CHAPTER 9: SPOILER

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

Everything seemed fine at first.
The werewolf community had numerous weekend barbecues and Kibum enjoy attending them to spend time with Jonghyun, his family, and Zorro. Zorro had an enjoyable sense of humour and made everyone laugh. It was surprisingly easy to warm up to him despite his intimidating height and features. They were soon the best of friends.
At the moment, the two were spraying water at one another with water bottles, yelling around. Within minutes, Zorro's hair was flat and dripping on his face, making it difficult to see. His aim was pretty bad but he had managed to soak the front of Kibum's shirt.
"Hey Bummie, I have to use the washroom", Jonghyun called, "Can you watch the meat? The heat is turned off. You just need to serve".
Kibum nodded and got behind the grill and quickly began to serve everyone.
"Need help?" Zorro offered.
"I've got it", Kibum smiles.
It seemed wonderful to see everyone sitting around laughing and talking. It was like the family Kibum never had and he felt so happy and privileged to be a part of the lively community. Kibum soon had his focus on flipping a chicken wing when an arm around his shoulders surprised him.
He turned smiling, expecting Jonghyun but he was surprised to see Siwon.
"Oh Siwon", he said.
"Hey Kibum. Enjoying yourself?"
"Yeah, it's great", the younger smiled. He moved a bit to get Siwon's arm off of him but the elder tightened his arm, approaching his neck.
"What are you two talking about?"
Kibum couldn't hide his relief when Jonghyun entered the scene. Thankfully, Siwon removed his arms and ruffled Jonghyun's hair before taking a seat.
"Kibum, you can sit down and eat", Jonghyun offered, taking the spatula.
"Uh it's fine. I'll eat with you", Kibum said.
He sensed something odd in Siwon’s behaviour and it almost frightened him. But Kibum quickly shook the thought away as a misunderstanding.

