CHAPTER 20: START

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

"Kibum confessed".

Minho and Taemin were eating their lunch the following afternoon when Jonghyun came up to them with tired, puffy eyes. He practically looked dead.
Taemin choked on his drink, "Confessed to what?"
Jonghyun said nothing as expressions of realization hit Minho and Taemin.
"You're lying! H-he was supposed to come back home today", Minho said.

"You guys said he was innocent so why the hell would he confess when he was going to be pardoned?" Jonghyun demanded.

"Why does that matter?" Taemin spat, "You never believed us".
Jonghyun looked at the two and turned around to leave, "By the way, you're still allowed to see him after school".

Minho pulled out his phone in a hurry and called Zorro.
"I was just going to call you", Zorro said, his voice sounding frustrated.
"Why the hell did the idiot confess? He didn't do anything!" Minho exclaimed.

"He wouldn't talk. Even I was shocked because he asked for Jonghyun's father.
How would I know he'd suddenly confess?"

"I'm coming after school", Minho said before hanging up.

"Hyung, why did he confess?" Taemin asked.

"That's what I'm going to find out", Minho replied, not feeling hungry anymore.
....
Minho was lead to the familiar area where Kibum was.
Thankfully, he remained in human form during the day.
"Why the hell did you confess?" Minho demanded, "Am I missing something?"
Kibum didn't meet his brother's eyes.

"Kibum look at me!" Minho ordered loudly; he was extremely frustrated and confused about the entire issue.

Kibum's eyes flickered to Zorro who excused himself to give the two brothers privacy.
Only then did Kibum tell Minho about the image of his mom and what she told him.

 

"Kibum, you can't be serious! This is dumb! You can't just give up like this", Minho begged, "You're the only family I have".
It almost brought Kibum to tears when he witnessed his brother so broken like this. But he decided to it up and show no signs of wavering.
"I'm sorry Minho; you don't deserve this. But you'll be fine. Mother can return and live with you. And you have Jinki hyung", Kibum said softly.
"I don't want her; I want you! She's the reason for this!" Minho yelled out in frustration and anger at his brother's stubbornness.
"Yeah she is the reason for all this!" Kibum snapped, "She gave birth to me!"

"Kibum, you know that's not what I meant at all", Minho said lowly.

"I know but it's the truth, isn't it? I've come to realize the discrimination I'd face alone for being a hybrid. I'm sorry for being weak Minho but there's no point in fighting when I'll lose the battle in the end", Kibum sighed, turning away.
Minho stood for a few seconds.
"Remember Kibum. I love you".
And without turning back, Minho walked away.
Honestly, the last time Kibum heard Minho say that to him was when he comforted him after his father passed away. Minho wasn't the type of person to say such things to anyone (except Jinki of course).
As Minho walked away, tears finally flowed down Kibum's cheeks.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and his body tensed. Rapidly turning around, Kibum relaxed when he saw it was only Zorro.
"Kibum, you can't do this. Look at your brother".
"He'll live", Kibum said, turning around, "I don't need your pity".
Zorro sighed, "You can't be playing tough guy at this state". Despite the protest, he sat down next to the boy and threw an arm loosely on his shoulder.
Although they didn't speak, it was a silent message of comfort.

...
"This should definitely result to a death penalty! He's humiliated all of us by acting innocent and admitting when we fell for the act!" an elder exclaimed in fury.
"I don't care", Jonghyun's father stubbornly stated, "We don't follow the death penalty and that's no exception".
"Well since he's a hybrid, this case is unique. Why don't we test just how strong Kibum is?" Siwon spoke.
Jonghyun turned to look at his brother in confusion.
"What do you mean?" his father asked.
"How about a duel to the death? Me and Kibum".
"That's too risky! He's already defeated you once", the elder said.
"Exactly, I want my pride back. And since we are the two who are involved in the incident, it's only fair that we battle it out like men", Siwon said, "I have confidence".

Jonghyun was silent as he hoped for the elders to disagree on the proposal.
However, they spoke silently before agreeing.
"I suppose since Siwon will be taking responsibility over the pack in a few moons (months), this can be a test of strength", an elder concluded, "However, since we do not know the extent of the hybrid's powers, we will have deltas on standby in case of emergency".
"Very well", Siwon said before turning to his father, "So this is approved right?"
His father nodded, "You have one week's time".
"Great, I'll be training then", Siwon said enthusiastically as he excused himself.

Although Jonghyun was weary on Kibum's ability to fight, he was sure that Kibum's power would be released on impulse for the sake of self-defence.
He later sent Zorro a text about the meeting.
.....
On the night before the fight, Zorro entered Jonghyun's room.

