CHAPTER 15: MEETING

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

"What do you mean we aren't allowed out of the territory?" Kibum demanded.
"Just what I said Kibum", Jonghyun said, a bit annoyed, "It's dangerous at the moment because those strangers were spotted".
"But that's my only route to the pack area! I can't depend on someone to drive me!" Kibum complained.
"Well you can stay home until things cool down or I can come over", Jonghyun said.
"Don't flatter yourself. I don't come just to meet you", Kibum snorted.
"I don't care Kibum, it's too dangerous and that's final", Jonghyun retorted.
"What if I take the long way around?"
Jonghyun stared at the younger boy, "That crosses the highway! It would take you an hour if you travel by foot!"
"45 minutes", Kibum corrected, "And besides, it's my choice. You're not the one walking".
Jonghyun sighed in defeat, "All right Kibum. Good night".
They pulled up at the driveway that afternoon and Kibum and Jonghyun said goodbye before parting.
Kibum was annoyed. It was summer time and he was already bored enough. And when Jonghyun told him to stay home, it was the last straw; no way was he letting his summer be wasted.
While Minho and Jinki were going to leave for camping that night, Taemin had came to spend the weekend.
The two boys really didn't have much to do and Kibum had just finished complaining about the unlawful restrictions to his freedom that Jonghyun had brought about.

"I mean he's so bossy! He can't tell me what to do!" Kibum exclaimed.
"I'm sure it's for your own safety hyung", Taemin said absently.
"Yea, but it's not like I'm weak; I'm a lot stronger than an average human! I can protect myself. Besides, Zorro helped me practice combat!" Kibum added.

"Mhmm", Taemin said, "Hey hyung I have a date with Naeun in an hour. Can I have some blood?"
Kibum snorted, "Why would you need blood for a date". Nevertheless, he popped two buttons open from his collared shirt and patiently waited for Taemin to have his fill.

About two hours later, Taemin was gone and Kibum had already finished with dinner. He sighed and decided to pay Jonghyun a surprise visit. But being the lazy person he is, he didn’t want to take the long way that covered the pack territory. Instead, he went through the regular shortcut. It was a thick trail that nobody used for years.

He was walking when he heard sounds from the bushes. Standing in a defensive stance, Kibum became completely silent, not uttering a single sound.
“Wh-who’s there?”

Before him, from the bushes, emerged two people who he could tell were different.
There was a pretty, lean girl with long brown hair. She had a curious expression as she observed Kibum. Behind her came an older boy with a cold, expressionless face. He didn’t carry much expression and he seemed ready to attack.

“Who are you?” Kibum asked when he found his voice.

“You’re like us!” the girl exclaimed excitedly, looking at the male behind her.

It didn’t take too long for Kibum to figure what the girl was talking about and it didn’t him long to realize that these were the people Jonghyun warned him about.

However, looking at them now, Jonghyun must’ve been paranoid. The two individuals before him didn’t seem too dangerous and besides, he was excited to meet other hybrids.

"I'm Kibum".
"Hi! I'm Lyn and this is my twin Leo. You are a hybrid like us right?" the pretty girl with long, curly, brown hair said excitedly. She wore leather pants and a leather black vest. She had the 'badass' look going but the way she spoke was totally the opposite; her voice was cheerful and high.
"Uh yeah, how'd you know?" Kibum asked hesitantly, eyeing the pair.
"Well obviously you smell like one!" Lyn giggled.
"I smell vampire. Is someone else here?" a deep voice said.
Leo, the handsome, black haired male had finally spoken. His outfit matched his sister's but he seemed to suit it, unlike Lyn.

He tensed and looked around.

"I'm alone", Kibum assured, "The scent is probably from a friend. He's a vampire. He had some of my blood a few hours ago".

Leo nodded slowly, "We are a bit paranoid. In a new territory of traditional-viewed werewolves; it's dangerous for us".

"Where are you guys from?" Kibum asked.

"We're travellers", Lyn explained, "We stay temporarily and move out."

Kibum nodded, "Then I can introduce you to my pack".

"NO!" Leo exclaimed, "You cannot tell anyone about us! Werewolves hate our species! It's illegal!"

"They'll understand! My mate is a werewolf", Kibum said.

The two individuals looked at Kibum in surprise and Lyn suddenly had an odd, sad expression on her face.

Leo interrupted, "That's impossible. A hybrid can't have a mate with werewolves. They hate our species".

"Not all werewolves are the same", Kibum protested.

"I don't think you know Kibum. But when you learn and activate your powers, others become jealous and they try and steal them. And the only way for that is when someone consumes your heart. They gain the power for themself and become even stronger", Leo explained, "It's for all supernatural beings."