“Say Ahhh”.
Kibum was surprised as he snapped out of his thoughts. His eyes focused on a piece of meat in front of him.
Kibum opened his mouth and Jonghyun fed him the grilled piece of meat.
"Mm! It's delicious!" Kibum smiled. Jonghyun ruffled his hair affectionately, "Let's go eat together then".
After the delicious barbecue meal, Jonghyun left to discuss some boarder issues with his father so Kibum spent his time with Zorro, playing with the children.
However, a while later, it was the kids' turn to eat so good had to be freshly grilled once more.
"Hey can any of you boys do the barbecue?" Jonghyun's mother requested.
"I would, but food isn't my place. I'll only end up burning it", Zorro confessed.
"It's fine, I'll do it", Kibum offered.
Zorro agreed to entertain the children nearby while Kibum barbecued. He was in the midst of doing his job when Siwon was next to him once more.
"How's it going Kibum?"
"F-fine hyung", Kibum said.
"It's a good day huh? Do you enjoy parties like these?" Siwon asked casually.
Kibum brightened, "Very much! It's a lot of fun; it's so nice to see everyone spending time together!"
Siwon grinned and the two continued talking and Kibum became more comfortable around him.
"You must be tired. Want me to take over?" Siwon offered.
Kibum shoved him playfully, "Hey hyung! Why must you underestimate me? I'm filled with energy! We just ate, you know".
Siwon chuckled, "Yeah, since you have huge muscles under there".
"Is that sarcasm?" Kibum pouted.
"Of course not! I don't judge a book by its cover", Siwon joked, grabbing the younger boy's arm and giving a light squeeze.
"Hyung, what are you doing?" Kibum asked.
"Checking your muscles, looks pretty scrawny to me", the elder said in a fake-disappointed tone.
Kibum laughed out loud, "My lower body is stronger since I dance".
"Oh really?" Siwon said. He placed one hand on Kibum's hips to keep him in place and his other hand gently squeezed his thigh.
Abruptly, Kibum jumped away in surprise, "Why don't you call the kids? The meat is done."
Unknown to the two, Zorro had been observing Siwon's advances and he frowned.
He sensed discomfort from Kibum's face but when Siwon grabbed the younger boy's thigh, he was about to march there and get Siwon away from the boy.
But Kibum jumped away from him and said something.
Zorro quickly adverted his eyes as he saw Siwon approach.
"The meat is grilled for the kids. Bring them to the table", Siwon said.
After that, he left and Zorro helped Kibum distribute food to the kids.
Soon after, the two boys collapsed on the grass beside one another.
"Ah I'm tired!" they said at the same time before giggling.
Zorro decided not to mention the incident with Siwon, seeing Kibum enjoying himself.
He didn't want to kill the mood.
"Is this what you do?" said a familiar voice.
"Jonghyunnie! You're here!" Kibum exclaimed happily.
"You two are so alike it's scaring me. Who goes to the park and lies in the grass. Go play some sports", he nagged as he joined them.
"Yah! Don't do that! You sound like a old man", Zorro scolded, ignoring his friend.
As the sun slowly began to go down, the families all cleaned up and began to head home.
"I can drive Kibum home", Zorro offered out of the blue, "You seem pale".
"Oh no, I'll drop him", Jonghyun declined.
"Jonghyun, it's fine if you're tired. I'll go with Zorro hyung", Kibum added, also noticing his boyfriend's fatigue.
"Well if it's alright with you two", Jonghyun said hesitantly.
"See you at school", Kibum said, giving the elder a peck.
As Zorro drove, he finally decided to ask Kibum, "Are you uncomfortable around Siwon?"
After initial silence, Kibum laughed nervously, "Of course not hyung. He's my brother-on-law. What's there to be uncomfortable about?"
"Well you seemed off when he was talking to you earlier", Zorro commented.
"It was nothing", Kibum said quickly. When Zorro pulled up at his street, the younger boy thanked the elder and was on his way. However, Zorro still had his doubts. He had to be cautious with Siwon and Kibum.
When he returned, Jonghyun was strolling around the empty park. Everyone had gone home. Jonghyun was on his phone and he looked up and smiled, “Thanks for dropping off Kibum”.
“Yah! You lazy bum! I thought you were tired?” Zorro smacked him on the head.
“It’s peaceful here”, Jonghyun said, settling on a swing.  Zorro joined them and the two boys were met with silence.
Zorro took a deep breath, “You know, Siwon and Kibum seem awkward”.
“I think they’re getting along fine”, Jonghyun disagreed, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen Siwon give anyone a second glance”. 
Zorro stared with wide eyes at his best friend. Was it possible for a man to be this dense… or was Jonghyun just stupid?
Zorro leaned over to his friend and his fist tapped the latter’s skull--- and not too gently.
“OW! What the hell was that for??” Jonghyun exclaimed in annoyance and surprise.
“Sorry”, Zorro said with wide eyes, “I was checking if you really were an airhead”.
…”What is that supposed to mean?” Jonghyun demanded.
“Jonghyun!” Zorro said, grabbing his friend’s shoulders, “Is it really a good thing that Kibum has caught your brother’s attention? Just think about it.”
“I-I’m sure you’re mistaken”, Jonghyun shook his head, “Kibum is my mate after all. Siwon is just being friendly”.
Zorro gave Jonghyun a dry look, “Is Siwon the type to just be friendly, without a motive?”
Jonghyun took a deep breath, “Look. I know you two aren’t on the best of terms but that doesn’t mean you can throw such things around without the slightest amount of proof”.
Jonghyun wasn’t a fan of his brother, but he trusted him.
Zorro got up, “Let’s go home, huh? We’re both tired.”
And just like that, the issue was dropped.

Zorro and Jonghyun were almost thankful that the issue didn’t come up again.

However it wasn’t avoidable.

