CHAPTER 16: CHAOS

Don't Look At Me Like That (쳐다보지마)

Ever since Jinki's hand was burnt, he and Minho avoided each other like a plague.
The two were simply too awkward about confronting one another and Taemin began to notice.

"Hyung, why are you still at home?" he asked one afternoon.

"Because I got off work?" Jinki said confused.

"You're either working or watching TV. It's like you aged 20 years; get up", Taemin whined, pulling his cousin's arm.

"Yah, Lee Taemin, I'm injured!" the elder hissed.

"Your feet are fine though, why don't you come over to Kibum hyung's house? It's been a while since you and Minho met right?"

"Uhm no thanks. That isn't a good idea", Jinki  pulled away.

That was weird; Jinki had never declined so obviously on meeting Minho.
The younger stared at his cousin's expression before exclaiming, "Yah! Don't tell me you two got in a fight!"

Jinki groaned as he massages his forehead with two fingers, "Let it be Taemin. We're both stressed with work so we're just taking time off. There's no serious argument".

Taemin respected Jinki's wish and believed him since the elder didn't seem severely depressed or heart broken as he'd usually be after a couple fight.

"Fine but you're not spending another weekend watching The Big Bang Theory. I'll call that mutt over for you then", Taemin decided, grabbing Jinki's phone from the counter.
"Who? Jonghyun...?" Jinki asked in confusion.

"No the other one. The foreigner", Taemin said, "Zambo or something".

"You mean Zorro. Taemin-ah, he's not a foreigner".

"Whatever", the younger waved off as he texted away.
The phone rang, signalling a text in less than two minutes.
Taemin looked at the screen and had a look of satisfaction before he tossed the phone back to its owner and left the apartment.

"Have fun, see you later hyung!"

Jinki looked at the phone to see what his reckless cousin texted.
'Hey Zambo! I miss you! Come over for a bit'.
And almost immediately, Zorro had replied: '...Anything for you Jinx! I'll be right over!'

Jinki cleaned up the living room and washed up before knocking was heard.
He went and opened the door to be engulfed by a hug, "I though you forgot about me!"

"Sorry, things have been bumpy and I heard about your pack security problems from Jonghyun", Jinki explained.
"It's fine buddy, I don't really have much to do either", Zorro replied.
"So any ideas hyung?" Jinki asked.
"Prepared as always Jinx!" Zorro winked grabbing Jinki's wrist and dragging him out the door.
...........................

Meanwhile, Taemin went over to Kibum's house where he found him and Jonghyun in a make out session.
Now immune to their PDA, they younger boy flopped on the couch beside the couch, turning on the news to catch their attention. And sure enough, the couple separated.

"Jjong get off. Me and Taemin are going shopping for school", Kibum said, getting off the couch.

"Really? There's a month before school starts", Jonghyun raised a brow.

"Okay you caught me. We're going on a date", Kibum announced before hurrying out the house.

"So hyung, what did you wanna talk about?" Taemin asked.

"Let's get to the mall first".

"What! I thought that was an excuse!" Taemin said, "Are we actually going?"

"Of course we are; I didn't lie to my boyfriend", Kibum stubbornly said.

Taemin groaned but agreed to go to the mall.
As they walked, Kibum finally told Taemin about Leo and Lyn.

"Are you out of your mind??!" Taemin yelled when Kibum said that he met with the two hybrids.

"Shut up!" Kibum exclaimed, dragging the younger to the loud food court. They found an empty table and sat down and Taemin's eyes were still wide.

"Hyung! Do you realize how dangerous that was? You didn't know if they were dangerous or anything!" Taemin scolded.

"Yeah but I know they're not dangerous! They were really friendly", Kibum retorted.

"Oh really? Then why did they fatally injure the two from the pack?" Taemin demanded.

"Maybe because they blindly attacked first, assuming that they were dangerous because they were merely hybrids!"

Taemin groaned, "I understand how you feel hyung but there's a reason why hybrids aren't trusted."

"Oh really? That's funny because I'm pretty sure they became illegal because of their powers", Kibum snapped.

"Who- who told you about powers?" Taemin asked nervously.

"See! You guys knew about this but didn't bother to tell me! What do you think I'll do? Destroy the world?!" Kibum asked, clearly upset.

"They're dangerous and they're the main reason why hybrids were made illegal", Taemin said in a guilty voice, "There was too much -- killing".

Kibum snorted.
"Yeah killing of hybrids to harvest their power right? That's like genocide! And then they were the ones that were made illegal", Kibum said in a bitter voice.

"I know it's prejudice and I understand why you think it's not fair but you need to understand the system. Human laws don't apply here. It's the survival of the fittest and the stronger and larger population makes the rules and that is always how it has been. And currently, even though I don't entirely agree with their views, werewolves are in power with a majority of laws", Taemin said, now calmly, "And they have armies of vampires and werewolves to carry out their wishes".

