CHAPTER 10: SEESAW

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

While everyone was complaining of the heat that July, Minho suggested that the take a road trip to a beach.
Right away, Kibum jumped to his feet, "I'll call my boss and tell him I'm off work!"

Taemin cheered, "I'll invite Naeun!"
Jinki chuckled at everyone's enthusiasm, "I guess so, since everyone is so bored".
So the next morning, the six people packed their bags and loaded Jinki's parents' mini van. The drivers of the group (Jinki, Jonghyun, Minho) decided to take turns along the way for the three hour drive. Jinki began first and Minho sat on the passenger seat while Jonghyun sat behind them with Kibum.
That left the broad back seat to Taemin and Naeun.
Minho and Onew talked, Jonghyun listened to music, and Kibum read his magazine, trying to block out the giggling couple behind him.
When the group stopped for a break, Taemin was asleep on Naeun's lap and the girl was also dozed off. Kibum snickered softly and shook them, "Hey lovebirds, wake up".
They all left the van and stretched, taking in the fresh air before heading inside for food as the boys grimaced at the cheesy couple, who fed one another.
"Ugh! And he complains that we're too cheesy!" Kibum groaned.
Then, Minho and Jinki switched spots as it was Minho's turn to drive.
Jonghyun was asleep when he was full and laid back on the seat. Meanwhile, just as Kibum was beginning to doze off, Jinki's phone wrang, his ring tone being on maximum volume, making the younger boy jump up.
"Hello? Yes, the check-in time is 1pm...oh .... All three rooms?? .... I guess so, it's not like we have any other choice. Ok thanks for the notice. Yes.... Bye".
"Who was it?" Minho asked.
"The hotel we booked. Our check-in time has been extended three hours", Jinki said.
"What?" Kibum demanded, "Are they allowed to even do that??"
"I don't know. They apologized; some emergency came up", Jinki explained as Minho rolled over to the second pit stop.
"Then I guess we can chill here?" Taemin said.
"I suppose", Minho shrugged.
Taemin cheered before leaving the car with Naeun, "We will see you in an hour!"
The boys chuckled and went to eat, leaving Jonghyun snoring.
"I'm gonna try the other side of the food court", Kibum stated, "I'm sick of this main stream stuff".
"I guess it's pizza for us?" Minho suggested.
"I'll go for fried chicken and we can share", Jinki said.
While waiting in line, Minho got a text from his brother.
"Grab something for Jjong".
"He's your boyfriend", Minho replied.
"What's your point? Stop wasting my time", Kibum replied.
 The taller boy could practically see his brother rolling his eyes in an annoyed manner. He decided to save Jonghyun leftovers from the pizza and chicken, if Jinki spared any.
On the other hand, Kibum found a traditional styled stall of food. The store didn't look the best quality but he decided not to judge and ordered a noodle dish with a side of fries.
Finally with his order, he sat on a wooden bench and prepared to dig in when he got a text from Minho, asking where he was.
Soon, the couple joined the boy on the bench.
"Ugh that stuff smells so oily", Kibum whined.
"That stuff looks two days old Kibum", Jinki frowned, "Are you sure you don't want any chicken?"
"No thanks, hyung", Kibum declined, "It tastes alright".
"How can he decline chicken", Jinki wondered before taking a bite.
Meanwhile, Minho cut up the chicken and placed prices onto the pizza, making Kibum grimace.
After they were done eating, there was a quarter of the pizza left along with three chicken drumsticks that were packed for Jonghyun. With 20 minutes left, the three boys returned to the van to wake up Jonghyun.
"Look at this creep. Who the hell sleeps with an opened eye?" Kibum muttered before shaking the boy.
"Yeobo, wake up! We brought food so you better eat before it's your turn to drive", Kibum said.
When that didn't work, the boy slapped the elder's bare bicep.
"Huh?"
"Eat up", Minho said placing the bag on Jonghyun's lap.
