CHAPTER 14: ONE FOR ME

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

Jonghyun was watching Kibum silently as the boy twisted and turned from time to time. He leaned back on the chair to check the time: 12:34pm. Realizing how late it was, he got up to grab a quick bite. Remembering the snacks he packed in his suitcase before coming, he grabbed a bag of seafood crackers.
Although he was getting impatient, he continued to silently wait for Kibum to awake on his own. Given the extra time, he called for room service, ordering two plates of food.
While the elder left to open the door for the waiter, Kibum began calling out in his sleep:

“N-no, you won’t. A-ah! Ah! I d-didn’t do anything! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

Jonghyun gently shook his boyfriend from his nightmare, “Kibummie, it’s me. Wake up.”
Kibum awoke at a start, in shock as he took in the scene before him.

"Jonghyun hyung".
"Hey Kibum, how're you feeling?"
Jonghyun set the trays on the side table and sat next to the younger man.
"I - uh - what happened?" Kibum asked, confused.
"You went around the snow hill, looking for a missing necklace".
Kibum's eyes widened in realization and he became speechless for a whole minute.
"I-I'm sorry", he whispered, looking down, feeling terrible.
"You better be", Jonghyun said harshly, "What we're you thinking? Going out in a storm to look for a little necklace?!"
Kibum met his boyfriend's eyes, "B-but I lost the necklace you gave me. It fell somewhere and I was looking for it".
Jonghyun's eyes softened, "Do you realize
How dangerous that was Kibum? You think I'd feel better if you found the necklace and got hypothermia?"
"I-I just", Kibum stammered, "You said it was ... The key to your heart".
Jonghyun felt like he was going to explode from Kibum's cuteness.
He captured  the younger's lips in a deep yet sweet kiss.
"Oh Bummie, I loved you before I bought the necklace and I'm not going to stop if you lose it. Besides, you're not getting rid of me that easy", Jonghyun said sweetly, placing a kiss on the younger's forehead.
Kibum blushed brightly, "I just felt bad for losing it. I'm sorry for making you worry. I love you yeobo".
Jonghyun released Kibum to grab the trays of food, "Okay now let's eat. You need to get better".
The boys finished their dinner and curled up in each other's arms in a deep sleep.

The next morning, the two were awaken by knocking on their hotel room.
Kibum yawned, "I'm guessing that's Kai and Taemin".
Jonghyun grunted and removed his arm to let Kibum up to open the door.
But when he did, Kibum was greeted by someone he really didn't expect.
"Minho? Jinki hyung? What are you doing here?" he exclaimed, now wide awake.
Minho's eyes were serious and wide while Jinki gave him a tiny smile.
Behind them were Taemin and Kai, Taemin with a guilty expression.
"Kibum! Thank goodness you're alright!" Minho exclaimed, embracing his brother tightly.
Over the tall boy's shoulder, he looked at everyone in confusion, "Uh you too Minho. Why wouldn't I be?"
By now, Jonghyun was wide awake as well, confused.
"Um you see, I called last night and spoke with Taemin", Jinki explained, "And he told me about the whole incident yesterday".

"How could you do something so careless?!" Minho scolded, "It's a miracle you're alright!"
"Yeah, I'm sorry", Kibum said, "But you two didn't have to come here. We would've been home tonight anyways".
"That's what I said hyung", Taemin interjected.
"I think I've had too many surprises", Jonghyun groaned as he made his way to the bathroom.
They went out for breakfast, piled up in the car and returned home.
......….......................
One week ago

"Hey hyung, why don't we go on a vacation?" Minho said suddenly.
Jinki looked down at the boy whose head rested on his lap.
Jinki set down his book and gave his boyfriend a confused look, "A vacation huh? Why and where?"
"I'm bored and we have a break. Let's go somewhere warm and spend time together", Minho suggested.
"I guess that's not such a bad idea", Jinki replied thoughtfully.
And that is how the couple was on a cruise nine days later.
One their first day, they enjoyed the lovely scenery and weather, not to mention the delicious seafood and lavish rooms.
They had a large king sized bed to themselves on which they'd snuggle in every night, sharing kisses and hugs.
Their vacation was like a dream; walking on the beach hand in hand.
The couple first went for Thai food at a nice restaurant for dinner.
Minho pulled out the chair for Jinki who smiled and thanked him shyly.
..........

In the beginning, Jinki and Minho had gotten off to a bad start as they were both set up on a blind date due to Kibum.
Minho hated dates and all his previous dates didn't leave him with a good impression.
"How can you get to know a random person in two hours?" he'd demand.
The reason being was due to his second girlfriend who basically just liked him for his looks and they didn't agree on anything.
Other than a pretty face, she had nothing; no good personality, no shared interests, and definitely no manners towards others.

