CHAPTER 19: SCAR

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

Kibum wasn't able to get much sleep in the cold kennel.
He felt like a caged dog to be honest; and it was quite terrible.
He hated this feeling -- being forgotten and not cared for at the moment.
It was too cold for him to think or feel hungry. Warmth was the only thing in mind.
He couldn't see a thing; it was so dark that's couldn't tell the difference if his eyes were shut or not.

A few hours later, his eyelids finally shut in exhaustion.

However, he saw a familiar figure in his dream.
It was a tall woman who he was really shocked to see.
Honestly, Kibum didn't expect to ever see his mother again.
However, in his dream, she embraced him tightly, the way he'd imagine a mother to embrace a lost child.
He stood still as she cried softly.
"M-mother?" He asked tentatively. Usually, she used to snap at him if he called her that.
"Oh Kibum! This was what I was afraid of!" She pulled away, her eyes filled with dark tears because of her mascara and eyeliner.
He remained confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Do you think any mother can hate her child?!" She demanded sadly, "I know it was terrible of me but I knew I couldn't protect you. It's my fault you are in such pain; I'm the one who gave birth to you after all! I did it for you. I didn't want you to trust me and love me because I knew you'd be taken away and I wouldn't be able to protect you".

"I d-don't understand what you mean", Kibum said shakily, "Protect me from what?"

"This world! The society! Don't you see? They all see hybrids as evil and there's no overlooking it. Your own mate turned away from you. There's nothing left", she exclaimed in tears.

"What do I do?"

"That's why I told you to give up in the start. If you did, you wouldn't have to go through all this. I have no right to tell you what to do but its for your own good Kibum. I love you!"

This was the first time Kibum heard those voices from his mother's lips. Tears grew in his eyes.

"Sweetheart, don't cry", she said lovingly, wiping his tears with a manicured finger, "I promise this isn't a dream. I've been looking over you. I urged your power to come out since you were in danger."

"Wh-what do I do?" Kibum sobbed, clutching onto his mother desperately like a newborn.

"Turn yourself in. Let them execute you", his mother said, "This world isn't safe for you. You would be killed as an innocent soul and you'll return to this world at a better time and get what you deserve".

Kibum's heart stopped at the thought.
"Think about it Kibum", his mother kissed his forehead, "Remember, I love you".

And she was gone.

When he awoke, Kibum cried for his mother to return. It felt like a quick illusion and he wanted her comfort. He wanted his mother.
After that, he couldn't sleep at all and his body had become numb to the chilly wind.
He sat silently, after growing tired of the tears,  he thought about what his mother said.
..............................................................
After the whole blowout, Taemin was the only one who was terribly lost.
"What happened hyung? I don't understand why Kibum hyung is held. What's going on?"

Minho was fuming and Jinki was silent; nobody answered the boy and Taemin knew this was a bad time.
However he was extremely concerned and curious and he hated not knowing about what was going on.

He returned to Jinki's apartment. Once he was in his room, he called someone he never expected to be calling...


Meanwhile, Minho hadn't slept the entire night worrying for Kibum.
Where was he? Was he hurt? Kibum didn't deserve any of this.
Jinki sighed next to him, "I can't believe Jonghyun. I actually believed he wouldn't betray Kibum".

"I knew it all along", Minho stated bitterly, "I knew he was an from the start. He grew tired of Kibum, that's what. He lied. Kibum wasn't his destined mate or whatever the hell he called it. He can die in a ditch for all I care. I just want my brother back."

It was around 8am when Minho had enough of waiting.
He grabbed his car keys and was out the door, zooming to Jonghyun's house after dropping Jinki to work.
Right now, he really didn't care if he was entering a family of werewolves; it was the last thing on his mind.

He knocked on the door and Jonghyun's father opened it.
"Can I help you?" he asked, taken aback.
"Is this where Kim Jonghyun lives? I need a word with him", Minho said.
"Oh sure. Come in", he said, letting Minho in and calling his mother to get him downstairs.

"What are you doing here?" Jonghyun snarled when he saw Minho.
"What do you think? I'm here to get Kibum", Minho snapped.