But before the boy could take a bite, Kibum shoved him, "Yah get out. It'll smell like food".
The three other boys sat in the car, waiting for Taemin and Naeun.
"Why is Jonghyun oppa eating on the ground", Naeun asked, as they also climbed into the van.
"Because the van would get dirty if he ate inside", Minho answered.
After the eating was done, it was Jonghyun's turn to drive so he moved to the front and Jinki moved to the back with Minho still on the passenger seat.
As the group continued driving to their destination, it would've been unrealistic if Jonghyun and Minho didn't argue.
About ten minutes in, Minho told Jonghyun to make a turn but Jonghyun ignored him.
"Why didn't you turn?" Minho demanded.
"I'm following the map", was Jonghyun's reply.
"But if we turned, we could've skipped the highway", Minho protested.
"Oh well, not like we're in any hurry", Jonghyun shrugged.
"Yeah but we wouldn't be stuck in traffic!"
"I don't see any traffic", Jonghyun retorted.
Before the two could continue their argument, Kibum became cranky and had enough of the boys.
"STOP THE CAR!"
"But we're driving", Jonghyun protested.
"Move to the side, I don't care!!" Kibum yelled angrily, "I have to deal with you guys at home and I'm not going to deal with this with you two in an enclosed space!"
Finally the car stopped to the side and everybody looked confused and curious on Kibum's reasoning. He got out of the car and slammed the door loudly.
He walked to the door in front of him and whipped it open, "Minho. Out".
Minho obeyed and witches seats with the boy and Jonghyun began driving once again.
"Kibummie, you look pale", Jonghyun said, stealing a glance at his boyfriend.
"Watch the road and drive", Kibum said weakly. Kibum being ill was an issue since everyone knew his immune system was the strongest of them all.
"Kibum are you alright?" Naeun asked concerned, "Should we stop for a while?"
Kibum shook his head and motioned to Minho, "Yah, pass me the paper bag in front of your seat".
Kibum threw up into the brown bag and he seemed paler than before.
"Yah, are you sure? We can stop", Jinki said.
The van slowed down to the side and Kibum threw the brown bag out.
"Nope, I'm fine", Kibum protested.
"No you're not", Jonghyun said dryly.
"Drive".
Kibum's mood seemed very angry so nobody said anything to avoid an unnecessary outburst. Kibum didn't seem to throw up again and Jonghyun focussed on driving to avoid a scolding.
However in 30 minutes, the van was stuck in a traffic jam just as Minho had predicted.
"See genius, we're stuck", Minho muttered, irritated.
"Aigoo, I guess Kibum fell asleep", Jinki commented.
Jonghyun turned his attention to his boyfriend who did seem like he was asleep. However, his face was extremely pale and his body seemed sweaty although the window was opened.
He hurriedly pressed his palm on the younger's forehead. However, his forehead wasn't warm.
"Kibum is sweating a lot and breathing heavily", Jonghyun said concerned.
"What?" Minho looked over, "He has a fever?"
"No, he isn't shivering and his body isn't warm", Jonghyun informed.
"Why all of a sudden?" Jinki wondered, "We need to get him to a doctor in case this is serious".
"I know hyung but we're kinda stuck at the moment", Jonghyun said, gritting his teeth.
Jinki and Taemin passed their sweaters to the front to cover the boy as an attempt to help.
The traffic was so slow that the van was barely moving.
"Did he eat something weird", Naeun wondered out loud.
"That sketchy soup thingy!" Minho exclaimed in realization.
"What are you saying? Didn't you guys have pizza and chicken?" Jonghyun asked.
"Kibum wanted to eat something new so he ate from this weird stall", Jinki explained.
Finally, they were out of the traffic 20 minutes later and approaching their destination.
"I'm pretty sure there's a clinic near the hotel", Jinki said as they parked.
"Yah, yah, Kibum. Wake up", Jonghyun shook the boy gently, hitting his cheek. Kibum stirred and slowly lifted his head. He seemed too weak to say anything and his eyes rolled back before they could even focus.
