said and quickly lifted my head up. 

"Did you want to go out and eat something with me?  There's no real food that I can cook," she asked, ignoring my weirdness. 

"No," I joked. 

"Fine," she looked away dramatically.  "I'll go by myself and get by some old man." 

"Awe, don't be like that Haeri-ah." 

"Just go and I might never see you again." 

I got up and walked over to her smiling at her wonderful acting.  She closed the fridge and and tried walking passed me, but I grabbed her and hugged her from behind.  When I let her go I spun her around and flicked her forehead. 

"You ," she said and pushed me away. 

"Thank you," I sang and followed her out. 

Once we got outside the nice, warm sun hit our skin and the cool breeze blew by.  It felt perfect.  I wished it could always be this kind of weather out.  Then I asked, "Should I grab my bike or are we going to walk?" 

"It doesn't matter," she replied starting to walk down towards downtown. 

"I take that we'll just be walking," I mumbled and quickened my pace to catch up with her. 

 

 


Hey guys!  here's the first chapter!! I hope that you guys like it and that you'll like the chapters that are coming up!! :D 

 

~Angelflyer