"Are you a friend of Kibum's?" Jonghyun's father asked tentatively.

"His brother".

His mouth formed an O shape.
" I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait", he said, "The request will need to be processed so the soonest you'd be able to see him would be in two days".

Minho's eyes bulged, "Two days?! Aren't you the alpha? My brother hasn't done anything wrong!"

"I am the alpha but the elder council call the shots for laws around here and carrying them out", the man replied.

Without another word, Minho returned home and got ready for work.
There really wasn't much he could do.
.............................
"He's not lying! He can't possibly be lying!" Taemin exclaimed in horror, the afternoon of Jonghyun's news.

"I know", Zorro replied, "But Jonghyun is a stubborn . He is convinced that Kibum is at fault".

"But Kibum is his mate! How can he throw him under a bus?" Taemin protested.
"Well, think of it this way. What if your girlfriend blamed something like this on Jinx? You'd be on your cousin's side", Zorro explained.
"Yeah but we both know that Zorro has a history; Kibum would never lie about such a thing", Taemin protested.

"I know. I'm sorry; all I can do is keep an eye on him", Zorro explained.

"Well, how is he?" Taemin demanded, "Hyung must be feeling terrible!"

"He hasn't eaten for about 32 hours now. The food isn't touched and the kennel is chilly",
Zorro said in concern.

"Can't you get him out of there! Even you know that Siwon is a lying prick!" Taemin exclaimed in frustration.
"I know but it's only natural for the pack to take the future alpha's side than a hybrid", Zorro said sadly.

Finally, it had been two days and Minho hurried to Jonghyun's house that Tuesday afternoon.
"I'll be showing you to where Kibum is", Zorro welcomed him.
Minho nodded as he was led to the kennel.
It was more like a garage and it was cold.

Minho grimaced, "Has Jonghyun even visited Kibum?"
"I'm afraid not".
Minho felt terrible thinking of his brother stuck in this place.
"Is this even legal? Are you allowed to keep him in here?" Minho demanded.
"We aren't part of the human legal system. In fact, we have the power to make records disappear".
Minho felt a bit terrified at this point. Kibum could possibly be in huge trouble.
Zorro pulled out a key and unlocked a weird looking gate. They walked inside and truthfully, Minho felt his heart beating twenty times faster. This place was really creepy; like a setting you'd expect to see in a horror movie.
The came across a door that was locked from the outside with a twist and turn type of lock.
Once it clicked off, the door was swung open.
At first, Minho was confused; it was a dark room and Minho could literally see nothing at all.
Zorro pulled out flashlight. Minho was horrified to see a familiar wolf in a corner, shying from them.
Kibum's white fur was dull and messy and he was hundling a corner.
"What the hell did you do to him?"
"Nothing. He's just surprised from the light; he's adjusting", the man answered calmly.

"Why the hell is he kept like a ing animal?" Minho yelled, "He's a victim!!"

Before Zorro could reply, Kibum returned to his human form, "M-Minho?"

Minho turned to see his brother in his clothing from two days ago, looking like he was locked up for weeks.

Kibum was unsure whether he was dreaming but he was pulled into reality when Minho grabbed him into a tight hug.
Minho didn't care that Kibum hadn't taken a shower in two days.
He felt terrible when he noticed the weight Kibum had lost.

"Too tight", Kibum groaned.
"I can't believe they locked you down here!" Minho said, not loosening his grip.
Unconsciously, tears rolled down Kibum's cheeks, "I want to go home".

Minho glared at Zorro, "I'm not letting Kibum stay in here! You can't do this to an innocent person!"

The man was conflicted; he knew Kibum really didn't deserve this. It was too much of a harsh punishment.
Not to mention, he was confused with Jonghyun's lack of trust and care for his mate.
He sighed and nodded before leading them into the light.  Kibum was blinded for a while when he was hit by the sunlight.
"Come, I can let you stay around the pack but you're not going to like the condition", he said.
"He's coming home", Minho said flaring up.
"Look! It isn't up to me; I don't make all the decisions so I can't let Kibum just leave. They'll just attack your house!" Zorro exclaimed.
Minho felt like punching Zorro even though he knew this wasn't really his fault.
"At least it's better than this place", Zorro pointed out, "Wait, I'll be back in a second".
..
", don't they feed you?" Minho demanded when he clearly got to see Kibum's state.
The boy didn't reply as Zorro returned.
In his hand was a collar and a thick leather leash.