"Aish!" Jonghyun groaned, "Taemin, come help me with Kibum".
After a long struggle, the group burst into the clinic.
...
"You don't need to worry guys", the doctor said after a checkup, "It isn't too serious. Just dehydration and food poisoning. I think he had rotten or expired food today".
Jonghyun had his gaze fixed on the young doctor. He smelled peculiar and he soon realized that the man was a vampire. He and Jonghyun exchanged a brief look before ignoring one another.
"I think he had something weird from a street stall when we stopped on our way here", Minho nodded.
"Ah I see. Well he'll be fine by tomorrow morning", the doctor informed, "I have given him a shot and here's the medicine he needs to drink once a day for the rest of the week just to be safe. Make sure he takes some in an hour or so".
The doctor also informed them that they can go check in the hotel and get settled while Kibum was asleep. Once he awoke, he'd be able to join them.
The boys decided on the rooms they wanted although they were mainly the same and near one another.
They settled their things and freshened up.
After he was done, Jonghyun texted Minho, telling him that he went to check on Kibum.
He roamed around the front of the hotel, admiring the nice view and the garden of colourful plants. This was a great place for a vacation and he was thankful that Kibum would be alright soon.
It would've been a pity if they had to return after driving so far and booking such a nice hotel.
When Jonghyun arrived back to the clinic, Kibum was awake and talking to the doctor.
"Jjong!" He waved, noticing the older boy.
The doctor got up from the bed, "Well, Kibum seems well so he can return with you".
"Thank you Dr. Zian!" Kibum smiled.
"Feel free to come back if you're having trouble!"
"I heard you had street food from a sketchy stall", Jonghyun said.
Kibum laughed, "It wasn't sketchy, but I suppose their food wasn't fresh".
"Aigoo Kibummie! I wasn't with you for an hour and this happens!" Jonghyun sighed.
Kibum rolled his eyes, "If we were together, we would've both gotten food poisoning."
During the week stay, the boys enjoyed their time on the beach and the delicious food from the various food courts and restaurants.

The week progressed well and the group enjoyed their stay at the hotel. And finally, it was time to return and they piled into the van once more and drove back.
Just like the previous time, they stopped at a rest stop to eat and switch drivers. This time, Minho volunteered to drive first and the group lazily piled out.
“Hey Jonghyun, keep an eye out for Kibum. He might get food-poisoned again”, Minho teased, earning a kick.
“Shut up, that was one time”, Kibum rolled his eyes. Nevertheless, Jonghyun tagged along and they decided to play it safe and eat from the food court instead of the street stalls. Then, it was Jinki’s turn to drive, followed by Jonghyun when they returned home.
It was 8pm when they returned, so the boys returned to their respectful homes for a good night’s sleep.
The following school year, Jonghyun and Jinki were going to begin university.
They were planning to go to the same one, which was downtown for easy commuting.
Kibum also grew friendly with Jonghyun's family and learned to call them 'mom' and 'dad'.
As school was beginning, Kibum began to encounter rough behaviours from pack members. At first, it began with shoulder bumps, then comments.
Kibum didn't think too much of the issue and didn't ponder on the occurrences.
However, one day when Kibum was walking to his table with a tray of food, he was tripped and he fell on the floor, face slamming into his spaghetti.
The cafeteria erupted in laughter as Kibum picked himself off the floor, lifting his sauce-stained face from the mess. Before his face heated up from embarrassment, his brother was by his side, pulling him up by his elbow. With his other hand, Minho grabbed the tray and dumped it in the trash before helping Kibum to the washroom.
“Are you alright?”
“Yeah, I must’ve tripped”, Kibum said, waving off the incident.
Unfortunately, such mere acts of bullying didn’t stop there.
After lunch, Kibum had gym, which wasn’t something he looked too forward in. He usually ran near the sides, preventing the ball from coming near him.