Kibum had never been aware of this information and he was shocked, "Is that possible?"

"Of course", Leo said, "My sister's heart was removed to prevent this exact thing. It happened to my older sister decades ago and  her life span was reduced by half. She passed away at the age of 43."

"I-I'm sorry for your loss", Kibum said although he was in a loss of words.

He stared at Lyn who looked quite sad; he couldn't believe she physically didn't have a heart at the moment.
Goosebumps rose on his skin as he visualized the image.

"I know you believe that your so-called mate would never do such a thing. But there will come a time when he'll be like the rest", Leo said darkly.

Kibum didn't believe that Jonghyun would do such a thing but he felt uncomfortable. Leo seemed extremely sincere and as though he was speaking from experience.

"So how long will you be staying?" Kibum asked, changing the topic.

"A few weeks maybe", Leo said.

"Uhm it was nice meeting you guys", Kibum said.

Leo and Lyn nodded, "We'll see you around".

Kibum turned to return home, not feeling like visiting the pack anymore.

"Kibum?"
Kibum turned to the twins.

"You're not going to tell anyone about us right?"

He smiled and flashed his pinky, "You have my word!"

When Kibum returned home, he could only replay Leo's words in his head as well as the entire encounter.
Jonghyun said the two hybrids were dangerous but Kibum decided they were harmless. Besides, they were travellers so they should be gone later since they're only passing by.

Kibum slept early before Taemin got home from his date since he had work the next morning.
It was Monday and Kibum was at least glad to at least have work to get his mind off of boredom.

Kibum's mind didn't forget Leo and Lyn. He felt an attraction towards the pair. Maybe it was because he was really bored or because he was intrigued with them and their story.
They certainly knew more than him about hybrids and there was only so much Jonghyun knew since the topic was a taboo for werewolves. If only there was a way to meet them again.
Kibum was pondering away before his phone buzzed, issuing a message from his brother.

'I'm staying at Jinki's tonight.'

"Of course you are, it's your anniversary", Kibum muttered, rolling his eyes before shutting off the lights and heading to his room for the night.

.................…….............................
Song: Onew - Moonlight
.....................................................

Minho entered his boyfriend's apartment with his spare keys. Although Jinki said he'd wait for him, Minho doubted that the elder would be awake at this hour.
It was 3am. Minho had went to a friend's birthday party and lost track of time, forgetting his promise to Jinki to watch a movie together.
He silently entered the apartment and found a figure on the couch. When he silently got closer, Jinki was lying in the couch in a half-sitting manners with his face turned to the left. The elder's plump lips were slightly parted as his chest moved up and and down as he breathed.
Minho frowned when he noticed the opened window; it was quite chilly and Jinki was just wearing a pair of sweats and a thin white tank top.

"Hyung", he whispered, gently shaking the boy's shoulder.

"Mmm", Jinki stirred as his eyes lazily opened.

"Hyung, let's go inside, it's cold", Minho said.

"Kay", Jinki said, still half-asleep.
Minho helped him to the room and went to change before joining his boyfriend in a deep sleep.
The next morning, being an early-riser, Minho awoke around 9am.
Surprisingly, he heard plates from the kitchen. It was odd for Jinki to ever wake up before him so he went out to see what was up.

"Hey hyung, what are you--", Minho stopped.
Jinki's back was towards him but he could see the set table with many delicacies on the table.
He must've missed it the previous night since it was dark.

"What's all this for?" Minho asked, looking at the food hungrily.
But Jinki was putting it away.

"Oh this? You can't eat that", Jinki said, "It was out all night so it's old now so you might get sick. I'm just cleaning up so I can get started with toast or whatever".

Minho was confused and he missed the wavering tone in Jinki's voice.

"Did you make all this, hyung? Why?" Minho asked.
"Oh -- I, uh-", Jinki began to stutter, "I w-was bored. Nothing special".

Minho gave his boyfriend a weird look; something was definitely off.
He nodded and left to go to the washroom.
Minho didn't realize it but he'd totally forgotten about their second anniversary.
Jinki had worked hard to make a delicious meal for them and he waited for so long that night to surprise Minho with the lovely dinner. But unfortunately, Minho seemed to have totally forgotten.
... Until ten minutes later when Jinki was busy frying eggs for breakfast.
Minho was in the shower when he realized that the previous day was their anniversary, May 24th.
Feeling absolutely terrible, he hurried to get dressed and went to find his beloved boyfriend.

"Hyung!"

Jinki jumped forward from shock; "Ahh!"
Out of surprise, the elder's palm moved in front of his body automatically to break his fall.
.... Straight into the heated frying pan
"AHHHH!"

"Oh my God!" Minho yelled, "! I'm so sorry!"
Minho grabbed Jinki's wrist and the cold water but the hand was becoming swollen and red already.