Kibum was speechless and everything came together and made sense.
He now understood why his mother told him to coldly give up on himself.
He understood why Leo and Lyn were so sad and bitter. Hybrids just weren't meant to be.
There just wasn't any point in anything anymore.

"Well thanks for spending time with me Taemin", Kibum said as he stood up, "Let's pretend this conversation didn't happen".

Without meeting the young vampire's eyes or looking back, Kibum hurried out the mall fetching his cell phone from his pocket...unaware of Taemin, who looked very worried; he knew exactly where Kibum was heading.
And he returned to Kibum's house.

"Hello? Lyn?"
"Kibum!" the familiar high voice said, "What's up?"
"Can I come visit?"
"Sure, you know the way by now right?"
"Yeah see you".

Kibum began walking to their den; he really wanted to talk with Leo and Lyn but he was extremely guilty for telling Taemin about them. Technically, he promised not to tell werewolves about them and Taemin was a vampire. He could only hope they'd understand.

Usually when Kibum was in the forest, he transformed to his wolf form for efficiency and safety.
However, as his paws trotted through the forest, a weird painful wave spread through his limbs as he abruptly collapsed on the grass.
A whimper left his snout as a familiar tingling feeling in his stomach began to grow.

'!' he swore, 'I'm in heat!'

He knew that in his limps would be fast asleep for at least ten minutes but he had to move. He was near the wolf territory and it wouldn't be safe if someone found him like this; Jonghyun would be furious at him for not following his orders.
And so, the white wolf slowly got to him feet and slowly continued on his way.
Distracted by his mind set on getting to his destination, he failed to notice another scent of werewolf get closer.

"Well look who it is", a familiar voice said.

Kibum turned to see a familiar wolf.

"Long time no see, brother in law".

"Oh Siwon!" Kibum said, deciding to play innocent, "I didn't see you. I was just heading to the pack".

Instead of answering, Siwon's snout face upwards, smelling the air, "You're in heat. Don't you know it's dangerous to be wandering around like this?"

"I-I was going to find Jonghyun actually", Kibum said.

"Really? Because we are quite far from the pack. Nobody would hear you", Siwon said, now only a few steps away from Kibum.

The white wolf was feeling extremely terrified by the elder's presence and words.
"Wh-what are you talking about?" he stuttered.
And without another word, Siwon attacked Kibum's neck, his sharp canines now holding his body still; the neck was a vital point for wolves during hunting and combat.

Kibum yelped but was held still otherwise.
Siwon's body towered over his and he applied the pressure of his weight on Kibum.

And that's when the younger wolf realized what the elder was trying to do.
And he jumped quickly, slipping himself from Siwon's hold. He clawed but Siwon was a lot more larger and experienced.
He snapped at Kibum, pushing the white wolf onto his  back. He took this moment to harm and weaken the latter, leaving Kibum with a gashing wound on the skull and numerous bloody scratches on his back, arms, and legs.

Suddenly, Kibum felt himself become engulfed with pain and a huge pressure blasted at Siwon, tossing the larger wolf into a tree.
Siwon was now unconscious and Kibum was in awe. Did he really attack Siwon? How in the world...?

Suddenly, a familiar grey wolf appeared by his side. Leo.
"Can you move? We need to get out of here!"
Kibum shook himself out of the shock and slowly got to his paws. He could limp but one of his front paws were twisted.
Leo got to his side and helped him as the two hurried through the forest to the hidden den.
Lyn had a look of surprise when she saw Kibum.

"What happened?!"

"Attacked by a werewolf. He was in heat", Leo stated, "We need to get him bandaged first".

Kibum was still in shock from what happened,
"H-how did Siwon--"

"You knew him?!" Leo demanded in surprise.

"He is my m-mate's brother", Kibum said, looking down in shame.

Leo snorted, "And you told me to trust those bastards".

"But I-- he went flying!" Kibum exclaimed as Lyn came in her human form, carrying a first aid kit.
"Yeah, that was your supernatural power", Leo said casually, "You don't know how to control it but it came out when you were in enough trouble I suppose. It's for self-defends anyways".

"Congrats", Lyn muttered under her breath, "I think we should be leaving in a few days. I think we'll be in danger. Especially if that wolf tells his pack about being attacked by Kibum."
Leo silently nodded.
Kibum remained silent; he was still traumatized.

"Kibum", Lyn said softly, "I don't think you'll be safe here... Would you like to leave, with us?"

"What do you mean I won't be safe? When I tell Jonghyun about what Siwon did, he'll punish him for sure!" Kibum exclaimed.

"Honestly, I doubt that will happen. Your mate will take his brother's side over yours", Leo said.

Kibum refused to believe Leo: he knew nothing about Jonghyun and there's no way Jonghyun could be grouped with everyone else. Jonghyun was different.
Jonghyun loved Kibum.