One morning, Kibum, Minho, and Taemin were out shopping, with the youngest boy whining.
“Ugh why do I have to be here?”
“Because you’re hungry”, Kibum rolled his eyes.
“You guys can bring something. Why must I come shopping?” Taemin persisted, “In fact, why do I need babysitters? I was gonna hang out with Naeun.”
“She had a family gathering”, Kibum interrupted.
“That’s why you ended up with us”, Minho concluded.
After a few minutes, the younger boy’s spirits lifted as he began to dump a bunch of snacks into the cart when Kibum was looking for pasta sauce and Minho was getting milk.
As he placed six packs of cookies into the cart, he felt a sharp pain on the back of his head.
“Yah Lee Taemin”, Minho demanded grabbing the shopping cart, “What do you think you’re doing?”
“Helping?” Taemin smiled innocently.
Before Minho could remove the cookies, Kibum had arrived and grabbed the cart, “Geez, if you’re going to be this slow, I’ll push the cart!”
Minho didn’t say anything as he followed his brother.
It was until checkout that Kibum noticed something off on the bill.
His eyes squinted at the long receipt. Minho grabbed a bag and walked ahead. Taemin was about to follow him with two other bags when Kibum grabbed his arm.
“Yah Lee Taemin, open those bags”.
“Can’t we do this at home hyung? I’m tired”, Taemin nervously said.
“Taemin. What did you buy?” Kibum said in a dangerously calm  tone.
“Just some snacks?”
“SOME SNACKS? Would SOME snacks mean the total went up by $112?!” Kibum demanded angrily. The boy was too prideful to go return it so he dragged Tamein home by the ear.

Minho was on the couch with Jinki, counting down.
“4….3…2…”
“AHHH, sorry hyung! I’m really sorry! Ow!! Hyung, it hurts!” Taemin exclaimed as he entered the apartment. Kibum’s hands were still around the younger boy’s ear.
Minho was laughing on the couch while Jinki chuckled.
“YAH! CHOI MINHO! Why didn’t you tell me about this brat?!” Kibum demanded.
“Because this is much more entertaining.”
The boy sighed and released Taemin as he went to the kitchen to begin cooking.
Taemin pouted and decided to take his anger out on Minho and Jinki. He settled between the two, earning strong voices of complaint. The elders tried pushing him away but Taemin was too persistent.
Finally, Minho sighed in defeat, “You—Really! Lee Taemin, professional er”.  
However, 30 minutes later, Kibum’s anger seemed to die down and he didn’t have room for all the extra snacks so he put them all in a bag and went to the living room, where the 3 boys were watching some movie.

He threw the bag at Taemin, “If this happens again, I’m going to demand compensation for all my groceries”.
Taemin’s face lit up and he hugged the elder, “Thank you so much hyung! I love you!!”
He ripped open the bag and began to eat.

“Lee Taemin, if I see a single crumb, I’ll kill you”, Kibum threatened.
After Kibum boiled the noodles, Jinki entered the kitchen, peering curiously.
“What’s all this fancy stuff for?”
“Pot luck dinner at Jonghyun’s house. His mother told me not to prepare anything but I can’t just go empty handed”, Kibum replied.
“Need any help?”
“Sure, go cut a cucumber or something”, Kibum added.
Jinki chopped all the vegetables and soon, Kibum was done his pasta. The two boys were exhausted and went to the living room where Minho and Taemin were stuffing themselves with snacks. Kibum kicked them off the couch, “Agh!! I see a crumb! Go clean to the dishes!”
“Hyung! That’s not fair! It’s only a crumb”, Taemin whined.
“I said I didn’t want to see a crumb Lee Taemin! Are you talking back to me? Go and wash the dishes!!” Kibum barked angrily. He was tired and Taemin didn’t want to make the elder angrier.
“Yes hyung”, he said.

That afternoon, Jinki was kind enough to drop Kibum off at Jonghyun’s voice since he was too busy with boarder duties since there seemed to be an issue with security. He was away with his father and brother.
“Thanks hyung!” Kibum thanked when he got off.
“Have fun, I’ll take care of dinner!” Jinki said.
 