Jinki hissed from the pain.
"Hyung, we have to go the hos--"

Jinki suddenly, tugged his hand from Minho's grip, "Minho, I think you've done enough".

Minho stared in surprise as Jinki disappeared into his room. A few minutes late, he came out dressed, carefully holding his hand in front of him.
"Where are you going?"
"To the hospital. I'll be fine", Jinki said, "Don't follow me".

Minho just stood shocked. Jinki had NEVER become angry with him.

Ever.

Not when he was a total on their first date.

Not when he forgot about their date one time and left the elder out in the cold, waiting for almost three hours.

Not when Jinki got a fever the next day.
...
The point was Jinki never got mad.
Ever

'Dammit Choi Minho', he thought, 'You've done it this time'.

He decided to give the elder some space so he went to gather his things.
He usually brought a backpack with him every time he went over to Jinki's apartment which contained basic things like a spare toothbrush and extra pair of pyjamas.
He gathered the bag and drove home.

Meanwhile, Jinki took a cab to the hospital and got his right hand bandaged carefully.
He wasn't exactly angry at his boyfriend but more was upset and irritated.
He'd worked very hard on the meal for their anniversary and he even recorded a song in his friend's studio for their anniversary as a surprise.
He drew the cover for the CD and neatly wrote "for Choi Minho. Love Lee Jinki."

That's when it hit Jinki; he left the CD in Minho's backpack.
He groaned in embarrassment. He was supposed to be mad at Minho but it would be humiliating if Minho saw the CD.
Jinki was beginning to get second thoughts on the song and he didn't want Minho to listen to it.
Even if the younger said he loved Jinki's voice.

He didn't even know why he was so upset. It wasn't such a big deal and it was an honest accident. It's not like Minho had been secretly cheating to avoid their anniversary. And he knew that Minho was probably very apologetic right now.
But for some reason, instead of being in pain when the younger accidentally pushed him against the stove, Jinki felt like the last of his buttons had been pressed.
He groaned; it must be hormones. That's it. That could be the only logical reason why he'd acted so impatiently and irrationally towards Minho.

But tired from the painkiller, Jinki just wanted to go home and rest. He called his work place and got the next two days off.
Now, he got home and fell into bed, trying to get his mind off the painful ache in his heart.

...........................


Drawn by the strangers, Kibum went into the forest to look around for them. He retraced his previous steps and tried to use his sense of smell to seek them out.
After twenty minutes, the white wolf slumped on the forest floor. He'd given up and he was now far from the area he was used to.

"Oh, it's you".

He abruptly got to his feet and turned around to see a large silver wolf looking down at him.
Kibum got in a defensive stance as this wolf wasn't from Jonghyun's pack.
"Kibum, wasn't it?"

How did he know his name?

"Leo!"
"That's my name".

"Oh! I was looking for you guys! I wanted to see you again!" Kibum said excitedly.
Leo nodded and lead Kibum through the deep forest to a hidden den.

"Come inside, it's safer".

"So where is Lyn?" Kibum asked.

"Out hunting".

"I couldnt stop thinking about you two. It's so fascinating that there are more of my species!" Kibum sighed, "And you seem to know more about hybrids than anyone else".

"Yes I suppose that's true", Leo hummed.

The two boys talked and Kibum saw past Leo's cold, silent character and a friendship flourished... Even if Leo was often on the more morbid and negative side of things.

They bid farewell and Kibum returned home.
However, he was met by a worried Jonghyun.
"Kibum! Where were you? Minho and Taemin had no idea where you were!"

"Uh I had an errand. What are you doing here?" Kibum asked.

"I just stopped by to see you", Jonghyun answered, "But what errand takes you two hours?"

'It had been two hours since I was gone? Wow. Time flies', Kibum thought.

"I went to see a friend", Kibum said.

"I though it was an errand. What friend?" Jonghyun demanded.

"Must I tell you everything?" Kibum responded in an irritated tone.

"Kibum, if you're still mad about not being around the territory..."

"Why would I be mad about that? I'm just saying that I don't want to report my life story when there's other things we can be doing", Kibum said seductively.

......

............................................................................................................................................................

yes, I'm sorry for such a late update ><

Well, I managed to finish this chapter thankfully but it may not b the best since i was hit by writer's block :P and my brain was just like:

well feel free to leave any suggestions and ideas. Well things are beginning to happen. .. (Finally)

OMO new characters! presenting the beloved ...

leo: 

aaand lyn:

and btw congrats to SHINee for their tokyo dome concert! Im trying to avoid tumblr at the moment so that i dont get depressed for not being there... sigh #internationalfanproblems

i mean seriously! what does this guy think hes doing??!!