When Kibum suggested another blind date, he was annoyed. And his mood didnt get better when he learned that the date was with a guy. He had nothing against gay people but he was pretty sure he wasn't attracted to guys. And that's what he told Kibum.
"See, if you're gonna be this narrow-minded, then you can't expect to find the one!" Kibum nagged as he shoved clothes into Minho's arm to change into.
"I don't need to find anyone Kibum", Minho groaned, "It's not like I'm dying of loneliness! Why can't I be single?"
Kibum shook his head firmly, "C'mon buddy, you can't let those good genes go to waste".
Minho fussed and groaned as he changed.

He was putting on his shirt when Kibum burst in.
"Yah!" he protested.
"Hurry up! He's here!" Kibum exclaimed, "And be nice".
Minho rolled his eyes before dressing and going downstairs. This was really annoying; he had a biology test to study for... Although it really wouldn't make much of a difference if he even studied.

A young boy got up when he spotted Minho and bowed politely, "Hello, n-nice to meet you. I'm Lee Jinki".
Minho looked at the boy up and down. He was quite attractive and had a blinding smile. He had a simple white dress shirt on along with a pair of plain black pants, which seemed a bit odd for a date. His light brown hair was perfectly styled... Absolutely a pretty boy; just like the others he'd dating -- totally fake.
He sighed; I need to get this over will.
"Minho", he replied coldly.
Jinki's kept his smile, "Let's go!"
When they arrive to the restaurant, Minho walked ahead to the counter, not bothering to wait for Jinki who tried to keep up.
When the time came to order, Minho ordered a steak while Jinki chose tofu stew which Minho found quite unusual.
"Um, I'm sorry if this is boring", Jinki suddenly said, "I didn't mean for your afternoon to go like this. It's just that my close friend decided that I've been single for too long".
Minho looked at the other across from him before he finally spoke, "Yeah, my brother brought this upon me as well".
"Ah, so we're in the same boat", Jinki smiled, "Do you two love alone?"
"Yeah, our mom is rarely home since she's a lawyer", Minho replied, "How about you!"
"Oh I live in an apartment with my younger cousin, he's five years younger than me."
Minho raised a brow, "How old are you?"
"Ah, I'm 18".
"Really? You're older than me?" Minho exclaimed in surprise, "I'm 17 in a few months!"
"Really? I though you were older as well!" Jinki said.
When the food arrived, they ate while continuing to talk.
"If you don't mind me asking, why do you live alone?" Minho asked.
Jinki paused, "Well, um, my parents didn't agree with my preferences so I didn't really have much of a choice. I was 16 and it wasn't a huge problem since I already had money saved. I just work part time nowadays".
Minho was surprised that Jinki just gave him that information, "Oh, at 16? I'm - Uh sorry for that".
Jinki chuckled, "It's not your fault. Besides, it made me a stronger person I guess".
Soon, the two were finished eating and they decided on Raspberry Cheesecake for dessert. Minho later excused himself to go to the rest room before dessert came.
As he thought to himself, he realized that this date was actually going well compared to a few others.

After about 7 minutes, Minho exited the restroom and walked back to his and Jinki's table when he saw something that surprised him. Right before him, a familiar girl dumped a glass of water on Jinki, who jerked up a bit from the cold water dripping from his hair down his shirt and back.
Seeing Jinki frozen on his seat, he walked up to the table, grabbing the woman's hand and turning her around.
To his surprise, it was Yuri, a girl he previously dated.
"What the hell are you doing?" he demanded.
"Oppa! Why are you here with him?" she demanded.
"Why do you care; I broke up with you months ago!"
"But oppa, I'm still love you", she exclaimed.
"Get out of here; I don't want a scene", Minho said in a cold angry voice. Intimidated, the girl shot Jinki a look before stomping off.
"Are you alright Jinki?" Minho asked.
The latter's hair covered his eyes and he didn't look up.
"I guess her drink accidentally slipped".
Minho saw Jinki's lips quiver slightly.
"I'm really sorry --", Minho began but Jinki interrupted him.
"It's fine. I'm sorry for tonight. I guess dates don't really suit me", he whispered before his shaky, pale fingers pulled out a few bills, "I - I think this sh-should cover the d-dinner".
He got up and rushed out the restaurant.
Feeling terrible, Minho wasn't the type to let someone leave with a bad impression on him so he had no chance but to follow the other man. He chased after him and grabbed the other's wrist.
Jinki looked at him with teary eyes, "M-Minho-shi. I-I already apologized for-- Why are you here?"
Minho looked down at the elder, "Why are you apologizing?"
"I didn't mean to waste your time", Jinki said, "I mean, you're not even interesting in guys".
Jinki pulled away his wrist before bowing, "But it was nice to meet you. Goodbye".
Minho didn't really know what to do or say but then, he noticed, Jinki's wet see-through shirt.
"Are you sure? I can drive you home", Minho said softly.
"Ah, it's fine. Nice to meet you".
Minho took off his sweater to offer it to the wet boy but Jinki was long gone.