During gym, the familiar boy kicked the soccer ball directly into Kibum’s left cheek. Kibum fell down from the impact and he tasted blood. Thankfully, his teeth were fine. It was almost impossible to even see that as an accident. Kibum wasn’t an idiot.
You don’t even kick that high in soccer except if you’re kicking the ball in or out of the net. And Kibum was clearly near the sidelines. The coach got the boy to Kibum to the nurse’s office and excused him from class.
By now, Kibum was sick of the treatment and decided to confront the boy.
“Hey, why are you bothering me for?” he asked bluntly.
The boy turned around, “What are you talking about? I said sorry; do we want me on my knees?”
“I’ve seen you around. You are from the pack, right? What did I do to you?” Kibum stated. He would’ve sent a smart remark but his jaw was sore so he kept the discussion short and simple.
The boy had an angry expression, “Oh I don’t know! Maybe it’s the fact you think you’re so special that you can come into the pack and have your fun without having any duties! Showing up on picnic days and having fun your fun; who do you think you are? How can you be named a delta when you don’t even do anything?”
Kibum was taken aback as he tried to understand the boy’s words, “So that’s why! You’re jealous of me being the pack as a delta!”
The boy bent got extremely close to Kibum’s face and his eyes glowed red in warning.
“Don’t make me laugh; I’m not jealous”, he snarled, “Nobody likes snitches more than they like free-loaders, Kibum”.
“Is that a warning?” Kibum demanded in bewilderment. The boy wasn’t so dangerous looking but Kibum preferred to keep in his laughter just in case.
Without another word, the latter exited .
"How's school?" Jonghyun asked when he came to meet Kibum after school.
"The same", the latter shrugged.
"Hey Jjong?"
"Hmm?"
"You're often busy with duties in the pack... But what do I do? Don't I have responsibilities?" Kibum asked.
Jonghyun looked at his boyfriend, "Why all of a sudden?"
"There must be something I can do to help around right? Like border patrols?" Kibum asked hopefully.
"I don't know. I'll ask my dad about it later", Jonghyun said hesitantly.
The two spent some time together that afternoon at the mall. By now, Jonghyun had gotten used to the shopping trips and didn't complain about them.
....
Meanwhile, Minho and Jinki spent time at a local park where some guys were also playing soccer.
"You got thinner", Minho dead panned; he hadn't seen his boyfriend for the entire week.
Jinki merely smiled, "We have quite the work load. How's school going?"
Minho frowned, Jinki seemed really thin. He'd always been on the skinny side but right now, he looked frail.
"Yah! Stop over thinking!"
The elder's voice made him snap back to reality.
"I missed your voice", Minho sighed, holding Jinki's hand. The elder was quick to blush.
To escape embarrassment, Jinki pulled his hand away easily and ran forward, "Race you to that tree!"
He knew Minho couldn't decline a competition... Even if it was a joke.
Jinki grinned when he saw the glint in his boyfriend's eyes. Minho's long legs were no match for Jinki. However, the boy made a U turn from the tree and chased after Jinki, who abruptly changed his direction as well.
Now paying attention where he was running, Jinki accidentally got too close to the four boys playing soccer.
One boy roughly shoved the elder abruptly, shoving him to the ground. "Watch where you're going !" he growled.
But then, he was shoved in the side by Minho, who slammed his body into his with full force.
"You didn't have to shove him", Minho glared but the boy hit back and the two were arguing.
The boy's friends approached, "What's going on?"
But the two boys were too busy yelling, ready to go at one another's throats.
All of a sudden, Jinki burst in between them, "Stop! Please stop both of you!!"
The boys stopped abruptly, looking at the crying elder.
The boys stared for a few seconds.
"Whatever, I'm gone".
However, Minho grabbed the other's arm, "You didn't apologize".
"So? You hit me too!" The boy argued.
"He didn't hit you and you shoved him!"
"He got in the middle of our game!"
"Minho, it's fine. Let's just leave", Jinki said with teary eyes. He then turned to the boy and bowed, "I'm sorry. It was an accident".