"Can't you just see him?" Zorro begged.
Jonghyun didn't answer.
"At least tell him to make an effort?" Zorro suggested.
"What's the point? He'll be fine anyways."

Zorro angrily grabbed Jonghyun's collar before shoving him onto the wall.

He looked at the other in the eye, "Do you know what Kibum said? Do you?! He said that he wished Siwon finished the job! You know why??! Because that way, at least his bloody mate would be on his side!"
Jonghyun ignored the aching feeling in his heart and turned away.

"Kibum, please don't give up", Minho said to his brother who stared right through him.

"If only his will was as strong as his stubbornness", Zorro appeared after returning from a hunt.
"Kibum looks terribly thin. He seems pale too", Jinki said.
"He's always pale", Zorro rolled his eyes, "It's probably the stress. He's actually been eating all three meals".
Taemin smiled, "We're watching!"
Kibum gave him a forced smile.

"Kibum, time to go", Zorro said.
Suddenly, Kibum hugged Taemin tightly. Although Taemin was surprised, he returned the gesture.

The same follow through with Jinki and Minho.

"I love you. And I'm sorry", Kibum whispered.

Before Minho could question his brother, Kibum changed to his wild form and followed Zorro out.

"Come on, let's go where it's taking place", Jinki said.

Other people glared at the three boys enter and began whispering.
It was obvious the the two humans and vampire hybrids weren't exactly comfortable standing among numerous werewolves who weren't too fond of them.

Below them, was a pit and the audience stood above, watching from wooden horizontal rods that acted as railings.

Minho had a terrible feeling in his stomach.
Jinki looked pale and sick while Taemin felt like throwing up.
The area was identical to that of an arena for games.
It was sickening that this was seen as a game to many of the people.

There was a loud band and a ________ wolf entered. It was large with claws bared. Everyone cheered; it was Siwon.
A clang was heard and a white, slightly smaller wolf entered.
The size difference was present but not significant; the significant difference was their body mass.
Siwon was large and built.
In contrast, Kibum was a lot thinner.

Nervously, everyone silently watched, waiting for someone to make a move.
Beside Taemin, Zorro also arrived to watch.

Kibum growled lowly and Siwon didn't hesitate to attack him, pinning him to the ground.
..............…………..............
Today was the day Kim Jonghyun had been dreading the whole week. It had been exactly 12 days since he saw Kibum.
He stood on the side, with clear view of the pit.
Siwon entered when the gate closed shut.
Jonghyun took a deep breath and his heart began beating ten times faster when the second gate clanged.

He held his breath as a familiar thin, white wolf entered the pit.
His heart began to ache painfully as he saw Kibum.
This wasn't his mate; the white wolf was terribly thin compared to his (previous) beloved (ex) mate.
How did Kibum become like this in the first place?
Didn't Zorro inform him that Kibum had been eating well?
Damn right he was! He barely had any muscle to his body.
Was Zorro blind or something?
By the Kibum entered, slow steps with his dead down low, he seemed to have already given up.

But that's ridiculous; this is Kibum we're talking about.
Kibum was a stubborn ox; he wouldn't go down without a fight.

Siwon attacked Kibum and Jonghyun grit his teeth, fighting the ridiculous urge to hop down there and cradle his beloved mate in his arms.
Until this moment, Jonghyun didn't realize how much he missed the cheerful male.
..........................................

Kibum didn't put up much of a fight as he was tossed around like a rag doll.
Within ten minutes into the fight, Kibum had a large gash on his hind leg and multiple minor scratches.
Siwon only carried minor scratches as results from attempted defends from Kibum's side...

However, every time he was thrown down, he got up, not showing defeat. Thus, making Siwon attack him again.

"Hyung, when is he gonna use his power thing?" Taemin asked nervously.
"When he needs it most", Zorro confidently replied.
 

However, a howl of pain was heard follow by a loud crack. Everyone was silent.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Firstly, let me apolagize for not updating for so long! It's the end of the year and soo much is due at the same time.

FORGIVE MEEEEEH

I KNO IMMA HORRIBLE PERSOON!!!

anywayz, yea... so kibum confessed....

idk lol :P

okay so the next chapter will end this fanfic aand i may have a prologue of only Jonghyun's pov... idk

so yeaaa, please look forward ^_^ 

thank u soo much 4 being patient with a person like me >< 

leave lotsa comments saranghae <3

 

.....

I LOOVEE UU GGUYYSS

..any yeah, that chapter wasnt wat u were expecting but thats ur own fault if u were surprised. after all these chapters, y'all shud kno imma troll