Back home, Minho went straight up to his room to escape his brother but it was no use because Kibum was eagerly waiting Minho's return, "How'd it go? Huh? Huh? "
"I'm tired Kibum".
"No tell me! I'm gonna hear about it from Jjong anyways!" Kibum persisted.
"Then you can hear from him".
"Minho!" Kibum whined as Minho shut his door, exhausted.
He collapsed on his bed and the scene kept replaying in his mind. He wasn't exactly attracted to the guy but for some reason, he couldn't get his mind off of Jinki.

The next day, at lunch, Minho sat waiting for Kibum and Jonghyun.
He had just returned from a biology test that he was pretty sure he failed.
"Hey Minho!"
Minho looked up as Kibum and Jonghyun joined him at the table.
"So what happened last night Jjong?" Kibum asked glaring at Minho.
"Well Jinki hyung said it was alright; nothing much. They are, talked, and parted", Jonghyun shrugged.
Minho looked up abruptly; he was expected a thorough description of the terrible night.
"Really? Then did they exchange numbers?" Kibum asked excitedly.
"Hyung said that Minho was a nice person but they both didn't feel anything between each other", Jonghyun pouted, "But I only talked to him over the phone".

"Holy crap, that dude really must not what a date is", Minho muttered.
"Well yeah, it was hyung's first date", Jonghyun replied.

Suddenly, Minho really lost his appetite, feeling terribly guilty.
"Hyung, does this guy go to our school? Where is he right now?" Minho demanded, getting up.
"That's quite abrupt Minho-yah, I can give you his number instead", Jonghyun suggested.
No, Minho wasn't going to be a jerk and apologize cowardly through a phone.
"Where can I find him?" Minho persisted.
"It's lunch, I think he has a shift at the local burger place across the street", Jonghyun answered.
"Thanks hyung", Minho said, leaving the two behind.

"Your brother's an odd one", Jonghyun said.
"I know", Kibum said shaking his head.

"Hello, how can I help..." Jinki froze when he came face to face with Minho. His head dropped down, "C-can I take your order?"
Minho was quick and he caught a glimpse of something dark on the boy's face.
"Jinki, we need to talk".
The girl working beside Jinki patted the boy's back, "Go on Jinki, you're too exhausted today anyways".

Jinki was dismissed and Minho sat, silently waiting for the boy to change and join him on the table.
And when he finally did, Minho got a clear view of the boy's bruised cheek.
He unconsciously lifted his fingers to the elder's chin, making him flinch.
"How did this happen?" he asked, "It wasn't there last night".
"I ran into a few guys last night. The streets aren't the safest at night".
Minho felt terribly guilty once more, a twisted feeling in his gut rose.
He felt like the worst scum on Earth, ruining this guy's first date, getting water poured on him, then leaving him to get beat up by some goons.
And the worst part was that Jinki didn't even blame him once. And apologizing wouldn't get him anywhere since Jinki forgave him each time.
"Um can I make up for last night's mess?" Minho finally said, "Can we go on a different date?"
"I-I don't think that's a good idea. You made it clear that you weren't very interested in dating, not to mention a guy", Jinki said.
"Please Jinki shi?" Minho persisted.
"I don't want a pity date Minho. I'd prefer to be alone than go on a date with no feelings. I'm sorry", Jinki bowed before leaving the store.
After the situation, Minho felt as though he couldn't get his mind off of Jinki and his selfless character. Not to mention, he was absolutely adorable and such a hardworking person.
"Jonghyun hyung, how's Jinki hyung doing?" he asked one day.
Jonghyun gave him a peculiar look, "Fine. Why?"
"Just asking".
"Jesus Minho! If you like him, just ask him for his number!" Kibum exclaimed.

And after two months of persistence, Jinki accepted Minho and the two fell in love.
.....................
On their vacation, Minho made sure everything was perfect and how he would've wanted their first date to go.
"Minho, why are you staring?" Jinki asked, breaking Minho from his thoughts.
"Because I love you", Minho replied smiling dreamily.
Jinki chuckled, "I do too but you're creeping me out".
"Anyways, what do you want for dessert baby?" Minho asked.

"Raspberry Cheesecake", Jinki replied, making Minho look up at him in surprise.

'Yup,' he verified to himself, 'I'm totally in love with him'.

 

.................................................................................................................................

Yup, so corny Onho :P and guilty minho :P

This was difficult to write tbh 
Sorry for slow update, nevertheless, enjoy :)