"Do wanna stay the night?" Leo asked suddenly, "The sun is about to set and werewolves are patrolling at this hour so I cannot you home".
Kibum nodded, "Thank you; I really appreciate it".

He changed back into his human form to quickly text Minho to tell him that he'd be spending the night with a friend before falling into a well needed rest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks hyung, I had a lot of fun", Jinki said as the red sports car rolled up at the apartment building's parking lot.

"No problem!" the elder grinned patting Jinki's back, "By the way, I told you to drop the hyung".

Jinki left the car, "And I told you that I won't".

Zorro also left his car and ruffled Jinki's hair, "Yah! Why are you talking back to your hyung?"

"You're an idiot", Jinki rolled his eyes, "I can go up by myself".

"It's better to be safe than sorry Jinki", Zorro said, "Besides, your boyfriend would shred me if anything happens".
Jinki frowned when Minho came up. He nodded at Zorro and they took the elevator upstairs.
However, there was a familiar figure sitting beside Jinki's apartment.

"Jinki! Where did you go with that guy?!" Minho demanded, getting up.

"What are you doing here Minho? How long were you sitting here?" Jinki asked, surprised.

"Well, I've dropped you off", Zorro said, "See ya!"
Jinki nodded without turning around and the elevator closed.

"I asked first", Minho stubbornly said.

"We went to the amusement park".
Minho opened his mouth to say something but Jinki was faster.
"Now you. What are you doing here?"

"I- I just came to talk and see if you were alright", Minho muttered, "And-Uh- say sorry".
Jinki raised a brow.

Minho sighed, "I found your CD. I realized I forgot our anniversary. I'm really sorry".

Jinki swallowed, "It's okay".
"It obviously isn't", Minho said, "Why don't you just say that".
"And what? Start another fight? I'm sorry Minho; I hate fighting with you. I just tried to avoid it", Jinki said, "But, I guess I snapped last week. I don't know why".

Minho sighed before hugging him, "Then quit being selfless. Be selfish. I'm your boyfriend Jinki, let me spoil you. If you don't tell me what's wrong, then who will you tell?"

They stood like that for about ten seconds but when Minho made a little effort to pull away, he noticed that Jinki was holding him extremely tightly.
"Baby", he asked carefully, "Are you crying?"

"No".

Minho smirked in amusement, "I thought I just told you to trust me and not lie to me. C'mon let's go inside".
......................................

A few hours later, Kibum awoke feeling a bit sore. Most of his cuts had heeled but he was feeling restless due to his heat, not to mention, dehydrated.
He had a horrible nightmare, replaying what happened the previous day with Siwon.
He awoke sweaty and gasping.
It was dark and Kibum's mouth was dry. He got up to drag some water but when he got to the kitchen, Leo was already there, sitting with a glass of milk. He looked up in surprise when he saw Kibum.

"Nightmares?" Leo asked.
"Uh yeah, I just came to get a glass of water", Kibum replied. He got some water and sat across from his friend.

“Why aren’t you asleep?” Kibum asked curiously.

“I don’t know; maybe it’s because I prefer not to deal with nightmares”, Leo sighed, “But I was just thinking. You’d be safer with us Kibum. You can trust your own kind this way. I want harmony within our kind and other. We can work together and accomplish that. I’ve seen you display the strength, willpower, and honesty”.

“I-I’m not as honest as you think”, Kibum said, feeling guiltiness overcome his features.

Leo looked up with confusion, “What do you mean?”

“I-I told my friend, he’s a vampire, about meeting you guys. I just needed someone to talk to and I really trust him and----“ Kibum tried to explain.

“Kibum, that’s a dangerous move”, Leo said, his piercing gaze glaring at Kibum.

Kibum noticed movement from the side of his eyes when suddenly; he felt something hit him extremely hard on the hard. He felt a blazing pain on his head before his surroundings began to spin into unconsciousness…

 

....................................................................................................................................................................

DAN DAN DAN DAAAAA

Stuff is happening!!! And i updated :P 

TBH, i was feeing really guilty for updated after SUCH a long time so i decided to b nice so dont hate meeeee

btw, im sorry kuz this is pretty l8 but this is Zorro's character:

OKAY , OKAY, OKAY?

btw, this story will most probably be at most 20 chapters
and spolier alert: the ending that ive decided on currently will not be very pleasant for jongkey... it;ll b sad..
im really sorry lovely subscribers and viewers for my depressing ideas!! :'(

lol so many ppl r prolly gonna unsubscribe for this and be like 

but id just like to warn ppl in advance so they dont waste more time reading and give up XP

sowwyyyy once again

but im prolly not gonna change the ending... even if u do h8 me soooo blaaahhhh idc!! 

id like to thank everyone who has been with this story ever since its first update

i luff u alll :) SARANGHAE

and cheeerrrrss!!! shinee is gonna have a comeback this year!!! 
so after reading my story and becoming depressed, you can still smile!! kuz shinee is having a comeback and what can b better than that??