“Aigoo!! You didn’t have to make anything!” Jonghyun’s mom exclaimed although she looked a bit thankful. Zorro grabbed a bite of the pasta before he was wacked over the head by Jonghyun’s mom, “Yah! It’s not dinner time yet! Kibum watch this guy. I need to grab some things from the back.”
“Okay!”
“Did you make this Kibum?” Zorro asked, “This is really delicious!!”
“It’s nothing, I didn’t want t show up empty handed”, Kibum grinned.
A few minutes later, Siwon appeared.
“Oh hey Kibum! I was gonna head out for some groceries for mom. Wanna come help? Jonghyun is going to be a while”, he said.
“Go alone”, Zorro snapped, earning a glare.
“I wasn’t asking you”, Siwon snarled.
Noticing the atmosphere, Kibum broke them apart, “Sure hyung! Why not, I’ll be glad to help!”
“Are you kidding me?” Zorro demanded angrily, “This guy isn’t safe!”
“What’s that mean? Mom requested it and it’s only the grocery store!” Siwon rolled his eyes.
Zorro glared at the two as they left.
Just as the engine sped off, Jonghyun entered the house.
“Why was Siwon in a hurry?”
“You’re a second too late. He already stole your bride”, Zorro said, “He and Kibum went to grab something from the grocery store”.
“What do you mean, he already got all the stuff this morning”, Jonghyun said.
Zorro lifted his hands, “Don’t ask me! Your mom sent him”.
Jonghyun left and then came back, “She didn’t”.
Zorro’s eyes widened, “That bastard! I knew it!”
“Calm down, you’re over-reacting”, Jonghyun said although his heart was beating twice as fast now, “I’m sure they’ll be back in a bit. I’ll call Kibum”.
"Jjonggie!"
Jonghyun looked at Zorro, "See he's fine".
"Where are you Bummie, I miss you! I haven't seen you for two whole days!" Jonghyun whined.
"I'll be back soon. We're taking a shortcut to the grocery store", Kibum giggled.
"Really? I didn't know about a shortcut", Jonghyun said.
"Ah! What the-- hyung! What are you doing? AHH!--"
The sound of a struggle could be heard and Jonghyun's heart stopped.
"KIBUM? KIBUMMIE?!!!"
But there was no answer. He tried calling again but nobody picked up.
"What's up?" Zorro asked, worried.
"I don't know, I heard for struggling and the phone was snatched away!" Jonghyun said, worried.
He and Zorro raced out to the car when they were surprised by two bodies jumping out at them from the bushes.
"BOOO!"
The two boys stared as Kibum and Siwon were laughing at their faces.
"YAH! Are you a ing idiot!? How could you play such a prank on me?! Do you realize how worried I was?!" Jonghyun yelled, clearly not amused. He was furious.
"WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED??! ARE YOU AN IDIOT!?" He repeated.
Kibum was taken aback as he looked at Jonghyun. He had never seen him so angry. The veins on his neck were popping as he continued to yell angrily.
Siwon's hand quickly went around Kibum's shoulder, "Yah Jonghyun, it was a joke. Calm down! Can't you see he's about to cry?"
"Is something wrong boys?" Jonghyun's mom called from the kitchen.
"Everything is fine!" Zorro quickly replied before placing a hand on Jonghyun's shoulder to calm him down, "It's fine Jonghyun. Calm down. At least he's alright".
"Can't even take a joke...", Siwon muttered as he went into the house. Zorro also followed, leaving the two boys alone.
"S-sorry", Kibum stuttered, "I didn't mean to frighten you".
Jonghyun sighed, feeling guilty.
He grabbed his mate's head and tilted it upwards, "I'm sorry Bummie. I was worried something happened to you. I was so scared! Please don't do that again! I almost had a heart attack! I'm sorry for yelling".
Kibum nodded and pecked the elder, "Anyways, let's get dinner set", Kibum suggested.

.................................

sorry for the late update!!

But this chapter is pretty long so I hope it is satisfying.
thanks again <3
lol KIBUMMIE WAS JUST KIDDING 
Scared yah :P