Minho stood defensively in front of his brother, "You are NOT putting that on my brother."
"Minho, it's protocol. I'll keep an eye on him", Zorro sighed, "Otherwise, he'll be seen as a threat. Unless you want to send him back down there".
Zorro walked around to Kibum, whispering a "sorry".
"Kibum, shift into your wolf form. I need to put the collar on and you'll be physically protected as a wolf".
Kibum didn't say a word as he shifted. However, he really lack energy and flopped down as soon as he was a wolf.
Zorro carefully put the collar on and tied the leash tightly to the thick trunk of the tree they were under.

Minho sat with his brother for an hour, softly running his hands through the rough fur. It had lost its shine.
"Taemin and Jinki were extremely worried", Minho said, "Don't worry; you'll get out of this place soon anyways."

Kibum whined and he finally fell into a well-needed rest with his head on Minho's lap.
Sadly, Minho had to go and he gently removed Kibum's head with a regretful look.
Zorro could see the turmoil on Minho's face. He really loved his brother dearly and he really couldn't bear Kibum being treated so terribly.
"I'll try to help him the best I can", Zorro said, in hopes of bringing Minho a little peace.

Minho patted Zorro's shoulder, "Thank you. I'll be going now".
...................................
"Who the hell gave you permission to bring him out here?!" Siwon demanded.
"He wasn't eating; he wouldn't live in that place; nobody would. Besides, he's isolated from the rest of the pack. And for your sake, I even put an electric collar on him!" Zorro snapped back.
Siwon rolled his eyes and shot the wolf a haughty glare before huffing away.
Zorro took the responsibility to bring Kibum food but it was always rejected. In his human form, Kibum only spoke when he needed to and he only accepted water.
Zorro felt terrible for Kibum but he really couldn't do anything.

"Jonghyun, at least go see him!" Zorro exclaimed, "He's been terrible; you can't be so cold hearted; he's your mate after all".
"Not anymore".
"Quit being stupid!"
"If he apologized for lying then maybe I'd think about it. But he's being stubborn", Jonghyun replied.
"You're being stubborn", Zorro grumbled.
But in the back of his head, Jonghyun knew that he didn't want to see Kibum in pain.
He just didn't want to accept it; he was insistent on losing all his feelings for the hybrid.

Minho continued to call Zorro often to ask about Kibum. Unfortunately, he didn't talk to anyone and only ate enough to stay alive.

However, one night, as Jinki was getting ready to sleep and Minho was taking a shower, Minho's phone wrang.
Jinki saw it was Zorro so he picked up; it was probably about Kibum.
"Hello? Minho's in the shower".
"...Jinx! I was actually thinking about you".
"Are you flirting? And I thought this might've been important", Jinki groaned.
Zorro chuckled, "I'm kidding. I need to talk to your boy toy really fast. It's urgent".

Fortunately, Minho came out that second and Jinki passed him the phone.

"What really?!" Minho exclaimed. He was smiling so Jinki assumed that it was good news.
"Oh... Thank God! So when can he return... Okay thanks a lot!"

Minho hung up and pounced on Jinki, pushing both of them onto the bed.
"They're gonna excuse Kibum!!" he exclaimed.
"Really? Is Siwon going to be punished?" Jinki asked excitedly.

"No the council said that Kibum was also a victim so he may not have recognized the attacker. But that's better than nothing!" Minho replied, "And Zorro said that we can go see him and bring him home in two days!"

"Thank God! I can't wait to tell Taemin!" Jinki exclaimed happily.
Finally, Kibum would be back and they could return to their regular lives.
And Minho could finally relax.

At school, Minho and Taemin kept their distance from Jonghyun and continued on with their day.

...........................................

OK.... i'm gonna wrap up this fanfic in the next chapter or the one after

Im terribly sorry for the slow updates! but thank u 4 ur patience <3