CHAPTER 8: STRANGER

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

 

"And this is the children's daycare building", Jonghyun said, ending the tour around the pack territory. It was like a little neighbourhood; a regular tight-knit community.
Kibum was enthusiastic about the entire experience. In fact, he'd been enthusiastic about everything ever since hi changed the previous week.
Jonghyun sighed and checked his phone.
"It's almost 6. I think most people will be back from their daily routines. We should go find my dad".
Everyone had their own house and family and they worked for a living. It was like a normal family, except they were extremely close to each other and trusted one another a whole lot. It was 6, so they'd probably be home by now. Today was the day Kibum would be introduced to the pack as Jonghyun's mate and a valuable member of the pack. It would be lying if the young man wasn't nervous.
A short while later, a deep howl erupted in the evening sky.
Slowly, people left their houses and made their way to the large meeting area in the forest. Many of the men were very well-built and intimidating as they looked up at the rocky steep where Jonghyun's father, Jonghyun, and Kibum stood.
"Everybody!" he said in a booming voice, "I'm here to proudly announce that my son, Jonghyun, has found his mate!"
Everybody clapped respectfully and Jonghyun's father moved Kibum closer the ledge for a better view.
"This is Kibum, he is a hybrid were/ vampire. Nevertheless, he is our family and no different from any of you. I hope you all make him feel welcomed."
Kibum noticed everyone's shocked, wide eyes and open mouths. However, they didn't protest although hushed voices could be heard. Jonghyun ruffled his mate's hair. "Don't be nervous, they're just a bit cautiously", he assured, "It'll take a while before they warm up to you".
Kibum respectfully bowed to the crowd and people and offered a hesitant smile before returning getting of the ledge with Jonghyun.
"Hey! Nice to meet!" a deep voice said.
Kibum and Jonghyun turned to see a man wearing a white dress shirt and black pants. He seemed to be wearing a uniform from preppy private schools you see on TV. The boy had green eyes and curly white hair, not to mention a huge pearly smile.
A smile erupted on Jonghyun's face when he noticed him, "Zorro! It's been so long! When did you get home?"
The two hugged briefly, leaving Kibum confused as ever.
The other boy returned the hug and hit Jonghyun's head playfully, "What kind of friend are you? Not telling your own best friend that you're mated!"
Jonghyun grinned before apologizing.
"Anyways, this is Zorro, my best friend since grade school. And this is Kibum, my mate", he introduced the two.
Zorro warmly shook Kibum's hand.
Apparently, Zorro attended a private school in the city and didn't come back too often. But now, his parents decided to enrol him to the neighbourhood high school where Jonghyun and Kibum went. He was now more mature and would learn to contribute to the pack as he was the next beta of the pack when Siwon took over in a few years.
"Pleasure to meet you!" Zorro said.
"Likewise hyung", Kibum bowed making Zorro beam.
"Well! You're so polite! Looks like Jonghyun's ways haven't corrupted you yet!"
Jonghyun shoved the other boy playfully, making him and Kibum laughed.
Kibum was already feeling right at home.
The afternoon was cheerful until a few minutes later when the three boys were walking toward's Jonghyun's home. At the front of the porch, they could see Jonghyun's father arguing with two other men. They were loud and as the boys got closer, they heard everything clearly.
"But it's the law! You can't just change it without the council's permission!" one man exclaimed.
"It was the law", Jonghyun's father argued, "I've already said he's family now".
It was easy to tell that they were referring to Kibum.
"But it's a violation of the law! I don't know where he's from but what if there's more? Like an army against us?" The men kept throwing ridiculous theories.
The men noticed the three approaching the house and were silent.
"Well it's late gentlemen. You're dismissed".
Although they looked like they wanted to argue, they obeyed the alpha's words and left.
"Is everything alright?" Jonghyun asked.
"Don't worry. There's bound to be some who are less accepting of others", his father sighed, "Ah! Zorro! You're here! Come join us for dinner!"
The boy grinned widely and nodded.
At the table, Kibum was quick to sense a tension between Siwon and Zorro.
"Zorro", Siwon had said dully, "I didn't know you were back".
"I wanted to congratulate Jonghyun since he found his mate. Don't you think it's a celebratory event?" Zorro said with a forced, firm smile on his face.
"Of course. We have a new member to our family. I look forward to getting closer with my brother-in-law", Siwon replied in an equally forced tone.
The two stared one another down until Jonghyun's mother asked Siwon to pass the salad.
After the long night, Jonghyun offered to drive Kibum home. The boys waved Zorro 'goodbye' and were on their way.
"Siwon and Zorro seemed to be quite aggressive", Kibum commented once they were in the car.
"They have a grudge going on from two years back", Jonghyun replied as he started up the car, "they were actually quite close before. But even I don't know the reason for their arguments. I wonder how they'll get along as alpha and beta".
Kibum nodded in understanding.
Before he exited the vehicle, he wished his boyfriend good night and gave him a kiss only to be pulled back into a deeper, more passionate movement.
After a whole quick minute, Kibum pushed Jonghyun away gently, his arms, "Yeobo, if you do that, how am I supposed to get out of the car?"
Jonghyun stared into his boyfriend's eyes lovingly and pushed his hair back with his free hand, "I'm just so lucky to have someone like you Kibummie."
Kibum laughed and softly slapped the elder's bicep, "Jjong! You're so corny!" He opened the door saying "I love you" before entering his house.
Jonghyun drove away and Kibum went to his room and changed, sighing in contentment as he fell onto his bed. This was the first time in his life he felt so complete and so happy.
He was Jonghyun's.
And Jonghyun was his.

 

Please wait for an update tomorrow :D