"Uh yeah, I'm sorry for being rough", the boy
replied dumbly.
As Minho and Jinki walked home, Minho asked, "Why'd you apologize to him? He pushed you!"
"Someone had to be the bigger man", Jinki said softly.
Minho chuckled and softly his boyfriend's cheek, "Why'd you start crying like that? Are you alright, bunny?"
Jinki grimaced, "What do you mean Bunny?? You looked ready to go at each other's throats okay? It was frightening!"
Minho couldn't help but embraced Jinki in a tight grip, not able to handle his cuteness.
"Ah! You're adorable!" Minho squealed, "You're a little bunny".
Jinki pouted, "Bunnies don't eat chicken".
Minho burst out laughing and kissed his boyfriend's soft lips.
They went home and found it empty.
"You hungry?" Minho asked.
"Nope".
The two watched TV together, snuggled on the couch.
Jinki's arms seemed practically stuck around Minho. Minho petted his boyfriend's hair affectionately, "Did you miss me hyung?"
Minho was the blunt type while Jinki was shy; he often preferred to avoid answering such questions.
However, today was different.
"A lot. I miss you a lot this whole month", Jinki replied softly, hugging Minho's broad chest.

The next day, Minho got up for his morning jog when he saw Kibum getting ready.
"Kibum, it's Saturday", he stated.
"Thanks Mr. Obvious", Kibum said.
"Why are you up this early? Where are you going", Minho demanded.
"Why is Jinki hyung in your room? Did he sleep over? What did you two do?" Kibum asked slyly.
Minho glared at his brother, "That's none of your business".
"Exactly", Kibum grabbed a toast, "By the way, I left breakfast for hyung".
Minho sighed, "For the record, we didn't do what you and Jonghyun do every time you meet".
"I know that. I could've smelled it across town if you did", Kibum said bluntly, making Minho blush.
The tall boy gave up and left the house after grabbing his protein shake.
Kibum snickered and soon followed suit, walking to Jonghyun's house.
Surprisingly, everyone was awake as they awoke at the break of dawn.
"Oh look who's up and early!" Jonghyun's mother said.
"It's my first day of border patrol Umma", Kibum said, "where's Jjong?"
"He's in the shower. Come in".
Kibum sat on the couch as he waited for the elder.
He began reading a magazine when a pair of hands covered his face.
Kibum gasped in surprise and his finger wrapped around the wrist, "Jjong!"
Jonghyun smiled and removed his hands, giving Kibum a kiss, "Good morning".
"Morning! I am on time right?" Kibum asked.
Jonghyun chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm.
"Let's go", he said. They changed into their wolf forms and Kibum followed Jonghyun to the boarder.
It didn't take long for Kibum to smell the scent of another male as they got approached. And surely, they were met by a black wolf who nodded at their presence.
"Kibum, this is Chansung. He's going to be your partner and show you around", Jonghyun explained.
The white wolf nodded, "Hey! I'm Kibum".
After Jonghyun left, the black wolf said, "Hey Princess, don't you recognize me?"
Kibum's eyes widened as he recognized the voice.
"You! You're from my gym class!" he exclaimed in realization, "the soccer guy!"
Kibum almost spotted a smirk on the other wolf's face.
"So what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep?" He asked.
Kibum glared, "I'm doing my duties. That's what you told me to do".
The latter seemed surprise at Kibum's genuine answer. He decided that maybe Kibum wasn't a spoiled brat…

…………………

Hey people… sorry if the story is getting booorrrinnnggggg
but this is the longest chapter so far!
Please be patient. I’ve been trying to keep up w/ updates but the break is over and I have assignments and exams for the rest of the month so I wont be updating much (Just a heads up)


please b patient
thank you <3
btw…. The chapter is called seesaw (kuz it’s a shinee song :P) because good and bad minor, everyday events take place.
so good, bad, good, bad --> SEESAW XP